Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #91
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannot_Wait_4Disney View Post
I found it amusing that the dishwasher did better than Josie.
I credit Sheldon and Joshua for treating the dishwashers like team members. Not only was it decent, it was smart. The dishwashers worked hard prepping and plating for them.

Josie, on the other hand, you can always predict she'll be mouthy. She acts like an entitled 13 year old. Don't rush me, I want to do it my way, if I screw up, it's your fault. It's all about me, me, me.

Please tell me she's going home soon.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #92
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannot_Wait_4Disney View Post
As for Kristin defending herself, well I think the judges already knew exactly what had happened and it would just have made Kristin look bad to get in a she did it no she did it, no she did it war.
But ... Tom said in his blog that if he had known what Josie had done that the decision would have been different.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/seas...estaurant-woes
Quote:
It’s bad enough not to do what you’re asked to do, but it’s a whole lot worse to say you’re going to do it and only afterwards reveal that you didn’t… time and again. Had we managed to discover this at Judges’ Table, the outcome of the challenge would have been different, but Kristen wouldn’t divulge it, insisting that the buck stopped with her. I wish I’d asked one more question: “If this were truly your restaurant and Josie were one of your chefs, would you have fired her?” I believe that Kristen would’ve had to have said “yes.” But, to quote Kristen herself, hindsight’s a *****. I didn’t know to ask that question, 1) given that Kristen was determined not to reveal what Josie had done, and, 2) as a result, given the information we had and how it (mis)shaped our sense of what had happened in the kitchen.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #93
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's also the fact that Kristin chose Josie over Micah. Maybe she thought Micah would go home (which he did) but if she stuck Sheldon with Josie...he'd have had Josh, Stefan and Josie. That might have been enough for them to lose, because Josie is an obvious liablity. Or maybe she squeaks by once again because they really wanted to send Stefan home.

She's still there because someone always screws up worse than she does. And because the judges didn't know what she was up to behind the scenes (and Kristin wouldn't tell them).
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #94
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
I. Hate. Josie.
Me too! I didn't like her in her season and I really can't stand her now!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #95
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
But ... Tom said in his blog that if he had known what Josie had done that the decision would have been different.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/seas...estaurant-woes
Well Padma pretty much said the opposite. That they pretty much knew the gist of what went on and their mind was made up. Of course that could mean that her mind was made up and she was going to bully Emeril and Tom into agreeing with her regardless of what was said. And Tom also made a point that each challenge is judged on its own. Well fine. But does that mean that if a chef has exhibited a known problem that you just forget about it and don't ask questions when it happens again? Tom and everyone else knew of Josie's time management problems. And when the dish was late late late coming out and then poorly executed, it didn't occur to them to ask? That's the first thing I'd have asked about and I'd ask detailed questions.
I think the restaurant wars challenge is a bad one. It has devolved into a contest where it is likely that the loser of the two head chefs goes home. It doesn't always happen. But the other chefs end up with not nearly the same amount riding on their actions and they know it. Furthermore, it's not like the head chef of the day can do anything about insubordination. Gail mentioned they took hours agonizing over the decision, you'd think they'd spend some time looking at the footage or at least asking the crew or asking more detailed questions. If they had, Kristen would still be around and they wouldn't have spent hours agonizing over the decision.

Last edited by Cannot_Wait_4Disney; 01-18-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #96
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I credit Sheldon and Joshua for treating the dishwashers like team members. Not only was it decent, it was smart. The dishwashers worked hard prepping and plating for them.

Josie, on the other hand, you can always predict she'll be mouthy. She acts like an entitled 13 year old. Don't rush me, I want to do it my way, if I screw up, it's your fault. It's all about me, me, me.

Please tell me she's going home soon.
You really can in part get a good read on a person by how they treat people they do not have to treat well. Those two passed that test.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #97
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Josie needs to go home!!!! This is really starting to remind me of Tiffany and those stupid scallops....The judges really see Josie as a better Chef somehow I doubt it... just better to have her mouth for ratings

Stephan has always been arrogant but this season he seems so much worse.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #98
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

I agree with this writer, Kristen showed honour. But, I hate Josie and I wish she'd gone home. I'm surprised Lizzie and Brooke didn't say anything in Kristen's defense.
http://carolakacoggie.tumblr.com/pos...r-isnt-winning

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

DisGirlAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #99
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Ohhh, when I heard the previews "a surprise elimination" and watched it On Demand, I knew Kristin was going home. Josie DOES need to go, but I guess if Kristin really didn't have the guts to spill the whole story, exposing Josie's messup, maybe she should've gone home. But I also don't understand why the judges didn't push more; obviously Josie and Kristin are worlds apart in talent! I really thought Kristin was going to be at least in the final 4!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #100
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Stephan has always been arrogant but this season he seems so much worse.
I don't know, I actually like him more this season, but I think his front-of-the-house service was so rotten the other night that they should have lost and he should have gone home.

I was shocked about Kristin. Not only is Josie just not that great, but Kristin is reaaaaallly good. Even though the eliminations are supposedly based on the individual challenges, I don't believe for a second that they don't take everything into consideration.

Even though I hate to see her go, my favorite, Brooke, is still in it!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #101
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I don't know, I actually like him more this season, but I think his front-of-the-house service was so rotten the other night that they should have lost and he should have gone home.

I was shocked about Kristin. Not only is Josie just not that great, but Kristin is reaaaaallly good. Even though the eliminations are supposedly based on the individual challenges, I don't believe for a second that they don't take everything into consideration.

Even though I hate to see her go, my favorite, Brooke, is still in it!
I LOVE Stephen(I have a weird thing for blonde European guys....Alexander Skarsgard....Stephen)

I DO think he should have gone home though.

I don't know if he was intentionally rude to the guests, or if he just didn't care/realize how he was acting. He was rude to the judges whether he meant to be or not.

I can not STAND Josie. She should have went home a long time ago.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #102
por
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Ya know, I like this line of thought. I like how TC set up Restaurant Wars this year - top 2 concepts/dishes will be the opening restaurants.
The problem with Restaurant Wars, especially this year, was that the Chefs have a much better chance of advancing by not being in charge. The reward for being selected as one of the top concepts is that you are in charge of one of the teams and have a 50% of being the chef in charge of the losing team. The chef in charge of the losing team in Restaurant Wars always seems to go home. It would have been much better if they gave Kristin and Sheldon immunity and had them play for the car.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #103
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

My theory, worth what you paid for it, is that Padma was jealous of Kristin and wanted her gone. This was her first opportunity. After all, there can't be a prettier, ore talented chef on the show than Padma, right?
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #104
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

While I don't agree with Kristin being gone (Josie is a train wreck), assuming the judges know all the facts, I don't think Padma is that insecure. Padma, I would think, would be more insecure if she were a chef. I hope that Kristin can hold her own with CJ and come back. I wanted her to win the hole kit and caboodle.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #105
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quoting Emeril: BAM!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: