Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #76
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I can't figure out why the other two girls never said anything about Josie either. Maybe they were just happy the heat was off of them and figured they'd keep it that way by staying mum?
I figure it's a competition. Kristen is a much better chef than Josie. Josie isn't going to win this thing. Kristen might. Other competitors are better off with Kristin gone at this stage. Maybe they just let Kristen fall on her sword when the judges gave her the opportunity to say what went wrong and she refused to say anything negative about Josie.

It always happens in this show when a chef everyone likes is eliminated before one that hardly anybody likes...the producers do it for drama. If they want drama they would have kept John around, he can actually cook, too.
__________________

Last edited by TDC Nala; 01-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #77
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I figure it's a competition. Kristen is a much better chef than Josie. Josie isn't going to win this thing. Kristen might. Other competitors are better off with Kristin gone at this stage.
Very true. I think if Brooke or Elizabeth had said something we would have been like: "What the heck! Keep your mouth shut!". FTR, I don't think that Josie is a bad chef ... she's just not as good as Kristen. IIRC the judges thought that the dish was good, just not sauced enough/appropriately.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #78
jen0610
DIS Veteran
 
jen0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ft Wayne IN
Posts: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Padma was on "Watch What Happens Live!" after the show and said they talked to Kristen on the show live: http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...p-chef-shocker . She said that she would have MUCH rather eaten Kristen's food over Josie's. She said that she needed to manage Josie better. They also covered that it wouldn't have mattered if Kristen had tried to defend herself.

Padma also said that everyone, men and women, had a crush on Kristen. I can personally attest to that !
Right there with ya. She appears to be one of those people that has the personality that draws everybody to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
I watched "Watch What Happens Live!" too. For the record, I think Josie is such a slimeball for sabatoging and throwing Kristen under the bus ("but, but, but, SHE plated it!" ) and she was definitely the one who should have gone home. That said, unfortunately, Kristen was in charge and it was her job to make sure that things were done in order and on time. She knew how Josie is constantly running behind so she really needed to lean on Josie HARD (think Hell's Kitchen! ) and be a B****, if need be, in order to keep things the way she wanted them.

Padma did say she thinks Kristen is a shoe in for Fan Favorite.

Also, think long term.... who do you think will succeed in their career? I can't imagine ANY chef worth a damn taking Josie on. But Kristen? With her integrity, determination, drive, creativity, honor? Kristen will go far!
Slimball is to kind of a word for Josie.

Just once, during Restraunt Wars, I wish if it is clearly obvious that one chef is backing stabbing (for lack better term) a far better chef to knock them out of the competition, that the judges would send them packing. I'm all for them getting to watch the footage of what took place during the entire challenge. From planning to execution, they can watch any bits and pieces of the footage they want.

Hind sight being what it is, I wonder what they judges would have said or would say during the next season, if the head/lead chef told one of the other chef's, if your not going to doing it my way, hit the highway and take them out of the kitchen. Would it hurt that team, down a chef, yes. Would they still get dinged for everything not being exactly right or would the judges give credit for the chef stepping up and taking control of their kitchen. The meal as presented on the menu, might not be the same meal servered to them. Does the lead/head chef get credit for taking control of the kitchen and not serving something that isn't what they envisioned or do they take the hit for not stepping up and putting something out that isn't as they want it.

It's just another case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #79
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,940

did anyone else find it amusing that the boys team had the dishwasher cooking and plating dishes?
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #80
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders
 
Briarmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crappiest Place on Earth
Posts: 13,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I. Hate. Josie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Kristen was my favorite.
Agreed on both counts.
__________________
Briarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #81
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
did anyone else find it amusing that the boys team had the dishwasher cooking and plating dishes?
Yes! I thought that was brilliant .

BTW, I just read Tom and Gail's blogs. Tom said that if they knew that Josie had been insubordinate in pushing off the stock until it was too late to execute Kristen's idea they would have come to a different decision.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #82
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

 
badblackpug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,086

I do hate Josie, too, but I kind of see the point of eliminating Kristin. She was suppose to be the boss and she should have leaned on Josie from the beginning. From the pint where she was supposed to be cooking off the bones and wasn't. She should have been yelling at her to get it done. Things may have gone very differently if they had seen she was pushing her and she didn't do what she was supposed to, and that Kristin was forced to take over to get the service out on time. Had she been able to say, "I nagged and nagged her to do x, y, z and she still didn't do it, so I did what I had to do to get my restaurant open." Josie probably would have gone. Kristin was right, though, as the leader she should have been more proactive.

Josie knew what she was doing from the beginning, though. She sabotaged her, but it will come back to haunt because everyone else loved Kristin and hates Josie. They will be doing everything in their power to get rid of her.
__________________
badblackpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #83
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
I do hate Josie, too, but I kind of see the point of eliminating Kristin. She was suppose to be the boss and she should have leaned on Josie from the beginning. From the pint where she was supposed to be cooking off the bones and wasn't. She should have been yelling at her to get it done. Things may have gone very differently if they had seen she was pushing her and she didn't do what she was supposed to, and that Kristin was forced to take over to get the service out on time. Had she been able to say, "I nagged and nagged her to do x, y, z and she still didn't do it, so I did what I had to do to get my restaurant open." Josie probably would have gone. Kristin was right, though, as the leader she should have been more proactive.

Josie knew what she was doing from the beginning, though. She sabotaged her, but it will come back to haunt because everyone else loved Kristin and hates Josie. They will be doing everything in their power to get rid of her.
I can see the point as to why Kristin was sent home. The problem I had is that Josie has screwed up (mostly with poor time management) week in and week out and for whatever reason, is allowed to slide by.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #84
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran
 
TwingleMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,375

I like Stephan but frankly I didn't get his whole attitude during Restaurant Wars. I almost thought he was sabotaging Sheldon. I mean to have such a tude with the Judges??? He was extremely lucky. And he now has a bull eyes on his back. The judges were not happy with him and he made himself look like an a** in front of Danny Meyer.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #85
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!
 
Cannot_Wait_4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,573

Well the chef that wins is not always the best chef. It is the chef that was never the worst or was never the in charge in one of these challenges where things went wrong. Kristin was the in charge. The difficulty of being in charge is that those working under you are not your employees. They're in fact competing against you. But on the bright side, chefs like Josie only make it so far by hook crook and dumb luck. At some point, she either has to step up her game or she's going to lose. So far, she hasn't shown that she can. Most anyone could have done as well with that broth. As for Kristin defending herself, well I think the judges already knew exactly what had happened and it would just have made Kristin look bad to get in a she did it no she did it, no she did it war.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #86
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
I like Stephan but frankly I didn't get his whole attitude during Restaurant Wars. I almost thought he was sabotaging Sheldon. I mean to have such a tude with the Judges??? He was extremely lucky. And he now has a bull eyes on his back. The judges were not happy with him and he made himself look like an a** in front of Danny Meyer.
I agree. He was a shoo-in to go home if they had lost. Stefan owns his own restaurant, but yet doesn't know enough to explain dishes as they're coming out to the judges?
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #87
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
Josie knew what she was doing from the beginning, though. She sabotaged her, but it will come back to haunt because everyone else loved Kristin and hates Josie. They will be doing everything in their power to get rid of her.
I don't think they will not go out of their way to get rid of her. She is more of an asset than a liability as long as they remember that she will cheerfully stab them in the back. Would you rather go into the final-four against Josie or Stephan? Josie or Lizzie? Josie or Brooke? Josie or Sheldon? Josie or Joshua? I think everyone would choose Josie to be in the final-four, except maybe Stephan. If he's pissed at her he'll make it his goal to get rid of her.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #88
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!
 
Cannot_Wait_4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,573

Quote:
did anyone else find it amusing that the boys team had the dishwasher cooking and plating dishes?
I found it amusing that the dishwasher did better than Josie.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #89
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!
 
Cannot_Wait_4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
I like Stephan but frankly I didn't get his whole attitude during Restaurant Wars. I almost thought he was sabotaging Sheldon. I mean to have such a tude with the Judges??? He was extremely lucky. And he now has a bull eyes on his back. The judges were not happy with him and he made himself look like a (donkey) in front of Danny Meyer.
I was taken aback by his I don't care about anyone but the judges comment and all the get em out of here stuff. And in the end, he didn't even serve the judges well. I'd never put a guy like that in the front of the house. Never.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #90
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!
 
It'sWDW4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Way too far away from "home"
Posts: 3,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Hind sight being what it is, I wonder what they judges would have said or would say during the next season, if the head/lead chef told one of the other chef's, if your not going to doing it my way, hit the highway and take them out of the kitchen. Would it hurt that team, down a chef, yes. Would they still get dinged for everything not being exactly right or would the judges give credit for the chef stepping up and taking control of their kitchen. The meal as presented on the menu, might not be the same meal servered to them. Does the lead/head chef get credit for taking control of the kitchen and not serving something that isn't what they envisioned or do they take the hit for not stepping up and putting something out that isn't as they want it.
Ya know, I like this line of thought. I like how TC set up Restaurant Wars this year - top 2 concepts/dishes will be the opening restaurants. Would it have changed anything if Kristen would have been able to kick Josie out of the kitchen (again, as in Hell's Kitchen - can you tell I love that show too? )? Would Kristen have been applauded for "taking control of her kitchen" or would she still have been slammed for not getting everything done? Of course there is possibility of the RW head chef exploiting the advantage of being able to kick someone out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannot_Wait_4Disney View Post
As for Kristin defending herself, well I think the judges already knew exactly what had happened and it would just have made Kristin look bad to get in a she did it no she did it, no she did it war.
Padma pretty much confirmed this thought on the after-show.

The judges loved the taste of that broth. Had Josie not dragged the dish's concept down, the girls' team would probably have won and Stefan would have gone home.
__________________

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: