Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
klepton
Mouseketeer

Questions about wine in the dining rooms

Hello all! First time with DCL, but have cruised many times on other cruise lines. I'm trying to figure out how to accommodate my desire for wine with dinner, even though DW won't be drinking any with me. Would appreciate any tips anyone can give:

1) On other cruise lines, if I bring my own wine and pay the corkage fee, the server will re-cork the bottle and save it for the next evening. I'll show up to dinner the next night and my wine will be on the table. Is this the case with Disney too? Even with Rotational dining?
2) If I don't take my own, does DCL have a pretty good wine selection for buying by the glass? I really only need a glass or two every evening, so buying by the glass might be the best option.
3) are the servers knowledgeable at all about what of the wine offerings will pair with the food on the menu? Or is there a sommelier readily available?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton
Hello all! First time with DCL, but have cruised many times on other cruise lines. I'm trying to figure out how to accommodate my desire for wine with dinner, even though DW won't be drinking any with me. Would appreciate any tips anyone can give:

1) On other cruise lines, if I bring my own wine and pay the corkage fee, the server will re-cork the bottle and save it for the next evening. I'll show up to dinner the next night and my wine will be on the table. Is this the case with Disney too? Even with Rotational dining?
2) If I don't take my own, does DCL have a pretty good wine selection for buying by the glass? I really only need a glass or two every evening, so buying by the glass might be the best option.
3) are the servers knowledgeable at all about what of the wine offerings will pair with the food on the menu? Or is there a sommelier readily available?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
We bought the 7-night deluxe wine package on on recent Fantasy cruise. One night my sister and I couldn't finish the bottle of white we were splitting (the rest of the family only drinks red wine) and - even though there was just under a glass left in the bottle - they re-corked it and it followed us to the next dining room. They will do the same for any wine brought into the dining room as well.
Our assistant server did tease us a bit for wanting that 3/4 of a glass to follow us instead of drinking it then but that was just because of her relationship with us and not any unwillingness on her part to transfer the wine.

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. There are suggestions printed on the menu, the servers have suggestions, and there is a sommelier available for consultation. In Palo, the servers have regular classes on various wines on board, etc. Don't know if the regular servers have these same classes.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

We brought a 1.5 liter bottle of wine with us on our 7 day cruise. $20 corking fee and the bottle followed us night to night (rotational dining). We typically only drink 1 glass each per night.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
friends with mickey
DIS Veteran

If you bring your own wine to enjoy during your cruise in your stateroom or on your veranda, you can bring a glass to dinner with you. My wife and I have done this on both of our Disney cruises with no problems. Room service will bring you wine glasses or you can get them at any bar that serves wine. We asked if this was allowed prior to doing it and we were assured that it was acceptable. By the way our server was not bothered by this at all. In fact he discussed our wine choice with us each night. We went as far as returning any wine glasses borrowed from the bar back to the bartender. Have a wonderful cruise.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
klepton
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info everyone! Looks like my options are wide open! Which is what I should have expected I guess.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: