Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #226
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

So whereís this wedding taking place, anyways?

After our breakfast, we hopped onto the now-working monorail to the Grand Floridian, where we received directions to the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings office through the construction walls that were now up. (We didn't actually try going this way, but from looking at maps, it seems like it would have been a somewhat equidistant journey from starting out from the Poly.)

The new Alice in Wonderland Splash area:

I was really surprised to see how big the new GF DVC seems to be, Iíll be very interested to see what it looks like when it is all done.

We were a bit early for our Site Visit appointment, so we meandered around the area.

This was also my first time seeing the Wedding Pavilion in person. It is a beautiful area, and I can definitely see why it is such a popular choice with Disney brides, despite not being able to see the inside of the Pavilion itself.

(This isn't to say that we didn't try though... )

We found these paving stones by the side of the office with all of these couples that had gotten married at Disney.

They seemed to stretch all the way back to the Poly.

Eventually, we decided that we were a bit too cold to keep wandering around outside, so we went into the office and checked in for our appointment.

The inside of the Disney Weddings office really is pretty much everything you would expect it to be, with cakes and flowers and linens and favors everywhere, and Disney love songs playing softly in the background (ďAt Last I See the LightĒ from Tangled is one that comes to mind). We hung out for a little bit looking at everything, and soon were heading out in the Disney Weddingsmobile to check out the sites for our day!

(Iím going to get this out there right now and apologize, because I barely took any photos during our site visit. I know, Iím shocked too.)

The places we visited were:

Sea Breeze Point (Ceremony)

Atlantic Dance Hall (Reception)

and...

Le Terrace de Fleurs (France Upper) (Illuminations Dessert Party!)

We were really excited to visit all of these areas and really start to visualize how the day would come together. I love how you are able to see ADH from SBP, and vice versa. We really wanted our guests to be able to dance and mingle and love that aspect of ADH, with its dance floor, two levels, and balconies overlooking the lake. And we especially canít wait for our dessert party that evening, itíll be such a fun way to end the festivities. (And yes, that will GUARANTEE we will see Illuminations on that trip!!! )

We were all thrilled with the locations, and it got us even more excited for the rest of the planning to come the next day. We were dropped back off at the DFTW offices, and then discussed our plans for the rest of the day. We were all planning to have dinner together that night at Sanaa, but what park to visit before then?

Time for a round of Bus Roulette!!

(P.S. I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful and safe and happy holiday!!!! )
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #227
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! At first I thought you were visiting the GF to possibly get married there, and I thought "no way, they have to have an Epcot or Epcot resort wedding"! Ahhh seeing this update makes me wish SO much that we had a Disney wedding! But at least we had a Disneymoon!

I think all of your choices are wonderful, it sounds like your wedding will be amazing!

Happy Holidays!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #229
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

How excited to see your ceremony, reception, and dessert party locations!! Is Sea Breeze Point the site at the far end of Boardwalk before you get to the bridge to Epcot?? It all looks so lovely!!

This all makes me want to drag my man back down the aisle and make him declare that he still loves me after all these years with a vow renewal!

Wishing you and Wingnut (ok, not Joe apparently!), planty, and Hoot a wonderful Holiday as well!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #230
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Your wedding is going to be SO magical! I knew you'd choose an Epcot location, and the dessert party is a great idea! It's fun living vicariously through you guys as you plan!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #231
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am so impressed with how your plans are already coming together! It is going to be amazing!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #232
MEK
DIS Veteran

Did you know I actually went in the wedding pavilion once? Yup. True story. Several years ago I was on a girls' trip and we were pool hopping at the GF. So we decided to walk down the beach towards the chapel. A force just pulled me in and I kept getting closer and closer until I was at the door. I pulled on the handle and *bam* it opened. Queue the hallelujah chorus. It was gorgeous. O.M.G.

Your venues for your service, reception, and dessert party are wonderful choices. What is the date again? (you know - in case I happen to be there at the same time and become an accidental lurker....). Cynthia and I saw a lovely reception set up near the cottages and the quiet pool at the BWV. We didn't stay around to see the guests come in, but the area looked beautiful and we got a sneak peek of the bride out near the boardwalk.

So there's a wedding mobile?

Fun update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #233
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!!!! Yall's wedding is going to be AMAZING. You are so lucky you have a chance to get married at Disney World... and a fiance that's willing to do so!

Your own private IlluminNations dessert party? Oh my Heaven.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #234
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

All of those locations look wonderful!!!!

So excited for you!!!!
A Disney Wedding :D

Illuminations Dessert?!? um, AWESOME!!!!! Perfect way to end the night, AND make sure you see illuminations!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #235
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

What great choices for your wedding venues!!! We saw a wedding taking place at the SBP one visit. It was so pretty!

I remember MEK's stealth visit to the wedding pavilion! She got some great pictures!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #236
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I want to try to get over to GF to see the new pool area on the March trip.

So fun to be making Disney wedding plans! Thanks for letting us in on the behind-the-scenes preparation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Did you know I actually went in the wedding pavilion once? Yup. True story. Several years ago I was on a girls' trip and we were pool hopping at the GF. So we decided to walk down the beach towards the chapel. A force just pulled me in and I kept getting closer and closer until I was at the door. I pulled on the handle and *bam* it opened. Queue the hallelujah chorus. It was gorgeous. O.M.G.
Oooooooh, how fun!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #237
jash08
Mouseketeer

Great Location!

Not that I am biased, or anything, but Sea Breeze is the best spot! I can still remember standing there with my husband on a beautiful sunny day, with Disney blue skies (you know Exactly what I mean), a nice breeze and our family. Some of our best pictures have all of the Boardwalk buildings as a background. So excited for you! We go back every year and take a picture there together.

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #238
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

WOW! Your wedding looks like its going to be amazing! I shouldn't be even remotely surprised that you chose a Boardwalk area/EPCOT location. I think you made great choices and I can't imagine any better way to end a wedding than with Illuminations!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #239
amazingact21
Upendi

Love all your wedding location choices! Sea Breeze Point looks like a gorgeous place to have your wedding ceremony. And I've always thought the IllumiNations Dessert Parties are a great addition to a Disney Wedding. (It was number 1 on my must-have list back when I toyed with a Disney Wedding.)
And, it looks like day 1 of wedding plans ran smoothly! Always a plus.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #240
burly
DIS Veteran

Excellant choices, i wonder which one you will go with. Not a loser in the bunch, good luck. And Illuminations to cap off the night. Perfect for you two!!!
burly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: