Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #61
toddpalino
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailGal View Post
Ditto, I'd love to see Navigators for your sailing including St Thomas and San Juan! And any feedback on excursions, what to see, what to skip? Thank you!
I just sent the PDF files for the Navigators to wdwinfo.com for posting up in the section there. So as soon as they go through their email and upload them, they will be available for all.

We did the Castillo tour in San Juan. While I'm normally not a big fan of guided tours, this one was very good. The tour company was on top of everything, including having plenty of cold bottled water for everyone (at no charge). They split us into fairly small groups (about 20 people) each with their own tour guide, so we were able to hear easily. And the guide had a lot of great information that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise!

-Todd
toddpalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #62
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, November 6, 2012: St. Thomas

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #63
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us! We don't leave for four months yet, but seeing the navigators and hearing about San Juan surely has me excited.

I would love to hear more about the walking tour -- we will probably want to do something similar and fairly simple just to get a taste of the city and its history.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #64
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Wednesday, November 7, 2012: SAN JUAN, PR

[

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #65
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Thursday, November 8, 2012: At Sea

[

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #66
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Friday, November 9, 2012: Castaway Cay

[

Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #67
mardonna
Mouseketeer

matinee shows

I am traveling on New Years cruise and I was told the formal night would be NYE which was different from your sailing...but everything else matched up.....I noticed they didn't offer any matinees of their shows......I was really hoping they would offer some.....
mardonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #68
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardonna View Post
I am traveling on New Years cruise and I was told the formal night would be NYE which was different from your sailing...but everything else matched up.....I noticed they didn't offer any matinees of their shows......I was really hoping they would offer some.....
They were not offered on our sailing. Apparently, it varies by cruise and I have heard that the ships capacity has something to do with it. Our cruise was not at capacity, so maybe that is why it was not offered.

[

Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #69
mardonna
Mouseketeer

I have to imagine the holiday cruises will be sold out....I have Remy booked for Thursday night but I really wanted to see show.
mardonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #70
cblack
Mousketeer

Thanks for posting the navigators!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #71
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
What was the name of the beach you went to? Sounds perfect to take the kids..Thanks,,!!
It was the Marriott Stellaris where we ended up at. The lagoon beach, i have no clue if it had a name, just a small public beach right over a bridge on the way to the Marriott Stellaris. The Stellaris also has day passes for the pool(medium slide and nice pool) pm me and I will forward you the email with the info on it. You can get a pass just the day of, do not have to get it beforehand.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #72
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Thank you for all the great info!!!!

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015
Cruise # 14 - Fantasy - February 13, 2016 - Tortola

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #73
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Our favorite beach in San Juan is "El Escambrón" also known as Third Millennium Park. It is a short taxi ride from the pier. Nice and safe, with big boulders surrounding the swimming area like Castaway Cay

[

Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #74
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I didn't see on any of the navigators where the listed the restaurant breakfast and lunch times, nor the hours for the bars. I'm especially interested in when Oh La La is open on Sunday, the first sea day, as a group of us want to meet there for some champage before dinner.

Also, the dining menu for Sunday, formal night, still showed the regular rotational menus...wasn't there a special menu that night? (I see the Captain's Gala menu is on semi-formal night).

Anybody have answers to these two questions?

Thanks

Edited to add another question! Does anyone know the price of the Dooney & Burke FANTASY backpac?

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #75
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I didn't see on any of the navigators where the listed the restaurant breakfast and lunch times, nor the hours for the bars. I'm especially interested in when Oh La La is open on Sunday, the first sea day, as a group of us want to meet there for some champage before dinner.

Also, the dining menu for Sunday, formal night, still showed the regular rotational menus...wasn't there a special menu that night? (I see the Captain's Gala menu is on semi-formal night).

Anybody have answers to these two questions?

Thanks

Edited to add another question! Does anyone know the price of the Dooney & Burke FANTASY backpac?

Here are the times for the restaurants, I took this one from the Sunday navigator, but the times are all the same except for embarkation day and debarkation day.

The menu for Formal night was part of the rotational menu, I did not see any changes.

The backback, I am not sure. Hopefully someone can tell you the price

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: