Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #211
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

One of his cousins lives at my house.
By himself, he's very quiet. No need to screech, 'Mine, mine, mine!' all the time, since they're all his.

Quote:

Yum! I may need to make some of these over Christmas break.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #212
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

How nice of the front desk staff to send a little package! That's really sweet.

You are not the only one who decides what to eat at Disney restaurants weeks ahead of time...
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #213
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

How sweet of the front desk at the Swan to do that! Love it! I love those seagulls too lol I have a t-shirt with them on it

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #214
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how cute that seagull is... I've never seen that...

You and Wingnut are Dis Transportation die hards... I had a Kona breakfast on our MK morning and I just broke down and took the cab as well... DH would have done the bus but I was really tired that morning and just really needed an extra 1/2 hour of sleep...

I got the Macadamia pancakes also- Weren't they good? I love that butter... there have to be other uses for that butter...

I'm sorry your parents didn't like the pressed pot... I have to say I really did like it but then again I'm a big fan of really strong coffee... bitter though not so much...

Going to the GF for wedding planning... too cool...

PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #215
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I am going to have try your towel animal bait trick on our upcoming trip. We're staying at Coronado, the only resort I've stayed at where we got nary a towel animal. (Seriously!)

I would have gotten off at the TTC, too. Its a super short walk and its just lovely. I really did like the Poly and with refurbed rooms... could be sweet! But I doubt I'll ever convince my husband to stay there again.

Yummy breakfast. Your parents chose well; the Samoan is my favorite!

What a sweet gesture from the Swan. I've always wanted to try out the Swolphin, with its ACE location and all, and they do offer special teacher rates, it just seems like they never offer them when I want to go there. I'm sure someday it will be a less expensive option and we'll stay there. Its very pretty...and again...gotta love the location!

Bring on the wedding locales!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #216
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

We've had lunch and dinner at the Kona but not breakfast. Everything looks really good!

How sweet of the Swan to send a give! Too cute!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #217
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Here's your missing little "yay" guy!

There's always a good transportation adventure, isn't there?
What a nice gesture from the Swan/Dolphin! Especially since your parents were the ones staying there!

Kona breakfast - our first time there for breakfast was our recent trip and I can say you are NOT the only one debating between Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut pancakes! I will be going back to try the "other" one next time!
I tried the press pot too. I put a LOT of cream and sugar in it!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #218
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

We've always had a rental when we've been in WDW so I have no refrence for bus travel lol
Boo to monorail not working!!!!

Haha! you can accumulate buttons in a snap!!!

YAY for wedding planning!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #219
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Aww what a cute gesture by the Swan CMs!

Eeee can't wait for wedding planning! I'm guessing your reception and/or ceremony will be something Epcot related.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #220
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Super nice of the hotel staff and uber impressed by your Poly navigation skills!

Soooo excited to start wedding planning!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #221
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there Sara! I'm finally getting caught up. Sounds like you amassed quite a collection of celebration pins - even if one set was for an anniversary at least they were very thoughtful. (I love the mystere surrounding Wingnuts "real" name... I'm going to dub him "Joe" for now! )

Your breakfast choice at Kona makes us kindred spirits since I fully endorse macadamia nut pancakes! I won't judge anyone who can't decide between tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes - I live that dilemma every trip! (Although the pancakes win out every time for me.)

How awesome that the Swan was so thoughtful with the gift!! More pins!! And a cool pen.

What a crack up you are with the towel animals - so creative and clever! You are so good that you make that towel for the nose look exactly like money!!!

I am excited to hear all about the wedding planning.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #222
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I had the same Tonga Toast vs Macadamia Nut pancakes debate for quite awhile!!

Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #223
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Ooooo <claps hands> I can't wait to see the wedding planning stuff !!!
Coming up soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I always love your little towel creations. They are too cute!

Aw, I love that the front desk gave yall the cute little card! (AND PEN.) That's Disney for ya! Or should I say, that's on Disney property but not officially Disney but still Disney anyway for ya!
Hahaha thanks!

LOL yes - it was very "not quite Disney but still Disney" of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You are definitely now the only person to stress over the macadamia pancakes versus the Tonga Toast. Both are SO good.

Love your new navigational skills.

How sweet of the Swan to send you that cute little greeting. You guys really ended up with a lot of pins.

That picture of the lobby was so pretty.
Hahaha it is a very difficult decision!!!

We did!!! Everyone was so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Lol! Best laid transportation plans....... I know for me it always seems like If I plan our transportation perfect THAT is when it won't go that way.

I think the gift from the front desk is super cool... Had a hard time reading the note though. I kept reading the word "the" as "me" :rolleyea:

Breakfast looks super yummy! Can't you believe I have never ate at Kona for breakfast
Yep...that is always the same way here too!

I thought so too! Hahaha I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, it does look similar.

WHAT???? You need to go, right now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
One of his cousins lives at my house.
By himself, he's very quiet. No need to screech, 'Mine, mine, mine!' all the time, since they're all his.

Yum! I may need to make some of these over Christmas break.
Awww yeah ours is pretty quiet too!!! Although the louder ones do make me laugh!

Oooh that's an excellent idea!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #224
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
How nice of the front desk staff to send a little package! That's really sweet.

You are not the only one who decides what to eat at Disney restaurants weeks ahead of time...
It was so sweet, especially since we weren't the ones staying there!

Hahaha I had a feeling it wasn't just me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
How sweet of the front desk at the Swan to do that! Love it! I love those seagulls too lol I have a t-shirt with them on it
It was!! I've seen that shirt and been tempted every time, it's really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I can't believe how cute that seagull is... I've never seen that...

You and Wingnut are Dis Transportation die hards... I had a Kona breakfast on our MK morning and I just broke down and took the cab as well... DH would have done the bus but I was really tired that morning and just really needed an extra 1/2 hour of sleep...

I got the Macadamia pancakes also- Weren't they good? I love that butter... there have to be other uses for that butter...

I'm sorry your parents didn't like the pressed pot... I have to say I really did like it but then again I'm a big fan of really strong coffee... bitter though not so much...

Going to the GF for wedding planning... too cool...

Isn't he so cute??? They were in a little basket with some other stuffed animals in the Seas gift shop!

Hahaha we use cabs as well, don't worry! We used them a few times on this trip, actually!

That butter is amazing, I would come up with excuses to put it on anything!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I am going to have try your towel animal bait trick on our upcoming trip. We're staying at Coronado, the only resort I've stayed at where we got nary a towel animal. (Seriously!)

I would have gotten off at the TTC, too. Its a super short walk and its just lovely. I really did like the Poly and with refurbed rooms... could be sweet! But I doubt I'll ever convince my husband to stay there again.

Yummy breakfast. Your parents chose well; the Samoan is my favorite!

What a sweet gesture from the Swan. I've always wanted to try out the Swolphin, with its ACE location and all, and they do offer special teacher rates, it just seems like they never offer them when I want to go there. I'm sure someday it will be a less expensive option and we'll stay there. Its very pretty...and again...gotta love the location!

Bring on the wedding locales!
I have to say, the towel animal bait really does not have that high a success rate for me. It is a VERY rare day at Disney when we actually get a towel animal!

Hahaha I liked aspects of the resort, and I LOVE visiting there, but I don't think I'd stay there again either! Too far from Epcot and DHS!

It was really sweet of them!! We've stayed there a few times, it really is a nice resort. And the location is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
We've had lunch and dinner at the Kona but not breakfast. Everything looks really good!

How sweet of the Swan to send a give! Too cute!
Oooh you HAVE to try Kona for breakfast! It's great!

It was!!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #225
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Here's your missing little "yay" guy!

There's always a good transportation adventure, isn't there?
What a nice gesture from the Swan/Dolphin! Especially since your parents were the ones staying there!

Kona breakfast - our first time there for breakfast was our recent trip and I can say you are NOT the only one debating between Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut pancakes! I will be going back to try the "other" one next time!
I tried the press pot too. I put a LOT of cream and sugar in it!!
Yay!!! Thanks!!

Hahahaha yes, there always is!!! Yes, it was so nice of them!!!

Both are SO good, it's difficult to decide!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
We've always had a rental when we've been in WDW so I have no refrence for bus travel lol
Boo to monorail not working!!!!

Haha! you can accumulate buttons in a snap!!!

YAY for wedding planning!!!!
At least the monorail was only down for a little bit, thankfully!

Hahaha I never thought we'd get so many!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Aww what a cute gesture by the Swan CMs!

Eeee can't wait for wedding planning! I'm guessing your reception and/or ceremony will be something Epcot related.
It was so sweet of them!!!

Hahaha details to come soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Super nice of the hotel staff and uber impressed by your Poly navigation skills!

Soooo excited to start wedding planning!!
Hahaha thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there Sara! I'm finally getting caught up. Sounds like you amassed quite a collection of celebration pins - even if one set was for an anniversary at least they were very thoughtful. (I love the mystere surrounding Wingnuts "real" name... I'm going to dub him "Joe" for now! )

Your breakfast choice at Kona makes us kindred spirits since I fully endorse macadamia nut pancakes! I won't judge anyone who can't decide between tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes - I live that dilemma every trip! (Although the pancakes win out every time for me.)

How awesome that the Swan was so thoughtful with the gift!! More pins!! And a cool pen.

What a crack up you are with the towel animals - so creative and clever! You are so good that you make that towel for the nose look exactly like money!!!

I am excited to hear all about the wedding planning.
Everyone was so sweet to us, it was so nice!!

Hahahaha you are too funny!!! I will say, his name is not Joe!

It is a very difficult decision!!! It was a last-second choice for me in the end!

It was so nice of them!!! (And I actually used the pen yesterday to make a grocery list! )

LOL yes, my towel animal skills are THAT good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I had the same Tonga Toast vs Macadamia Nut pancakes debate for quite awhile!!

Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans!
Hahaha they're both so good!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: