Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #76
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That's awesome!

I got to do the same thing at my nephew's wedding. I was shooting as a favor to my sister when one of the 2 official wedding photographers came to me in a panic because her battery was dead. Thankfully her camera model was the same as mine and I got to save the day.
It was just uncanny that we had the identical cameras and they were right behind us! Had there been just one family between us I wouldn't have heard then and it would never have happened. Although a seemingly silly and uncanny coincidence, it really made my day and I still think about it and smile

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #77
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
It was just uncanny that we had the identical cameras and they were right behind us! Had there been just one family between us I wouldn't have heard then and it would never have happened. Although a seemingly silly and uncanny coincidence, it really made my day and I still think about it and smile
I think it must have been meant to be. Even withing a given line, different models can use different batteries.

So glad you got to spread some pixie dust!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #78
Cathyr1980
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Good, yes.
Convenient, no.
Economical, no.

And, they can be very distracting to other guests due to their
large bright image screen in darker attractions.

And, their large frame can often block the view of other guests.
And let me tell you from someone who is currently feeling the pain from DROPPING her new Ipad 3 on her toe and cutting my toe terribly TAKE A Camera ! (Ipad Lived Toe Did not!)
Cathyr1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I think its more of people using their ipads for apps with the added benefit of it doubling as a camera.

And the most expensive ipad is way cheaper than higher end cameras.
What did we ever do before apps?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #80
chartle
DIS Veteran

I found this really interesting.

I was watching a review on tested.com on the new surface tablet from Microsoft. They said don't use this to take pictures because both cameras were low res and crappy and they thought it was a great feature since they wouldn't see people holding these things over their heads trying to take pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...psgE4XQ#t=740s
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #81
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
And the picture quality with any phone camera of any sort is terrible.

The cheapest camera with an adjustable lens is miles ahead of anything with the tiny glass ball.
Actually this is not true. The iPhone 5 has a good camera, better than the cheaper point and shoots. I agree that the iPad cameras suck though.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #82
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

If I really need to see something like a parade, show etc... I plan ahead. I make sure I'm in front so other things won't bother me. Like children hoisted onto shoulders, cameras in my way. I have to or my "what the heck" personality kicks in. I would skip certain things if I can't have the view I want, I'm ok with that. I trade it for something else. Kids on shoulders in my way is more frustrating than someone using an iPad to take a quick photo. I saw people doing character photos with them in sept. they weren't in my way or anyone else's, it was just characters so I think that's ok. I happen to love my iPad. I have not looked at the pictures on the computer or printed up so I can't say anything about quality. I wouldn't lug my iPad around any theme park or similar situation.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #83
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
If I really need to see something like a parade, show etc... I plan ahead. I make sure I'm in front so other things won't bother me. Like children hoisted onto shoulders, cameras in my way. I have to or my "what the heck" personality kicks in. I would skip certain things if I can't have the view I want, I'm ok with that. I trade it for something else. Kids on shoulders in my way is more frustrating than someone using an iPad to take a quick photo. I saw people doing character photos with them in sept. they weren't in my way or anyone else's, it was just characters so I think that's ok. I happen to love my iPad. I have not looked at the pictures on the computer or printed up so I can't say anything about quality. I wouldn't lug my iPad around any theme park or similar situation.
The problem really isn't a quick photo. The problem is video, requiring that it be hoisted overhead for extended periods of time, sometimes for the duration of a show or event.

But I agree about kids on shoulders too. That's no better. Once again, if someone tall is in front of me, I won't choose that spot. But when someone hoists a kid or an ipad up at the last minute, it's usually too late to find a new spot.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #84
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
The problem really isn't a quick photo. The problem is video, requiring that it be hoisted overhead for extended periods of time, sometimes for the duration of a show or event.

But I agree about kids on shoulders too. That's no better. Once again, if someone tall is in front of me, I won't choose that spot. But when someone hoists a kid or an ipad up at the last minute, it's usually too late to find a new spot.
Which is exactly why if I'm not right on the curb for a parade or in a front seat for a show, thats important to me....I will skip it. Try later or just do something else. i haven't expirenced the ipad filming yet. BUT that would bother me to.

I was annoyed a bit at a recent concert (no one in my way), second row..because people all around had there cell phones going..videoing mostly..the light from the screens is annoying and watching them hold them for minutes at a time annoying (side views). Do people have to catch EVERYHTING on video these days. I also glanced at many of the camera screens and to be honest the video quality due to the dark theatre and special concert lighting were making the video they were shooting grainy and lousy. It was awful I saw their screens. I would not want to watch lousy video like that. Whats the point

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #85
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which is exactly why if I'm not right on the curb for a parade or in a front seat for a show, thats important to me....I will skip it. Try later or just do something else. i haven't expirenced the ipad filming yet. BUT that would bother me to.

I was annoyed a bit at a recent concert (no one in my way), second row..because people all around had there cell phones going..videoing mostly..the light from the screens is annoying and watching them hold them for minutes at a time annoying (side views). Do people have to catch EVERYHTING on video these days. I also glanced at many of the camera screens and to be honest the video quality due to the dark theatre and special concert lighting were making the video they were shooting grainy and lousy. It was awful I saw their screens. I would not want to watch lousy video like that. Whats the point
There are many shows at Disney where the front rows are not available to the general public. And many times the very front row in an auditorium is not a very desirable seat. Sort of like standing in front of the castle stage for a show. Just not much of a view in the very front. Last time we were there we staked out a spot very early right up near the stage. And sure enough, very last minute, someone right in front of us hoisted their child up on their shoulders. My point being...... preparedness on my part can only go so far. Eventually I just need other people to be considerate of others.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #86
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
There are many shows at Disney where the front rows are not available to the general public. And many times the very front row in an auditorium is not a very desirable seat. Sort of like standing in front of the castle stage for a show. Just not much of a view in the very front. Last time we were there we staked out a spot very early right up near the stage. And sure enough, very last minute, someone right in front of us hoisted their child up on their shoulders. My point being...... preparedness on my part can only go so far. Eventually I just need other people to be considerate of others.
EXACTLY..BUT most are not considerte of others, they figure its my vacation too, I paid to be here blah blah blah...

I am sure at some point we have all done something others would consider rude or selfish behaviour.

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #87
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
EXACTLY..BUT most are not considerte of others, they figure its my vacation too, I paid to be here blah blah blah...

I am sure at some point we have all done something others would consider rude or selfish behaviour.
Probably. But my point in this thread is that hoisting an 8x10 or so size instrument over your head, often for an extended period of time, in front of countless other guests is so blatantly rude that it sets a new low.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #88
qzar33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Actually this is not true. The iPhone 5 has a good camera, better than the cheaper point and shoots. I agree that the iPad cameras suck though.
No, it's true. I mean an iPhone might not be horrible compared to a really cheap p&s but there are sensor size limitations inherent in something like a camera phone that are always going to make them awful for much more than web sharing in fairly bright conditions. Even the mid-to-higher end p&s cameras (not to mention mirrorless or DSLR) will blow away an iPhone camera.
qzar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #89
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Probably. But my point in this thread is that hoisting an 8x10 or so size instrument over your head, often for an extended period of time, in front of countless other guests is so blatantly rude that it sets a new low.
agreed!

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #90
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar33 View Post
No, it's true. I mean an iPhone might not be horrible compared to a really cheap p&s but there are sensor size limitations inherent in something like a camera phone that are always going to make them awful for much more than web sharing in fairly bright conditions. Even the mid-to-higher end p&s cameras (not to mention mirrorless or DSLR) will blow away an iPhone camera.
Well, obviously a DSLR or high end point and shoot will be better than an iphone camera. But, the post I was responding to claimed that your cheapest point and shoot will be better than an iphone camera, and with the much improved cameras in the iphone 5s, this is not true. The iphone cameras are pretty good in low light situations now.

And there are lots of apps that you can use to make the pictures even better. Add the convenience of the iPhone, and it is great to take to the parks. Some days, I wont even bring a regular camera into the parks.

There was a thread on the photography board here with pictures taken by iphones. Amazing photos on there.

Last edited by luvthemouse71; 11-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.
luvthemouse71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: