Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #106
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Ding Dong the witch is dead!!! And sweet revenge for Kristin knocking Jodie out of Last chance kitchen!!!! Man these chefs couldn't even fry chicken correctly. Dang!!!!
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #107
robinb
DIS Veteran

I was a bit nervous because it looked like Stephan was going home from the editing. Plus, I thought that wasn't someone else's chicken (Brooke's maybe?) was inedible.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #108
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I was seriously thinking I'd stop watching this season if Josie didn't finally go home last night. Geez.... the way they were talking at judges' table.... I had the remote in one hand ready to turn the tv off if they sent Stefan (I really like him a LOT more this season!) or Brooke home.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #109
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I'm really pulling for Sheldon to win it all. Brooke is my second favorite, then Stefan (I would have NOT believed that at the beginning of the season), then Josh. Or maybe Sheldon, Brooke, Josh, then Stefan...

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #110
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

For some reason I am really not liking Padma this season. She seems to be coming off as really unlikeable. I was so glad Josie went home, I was afraid they were going to let her slide again.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #111
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I wish Stefan would have went I can't stand his EGO. I want Brooke or Josh

Last edited by happygirl; 01-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #112
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
I'm really pulling for Sheldon to win it all. Brooke is my second favorite, then Stefan (I would have NOT believed that at the beginning of the season), then Josh. Or maybe Sheldon, Brooke, Josh, then Stefan...
My list is (in order): Sheldon, Josh, Lizzie (I think she's the dark horse in the show), Stephan and Brooke last. I personally like Stephan better than Lizzie, but I think she is a better chef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
For some reason I am really not liking Padma this season. She seems to be coming off as really unlikeable.
She is coming off a particularly witchy this season. I heard somewhere that she said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "The entire Top Chef show goes through my stomach." since she does all the Quick Fires and all the Elimination Challenges.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #113
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
For some reason I am really not liking Padma this season. She seems to be coming off as really unlikeable. I was so glad Josie went home, I was afraid they were going to let her slide again.
Augh, I have literally never liked Padma. She always comes off as unknowledgeable and snotty.

VERY pleased with the results from last night

Top right now is Sheldon and Stefan. I really, really dislike Kunicko and wonder what they're doing with this whole fan vote thing. My boyfriend thinks that the winner of the fan vote and the last LCK will go head to head and whoever wins that will be allowed back into the competition. I have no idea-- it's crazy Kunicko hasn't cooked in over a month and keeps winning!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #114
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Augh, I have literally never liked Padma. She always comes off as unknowledgeable and snotty.
Top right now is Sheldon and Stefan. I really, really dislike Kunicko and wonder what they're doing with this whole fan vote thing. My boyfriend thinks that the winner of the fan vote and the last LCK will go head to head and whoever wins that will be allowed back into the competition. I have no idea-- it's crazy Kunicko hasn't cooked in over a month and keeps winning!
I read in the blogs somewhere that Kunicko actually hired a Pr firm to try to get her the fan vote. If anyone deserves to come back it's Kristin. She's the best chef of the bunch.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #115
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I wish Stefan would have went I can't stand his EGO. I want Brooke or Josh
He certainly could have gone. When they give the directions and they say make fried chicken. No. Really guys. We really do want just fried chicken and you make Chicken Cordon Bleu, and bad Cordon Blue at that? Really, any of the bottom chefs could have gone. I wanted Josie gone but I can say I wouldn't have thought Stefan robbed if it was him.

Last edited by Cannot_Wait_4Disney; 01-24-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #116
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post

From reading the Top Chef site on Bravo.com, this is correct. Whoever wins the fan vote, will face off with the last winner in LCK. Then that winner, will rejoin the other chefs in the kitchen. It's the new twist they added to LCK for his season.

And if what I have my fingers crossed for happens, Kristin will be back as the final winner of LCK. The final 3 will be - Kristin, Sheldon and here's the toss up, either Brook or Lizzie.

I think when it comes down to push time, Stefan's ego, will get in his way. If he can keep it in check, he could make the final 3.

I honestly don't think Josh has a shot at making the final 3.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #117
Nohal
DIS Veteran

So glad Josie finally went home but I was worried that it would be one of the others in the bottom. I think the judges realized that she always had time management problems. I'm hoping that Kristin gets to come back on the show and win it all. I think she is the best chef, but I wouldn't be upset if Sheldon won.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #118
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a looooong list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule

Woohoo! Doing the happy dance now that they sent Josie packing. You can only blame other people and the clock so many times. They all have the same amount of time.

I'd love to see Kristin get back in as winner of LCK. I hated to see her go!

I never thought I'd say this, but Stefan is growing on me. He does need to get his huge ego back in check before it gets him kicked off of the show. Step carefully, Stefan. Padma is not your biggest fan.

Josh makes the palm of my hand itch to wipe that smug expression he gets off of his face. There's just something about him that makes me cringe. And he failed several times cooking pork, which is supposedly his signature meat. What's up with that?

Sheldon is good, but I really don't think he has what it takes to win, yet. Give him another 5 years and he'd be tough to beat. He has a lot of potential.

Lizzie and Brooke are very good chefs, from what I can see. I'd favor Brooke over Lizzie, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them in the final three.

My final three are Kristin, Stefan and Brooke, if and only if Stefan keeps that ego in check and doesn't tick off Padma. I get the feeling that if he ticks off Padma again, he's toast!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #119
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Was anyone else surprised at how nasty the guest chefs along with Padma were really this week. They were rude and obnoxious. Stefan is an egotistical jerk, just my opinion, but Padma was rude. I get being annoyed by those that didn't make "fried chicken" but they were all so pompous.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #120
storzo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Was anyone else surprised at how nasty the guest chefs along with Padma were really this week. They were rude and obnoxious. Stefan is an egotistical jerk, just my opinion, but Padma was rude. I get being annoyed by those that didn't make "fried chicken" but they were all so pompous.
No excuse but I think they all might have had too much wine. I think they were a bit tipsy if not down right drunk.
storzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: