Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
princesslondon
Mouseketeer

? about boarding with a child not in our room

I'm always super ready to get onboard as soon as we can and we have an 11:30 port arrival time. However, this trip we are traveling with family members who won't be at the port until afternoon. Our daughter is bringing a friend this year who we put in our family's room because our room only slept 3Can she board the ship with us or do we have to wait for the family whose room she is in to get there before she can board?
Hope that makes sense.
princesslondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
jel0511
DIS Veteran

To be honest I'm not sure, but if I had to venture a guess, she won't be able to board until your family arrives and checks in, as she won't have her KTTW card yet.......
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

My mom was in our room and was able to board with my father who we booked much later in his own room. We didn't have any issues. Not sure if it's different with a child.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I think the issue might be who is listed as the adult responsible for the child--who is named on the parent authorization form. You do know that you need the form to take a child who is not your child on the cruise, right?

If you are listed as the (or one of the ) responsible adults, I think they will allow you to check in the child and keep her with you even though the rest of the gang isn't there. If only the names in the other room are listed on the form, you'll have to wait for them.

This is not a for sure--call DCL, but be prepared that shoreside may not have correct info as to how things work at port!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
princesslondon
Mouseketeer

I got her mom to sign 2 parent authorization forms. One with my name and one with my neice's name because that's the room she will be in.
Does anyone know if that form needs to be notarized, it didn't say it did but it just seems so "unofficial" to me so I wasn't sure.
I guess I can just try when we get to the port and if they won't let her board I will pace in front of the window until the rest of our family gets there
princesslondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
zstyles
Mouseketeer

as long as they have their key to the world they can get on the boat, they would need photo ID etc to get into the port...if I recall they also took two photos of the kids at registration and when we got on the boat...
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstyles View Post
as long as they have their key to the world they can get on the boat, they would need photo ID etc to get into the port...if I recall they also took two photos of the kids at registration and when we got on the boat...
A child does not need photo ID to get into the terminal or board at PC or any other port.

No, DCL's form does not have to be notarized, but I got it done anyhow just for the additional security. Also, check the status of the child's health insurance--will it cover outside the US in an emergency? Do you have the necessary documents to authorize treatment? It won't happen, but better safe than sorry.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslondon View Post
I got her mom to sign 2 parent authorization forms. One with my name and one with my neice's name because that's the room she will be in.
Does anyone know if that form needs to be notarized, it didn't say it did but it just seems so "unofficial" to me so I wasn't sure.
I guess I can just try when we get to the port and if they won't let her board I will pace in front of the window until the rest of our family gets there
It has to be notarized

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: