Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #436
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a great plan! I'm partial to the BWI because that's where DH and I stayed on our honeymoon! Of course I think it's a fabulous choice.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #437
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YOU'RE LIVING THE DREAM!!!!! Seriously. Like. You're living my dream. Not only the wedding aspect but I have been dying to stay at the Boardwalk forever, for some reason I am fascinated by it. The problem is there is no way I can afford the normal price and every time I try to rent points they are sold out. I wanted to do it for our May trip and the only thing that is available is Saratoga Springs. -_-

Anyway I am SO excited for you and I cannot wait to read more!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #438
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Lucky you with the cowboy scene.
Wow! Your first mickey bar welcome to the dark side they are addictive. LOL
Love the pics of the food at Sanaa. That place is so good. I will be eating there one week from tonight. I cannot wait.
E.T. LOL. It looked like a rose.
How nice they gave you roses. The mimosas I would have loved. LOL
LOL. You stole the roses. That is hysterical.
Great pics on Figment
The engagement photos look great.
What a beautiful day to sit outside of Casey’s.
Too bad you couldn’t eat again.
Great resort choices.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #439
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh how wonderful! Yacht club AND Boardwalk! I'm in love with your trip! I'm basically with everyone else so far -- jealous! And very, very happy for you. Sounds like a seriously magical wedding/Disneymoon!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #440
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Catching up...loved all the pics in your last update. Especially the one of your ring with the bride's ring at HM - so clever!

Your upcoming trip sounds so exciting - Yacht and Boardwalk are two of the best!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #441
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Love the idea of your split stay! And its not like you have to go very far either, just a walk around Crescent Lake!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #442
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

We took 9 days for our disneymoon and it was a good long amount of time to get in everything we wanted, and then some.. plus we did waterpark and more also

Yacht club and Boardwalk inn sound like wonderful disneymoon places I've never been to either, to stay, but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Yachtsman at Yacht Club and I love walking through the lobby- it's gorgeous!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #443
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Your honeymoon plans sound great. Thanks for sharing with us. Never stayed st the Yacht Club but we love the Boardwalk. I am sure you will have a great time!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #444
Karabee
DIS Veteran

More details please I love hearing about it all!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #445
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Just adding more love for the Yacht Club and Boardwalk..
LOVE THE whole Boardwalk area...

and you'll get the best of both world with those two resorts... they both have different, complimentary personalities and you can have opposite views across the water...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #446
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

more please ...
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #447
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG staying at the Yacht Club AND the Boardwalk sounds amazing!!! I don't think there could be a more perfect place to spend your wedding, than the Epcot resort area! I LOVE it over there! In fact, I booked my December bounceback trip at the Yacht Club! Yay, so happy for you guys!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #448
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Count me among the jealous! I love the Epcot area resorts!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #449
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Guess who went back to Epcot?

I know that I have been absolutely terrible about posting in this TR in any sort of timely manner. I could give the excuse that Planty ate my internet or something, but blaming my potted plant just seems ridiculous.

(Plus, clearly Hoot is to blame here.)

(Oh, FINE, it's all me. Wedding and honey…sorry DISNEYmoon planning is beginning to consume pretty much all of my internet-ing time (well, except for looking at those YouTube videos of people adding goats into popular songs!), and all of my Dis time lately has just been trying to keep up with all of your great TR's. (I honestly haven’t even clicked on the PTR page in MONTHS, so if I'm curiously absent from yours, don't take it personally!) )

(So while I am trying not to let the remaining 2.5 days of our trip drag out until 2015, well…the plan is for it not to, at least!)

Shall we go back to last October for now though?

When I last left off, oh, probably last year at this point, we had just gone to the Magic Kingdom, and we were heading to everyone’s favorite park (well, ours at least!)…Epcot!

I think I took this picture because I spotted some sort of Disney truck while we were monorailing along the highway.

For those of you new to my TR's, DF LOVES the slow and long rides (i.e.: Backlot Tour, Great Movie Ride, and oh, yes, Ellen's Energy Adventure.)

I don't dislike these rides (especially not Ellen! "Stupid Judy…"), but unlike DF, I’m not compelled to go on them every trip. But he is, so we do.

42 alternative energy resource and Alex Trebek filled minutes later, we were heading to the World Showcase.

I’m pretty sure it’s against the law to go to the World Showcase and not ride El Rio de Tiempo.

We then continued our World Showcase meandering.

I have absolutely no idea who this person is or why I took this picture.

Maybe I was trying to get a picture of this hut?

OH YES I JUST REMEMBERED! The CM's working at the Florida Local Produce hut were exuberantly cheerful, and when we walked by, they all yelled out as loud as they could "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!" and it would make us laugh (yes, this happened multiple times)

I love these drummers – I took a video of them, but I can’t get it to not be sideways.

(Oh, this is clearly a TR worth sticking around for! Such awesome detail and photography/videography skills here.)

More World Showcase meandering ensued. We came across our surprisingly-empty dessert party location, so I took a couple of pictures for reference (why I didn't do this with our other venues, who knows?)

(Okay, my photos have us next going all the way back to Spaceship Earth, which seems a little strange to me. Either we were taking the roundabout method of visiting the Epcot attractions, or these are a bit out of order. We'll go with it though.)

…and then we went to Spaceship Earth!

This was not one of our more photogenic Spaceship Earth rides.

After Spaceship Earth, we hung out and watched the monorails for a bit.

Clearly, I am not as good as taking pictures of myself as Ty is. Let's use this one instead:

"MONORAILLL!!"

Soon after, it was time for us to meet up with my parents for dinner. Our destination for the evening?

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 03-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #450
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Guess who went back to Epcot?

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST...

La Hacienda!!

We were seated at one of the fun booths along the side wall, under the watch of Frida.

When in Mexico, one must Margarita.

DF and my mom both got the avocado margarita.

DF: "Oh, I loved that thing. I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do. Creamy and melony, but a bit light on the liquor."

My dad got the sangria.

No reaction here in my notes, we'll go with he enjoyed it.

And I went with the raspberry lime 'rita.

It had a great flavor, and was nice and refreshing.

We quickly set in on the chips and salsas when they arrived, even though there was plenty more food to come!

They were really good, there were two salsas there, a green salsa verde and a red spicier one.

For his appetizer, DF had the gorditas.

"Very similar to an arepa - it was a cornmeal-based pita pocket. It had a light crispy cornmeal pastry with a meat filling. Good, flavorful, nice texture."

I went with the taquiza, and my parents also ordered a taquiza set to share.

All of the tacos were really good (beef, chicken, and pork), the pork being my favorite. The beef was in chunks, and the chicken and pork were pulled.

Not long after, our entrees arrived!

DF and I had talked and talked and talked about when we had come here before and had the La Hacienda, aka Super Mega Sampler. And so my parents decided to have that, which includes beef, chicken, vegetables, roasted corn, chorizos, black beans, rice, and tortillas.

My favorite part of the La Hacienda had been the chicken, and so I got that as dinner. DF totally copied me and got the same thing.

DF: Better than I remembered, there was more honey sauce on the chicken. It was sweet and spicy.

I thought it was really good, a bit sweeter and spicier than before. I really liked the pineapple slaw on top and the roasted vegetables alongside.

After dinner, we checked out the dessert menu, but nothing was jumping out at us as a "must-try". (Although I know DF was intrigued by the corn ice cream that was listed.) We had the brilliant idea to go over to France and get Napoleons, and set off into the chillier-than-we-had-left-it World Showcase. As we walked, I had the dreaded "do I REALLY need this overpriced sweatshirt" debate with myself. By the time we reached Italy, the answer was yes.

Stopping in the store in Italy, I wasn't too thrilled with the selection (yes, I was still not cold enough to not be picky), and we moved on to France, where my first priority was finding a sweatshirt or something to keep me warm. I ended up picking one out (cute, not overly expensive), and we were back on our way!

Wingnut and I then ran into Boulangerie to pick up our beloved Napoleons.

OF COURSE they were amazing.

It was turning into one of those nights where every single minute felt colder than the one before it. We were debating staying for Illuminations, but were freezing, had been up since mega super early o'clock (yes, this is STILL the same day as our engagement photo shoot!) and knew that we would have to bus back to POFQ, so we paused above our dessert party location to gaze at the beauty that is Epcot when something below us caught our eye.

Hey, it’s a dessert party being set up!

The four of us watched the food and decorations being set up for the party, excited to see how the setup looked.

But it was cold, and we didn't want to be blatant stalkers of the party, so we moved on, my parents back to the Swan, and DF and I back to POFQ.

Goodnight Epcot!

Goodnight Fountain of Nations!

Goodnight Monorail!

[img]http://*****************************/8162782408_e47d863784_z.jpg[/img]
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: