Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
blondemomma
Earning My Ears

I'M IN. LOVE THIS SHOW
blondemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #17
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

I DVR'd the show and just watched it. With the time change I can't stay up past 9:30 it seems.

I liked the challenges. It looks like there is going to be some feisty contestants too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Watched it last night. That was an interesting way to pick who goes to Seattle. I like how they did that but I feel sorry for the people who got Tom. Man, his challenge seemed a LOT more involved and difficult than all the others.

None of the contestants really popped out to me yet. Looks like there's gonna be tension with the "Most Hated Chef in Texas" (or was it Dallas?).

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #19
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

The redhead lady from Dallas works at a really great restaurant. I hope she goes far. I also want to see John Tesar make it far. He's known for being a prick but the guy can cook! Plus, he's been doing it for over 30 years!
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Ugh, I missed it because of the stupid title change so my DVR didn't pick it up. I just set it up for new episodes and it will record the episode I missed this afternoon. I also didn't care for Life After Top Chef. I was interested in it when I saw the promo because I thought it would showcase different contestants and where they are now each week instead of following the same 4. That got boring after 2 episodes although Fabio was still pretty entertaining. We stopped recording it after that, so I guess that's another reason I missed the start of the new TC season!

Anyone know if they are ever going to do another season of Just Desserts?
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
pooh6890
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Arrrrrggghhh - I fell asleep!! I can never make it through until 11 anymore. Dang this "getting older" crap. Hoping it's on RCN's video on demand list. If so, I'll just have to be a day behind y'all and TRY to not look at the new posts until I DO get to watch
If I forget they seem to always run repeats on Saturday or Sunday. I fell asleep with about 15 minutes to go too......this getting old stuff sucks!!!!
pooh6890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Ugh, I missed it because of the stupid title change so my DVR didn't pick it up. I just set it up for new episodes and it will record the episode I missed this afternoon. I also didn't care for Life After Top Chef. I was interested in it when I saw the promo because I thought it would showcase different contestants and where they are now each week instead of following the same 4. That got boring after 2 episodes although Fabio was still pretty entertaining. We stopped recording it after that, so I guess that's another reason I missed the start of the new TC season!

I was also hoping they would showcase different chef's each week, but sadly not the case. Richard's wife seems to be a handful for him. Love Fabio!!!! Jen is kinda whiney and Spike is just OK.......

As for the new TC, The Pelligrino lady looks like she is going to be feisty. The most hated Chef of course will be good TV. Looking foward to a good season.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #23
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Watched it last night. That was an interesting way to pick who goes to Seattle. I like how they did that but I feel sorry for the people who got Tom. Man, his challenge seemed a LOT more involved and difficult than all the others.

None of the contestants really popped out to me yet. Looks like there's gonna be tension with the "Most Hated Chef in Texas" (or was it Dallas?).
I also thought it was harder for the ones who got Tom. Not only were they being judged on various things, but they were in a live/working kitchen. I was not surpised one bit that Tom won the poll about being the most difficult chef to impress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post

I don't know, but I wish it would come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I was also hoping they would showcase different chef's each week, but sadly not the case. Richard's wife seems to be a handful for him. Love Fabio!!!! Jen is kinda whiney and Spike is just OK.......

As for the new TC, The Pelligrino lady looks like she is going to be feisty. The most hated Chef of course will be good TV. Looking foward to a good season.
I'm with you guys on thinking that Life After Top Chef would feature more than just those 4 chefs. The Pelligrino woman . . . she seems so frazzled, not sure how far she'll make it. And I really wish she'd pin back her hair/bangs -- I just kept thinking of her hair falling in the food.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Good first episode, I thought.

I like the new format of having to cook your way onto the show. I did, however, like how last season they have one final cookoff for the last spot on the show. I suppose that wasn't feasible this year, since the four groups were in different cities.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #25
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
I feel sorry for the people who got Tom. Man, his challenge seemed a LOT more involved and difficult than all the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I also thought it was harder for the ones who got Tom. Not only were they being judged on various things, but they were in a live/working kitchen. I was not surpised one bit that Tom won the poll about being the most difficult chef to impress.
Considering he's got to deal with them & judge them each week, I can see why he'd be the hardest on them.

I couldn't believe how Wolfgang just let 5 people in all at once.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Considering he's got to deal with them & judge them each week, I can see why he'd be the hardest on them.

I couldn't believe how Wolfgang just let 5 people in all at once.
Most of those omelets looked horrible!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like how Tom did his selections, with Emeril's soup a close 2nd. The salad and omlet, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post

Love Fabio, as well. Loved the I lost TC twice comment. Jen didn't like her on the show and sure don't like her any better on LATC.

While I was watching TC, it was bugging me as to who Kristen reminded me of. It wasn't until lunch today, that it slapped me upside the head.

Michelle Kwan when she cut her hair.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #28
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I also thought the omelets didn't look great. I'm no chef but can make a beautiful omelet

Interesting contestants.... Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

Former Cheftestants coming back!!!!

I caught the first episode, I'm excited but kept thinking how did they know how many to keep? What happened if EVERYONE was awesome, and they couldn't nitpick?

Also, I saw a commercial for next week where Stephan (season 5), Josie (season 2) and and I think it was CJ (season 3) are joining the new season in Seattle?!?!?!?!

Past Trips: Oct 14 Cruise & Land; Nov-Dec 2013; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
I caught the first episode, I'm excited but kept thinking how did they know how many to keep? What happened if EVERYONE was awesome, and they couldn't nitpick?
I think each master chef was was allowed so many people each. So maybe Wolfgang used up all his slots?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: