Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #256
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hooray for Hollywood (Studios)! Part 2

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS UPDATE

After the Great Movie Ride, we found ourselves on the Streets of America, being taunted by how soon the Osborne Lights would be starting RIGHT after we left.

Wah.

We saw Mulch, Sweat, and Shears pulling away after finishing one of their performances, so, sadly, I did not get the opportunity to dance with them like Lisa (Mickeystoontown) had.

After starting to do the meander politely bit again, I took the reins and declared that the Muppets would be our next stop.

As we approached MuppetVision 3D (Hi, I'm Dorothy, I'm Dinah, and I'm Max...), I noticed the little cart right by the entrance had, oh, around EIGHT MILLION OF THE MUPPETS HATS ON IT.

Of course it did.

Happily, we arrived not too far into the preshow, and so we got to watch a good portion of it.

After the show, we declared that it was high time for a snack. We couldnt decide what we wanted, and ended up on Sunset Blvd. with all of our wandering. After contemplating the menus at some of the CS areas, my mom and dad decided to go with a margarita and a frozen lemonade, respectively. (I want to say that these were from High Octane Refreshments, but I could just be making that up. It sounds plausible though, right?)

Wingnut and I went over to one of the ice cream carts, where he got a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich, and I chose a Mickey Premium Bar.

Frozen Margarita (Mom: Eh. A good solid 5.)

(5 out of how many, I'm not really sure. Let's go with 10.)

Frozen Lemonade (Dad: Very good.)

Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich (DF: Really good.)

Mickey Premium Bar (Me: Nom nom nom...)

Alright, I know that youre not going to believe this, but this was actually my very first Mickey Premium Bar. Ever. Ever ever ever. I know that sounds crazy, but just recently has my lactose intolerance been mellowing out so that I have been able to have things like pizza and cheesecake and ice cream. I only now need to take a Lactaid for cheesecake and ice cream even pizza and other cheesy items are good to go with me now!

(Is that too much information about my digestive system? Sorry.)

Us:

After our frozen treats, we realized that the parade was going to start pretty much momentarily, and we had to decide whether or not to go to the shops across the street or head out of the park pretty soon, or be stuck on Sunset Blvd. for the duration. We decided to dash across the street into the shops, and I only briefly pretended that I was a part of the oncoming parade, waving and holding my head up high, as we crossed.

(I'd say that I only act like this in Disney World, but that would be a bit of a lie...)

A glimpse of the merriment:

As we walked around the shop, the parade blaring outside with dance music, I found this little adorable couple.

Me: Look.
DF: No.
Me: Look, they play music.
DF: No.
Me: Look, I can make the entire shelf of them play music.
DF: (walking away) This is why we cant take you anywhere.

Things are always festive when I'm around, I'll say that much.

A few minutes later, the walls of the shop stopped reverberating with the peppy dance music and we headed back outside, stopping in Sid Cahungas shop on the way to Guest Services to get the Tables in Wonderland card.

With the AP and TIW cards combined (is anyone else thinking of the Captain Planet theme song right now, or is it just me?), I now felt the ultimate power of the Annual Passholder. With both dining and shopping discounts at my fingertips, nary a purchase would be made for the duration of the trip without me asking, "do you accept this discount?"

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 12-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #257
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Cowboy scene! So jealous!
Of course there are thousands of muppet hats now!
That Mickey and Minnie bride and groom are way too cute!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #259
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I like the fact that you are so flexible with your park plans... go where the wind takes you at the GF bus stop ... ehh uhhh except AK! That's me... I think I'll let that bus just go right ahead and pass us by!

I must not pay attention on TGMR because I had to ask my DD if there were two different hostile take-over scenes that alternate depending... uh yes! We must usually see the gangster version. Ok.. moving along..I'll pay better attention next time.

Ahhh the power of the AP combined with having a TiW card - you practically had to spend money to see how much you could save! A woman's logic I'm sure! Sure is exciting to have both though.

Looking forward to more Stringbean and Wingnut adventures!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #260
amazingact21
Upendi

It seems like more and more people are lucking out with the cowboy scene on Great Movie Ride. Maybe Disney has realized people get sick of going through the mobster one every single time. I still have yet to see the cowboys, though, so let's hope this trend continues.

Being an Annual Passholder is fantastic. You feel so special. (And all those discounts are great! I use it even when I'm buiying an 8 dollar pin. )
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 AM   #261
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah for the cowboy side of GMR. I've only ever had it ONCE. That needs to change.

True confession - I don't think I have ever had a mickey bar, except perhaps to rescue a melting one from one of my kids when they were little. But yours looks so good now I kinda want one.

So the frozen rita was "eh"? Well, I hope you grabbed mom by the hand, led her out of the park, and put her on the next friendship boat over to the Ditch. She can't say any of those rites are "eh" .

I love the bride and groom Mickey. Please say you bought them. When wingnut wasn't looking.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #262
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

With the AP and TIW cards combined, I now felt the ultimate power of the Annual Passholder. With both dining and shopping discounts at my fingertips, nary a purchase would be made for the duration of the trip without me asking, "do you accept this discount?"
Does make one feel a bit cocky, doesn't it?

Cute picture of String and Wing.

Good for getting the cowboy scene while you had guests along with you. I'd say we're about 10:1 on gangsters vs. cowboys, so your parents got lucky.

I feel the warmth of the day in those pictures, which is nice, since it is here!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #263
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Love the little touch from the Swan! That pen is too cute!

All of your wedding locations are lovely! You are going to have an absolutely beautiful wedding!

Of course you saw a million Muppet hats! That is always the way it goes!

Too funny that you made all the wedding Mickeys and Minnies play music!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #264
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of playing bus roulette! I think we'll be depending on buses for some of our trip in Feb. so maybe I'll do the same thing! Although I'm not sure how rigidly my sister has our park days planned out!

Yay Hollywood Studios, love that park! So jealous you got the cowboy scene! Someday I'm going to be brave and ask for it, I just don't like bothering the CM's unless I really have to!

Ugh, those Osborne Lights taunted us in October 2011 too, which is how I ended up planning that quick December trip that year...and the AP of course!

I love the bride and groom Mickey and Minnie...I'd probably be tempted to make the whole shelf play music too...

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #265
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the update! I'm glad that you got the Cowboy scene in GMR, it's nice to have a chance occasionally.

I was laughing at your description of politely meandering-that's so true! No one ever wants to be the one who makes all the decisions.

Of course they had a whole kiosk full of Muppet hats, happens to me all the time. Perhaps it's because we're trendsetters. Everyone wants them after we have them!

Cute Bride and Groom dolls. Maybe if Wingnut would buy you these things you wouldn't be forced to make the whole shelf sing.

Disney with Discounts? I'd be so happy!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #266
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Poor Animal Kingdom.

The Muppet hat rack... Isn't that always the way it goes?

YAY FOR YOUR FIRST MICKEY PREMIUM! What a monumental moment!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #267
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Aren't the AP's a nice touch of DFTW? I was soooo excited when we got ours lol I won't judge you about your Mickey Bar, I had my first one in 2010! The cowboy scene in GMR looks pretty cool. Every time I ride, I get the gangster one. Every. Time.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #268
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! If I'm this excited at just seeing pictures of your wedding locations, I can imagine what you were feeling. Like the others, I knew that you'd work Epcot into the plans somehow.

Aww, too bad you didn't get to do a little boogie woogie oogie with Mulch Sweat & Shears. I love those guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #269
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Super yeah for getting the cowboy side of the GMR... I was starting to think that was just a rumor...

Did you really make the super cute Mickey & Minnie Bride and Grooms play their music... Good for you...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #270
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

We finally got to see the cowboy side this October. My DH never believed me when I told him that there was a cowboy scene (I told him my DISfriends knew about it!) So one time he asked the CM outside the entrance. She told him there was, it's not always running, but we could ask to ride that side. Yeah, I gave him the "I told you so" look!
We asked on our recent trip and had to wait an extra 20 minutes, but I was happy! We had a longer line than we'd ever seen either.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: