Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #121
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
For some reason I am really not liking Padma this season. She seems to be coming off as really unlikeable. I was so glad Josie went home, I was afraid they were going to let her slide again.

She is coming off a particularly witchy this season. I heard somewhere that she said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "The entire Top Chef show goes through my stomach." since she does all the Quick Fires and all the Elimination Challenges.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Was anyone else surprised at how nasty the guest chefs along with Padma were really this week. They were rude and obnoxious. Stefan is an egotistical jerk, just my opinion, but Padma was rude. I get being annoyed by those that didn't make "fried chicken" but they were all so pompous.
I agree Padma is an obnoxious b**tch. I'm really really disliking her. Padma really dislikes Stephan. Whats wrong he doesn't kiss her butt enough?
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #122
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I still love Stephan, even with his ego.

Padma's ego needs to be checked. I agree that she is very cold and almost mean spirited when she cracks on the contestants. ALSO...Has she forgotten how to put on a bra?
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #123
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

So funny I wrote a comment on Tom C's blog criticizing Padma saying she is really B**chy this season and how it seems like she thinks she controls Top Chef and she has it out for Stephan. Well they refused to post it. I guess they think every one loves Padma and hands off.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #124
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Stefan going home.

I thought for sure, as soon as Sheldon said he was uninspired by the meats he choose, that he was done for.

LCK was fun to watch. You could tell Stefan and Kristin were enjoying cooking against the other. Did not come across as cut throat. They like and respect one another and just cooked the food, as they joked with each other.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #125
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Stefan going home.

I thought for sure, as soon as Sheldon said he was uninspired by the meats he choose, that he was done for.

LCK was fun to watch. You could tell Stefan and Kristin were enjoying cooking against the other. Did not come across as cut throat. They like and respect one another and just cooked the food, as they joked with each other.
I love them both! I wasn't sure which one was going to win. I thought that Stefan would have stuck around longer if he had cooked like that during the regular season *sigh*. They seemed to have fun, but I think that Kristen was a little uncomfortable with the full on the mouth kisses that Stefan was giving her!

I knew it was going to Stefan when Tom almost lost a tooth on his dish.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #126
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it would have been earlier in the season and Sheldon had not already won so many challenges and/or if Stefan had actually been better this season, I think Sheldon would have gone. I think given the whole picture of the season and who should be in the final 4, they made the right call.

As far as Padma's ego, I agree. I always really liked her a lot, but a couple of years ago, a few months after she had her daughter, I had read a pretty in-depth interview with her and I thought she was so self-absorbed and pompous. Really changed my opinion of her and I haven't liked her that much since. If I recall, in the photos of her home, you could see her computer screen, and she had a photo of herself as the screen saver. Sheesh.

Josh -- I don't want him to win, and, fortunately, I don't think he will. There is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way, but I can't put my finger on it.

Lizzie -- I like her and she's good, but her accent is so odd that it drives me nuts.

Sheldon -- I like him a lot but I feel he's young and hasn't "paid his dues" yet. Gotta love that he worked at WDW, though.

Brooke -- She's got my vote!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #127
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Josh -- I don't want him to win, and, fortunately, I don't think he will. There is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way, but I can't put my finger on it.
My DD and I were watching last night when he mentioned his wife and soon to be born baby. She said "He's married?!?" and I said "Yes, why?" She said: "That mustache!"

ETA: I don't get the Brooke love. She's so ... boring.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #128
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

I think Stefan had it coming. His showing in the last couple of episodes has been pretty poor. I like him, personally, but his cooking has not been up to par.

Josh totally rubs me the wrong way. He is so irritating and pompous.

Brooke is very uninspiring. Nothing creative, really, she just doesn't wow me.

I really like Lizzie, but I think she will crack under the pressure.

I guess I'm rooting for Sheldon now. He, at least, has a different perspective making Filipino food. It's definitely not mainstream.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a really bad idea for the chefs to try to correct a past mistake by making it again, like Sheldon's tempura. I think unless it is absolutely perfect, and you knock their socks off, you are really setting yourself up for a lot of criticism.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #129
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
My DD and I were watching last night when he mentioned his wife and soon to be born baby. She said "He's married?!?" and I said "Yes, why?" She said: "That mustache!"
Ha ha -- no doubt!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #130
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
I think Stefan had it coming. His showing in the last couple of episodes has been pretty poor. I like him, personally, but his cooking has not been up to par.

Josh totally rubs me the wrong way. He is so irritating and pompous.

Brooke is very uninspiring. Nothing creative, really, she just doesn't wow me.

I really like Lizzie, but I think she will crack under the pressure.

I guess I'm rooting for Sheldon now. He, at least, has a different perspective making Filipino food. It's definitely not mainstream.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a really bad idea for the chefs to try to correct a past mistake by making it again, like Sheldon's tempura. I think unless it is absolutely perfect, and you knock their socks off, you are really setting yourself up for a lot of criticism.
From watching LCK, I am really starting to think Kristen is going to come back into the mix and win this season. If not win it, she'll be there at the final.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #131
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
From watching LCK, I am really starting to think Kristen is going to come back into the mix and win this season. If not win it, she'll be there at the final.
You know, I haven't watched it, so I really can't comment, but I really did like Kristen, and I was really mad when Josie threw her under the bus. I actually forgot about LCK and that there would be a contender on there. I really do like Sheldon, though.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #132
Li Li
Mouseketeer

I remember that on one episode they showed a picture of Josh and his wife, and Josh's beard was perfectly normal. Thus, I believe that whole mustache swirl is just a put on for the show to make himself stand out more.
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #133
denisem
DIS Veteran

I find it amusing Josh makes fun of Sheldon getting a manicure, but HE's vain enough to pack enough hats to clothe the entire TC crew and keep up his Snidely Whiplash 'stache.

Gonna miss Stefan, he grew on me. Classy exit in his loss to Kristin on LCK.

Hoping Kristin comes back & takes it ALL!

ETA: Oh, and whoever wondered if Padma owns a bra? She had 'em pushed up & out there last night! LOL
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #134
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Can't say I'm terribly thrilled with any of the final 4 that much. None of them have really impressed me that much. I suppose I'm rooting for Sheldon (unless Kristen comes back), just because he seems like a good guy. Though I don't know if he has the cooking "chops" that it usually takes to compose the type of menu they usually expect in the finale.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #135
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

I am rooting for sheldon as well, I love that he represents a type of food that is not terribly main stream. Tom C even said at one of the ceremonies that there are no really good Philapino restaurants out there and that they have been waiting for a chef like Sheldon to come along.
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: