Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #16
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

Okay, well we honeymooned in Disney in September of 1990! (and yes, we're still going to Disney World every chance we get!)

I get so jealous of what is available now that wasn't then!! I wish they had the bride and groom Mouse Ears..we totally would have worn those! They have all kinds of bride and groom Mickey and Minnie's now... the only 'couple'ish souvenir I found back then was a figurine of Minnie looking lovingly at her Mickey. I actually bought it at Pleasure Island, on one of the nights we did the New Year's Eve "every day"...really wish they still offered the clubs and that party!

We celebrated our 20th anniversary on a Food and Wine trip, just the two of us. We now have 4 kids, so this was a big deal...since we also attended our first MVMCP that year, I bought a figurine of Mickey and Minnie in their Victorian Christmas outfits. It now sits next to the one I bought on our honeymoon.

I guess what I'm thinking is that in 1990 they weren't 'celebrating' everything. We didn't even need ADR's to eat in Cinderellas's Castle! But I remember so many magical moments of that trip, and so many since then. Just being able to spend your honeymoon in Disney World is priceless.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
mickeys4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlenemo
We wore ears and badges and the only place we got anything more than a congrats was ohana.

We got 3 cupcakes.
Same for us!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mickeys4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

I was there earlier this year on my honeymoon. I was asked when I made the ADRs if we were celebrating anything special, I would say yes, we're on our honeymoon, but none of the restaurants did anything special. I kind of wondered why they even bothered to ask.
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
TXHauntedMansionFan
Tomb Sweet Tomb

We honeymooned at the world in 2008 and we got a few "freebies". We were had a heart made of confetti for us at Liberty Tree Tavern and received special desserts with some sort of commemorative writing on the plate at Boma, Coral Reef and O'hana I believe.

We also were chosen by the dream squad for a special viewing of Wishes because of our buttons. They took us up to the Astro Orbiter exit above Tomorrowland and blocked off the line so that we (and a couple other groups could watch). We were also given free counter desserts and free dole whips during the trip from CMs.
TXHauntedMansionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #20
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer

We wore the honeymoon pins all day and wore the bridal ears every evening. We got a personalized menu at Coral Reef and at Narcoosees and we had Mickey confetti at California Grill. No free food, but we were on the dining plan, which back then included appetizer and dessert. We got lots of congratulations from CMs, which is what we were hoping for, so we were very pleased!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
Just being able to spend your honeymoon in Disney World is priceless.

Thank you. We went to Disney World on our honeymoon back in 1982. We got nothing that was not included in the package (which my in-laws paid for as our present). We didn't expect anything. We have been back numerous times (we are approaching 60 times), including our 20th and 30th anniversaries (all spent with multiple family members). I don't care if I get a free cupcake, my focus is on my husband and now my family.

Sorry to the OP but quite honestly, thinking Disney is going to bend over backwards because you are on your honeymoon is quirky thinking in my mind. Why not just enjoy your new life?
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieinJuneau View Post
In most of the stories I have heard of people getting exra it was people with ADR's who had a note made when they made the ADR. That is what I plan to do for my Disneymoon next Oct. But even if I don't get any "extra" I will just be happy to be thier with my new DH
Update we noted everywhere and had 2 special things happen so far.First Cp breakfast on Friday we had the heart on the table with little Mickey confetti and then a cupcake with a candle. Then at Cl Yc room we had choclate covered strawberries with a card saying Happy Hooneymoon.Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.Matter of fact at Chefs De France the girl was rude.At Hollywood studios American Idol the host went out of his way to announce our Hooneymoon and ask questions on the mic.We still have 2 more resorts to visit.
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
lovemickeyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeyshouse View Post
...Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.....
Why would failing to get lots of attention that it was your honeymoon negate the tip? Was the food bad? Did you tell them about it? I see where you thought the CM at Chefs de France was rude. What happened?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #24
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

It is completely up to the CM wether they want to do something special for any guest. You also have to understand there are literally thousands of honeymooning couples at WDW at the Same time.

Other than the special treatment at coral reef and Narcossee in over 20 trips including honeymoon, birthdays and anniversaries that has been the extent of special treatment and while sometimes discouraging when you read other couples getting this or that I understand its something special and cannot be expected. Everyone there is celebrating something and Disney would go broke doing something for everyone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
HMfan82
Earning My Ears

We celebrated birthdays and our honeymoon at Disney but never got anything special . It didn't really bother us at all because at the end of the day we were having fun.

We usually got congrats from a lot of CMs on the honeymoon and most our birthdays but it was kinda odd that this past birthday of mine I actually had more guests in the park shouting out happy birthday to me than CMs.

SSR - 8/2010, Off-site - 2/2011, CBR - 2/2012, POP - 9/2012, POR - 11/2012, AKL - 1/2013
HMfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We honeymooned at Disney in 2002. We wore our Just Married pins. We absolutely got something special - dinner as husband and wife in an amazing place that we love. That's all we needed. The lack of a free cupcake, or strawberries or confetti did nothing to make us less excited about the fact that we were starting our lives together.

We never expected anything either.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

We ate every meal at Disney on our honeymoon and didn't receive anything extra. I wasn't expecting it either since hundreds of couples honeymoon there each year they couldn't possibly cater to each and every one of them.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #28
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeyshouse View Post
Update we noted everywhere and had 2 special things happen so far.First Cp breakfast on Friday we had the heart on the table with little Mickey confetti and then a cupcake with a candle. Then at Cl Yc room we had choclate covered strawberries with a card saying Happy Hooneymoon.Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.Matter of fact at Chefs De France the girl was rude.At Hollywood studios American Idol the host went out of his way to announce our Hooneymoon and ask questions on the mic.We still have 2 more resorts to visit.
I'm sorry that you're having a disappointing trip, but if someone told you that you'd be getting extra stuff at every meal, and special attention everywhere you went, they gave you really bad information. It just doesn't work that way, even if you noted it on your reservations.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #29
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

We were just married at the Grand Floridian and went to Ohana that night in my wedding gown and DH in his suit. They gave us a special dessert with a large chocolate Mickey that said Congratulations. It was very nice. But there are tons of honeymooning couples at Disney. If you go expecting to get something, then you are going to be disappointed.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER

Thanks for all your replies .In the end I think we had high expectations but yesterday at lunch the Cm said I wanna give you a free dessert.We are now back home and had lots of fun including on Monday night at the Xmas party when we went to get pics with characters Daisy and Minnie who made a really big deal out of us and decided to play alittle game which was one of the most amazing things I seen at the World.11 visits since 2005 as an adult and yes I will be going back for many more.In closing for all future hooneymooners don't expect things and you will have a blast.Happy Holidays everyone.
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
lovemickeyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: