Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #241
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Lovely locations! That will be just a perfect day! And we knew there had to be something Epcot related!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #242
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Sounds like things are coming together nicely. Can't wait to read more!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #244
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
WHAT?? How did you get free chocolate??? The only chocolate I saw had price tags along with it
There was a guy handing them out. He had a little basket like at DTD.
Wow it was really dark when you got going this morning.
I love Kona for breakfast. Vinny not so much.
No you are not the only one to decide weeks in advance and then be torn of a menu choice.
Have you seen the décor for the rooms in GFV? Yuck!
Can I just say if the U.S. ever does allow gay marriages federally and not just in states I will have a recommitment ceremony here.

Great update and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #245
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love your location choices! They all seem perfect for the two of you.

shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #246
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Aww reading about your site visit makes me all nostalgic lol Having a DFTW was the best decision we could have made. You picked some wonderful locations!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #248
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up, hooray!! Your banana joke made me laugh out loud, especially at Wingnut's parents' reaction, hahaha.

I really enjoy JetBlue! They have to be my favorite airline. I so wish they flew from Seattle to Orlando directly... buuuut they don't. If we flew them we'd have to do Seattle-New York (or Boston)-Orlando.. It'd end up being like 9 hours and 50 minutes or something wonky like that.

YAY FOR EPCOT! I can't wait to go back there! That will be our first park during our trip since we'll be a 5 minute walk from it. I do adore that park a lot.

Okay, the sticky toffee pudding is making me regret not getting an ADR there. We always do Raglan Road, one of these days we'll have to check out Rose & Crowne!

Your breakfast at Kona is making me so excited!! I am stuck between the Macadamia nut pancakes and the Tonga toast though... I've never had either but they both look so good!

Oh my gosh, those wedding sites look BEAUTIFUL! If I were to get married in Disney World, I would've totally chosen the same thing! How exciting that must have been to start to visualize it all! AHH!

Can't wait to read more!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #249
HeatherNJNC
Twitterpated!

Just came across your trip report! I think I'll vicariously live my wedding again through you! We were married at Sea Breeze Point and it was amazing! Good luck with your planning!

I WAS A DISNEY BRIDE!
September 19, 2009
Sea Breeze Point/Ariel's
PJ & TR
HeatherNJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #250
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update! At first I thought you were visiting the GF to possibly get married there, and I thought "no way, they have to have an Epcot or Epcot resort wedding"! Ahhh seeing this update makes me wish SO much that we had a Disney wedding! But at least we had a Disneymoon!

I think all of your choices are wonderful, it sounds like your wedding will be amazing!

Happy Holidays!
Haha yeah, it was definitely going to be an Epcot-area location for us!!!

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY for wedding stuff !!! I have always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian and this DVC addition is my chance !!! It looks bigger at the ground level than it does from the monorail, I think.
It looks like it's going to be really big! I'm interested to see what it looks like when it's all completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
How excited to see your ceremony, reception, and dessert party locations!! Is Sea Breeze Point the site at the far end of Boardwalk before you get to the bridge to Epcot?? It all looks so lovely!!

This all makes me want to drag my man back down the aisle and make him declare that he still loves me after all these years with a vow renewal!

Wishing you and Wingnut (ok, not Joe apparently!), planty, and Hoot a wonderful Holiday as well!!
Yes, it's the gazebo right before the bridge!

Hahaha awww a vow renewal sounds like a fun idea!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Your wedding is going to be SO magical! I knew you'd choose an Epcot location, and the dessert party is a great idea! It's fun living vicariously through you guys as you plan!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so impressed with how your plans are already coming together! It is going to be amazing!!!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Did you know I actually went in the wedding pavilion once? Yup. True story. Several years ago I was on a girls' trip and we were pool hopping at the GF. So we decided to walk down the beach towards the chapel. A force just pulled me in and I kept getting closer and closer until I was at the door. I pulled on the handle and *bam* it opened. Queue the hallelujah chorus. It was gorgeous. O.M.G.

Your venues for your service, reception, and dessert party are wonderful choices. What is the date again? (you know - in case I happen to be there at the same time and become an accidental lurker....). Cynthia and I saw a lovely reception set up near the cottages and the quiet pool at the BWV. We didn't stay around to see the guests come in, but the area looked beautiful and we got a sneak peek of the bride out near the boardwalk.

So there's a wedding mobile?

Fun update.
YES I remember you mentioning that before!! How lucky!!! Unfortunately, the doors were locked when we were there!

Thank you! The cottage area sounds like an awesome wedding spot!

Yes, there is!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #251
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my goodness!!!! Yall's wedding is going to be AMAZING. You are so lucky you have a chance to get married at Disney World... and a fiance that's willing to do so!

Your own private IlluminNations dessert party? Oh my Heaven.
Thank you!!! Yes, he's so excited about it - I'm very lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
All of those locations look wonderful!!!!

So excited for you!!!!
A Disney Wedding :D

Illuminations Dessert?!? um, AWESOME!!!!! Perfect way to end the night, AND make sure you see illuminations!!!
Thank you!!! Hahaha yes, we won't be missing Illuminations then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

What great choices for your wedding venues!!! We saw a wedding taking place at the SBP one visit. It was so pretty!

I remember MEK's stealth visit to the wedding pavilion! She got some great pictures!!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I want to try to get over to GF to see the new pool area on the March trip.

So fun to be making Disney wedding plans! Thanks for letting us in on the behind-the-scenes preparation.

Oooooooh, how fun!!!
The new splash area is really cute, it's all Alice in Wonderland themed!

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Not that I am biased, or anything, but Sea Breeze is the best spot! I can still remember standing there with my husband on a beautiful sunny day, with Disney blue skies (you know Exactly what I mean), a nice breeze and our family. Some of our best pictures have all of the Boardwalk buildings as a background. So excited for you! We go back every year and take a picture there together.
You're making me even more excited about choosing SBP!!! That's so sweet that you take an annual picture there - what a wonderful idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
WOW! Your wedding looks like its going to be amazing! I shouldn't be even remotely surprised that you chose a Boardwalk area/EPCOT location. I think you made great choices and I can't imagine any better way to end a wedding than with Illuminations!
Thank you!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #252
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Love all your wedding location choices! Sea Breeze Point looks like a gorgeous place to have your wedding ceremony. And I've always thought the IllumiNations Dessert Parties are a great addition to a Disney Wedding. (It was number 1 on my must-have list back when I toyed with a Disney Wedding.)
And, it looks like day 1 of wedding plans ran smoothly! Always a plus.
Thanks!!! Yes, we are VERY excited about the dessert party!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Excellant choices, i wonder which one you will go with. Not a loser in the bunch, good luck. And Illuminations to cap off the night. Perfect for you two!!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Lovely locations! That will be just a perfect day! And we knew there had to be something Epcot related!
Thanks!!! Hahaha yes, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Sounds like things are coming together nicely. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Lovely location choices....

Um are you going to Epcot next...?
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
There was a guy handing them out. He had a little basket like at DTD.
Wow it was really dark when you got going this morning.
I love Kona for breakfast. Vinny not so much.
No you are not the only one to decide weeks in advance and then be torn of a menu choice.
Have you seen the décor for the rooms in GFV? Yuck!
Can I just say if the U.S. ever does allow gay marriages federally and not just in states I will have a recommitment ceremony here.

Great update and pics.
That's awesome, I wish I'd have seen that!

Yes, we left the room before the sun came up pretty much every day that week!

Hahaha yes, those menu decisions can be difficult!

I think that's a great plan!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #253
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love your location choices! They all seem perfect for the two of you.

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Aww reading about your site visit makes me all nostalgic lol Having a DFTW was the best decision we could have made. You picked some wonderful locations!
Awww yay!!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Your plans are looking great Stringbean (and Wingnut)!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I'm all caught up, hooray!! Your banana joke made me laugh out loud, especially at Wingnut's parents' reaction, hahaha.

I really enjoy JetBlue! They have to be my favorite airline. I so wish they flew from Seattle to Orlando directly... buuuut they don't. If we flew them we'd have to do Seattle-New York (or Boston)-Orlando.. It'd end up being like 9 hours and 50 minutes or something wonky like that.

YAY FOR EPCOT! I can't wait to go back there! That will be our first park during our trip since we'll be a 5 minute walk from it. I do adore that park a lot.

Okay, the sticky toffee pudding is making me regret not getting an ADR there. We always do Raglan Road, one of these days we'll have to check out Rose & Crowne!

Your breakfast at Kona is making me so excited!! I am stuck between the Macadamia nut pancakes and the Tonga toast though... I've never had either but they both look so good!

Oh my gosh, those wedding sites look BEAUTIFUL! If I were to get married in Disney World, I would've totally chosen the same thing! How exciting that must have been to start to visualize it all! AHH!

Can't wait to read more!
Hahaha yeah, it's a fun trick!!!

Ugh that's annoying that they don't fly directly! That would be a lot of travel time!

I adore Epcot too...there really isn't much to dislike about it!

We love Raglan Road too, but Rose & Crown is great as well! You should definitely give it a try!

Ooooh they are both GREAT! It really comes down to how much of a sugar overload you want that morning!

Thank you!! It really was exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNJNC View Post
Just came across your trip report! I think I'll vicariously live my wedding again through you! We were married at Sea Breeze Point and it was amazing! Good luck with your planning!
Welcome!!! Thank you!!

Your wedding was so beautiful!! (I just checked out your wedding TR!) I LOVE your bouquet!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #254
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Your wedding plans sound wonderful! I saw a wedding at Sea breeze point once, and it looked so romantic!

I also love the idea of an Illuminations dessert party, you will have some incredible wedding pictures!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #255
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hooray for Hollywood (Studios)!

The four of us headed to the Grand Floridian’s bus stop, where we discovered something we’d never seen at any other bus stop before: Bus Tracking TV Screens!

(Fancy touch, GF!)

We set out with the idea of playing Bus Roulette, the first bus that arrives is the place we are going! Leave our future in the hands of the transportation CM’s! Go where the wind blows!

…except…meh. Let’s let that Animal Kingdom bus go by.

Hollywood Studios? Much better.

When we were at DFTW, we were given vouchers for Annual Passes, and so our first order of business when arriving at DHS was to exchange them for our first real AP’s! We stopped over at the ticket window, and were soon holding our AP’s (mine: Goofy; DF: Pluto, I think). I had also wanted to get a Tables in Wonderland card while we were there, but the line at Guest Services looked pretty long, so we figured we’d stop back there later.

We walked down Hollywood Blvd., all doing the polite “what do YOU want to do?” “I’m fine with whatever YOU want to do” exchange, before it was declared by someone that the Great Movie Ride was right in front of us, so why not?

There was actually a bit of a wait for the GMR (20 minutes-ish), so we were wound around the building in queues I hadn’t been in possibly ever.

But then soon we were in the usual winding movie theater queue room.

And then awaiting our tour through the movies! I noticed that we were queued up pretty close to the front of the room, and began to get hopeful that my parents would get to see the cowboy scene. I wasn’t positive though…

...until we started rolling straight through the gangster scene! Cowboys for us!

YES, I know, it doesn’t make a huge dramatic difference to the plotline, but it is a fun changeup when you usually only get the other scene.

We all know how the rest of the story goes.

"HALT."

"Tarzan??"

“Follow the yellow brick road…”

CONTINUED IN NEXT UPDATE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: