Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #661
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran
 
JohnsonsLoveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Port Orchard, Washington
Posts: 4,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Same lady, same nonsense. I just wont buy from places anymore if they won't ship to my office. She has caused me too much aggrivation. I spoke with the postmaster about her seeming to not deliver every day and surprise, surprise.....I'm getting mail much more often lately.

The only problem I have is with shipping swaps. Was going to ask if anyone minded shipping back to me at my office instead of home, but didn't want to cause extra trouble for anyone. The label I sent for Epcot was to home address. I will see what happens with that box before I decide what to do.
hopefully it gets better soon! maybe she'll retire like the nasty lady at the main po that gives me such a headache! I go to that one because thats where my po box is and its by dance and preschool. but she keeps trying to charge me parcel for an envelope that is clearly an envelope according to their rules.

The one closer to home but in a direction i hardly ever go does them as envelopes and they never come back. hmmm... so now i only go to that one. It is rught by DD's school so I usually have lik 5 mins to get in and out before im late picking her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Love the paper for Gaston's!

It's only a few more weeks until we sign up for the next group girls Going to be AK, Downtown Disney Photo Ops, and Mini Golf if there's enough interest in the Mini Golf, that is.

Thank you!

I am only interested in Mini Golf. I am not a fan of AK at all.
__________________
Rachal, Awesome DBF and 3 crazy girls! and 1 bouncing baby boy!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #662
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
I am only interested in Mini Golf. I am not a fan of AK at all.
Oh, not sure it will work for you then...Mini Golf is a tiny part of the next swap...

This was what I was thinking.
  1. Africa
  2. Kilimanjaro Safari
  3. Pangani Exploration Trail
  4. Asia
  5. Maharajah Jungle Trek
  6. Flights of Wonder
  7. Kali River Rapids
  8. Expedition Everest
  9. Festival of the Lion King
  10. Finding Nemo the Musical
  11. It's Tough to be a Bug
  12. Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
  13. Dinoland USA
  14. Boneyard
  15. Dinosaur
  16. Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
  17. Tree of Life/Discovery Island
  18. Rafiki's Planet Watch
  19. Oasis
  20. Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters
  21. World of Disney
  22. Lego Nessie
  23. Lego Tourists
  24. T-Rex
  25. Rainforest Cafe
  26. Carousel
  27. Pooh & Friends
  28. Holiday Characters (near the water fountain)
  29. Winter
  30. Summerland
  31. Fantasia Gardens

And whatever anyone else can come up with
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #663
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
hopefully it gets better soon! maybe she'll retire like the nasty lady at the main po that gives me such a headache! I go to that one because thats where my po box is and its by dance and preschool. but she keeps trying to charge me parcel for an envelope that is clearly an envelope according to their rules.

The one closer to home but in a direction i hardly ever go does them as envelopes and they never come back. hmmm... so now i only go to that one. It is rught by DD's school so I usually have lik 5 mins to get in and out before im late picking her up.




Thank you!

I am only interested in Mini Golf. I am not a fan of AK at all.


Oh, Im totally opposite. We have never done mini golf at WDW, but will do the swap anyway. Too many other goodies to miss it. And who knows, maybe we can find time to mini golf on our next trip.

Will print the list and look over it when I get home to see if there's anything we can add.

Going to post the splash mtn pics now:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have to tell you all, I wasted SOOOO MUCH PAPER on this layout and now I'm forced to order more from our not-so-favorite scrapbook store. I'm still not really happy with it and I'm not sure why. The left page is ok, but the right side is not what I envisioned. I tried to do some briars, but that didn't really turn out. Someone did a great title a while back with vines and briars and I was trying to work from that, but I just couldn't get the vines to look right. Didn't have a file with them and what I was making looked wrong. Anyone have any suggestions? Worked all day yesterday on it and I've just reached total frustration. I'm sick of this layout!
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS15 DS19


Last edited by tyniknate; 01-28-2013 at 08:16 AM.
tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #664
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Oh, Im totally opposite. We have never done mini golf at WDW, but will do the swap anyway. Too many other goodies to miss it. And who knows, maybe we can find time to mini golf on our next trip.

Will print the list and look over it when I get home to see if there's anything we can add.

Going to post the splash mtn pics now:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Oh Danielle, this came out awesome!

We go mini golfing usually Thanksgiving Day. Must say, I love taking a quiet easy morning
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #665
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbkols View Post
Here is Tomorrowland Speedway. I'm thinking about putting a stack of tires or car on the title page

Sketch link: http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/6-27-12
Michelle, I'm not able to view the sketch. Could you download it and email it to me so I can add it to the opening posts? TY
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #666
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,796

Jennifer - I will go look for the sketches I used and see if I can post them (although the end product of these seems to deviate GREATLY from what they started as). Not sure how helpful the sketches are going to be
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS15 DS19

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #667
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

No worries, Danielle, I'm running out of room to post pictures...I can only do 25 per post!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #668
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
No worries, Danielle, I'm running out of room to post pictures...I can only do 25 per post!
Ok. I will just print them and send them with the layouts, although most people are going to look at them and say "huh? this can't be right.....they don't even look like the pages" . I tend to wander when I scrap.
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS15 DS19

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #669
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,278

Danielle--love the splash layout

We're going to play mini golf this trip just so we can use swap pieces We'll be trying a few new things this trip so we don't come home completely exhausted
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl



WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #670
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran
 
JohnsonsLoveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Port Orchard, Washington
Posts: 4,305

Jen, its ok. I can sit out. sorta like this one. Haha

Danielle, you just missed the 0.75 sale. I'm working on my order now. Too many to choose from! I can't see your photo in mobile. I'll have to check it out when I get home later.
__________________
Rachal, Awesome DBF and 3 crazy girls! and 1 bouncing baby boy!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #671
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Jen, its ok. I can sit out. sorta like this one. Haha

Danielle, you just missed the 0.75 sale. I'm working on my order now. Too many to choose from! I can't see your photo in mobile. I'll have to check it out when I get home later.
Huh ....didn't even realize they ran sales like that. I never get emails or anything from them. Wonder what I have to do to get on their list. I certainly order enough stuff from them. Placed my order this morning and sent them a nasty-gram about not having free shipping on orders any more - unless they have a special code running from time to time. Of course there's nothing out right now, so just paid $10 in shipping. Ugh. So much money wasted!

So glad there will be a "new store" for me to order from.
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS15 DS19

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #672
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,866

Danielle, I think your LO looks great!


Jennifer, need to go through my AK stuff, possibility I won't be joining this swap...
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #673
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran
 
3pletprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North of the border
Posts: 2,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Oh, not sure it will work for you then...Mini Golf is a tiny part of the next swap...

This was what I was thinking.
  1. Africa
  2. Kilimanjaro Safari
  3. Pangani Exploration Trail
  4. Asia
  5. Maharajah Jungle Trek
  6. Flights of Wonder
  7. Kali River Rapids
  8. Expedition Everest
  9. Festival of the Lion King
  10. Finding Nemo the Musical
  11. It's Tough to be a Bug
  12. Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
  13. Dinoland USA
  14. Boneyard
  15. Dinosaur
  16. Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
  17. Tree of Life/Discovery Island
  18. Rafiki's Planet Watch
  19. Oasis
  20. Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters
  21. World of Disney
  22. Lego Nessie
  23. Lego Tourists
  24. T-Rex
  25. Rainforest Cafe
  26. Carousel
  27. Pooh & Friends
  28. Holiday Characters (near the water fountain)
  29. Winter
  30. Summerland
  31. Fantasia Gardens

And whatever anyone else can come up with
Those look good to me. I too never do the Mini golf but we plan on doing it late this year.

Danielle I really like your Splash LO.
__________________
Me DH & our lovely triplet DD and toddler
3pletprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #674
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Jennifer, need to go through my AK stuff, possibility I won't be joining this swap...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
Those look good to me. I too never do the Mini golf but we plan on doing it late this year.
You'll have to do mini golf like Cheryl to use your swap stash
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #675
urbkols
Mouseketeer
 
urbkols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Michelle, I'm not able to view the sketch. Could you download it and email it to me so I can add it to the opening posts? TY
Jennifer I'll see what I can do tonight. Just came home for my lunch break! I never mini golf at WDW. I won't have time on our cruise in March since we are only at WDW for one day!
__________________
me Michelle DH DS(6) DD(6)




urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: