Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Bellamiko
Earning My Ears

Help!! 14 yr old boys and only 3 days!

Any advice on which parks we should hit for our 3 days in Orlando on December 12,13 and 22nd? The boys are big thrill riders and want to pack as much in as possible but I am having a tough time making decisions....they all look fabulous!

1. We have done Disneyland so do we still do WDW?
2. Do we try fit universal and IOA on same day with express passes? These two parks are must do's for us!
3. Other parks to consider?

We r thinking of staying off site as a cost savings but will we regret not having the internal transportation?
Bellamiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Disneyland and WDW are two completely different things. I would probably skip Magic Kingdom and go for a park you haven't seen yet (Epcot or Animal Kingdom). Although the ages of your boys, they would probably enjoy Hollywood Studios the most - RNR and Tower of Terror. But with that age, I would also say they would enjoy Universal Studios as well - teenagers tend to appreciate the thrill rides more than the Disney magic (unless they've grown up experiencing it).

I can't help you with transportation - we stay onsite, but we always drive to each park so we don't have to rely on the buses.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

If the boys are big thrill riders, I would suggest you consider Universal, Busch Gardens and possibly Sea World.

If you have Express Pass, you could hit the highlights at both Universal parks in one day, especially if you did that on your early dates, when Universal will be pretty empty. But there is certainly enough there to more than fill two days.

Busch Gardens is in Tampa, not Orlando, so it might not be feasible for you. But it is, in my opinion, the best coaster park in the area. Sea World also has a few really good coasters and thrill rides.

Disney tickets for one or two days are so expensive that it's hard for me to recommend it for just a day or two...especially when you mention that the kids are into thrill rides.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: