Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #31
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
Well, I went to the health services center on campus today, saw the NP and was promptly brushed off, told I have nothing to worry about and that I'm trying to put two-and-two together and it's all in my head. I went there because I had intense pain in my feet/legs as I was driving to school this morning (to the point of tears!), the swelling has spread to my lower legs, bruising and numbness still there.

I'm going to my GP tomorrow but am now...admittedly worried. The pain is tough and the instructions my NP gave today (alternating pain relievers and ice/heat and elevating legs), don't seem to really be helping. I'm torn about rushing to a late night urgent care center tonight or the ER but don't want to look like a fool if it really is nothing to worry about. Help!
From what you're describing I'd take the chance of looking like a fool. I'd rather that than the alternative, which put you in serious danger. Although, no one at the ER will think you're a fool with your symptoms. And even if they did, who cares. You'll never see them again. I'd definitely go if I were in your position. What can it hurt, really?
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #32
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Yep, time for an ER. Go, now. No more thinking about it, just go.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Yep, time for an ER. Go, now. No more thinking about it, just go.
I agree. I hope you went!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

ER...NOW...don't sleep on it, just go. If you were my daughter, I would be dragging you there myself; or nagging you until you went out of self-defense. If it turns out to be nothing, then good, but better safe than sorry.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Yes -- please go. Don't wait any longer especially since it seems the pain is now escalating. Anyone that makes you feel bad or dumb for coming in is a poor professional and I wouldn't hesitate to tell them so. Please update us and good luck!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
disneygirl90
Earning My Ears

OP, any updates? Hope all is well and everything checked out OK.

Last edited by disneygirl90; 11-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.
disneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #37
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Bumping for an update.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #38
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Did you go to the ER? Totally worth it even if it's nothing...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Bumping again for an update. :-)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #40
disneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Any updates? I hope you are okay.
disneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Looking for updates please!
honeydiane1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #42
keypooh90
Lovatic

Hi. I apologize for not updating earlier. I keep forgetting about this thread!

Anywho, I did go to the ER, and it was a good decision. By the time I decided to go, I couldn't walk at all. The pain was unbearably awful. My friend took me and I literally rolled out of the house in an office/desk chair and then hobbled into the car. It was ROUGH.

Turns out it was a good thing I went, and things could have been bad if I didn't so thanks for the convincing.

I've actually got several issues going on, ranging from mild to more serious. The least serious one is tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet (like carpal tunnel...related to my past injuries), the treatment for that is special orthotics/braces, NSAIDs and cortisone shots.

I did/do have a DVT/clot in my left leg, which is the one where the swelling was/is worst, but in addition, I have acute kidney disease. Docs highly suspect/believe the DVT and kidney issues are due to Lupus. I actually suspected I had Lupus a few years ago but I was told I didn't "fit" the typical lupus patient profile.

So, I was admitted and am being treated for the kidney issue and the DVT as well as high blood pressure (never had it before but it's related to the kidneys). Hope I get out soon. Anyone have experience with Lupus?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Thank you for the update. Wow, so glad you went, that sounds very serious. I hope you get the medical attention you need so you can get home asap. Sorry it resulted in a hospital stay. Feel better and get well.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #44
Piper
DIS Veteran

I have had Lupus since my early 20's (actually doctors suspect that I had it as a teen but it wasn't diagnosed until my daughter was a year old.) Unfortunately there is no "one size fits all" as far as it is concerned. What works for one will not work for another. I am 67 now (almost 68) and medicine has come so far in the years I have been dealing with it! Just follow your doctors instructions.....unfortunately most of what you hear might not apply to you. To me the main thing is to maintain a positive attitude and keep moving as much as you can!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
Hi. I apologize for not updating earlier. I keep forgetting about this thread!

Anywho, I did go to the ER, and it was a good decision. By the time I decided to go, I couldn't walk at all. The pain was unbearably awful. My friend took me and I literally rolled out of the house in an office/desk chair and then hobbled into the car. It was ROUGH.

Turns out it was a good thing I went, and things could have been bad if I didn't so thanks for the convincing.

I've actually got several issues going on, ranging from mild to more serious. The least serious one is tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet (like carpal tunnel...related to my past injuries), the treatment for that is special orthotics/braces, NSAIDs and cortisone shots.

I did/do have a DVT/clot in my left leg, which is the one where the swelling was/is worst, but in addition, I have acute kidney disease. Docs highly suspect/believe the DVT and kidney issues are due to Lupus. I actually suspected I had Lupus a few years ago but I was told I didn't "fit" the typical lupus patient profile.

So, I was admitted and am being treated for the kidney issue and the DVT as well as high blood pressure (never had it before but it's related to the kidneys). Hope I get out soon. Anyone have experience with Lupus?
Wow! I'm so glad you decided to go. How long are they keeping you in the hospital? I don't have any first hand knowledge on lupus, but I'm familiar with blood clots. How are they treating that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: