Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeesquire View Post
ok. so what are the other snorkling options besides the family beach?
I think theres a boat that takes you out to a reef, but youhave to book it in advance, and the adult beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
Thanks for all the info!

I figured she would need to wear a vest and if they are provided there I would definitely prefer to just get one there even if I do have to pay for it.

Speaking of goggles... I didn't think about it til now, but DD has a pretty hefty prescription in her glasses, so we got her prescription goggles for the swimming pool this summer. I don't think she will enjoy the snorkeling much unless she's able to wear them. It doesn't sound like it'll be a problem to bring her own goggles though.

Nope no problem at all with bringing any or all of your personal gear. Ive seen a lot of other people that bring swim gogles and use them as an alternative. Another suggestion and I did this with my daughter, is to get her a bathing suit that has flotation built in. My daughter wore hers over her regular bathing suit so she could take it off on shore.That and a decent set of fins, and my daughter had a blast. First time we took her, shed never been on a cruise before, let alone snorkel. We put her in the water in her float bathing suit, and gave her the basics. I told her were swimming to that ball over there. Turned around made sure my wife and son were with us on where we were going, turned around and my daughter was already halfway there.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: