Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #376
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Beautiful engagement photos!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #377
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Your engagement photos are gorgeous! You two look so happy and in love and that blue dress is just beautiful!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #378
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are gorgeous and I love your save the dates!
And your dress was stunning!!

I'm the same way with shoes.. I admit I would have acted the same way too- heels can be the devil sometimes! LOL
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #379
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your engagement photos are amazing! Love that you took them in World Showcase! So super cool! Your save the dates turned out so cute as well!

So super excited for you both!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #380
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I finally have internet access again (after three months!!) so I'm going back to get caught up!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #381
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

I love love love that black and white picture! And you look absolutely beautiful! Your Save The Dates came out so cute! I'm so excited for you guys!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #382
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

You look absolutely stunning! Your dress is a beautiful color on you. Your hair and make up is amazing!!! I bet you felt like a princess..
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #383
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommery View Post
Yay, a new update! Following along...
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. You guys look great - and very happy.

So glad you were finally able to get out of the shoes. Uncomfortable shoes are no good, especially in Disney World.
Thank you!!!

Hahaha yes, the shoes came off as soon as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the pictures, you guys look great! I love your hair and makeup, it's perfect! Your save the date cards are so adorable!

Ugh, I can't imagine walking around in heels in Disney, even for that short amount of time! I am so not a heels kind of girl anymore! Give me Crocs any day!
Thanks!!

Ugh, no, it was not a morning of well-planned footwear! I am not a heels kind of girl AT ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
After looking at the engagement pictures, I have new nicknames for you two. Sexy Sara and Stud Muffin! You two look amazing and so in love. While I like all of the pictures, I think that the phone booth ones were my favorite and was excited to see that you chose it for your Save The Date card. Oh and the card, super cute!

Believe me when I say that I did not laugh one tiny little bit when you were talking about walking in the heels and couldn't wait to get out of them. I hate wearing heels and only do it when it's absolutely necessary. Thank goodness our church has a "come as you are" policy and I don't feel like I have to dress all dressy.
Hahaha thank you!!!

I pretty much avoid wearing heels as much as possible too!! This was a rare occasion for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsDisneyMom View Post
Joining in! Love your trip reports! You guys look great in the engagement photos!
Welcome!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love those photos !! Absolutely amazing !! You both look so good. Priceless !!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
What BEAUTIFUL engagement pictures!

How spectacular that you were able to have them done at Epcot - what an excellent backdrop! (And, perfect for the two of you!)
Thanks!! Yes, it was so fun that we were able to do them in Epcot!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #384
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Your engagement photos are wonderful...by yourselves, you look beautiful and Wingnut is very handsome, but together you're perfection!
Awww thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Look at you ... your little blue dress looking all Frenchie and those cute little heels... nice make up too.... You and Wingnut are looking great...

BTW I would have thought it too cool to be driving on the Epcot WS path too...
Thank you!!!

Hahaha yes, that was very cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1972 View Post
Absolutely fabulous photos! I think my favorites are the ones with the phone booth. So precious.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Gorgeous photos Sara! You guys got some incredible shots.

Your hair and makeup look great, and what a good idea to use the engagement shoot as a trial run. I'm sure you'll feel much more confident on the big day having already seen her work.

I'd have been tempted to buy new shoes too. Once the feet hurt, there's just no distracting me from it.
Thanks!!!

Yes, I was happy to be able to do a trial run!!

Ugh, no, there was absolutely nothing on my mind other than being able to take off those heels!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know I said this before - but those pictures are really stunning and I absolutely love the makeup. Your makeup person did a fantastic job - just perfect for your pictures!

I think that would be a very fun experience!

As to the evil shoes - lesson learned!
Thank you!!! It was a really cool experience!

Hahaha yes, I definitely learned my lesson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ohhhh those engagement photos are absolutely gorgeous!!
I know how awful an evil pair of shoes can be but I had a bit of a giggle at your description of throwing them and saying words and using muppet bandages.
Thank you!!!

Hahaha in retrospect, it was pretty funny! Yes, of COURSE I used my Muppets band-aids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Wow, Sara, you looked gorgeous! (Not that you don't always look pretty!! Lol just realized how that sounded >.<)

Love the Morocco pictures!!! They're my favorite of the set
Hahaha thank you!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #385
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

STUNNING shots! How fun to have your engagement shots taken at Epcot! That sounds like a dream!!! Shew, glad you got those shoes off and hopefully had no permanent damage...cannot imagine trying to walk anywhere in nice shoes at WDW!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #386
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I am peeking out of lurkdom for a moment to comment on your engagement photos...WOW!!!!!! What an incredible experience! If these are just engagement pics I cannot wait to see what they do with the actual wedding photos!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

A sidenote about the evil cute shoes...I can totally relate. Being the country bumpkin that I am from TN, I probably would have kicked them off and went barefoot!!!

Okay, going back into hiding now...
Thank you!!!

Hahaha I did consider it, I'll admit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, those engagement photos are amazing. Love the locations you two are in for the photos, as well. Morocco has those tiles that I think go really well with your pictures.
And your hair and makeup look great.
Overall, in just what you've posted so far, it looks like everything was coming together smoothly and there weren't a lot of bumps in the wedding-planning mode.

Ugh, heels in Disney.... There's a reason all the touring books and planning websites preach about the neccesity of good shoes on a WDW vacation. I couldn't imagine having to walk around for even an hour in uncomfortable shoes in the World Showcase.
Thanks!! Yes, I loved the atmosphere in Morocco! No, no wedding-planning bumps, knock on wood!

Hahaha yes, I pretty much violated the number one rule of Disney right there! Badly-thought-out plan on my part, I have to admit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Great photos
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
It sounds like an amazing trip so far.WOW that black n white phonre booth kiss pic looks great!!It's like something out of a magazine.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Aw, your engagement photos turned out great! I like the pleats in your dress (I guess they're pleats?), they make it look very elegant.

It's so funny to see those glamorous photos of yours in that room in Morocco, with the fountain where I once had a picture taken.
Thank you!! Yes, those are pleats - I have to say, I am very impressed with your fashion knowledge, Glenn!!

Hahaha I had forgotten all about that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Fantastic Photos!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love your engagement photos! They turned out so nice. Great choice for your save the dates as well. You must be getting excited now!

I'll try to remember what we had for our brunch menu…
- Some type of chicken (but it was to-order so not many people had it)
- Pasta Primavera
- Mickey Waffles
- Eggs/Bacon/Sausage/etc.
- Fruit and yogurt parfaits (delicious - in individual martini glasses)
- Croissants
- Fruit
- Pastries/tarts

There was a ton of food and many choices. It was all great, and it really wasn't very expensive per person. Since it was brunch, and I am picky, and it was fairly informal, we had a buffet.
Thank you!!

Oooh your brunch menu sounds really good!!! Thanks for sharing!! (And making me hungry! )
Old 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #387
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I love your photos. I really like the one of you holding hands and it looks like you are holding a glowing magical crystal or something. I can only image how beautiful your wedding will be.
Thank you!!! Hahaha it does look like a magic crystal!! That was inside the entrance to Tangeriene Cafe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Such COOL pictures! You both looked great and got some really creative shots too! I'm jealous - we didn't even get engagement pictures, and our wedding photographer was less than creative. Oh well! Things are different these days (I sound like I've been married for 40 years!- it's really 15.)

I feel your pain on the shoes! I probably would have been barefoot by the time I got out of IG!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Beautiful Engagement pictures!!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your pictures are so wonderful! World Showcase is an awesome, awesome spot to have engagement photos in. That's just brilliant. Ahh, I love it!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I love your engagement pictures!! Especially the ones in Morocco, my favorite pavilion. And you dress is so cute! Where did you find it?
Thanks!! I got the dress a few years ago from Anthropologie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Your photos came out AMAZING! AHHH. I lovelovelove them! You look beautiful. Your wedding is going to be so wonderful! I'm excited for you! And your Save the Dates are adorable, too!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Your engagement photos are gorgeous!! And I love your dress!

Love hearing about all the wedding planning as well. Who knew there were so many ways to fold a napkin? Awesome!
Thank you!!!

Hahaha I never knew how many napkin folds there were either!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #388
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Beautiful engagement photos!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Your engagement photos are gorgeous! You two look so happy and in love and that blue dress is just beautiful!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Your pictures are gorgeous and I love your save the dates!
And your dress was stunning!!

I'm the same way with shoes.. I admit I would have acted the same way too- heels can be the devil sometimes! LOL
Thanks!!! Hahaha yes, I am not a heels kind of girl at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Your engagement photos are amazing! Love that you took them in World Showcase! So super cool! Your save the dates turned out so cute as well!

So super excited for you both!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I finally have internet access again (after three months!!) so I'm going back to get caught up!
Yay for Internet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I love love love that black and white picture! And you look absolutely beautiful! Your Save The Dates came out so cute! I'm so excited for you guys!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
You look absolutely stunning! Your dress is a beautiful color on you. Your hair and make up is amazing!!! I bet you felt like a princess..
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
STUNNING shots! How fun to have your engagement shots taken at Epcot! That sounds like a dream!!! Shew, glad you got those shoes off and hopefully had no permanent damage...cannot imagine trying to walk anywhere in nice shoes at WDW!
Thank you!!!

No, thankfully nothing beyond a few blisters!! I definitely learned my lesson with those shoes quickly!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #389
Avery&Todd
Mouseketeer

LOVED!! the photos!!

it makes me want to go back in time 20 years and get married at Disney!!

and can I just say that I actually heard "evil foreshadowing music" playing in my head when you decided to NOT put those flip flops in your bag....

and even though Im a dreaded lurker , I've loved ALL of your TRs!!

June 2015: time to plan!! June 2012 - BC June 2010 - WL June 2009 - WL
Avery&Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: