Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #136
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit90
I want to see what I'm here to see for myself and not through your ipad screen!
Amen!

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #137
smidgy
dimples

I couldn't agree more. and it's not just the people behind the thoughtless Ipad user, many people around them are distracted by the light from their Ipad. esp those with vision problems.. those who ahve problems with their eyes adjusting to the dark. once that bright screen is on, these people will probably see niothing of the show at all. yeah, real thoughtful.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #138
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWChloe View Post
On another note, I understand people are excited for being in Disney, and I'm all about recording your memories... But why record every second of wishes when there are hundreds of videos online - and most are better quality! I'm sure I'm not the only one on this
I'm totally with you on this one! I love watching Disney videos on Youtube - resorts, rides everything. But it's very frustrating when you do a search & most of the results are poor quality, shaky, and badly done. I really hate it when people when people pan back and forth really quickly to "cover" everything, like they're trying to paint a wall! You're not adding to the Youtube community, you're just cluttering it up!
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #139
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
I did and I have an iPhone 5, play station 3, wii, etc who gives a flying horse. The point is I don't understand how people complain about everything and expect people to bend over backwards for them. That to me is just plain rude.
I learned a lesson today! Demonstrating common courtesy is considered bending over backwards! :D
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #140
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

I think Disney should prohibit the use of iPads for photography and video recording inside their parks. If a recording device obstructs somebody's view of a show or attraction, they should not be allowed, period. People are already rude enough. This would be unacceptable for me, and I'd have no problem telling somebody to move their device if it was bothering me.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #141
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryels View Post
We were in WDW for 9 days last month and I witnessed something that I had not seen at WDW before.

I was truly amazed at how many people were carrying around their iPads and using them as cameras. (I'm not criticizing. It's your iPad; do you what you want with it!)

But I have to say, it surprised me. They just seem so bulky to lug around and use as a camera. And it made me nervous to think about somebody dropping it while they were trying to take a picture. It could be a pretty expensive mistake!

I guess I'm just kind of mystified by the whole phenomenon. Am I missing something? Do they make good cameras? Just genuinely curious.
We took my sister and nieces with us this trip and they took an iPad. "What a PI(T)A to lug that thing around" I thought to myself. While I take an iPad on trips, I NEVER take it to the parks to use it as a camera. I will use my iPhone for pictures and Photopass for everything else. I leave my iPad out on the table charging all day until we return back to the room. Have never been afraid of having it stolen.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #142
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryels View Post
We were in WDW for 9 days last month and I witnessed something that I had not seen at WDW before.

I was truly amazed at how many people were carrying around their iPads and using them as cameras. (I'm not criticizing. It's your iPad; do you what you want with it!)

But I have to say, it surprised me. They just seem so bulky to lug around and use as a camera. And it made me nervous to think about somebody dropping it while they were trying to take a picture. It could be a pretty expensive mistake!

I guess I'm just kind of mystified by the whole phenomenon. Am I missing something? Do they make good cameras? Just genuinely curious.
I forgot to bring the power cable for my camera I already have two cameras so I am not buying a third so it's picture with the iPad time!
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #143
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
I forgot to bring the power cable for my camera I already have two cameras so I am not buying a third...
Why not just buy another power cable?
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #144
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I think people who bring iPads into the parks cannot afford a camera and/or iPhone in addition to the iPad. I feel sorry for them.

Nobody should be lighting up dark rides/movies. Cameras and iPads should not be held up, blocking people's view...but they are.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #145
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Why not just buy another power cable?
Where in disney can I do that because I didn't rent a car and as I haven't brought both halves of my driving license I can't do it any way? As for banning them why? I have only taken pictures of the Christmas decorations where if I am in the way you can step round me. I don't take pictures on the dark rides because that would be rude!
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #146
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal
I think people who bring iPads into the parks cannot afford a camera and/or iPhone in addition to the iPad. I feel sorry for them..
Yeah, that makes so much more sense than the idea they just like having using it...

I much prefer people non flash photo taking than talking or screaming during rides.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #147
Magical Kingdoms
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladiator View Post
I was glancing down at a woman that was recording the entire IllumiNations show on her iPad and couldn't stop wondering ... "when are you ever going to watch that? And how is it going to be 1/100th as good as watching it live and not fiddling with and watching your video screen?"
One of my friends used her iPod touch to film videos of us riding different rides at Islands of Adventure when we went in May, but the video quality was not that good. But it was an iPod, and isn't as big as an iPad.

Anywho reading your comment (And this whole thread) makes me wonder why people actually do that. It's not good enough to watch later, and it certainly isn't good enough to put on the internet. So, what are you going to do with it? Why would you bother with lifting it up for maybe twenty minutes just to record a parade or show that you can watch on YouTube?

I also know that it's not top priority for people to take care of their devices, as I know several people who think it's neat if your iPod/Pad or phone screen is scratched or broken but still works. I have to wonder HOW they can stand that, because if my screen looked like that, I wouldn't want to touch it.

I'd like to see someone filming with their iPad get stuck with having to stand in front of someone filming with theirs. Then they'll see how rude it is.
WDW trips - 2000 - 1st Trip, Sept. 2001 - All Star Sports, 2002 - Polynesian, 2003 or 2004(?) - Port Orleans/Coronado Springs, 2005 - All Star Music, Oct. 2006 - MNSSHP (All Star Movies), Aug. 2007 - Day trip for Pirate and Princess Party, Nov. 2009 - Matt's B-Day trip, back to All Star Music, Oct. 2010 - My B-Day trip, Pop Century

Universal Trips - May 2012 -1st (and currently only) Trip, Day at IOA and the WWoHP!
Magical Kingdoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #148
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I brought my ipad mini with me into the parks a couple of weeks ago but it was more to have something to do while eating, waiting in lines etc. (solo trip)

I use my iphone to video certain things. But, even then it isn't everything because there are nice videos of the fireworks on Youtube. The two things I took video of were the Osbourne lights and the holiday parade at MVMCP. The parade was shot with my digital camera though.

IMO, the ipads aren't anymore annoying than cameras, puke covered children at parades, kids on shoulders at parades, kids throwing temper tantrums, couples either fighting or making out in public, ECVs, stroller terrorists, people not wearing deodorant etc. You're in a public place- a certain amount of putting up with crap from other people is to be expected.

Last edited by luvthemouse71; 12-24-2012 at 04:53 PM.
luvthemouse71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #149
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
How waterproof are those iPads? Do they have the power to withstand the misting fans? Just asking because if someone pulled out an iPad and held it in front of me, I'd get so hot under the collar I'd need to start misting...
Sorry, they make waterproof cases for ipads and iphones.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #150
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Kingdoms View Post
-
makes me wonder why people actually do that. It's not good enough to watch later, and it certainly isn't good enough to put on the internet.
Check out THIS.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: