Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #271
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

It's always a nice surprise when you get the cowboy scene- always the ganster one, always lol

We always seem to go in the fall, so we miss osborne lights. Never been in disney when christmas time stuff is going on

I think ive only ever had a bite of the mickey premium icecream bar.. from my son... and it was small... hahaha

I loved when we had APs and the TIW cards... it was awesome!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #272
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Eight million muppet hats.....oh, that's hilarious! We spent your whole last trip report looking for one.
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #273
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We finally got to see the cowboy side this October. My DH never believed me when I told him that there was a cowboy scene (I told him my DISfriends knew about it!) So one time he asked the CM outside the entrance. She told him there was, it's not always running, but we could ask to ride that side. Yeah, I gave him the "I told you so" look!
This look?
Or this one?

Aaaah....our great Disney knowledge!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #274
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Cowboy scene! So jealous!
Of course there are thousands of muppet hats now!
That Mickey and Minnie bride and groom are way too cute!
Hahaha of course!!! They were pretty cute! (No, they did not make our souvenir roundup this time though!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY for AP and TiW discounts !!! Hahahaha on the muppet hats. Bummer that DF didn't want to buy the Micky and Minnie Groom and Bride. Isn't that an anachronism ?? I mean Mickey and Minnie aren't supposed to be married right ??? I dunno.
I loved having those discounts!!!

RIGHT???? I was wondering that too!! I thought they were boyfriend and girlfriend, not husband and wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I like the fact that you are so flexible with your park plans... go where the wind takes you at the GF bus stop ... ehh uhhh except AK! That's me... I think I'll let that bus just go right ahead and pass us by!

I must not pay attention on TGMR because I had to ask my DD if there were two different hostile take-over scenes that alternate depending... uh yes! We must usually see the gangster version. Ok.. moving along..I'll pay better attention next time.

Ahhh the power of the AP combined with having a TiW card - you practically had to spend money to see how much you could save! A woman's logic I'm sure! Sure is exciting to have both though.

Looking forward to more Stringbean and Wingnut adventures!
LOL I am 75% flexible with our park plans!

Hahaha yep, there are two versions, but most times it seems like people end up with the gangster scene.

Exactly!! Hahaha it was great to have them though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
It seems like more and more people are lucking out with the cowboy scene on Great Movie Ride. Maybe Disney has realized people get sick of going through the mobster one every single time. I still have yet to see the cowboys, though, so let's hope this trend continues.

Being an Annual Passholder is fantastic. You feel so special. (And all those discounts are great! I use it even when I'm buiying an 8 dollar pin. )
I think they only run the cowboy scene when it's busier. But they should flip it around or something, it gets stale to only see the one option!

I think my "best" use of the discount was on a bottle of water! I used it for EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah for the cowboy side of GMR. I've only ever had it ONCE. That needs to change.

True confession - I don't think I have ever had a mickey bar, except perhaps to rescue a melting one from one of my kids when they were little. But yours looks so good now I kinda want one.

So the frozen rita was "eh"? Well, I hope you grabbed mom by the hand, led her out of the park, and put her on the next friendship boat over to the Ditch. She can't say any of those rites are "eh" .

I love the bride and groom Mickey. Please say you bought them. When wingnut wasn't looking.
They really should use that option more often, it makes it more interesting at least to have different scenarios!

Awww, you should definitely try one of your own! (Or, (shh) I'm almost positive they're exactly the same as Dove bars - albeit Mickey-shaped!)

Oh do not worry, she knows about the Ditch!!! She loves the avocado margaritas! Those margaritas are DEFINITELY not eh!

No, I didn't!! Hahaha that would have made for an awesome surprise when I made them start singing at home though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Does make one feel a bit cocky, doesn't it?

Cute picture of String and Wing.

Good for getting the cowboy scene while you had guests along with you. I'd say we're about 10:1 on gangsters vs. cowboys, so your parents got lucky.

I feel the warmth of the day in those pictures, which is nice, since it is here!
Hahaha it kind of did make me feel pretty awesome, I will admit!

String and Wing - love it!!

I think this was their first time with the cowboys - that's about our ratio at this point too!

It wasn't really THAT warm that day, but definitely warmer than it is now here (and I'm sure by you too) in January!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #275
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
All caught up! Love the little touch from the Swan! That pen is too cute!

All of your wedding locations are lovely! You are going to have an absolutely beautiful wedding!

Of course you saw a million Muppet hats! That is always the way it goes!

Too funny that you made all the wedding Mickeys and Minnies play music!
It was super-sweet of them! Hahaha I use that pen now all the time!

Thank you!!!

LOL it definitely is! Hahaha I'm a troublemaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love the idea of playing bus roulette! I think we'll be depending on buses for some of our trip in Feb. so maybe I'll do the same thing! Although I'm not sure how rigidly my sister has our park days planned out!

Yay Hollywood Studios, love that park! So jealous you got the cowboy scene! Someday I'm going to be brave and ask for it, I just don't like bothering the CM's unless I really have to!

Ugh, those Osborne Lights taunted us in October 2011 too, which is how I ended up planning that quick December trip that year...and the AP of course!

I love the bride and groom Mickey and Minnie...I'd probably be tempted to make the whole shelf play music too...
I'm a fan of the occasional bus roulette - especially on this trip, we had pretty much no park plan.

I've asked for the cowboy scene before, no shame in asking!! They really only seem to run it during busier times though, you probably won't have much luck first thing in the morning or when it's quieter there.

Oh don't tempt me!!! Now that we have AP's, all the time I'm secretly thinking, "maybe we could just squeeze in a quick trip!!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the update! I'm glad that you got the Cowboy scene in GMR, it's nice to have a chance occasionally.

I was laughing at your description of politely meandering-that's so true! No one ever wants to be the one who makes all the decisions.

Of course they had a whole kiosk full of Muppet hats, happens to me all the time. Perhaps it's because we're trendsetters. Everyone wants them after we have them!

Cute Bride and Groom dolls. Maybe if Wingnut would buy you these things you wouldn't be forced to make the whole shelf sing.

Disney with Discounts? I'd be so happy!
It is nice to mix it up sometimes!

Hahaha so true! When the Muppets are on the table, I don't mind making that decision though!

LOL that must be it!!!

Hahaha I saw it more as "letting other shoppers experience the magical singing dolls"

Having the discounts was great, I have to say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Poor Animal Kingdom.

The Muppet hat rack... Isn't that always the way it goes?

YAY FOR YOUR FIRST MICKEY PREMIUM! What a monumental moment!
Hahahaha aww okay, I do appreciate AK a bit more since last time, but still, on a condensed park-time trip like we were on, it's not at the top of our list!

It really is!! Disney merchandise gets me every time!!

It was pretty monumental, I have to say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Aren't the AP's a nice touch of DFTW? I was soooo excited when we got ours lol I won't judge you about your Mickey Bar, I had my first one in 2010! The cowboy scene in GMR looks pretty cool. Every time I ride, I get the gangster one. Every. Time.
YES!!! I thought that was awesome that we got them!!!

Hahahaha sometimes these Disney snacks just fall under our radar!!

Ask about the cowboys next time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! If I'm this excited at just seeing pictures of your wedding locations, I can imagine what you were feeling. Like the others, I knew that you'd work Epcot into the plans somehow.

Aww, too bad you didn't get to do a little boogie woogie oogie with Mulch Sweat & Shears. I love those guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Awww thank you!!!

I know!! I was pretty disappointed they were driving away right as we arrived!

Happy New Year to you too!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #276
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Super yeah for getting the cowboy side of the GMR... I was starting to think that was just a rumor...

Did you really make the super cute Mickey & Minnie Bride and Grooms play their music... Good for you...
Hahaha no, it really does exist!!

LOL of course I did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We finally got to see the cowboy side this October. My DH never believed me when I told him that there was a cowboy scene (I told him my DISfriends knew about it!) So one time he asked the CM outside the entrance. She told him there was, it's not always running, but we could ask to ride that side. Yeah, I gave him the "I told you so" look!
We asked on our recent trip and had to wait an extra 20 minutes, but I was happy! We had a longer line than we'd ever seen either.
Yay for getting the cowboy side AND getting to use the "I told you so" look!!! It's always a good day when that happens!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
It's always a nice surprise when you get the cowboy scene- always the ganster one, always lol

We always seem to go in the fall, so we miss osborne lights. Never been in disney when christmas time stuff is going on

I think ive only ever had a bite of the mickey premium icecream bar.. from my son... and it was small... hahaha

I loved when we had APs and the TIW cards... it was awesome!
Hahaha I know, it's a good variation from the norm!

Disney during the holidays is SUCH a different experience, I have to say!

Awww you'll have to get your own next time!

Having the cards really is cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Eight million muppet hats.....oh, that's hilarious! We spent your whole last trip report looking for one.
LOL right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This look?
Or this one?

Aaaah....our great Disney knowledge!
Hahahaha Roz...I love her!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #277
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm back on the Dis, and all caught up with your January and current trip reports!

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and upcoming Disney wedding! The locations look lovely, and the Illuminations dessert party looks awesome!

(I can't believe there was an entire cart of those Muppet hats! Isn't that always the case?)

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #278
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm back on the Dis, and all caught up with your January and current trip reports!

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and upcoming Disney wedding! The locations look lovely, and the Illuminations dessert party looks awesome!

(I can't believe there was an entire cart of those Muppet hats! Isn't that always the case?)
Welcome back!! Thank you!!!

Hahahaha yes, it always is!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #279
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I can't think of a clever title here...dinner at Sanaa!

A bit before our ADR time, we decided to head over to Kidani Village to hang out and watch the animals.

We were enjoying the Floridian weather (not exactly warm, but far warmer than home by comparison!) far too much to stay inside for long.

I actually don't have any other pictures of the savannah beyond this one. Soon after we started hanging out and pointing out the zebras and giraffes to each other, a CM came over and asked if we had any questions about the animals. We all started chatting about the animals, which then quickly led to us all talking for a good half hour about his experiences so far as a CM. I don't remember his name, but he's from South Africa, and was SO excited to be meeting so many different people from all over the world at Disney. We had a lot of fun talking to him, but we eventually had to go inside for our ADR. We all wished each other well, and walked over to Sanaa.

We waited for a few minutes, and then were seated at a table with these awesome lights overhead.

My mom got a Painted Lemur, which she declared delicious - both beautiful and tasty!

And I got a mango lassi (the guys probably just got sodas or water, no pictures of their beverages).

The lassi was not very lassi-like, it was very icy and more like a smoothie than the lassis I'm used to from Indian restaurants by home. Very light on the yogurt, and heavier on the ice.

We decided to start with the festival of breads, which was accompanied by Red Chili Sambal, Red Pepper Hummus, Coriander Chutney, Cucumber Raita, and Tamarind sauce.

All of the dips and the breads (some were crispier, and a few were flavored naans) were very good (the red chili sambal was a bit too spicy for my taste, but I loved the cucumber raita and the tamarind sauce), and we had absolutely no difficulty polishing off the assortment amongst the four of us.

For our entrees, we all went with the Slow Cooked in Gravy with different selections for the meats.

I had the Beef Short Ribs and the Paneer Tikka with Basmati Rice.

Like last time, I really enjoyed the short ribs. The paneer tikka was great, but very lemony in flavor, which wasn't bad, but a bit unexpected.

My dad had the Spicy Durban Chicken and the Spicy Durban Shrimp.

He really enjoyed this, said it was nice and spicy.

DF had the Lamb Vindaloo and the Spicy Durban Shrimp.

He thought that the shrimp was very good, and the lamb was very tender. He commented that the Spicy Durban sauce was spicier than the Vindaloo, which was different than what he normally encounters.

And my mom had the Paneer Tikka and the Spicy Durban Chicken.

She thought that this was delicious, and preferred the chicken to the paneer, saying that the paneer was a bit too mild for her taste.

Overall, we had a great meal at Sanaa (yes, we decided to skip dessert! ), and would definitely return in the future. The food is great and flavorful, and the atmosphere is one of our favorites.

I wanted to check out the gift shop in Jambo house before we headed back to the resort, so we started to walk over there when I saw a shuttle bus in front of Kidani Village. A family was getting in, all chatting about going to their Boma ADR. I thought I had remembered a shuttle bus going between the two buildings, so I asked if we could hop aboard as well. They said sure, and we hopped in, making our trip to Jambo House much easier (and warmer, it had gotten chilly by this point) .

We poked around the gift shop for a few minutes, and then decided to make our way back to Port Orleans. Knowing that we'd have to take another bus from whatever park we went to from AKL, we figured we'd just kept an eye out for the first one to arrive. My parents were staying at the Swan, and decided that they wanted to stroll through Epcot to get back.

A Hollywood Studios bus pulled up first, DF and I got aboard, waved goodbye to my parents, saying that we'd see them bright and early again the next morning for our planning session!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #280
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

this tr excites me because a really good friend of mine is getting married at sea breeze point in may so seeing that pic made me all fluttery.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #281
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I have yet to try Sanaa fearing I wouldn't find anything that appealed to my inner picky eater. You are changing my mind... looks yummy and I just adore the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Adding this to my "to try" list. Can't wait to hear about your planning session!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #283
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Your meal at Sanaa sounds so good... I'm going to have to plan a lunch there next summer... I just love the whole AKL/Kindani complex... always have great experiences and CMs there...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #284
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

ahhh! Your mom's drink looks so tasty!!!!
sorry your lassi was too icy, not enough yogurt!

yay for wedding planning sessions :D
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #285
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

That CM sounds so sweet! I just love CMs like that.

The food at Sanaa always looks so delicious, but I'm so nervous to try that place! Being picky is tough.

YAY for more wedding planning!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: