Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #76
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Remember - DCL is a magical place, you don't want to take away from that. Vacationing with family is challenging even if you do get along. If you don't, you're setting yourself up for a whole lot of ugly and unhappiness. And no, you can't invite people to a trip they'd never go on by themselves in your honor.....and then ditch them. That's a trajectory your family will not recover from easily.

If you all go on the cruise, prepare to spend every moment with them and any time you have off should be considered profit.

And.....if you can pay for your own DCL cruise- either stop taking their money for books or get them a nice $600 gift each semester.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #77
SamandWill1921
Mouseketeer

I appreciate all of the opinions. However I did not post this thread for my actions to be justified. My thought was 'this is a subject weighing on the mind of my husband. Of all the people on the boards, SOMEONE has to have been in my shoes at one point or another. Maybe they can help me figure out a solution and ease my husband's mind'.
And yes, the supporitve comments and the flames have all given me something to think about.

Yes, my husband will graduate about a year before we take this cruise. our financial situation will be much better when both of us are working. We LOVE to travel so we drive 10 year old cars, live rather simply and shop at Sam's Club so that we can save every penny possible to go on vacations like DCL.

Belated Honeymoon at Disneyland October 2011
Disney Wonder California Coast Sept 2012
Disneyland Sept 2012
Disneyland Sept 2013 with Sam's DF, DSM, and DB's 11, 8, and 5
SamandWill1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: