Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Hey there! We have stayed at both POR and POP. At POP we paid for a preferred room (only a few dollars more a day) and our location was great in terms of the bus and food court. Also great for the main pool because we were right there, ground floor, by the main pool. With little ones at the time the pool noise was a little annoying as we tried to get them to bed, but if you are planning to be late at the parks that won't matter anyway. I didn't care for the food court, much preferred POR. If I were choosing POR or POP for a family, I would choose POR. For a solo trip- it would depend on my plan. If my plan was to always be at a park and touring, then POP. If I was wanting a bit of quiet time and maybe to soak up some sun around a quiet pool and enjoy the tranquility of the grounds, POR for sure. Ironically I am planning to rent points for DH and I for an adult trip to rent a studio at Boardwalk Villas, I think that would be perfect and will cost the same as POR for my travel time.

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
BayouBelle77
Earning My Ears

My last three trips have been solo trips and I have stayed at the Pop Century each time. IMO, the negatives are that it's less atmospheric than some of the moderate and deluxe resorts, and that the rooms are on the small side. However, when I go to Disney, I don't spend any time in the hotel room other than to sleep and get ready in the morning, so it doesn't make sense to spend the extra $ on a moderate or deluxe. Some people have complained about kid noise (especially from the pool area) but I have never had a bad experience with noisy kids at the resort.

The best thing about the Pop has been the reliable bus service. Unlike the All-Stars, which share a bus, the Pop has its own bus and I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus. I have always gotten lucky and been placed in a room close to the front of the hotel, and thus close to the bus stop, so it only took me about 5 minutes to walk from my room to the bus stop. Which is especially nice when you're coming back at night and you're really tired.

WDW Pop Century (November 2011)
WDW Pop Century (March 2011)
WDW Pop Century (February 2009)
WDW Coronado Springs (February 2008)
WDW All Star Music (December 2002)
WDW off property (May 1993)
WDW off property (September 1990)
WDW off property (September 1987)
BayouBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #33
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

The people who work at POR make your stay pleasant. There are no issues at POR, only solutions.

Pleasant staff, great store, great food court, super-clean everywhere - who could ask for more? POR is the best!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #34
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Hated POP. The beds were terrible- whole family had backaches every morning. We could hear the people in the next room-their conversation!!!! Kids kids and kids and we must of hit it bad because the bus service was the worst we ever had. Paid for perferred room but were so far away I think some of the standard rooms were closer.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #35
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

If I were the OP, I would go with POR, since they have stayed in the past and liked it. POFQ would be a nice choice, too.

Or do what someone else suggested and try AoA. I'm a deluxe girl at heart but am trying a LM room at AoA for my solo December trip. We were just at WL for 10 days in May- I couldn't fork out more money,lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: