Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #166
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

My friend and his family were just there. He was snapping pictures from bizarre angles and sending them to me to challenge my park knowledge. He said the wi-fi worked great, both in the parks and at POR.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #167
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D. View Post
My friend and his family were just there. He was snapping pictures from bizarre angles and sending them to me to challenge my park knowledge. He said the wi-fi worked great, both in the parks and at POR.
Yes, the wifi in the parks works well. I'm glad they finally got with the times and started offering it.

The ipad mini was perfect to take in the parks. That little thing takes pretty good pictures too, although I primarily use my iphone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #168
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444
For those with wifi only iPads...how is the wifi service in the parks and at the resorts....painfully slow?
I have an iPad and an iPhone. The wifi at the resort works fine. I am guessing its bc less ppl are trying to access it. The wifi in the parks slowed my iPhone down to a halt. I had a hard time using the mobile magic ap and it was very slow for me. It actually didn't work at times in the park and would just be "accessing information" for long periods at a time. Annoying, but can't complain about free!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #169
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

Wifi at our resort was always good. In the park it was spotty at times but overall I was pretty impressed.
mickyzzzzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #170
delilah
DIS Veteran

We were there this past July. I have one of the old Ipads that doesn't have a camera, and I have a 4G hotspot from Verizon. At home, I have Comcast internet service, and 3G service from Verizon. In comparison to the home Comcast service, the 4G hotspot from Verizon is as fast. At home, the 3G service is frustratingly slow, and the wifi at Disney is about the same as the 3G I get with the hotspot at home. The wifi coverage at Kidani village where we stayed wasn't very good--it kept throwing us off the network. I am hoping it is better on our next stay. If it isn't bad, I might not renew the contract for the 4G hotspot (although it is nice to have more secure internet access than we would have using the hotel wifi).
delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #171
Boski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Check out THIS.
The iPhone 5's camera is much better than the iPads.
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Boski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #172
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

I wonder how many of the people who take an iPad into the parks say "oh, I won't block anyone's view taking pictures with it" can really resist themselves in the heat of the moment, "just this once?"

Even if it's just this once, you just interfered with someone else's enjoyment of the park! Those things are obnoxious cameras. (Yes, I own one, too.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Escape Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #173
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
I wonder how many of the people who take an iPad into the parks say "oh, I won't block anyone's view taking pictures with it" can really resist themselves in the heat of the moment, "just this once?"

Even if it's just this once, you just interfered with someone else's enjoyment of the park! Those things are obnoxious cameras. (Yes, I own one, too.)
Uh, no, sorry! As a grown adult, I am fully capable of resisting myriad temptations, including, but not limited to those involving iPads. I've taken it to many public places and never even been tempted to block anyone's view of anything. Unless, it is now Dis-Rude for me to "block" your view of my daughter hugging Alice after we've waited in line to meet and greet. Obnoxious? No, it's a device. People are obnoxious and they are everywhere and some of them have iPads in the park and some do not.

Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
AlixaLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #174
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixaLock

Uh, no, sorry! As a grown adult, I am fully capable of resisting myriad temptations, including, but not limited to those involving iPads. I've taken it to many public places and never even been tempted to block anyone's view of anything. Unless, it is now Dis-Rude for me to "block" your view of my daughter hugging Alice after we've waited in line to meet and greet. Obnoxious? No, it's a device. People are obnoxious and they are everywhere and some of them have iPads in the park and some do not.
Well said. Devices do not control our behavior! But not really thinking iPads in that statement, lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: