DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Adding people for one night

has anyone ever added people for just one night of there reservations? Can it be done? Is it a complicated process? How would I go about doing this??

Ok so my parents are going to stay with us one night in the middle of our reservation so that they dont have to pay for a hotel room and we get a night of freedom to ride some rides. We will be in a 1 bedroom at BWV and it will not put us over the occupancy limit because it would still be 4 adults and 1 child uder 3 so we will be under. They will also have a car which has me worried because so do we so I would think we need an extra parking pass for the resort. (We are trying to help them out because it was unexpected that they were staying an extra night, they are actually staying that extra night so they can bring college kids from their church home.)

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

If you aren't purchasing the Dining Plan and will not be over the occupancy limit, just list them as guests. Disney doesn't track the amount of time each listed guest is present.

However, if you are buying the dining plan, you have a problem. Disney insists that the DDP be purchased for all room occupants and every night of the trip. No way around that.

Look into TIW as an alternative.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

Are you doing a dining plan? If not, add them to the reservation now and you don't have to worry about.

The resort will give you an additional parking pass if you ask.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

We aren't doing the Dining plan. So I add them for the whole week? And just ask for a second parking pass?

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
We aren't doing the Dining plan. So I add them for the whole week? And just ask for a second parking pass?
Easiest way to do it. And Disney doesn't question it as long as you are under the occupancy limit. Multiple cars isn't usual either.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

You can also request non-charging room keys for them, if you do not want them to charge on any credit card that you may be placing on the room keys. Nice to have some babysitting relief while vacation!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Just send a request via the member website contact form to add them to the reservation. MS will make the changes and email you a confirmation. You can then verify the changes by looking up the reservation on the member website.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Our son was able to join us for our F&W vacation for three nights in the middle of our stay. I had already added him to the reservation because we thought originally that he would be able to join us, then he couldn't, but ultimately was able to. He drove and a friend came with him so he wouldn't have to make the 10 hour trip alone. We added her to the room when they arrived so she would have a KTTW and we got an extra parking permit for the car. It was easy to do and not a problem.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
You can also request non-charging room keys for them, if you do not want them to charge on any credit card that you may be placing on the room keys. Nice to have some babysitting relief while vacation!
IF you do online check in, I believe their keys will be charging unless you change it at check in.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
gojoe
DIS Veteran

My daughter and my grandchildren live in the Orlando area. Our last stay I just went to the desk and got them keys. We had a 2 bedroom and we were not over our limit. They weren't staying the whole time but this way they could come and go as needed. I also asked for an additional parking pass.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
My daughter and my grandchildren live in the Orlando area. Our last stay I just went to the desk and got them keys. We had a 2 bedroom and we were not over our limit. They weren't staying the whole time but this way they could come and go as needed. I also asked for an additional parking pass.
We've had this situation several times since my son lives in the area as well and generally doesn't know if he can get off work to visit until last minute. We've added him several times when he was able to come unexpectedly or decided to stay overnight when we expected he wouldn't. This is true even when we've had the dining plan.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
Figment2
DIS Veteran

I travel with a large party with all of us have separate rooms. We were able to get "day passes" (including a parking pass for friends staying in OKW). Their room keys are good for the length of your stay. This way we all had access to each others rooms (which came in handy when I left my jacket behind).

Works well.

Cyn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: