Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #46
Spurr002
Earning My Ears

Walgreens generic brands of Bonine/Dramamine is called Waldram, it lasts longer than others and seems to be just as effective. Also ginger root tablets help to fight of motionsickness, just like ginger ale.
Spurr002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #47
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbootbunny
I never get Seasick, or so I thought. But the EC7N of Sept 9 2012 did me in (Hurricane Leslie).
When asked the crew told me the seas were currently between 30-40 ft. and that the roll would improve when the Fantasy had finished the turn it was making and was no longer broadside to the trough. I saw several crewmembers a decided shade of green, and more than a few addmitted to needing to take something on that cruise.

I tried Seabands and the bands worked great for me and my daughter. During the storm I started going "green" but minutes after I put them on, I was fine and once the worst of the storm was passed we seemed fine with them off, they really worked for us. But then, This is the first time I have ever been seasick and I have been sailing and around boats/ferries ect, for most of my life
Thanks for sharing this. I've never tried Seaband before. I'm going to for our upcoming cruise. Good to know it worked for you.

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

My kids and I have only been on three boats EVER...a glass bottom one for about an hour, a ferry over very choppy water for about 30 mins, and a yacht for a party. None of us felt ill, but is that really a good enough indicator of future seasickness potential?
Also FWIW, when I was pregnant with my DS, I had such bad morning sickness that I could not eat at all...and I mean nothing! I couldn't tolerate water or even my own saliva! Nothing worked: OTC or RX meds, teas, or bands. The only thing that was close to helpful was a lozenge called B-Natal. It's all natural and tastes good. You have to request them from the pharmacist since they are not always stocked but they are amazing!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
NCConch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monual View Post
Once I knew it was all in my head, I could get control over it. The difference between that cruise and my Catalina experience was really like night and day. Once you know how your body is responding and why, you can control it more easily than you might expect.
A bunch of buddies and I all went out to do some off-shore fishing and we all took Dramamine before we left and we did fine - for the most part. A storm came up and we headed in. Things got choppy and we sat it out in the cabin. I jokingly told one of my buddies that Dramamine only lasts for so many hours and should be wearing off. You could see his face turning green like in cartoons. He spent the rest of the trip in out on the deck getting blasted by the crashing waves.

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #50
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

I used to use the patches as a kid for air sickness. Only got a little sick one night during a storm on the last cruise, but wasn't using anything. Going to stick with the patches for the next cruise.
NurseDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #51
Maple17
Mouseketeer

Is Bonine available in Canada? Is it the same thing as Gravol?
Maple17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #52
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple17 View Post
Is Bonine available in Canada? Is it the same thing as Gravol?

Gravol contains Dimenhydrinate, it's the same ingredients as in Dramamine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimenhydrinate

Bonine contains Meclizine.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 01-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: