Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
boardwalklover
Earning My Ears

Question regarding Pink Champagne on the Dream

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to reading the boards and this is also my first post.

I'm looking to get a bottle of the pink champagne that is available on the Dream, and unfortunately I do not have a trip planned anytime in the near future. I regret not getting a bottle of this while I was on my cruise last year.

Does anyone know how or where I can get a hold of one of these? I am wanting to give it as a gift.

Thanks in advance.
boardwalklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardwalklover View Post
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to reading the boards and this is also my first post.

I'm looking to get a bottle of the pink champagne that is available on the Dream, and unfortunately I do not have a trip planned anytime in the near future. I regret not getting a bottle of this while I was on my cruise last year.

Does anyone know how or where I can get a hold of one of these? I am wanting to give it as a gift.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the cruise board!!! The only way that I can see for you to get a bottle is to post the question to some on some of the future cruise meet threads. Possibly someone would be willing to pick up a bottle for you but here are a few limitations that I can see..... it is a 2 way trust agreement. They will trust that you pay them if they are able to bring it home and you trusting that they will get it. There have been issues in the past when one person picks something up and gets it home and the other person decides they don't want it....happened to me once.

A photo album or non fragile item is one thing but for a bottle champagne that is breakable and heavy (and it would have to packed in checked luggage) you may not get any takers. But, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Have you checked to see if it is perhaps offered at WDW at all or anywhere else not onboard?

Good luck.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

I share your regret. It is an exclusive to DCL and you can't get it anywhere but the ships.
I say it's a good reason to plan another cruise! I'll be sure and pick up a bottle next trip.

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Here is the link to the Cruise Meets page. There is a thread at the top of that forum that lists all the upcoming dates for each ship so you can post on a few threads if you want.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
boardwalklover
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the cruise meet forum to see if I can make an arrangement with someone.

I'm going to Disney World in a few months. It's a shame they only sell it on the ship.
boardwalklover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: