Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #856
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OMG I am SOOOOO jealous that your doing the overnight thing. I was at Disneyland last year for One More Disney Day. It was INSANE!!! Crazy crowded, but such a cool memory. You... will... love... it.

When I was there last week I always had Stacey on when I was in the room."Two new castles... TWO!!!!" It reminded of the DIS.

What more to say about the Eugene meet other than I am your dreams came true.
Plus, once you accomplish your "Must Do Disney" item, everything else just becomes even more perfect.

Ah New Fantasyland. I totally got in to it in it's first soft opening on October 12. I was so excited too, mostly because it was so unexpected.

I agree that A) the LM queue is spectacular and B) the transition from land to sea on the ride is amazing.

I have to admit the Lefou's Brew is so much better than I thought it would be.

What a great MNSSHP. I loved the video. So great. You are adorable. That is all.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #857
enchantedrosex
Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

I LOL'd so hard at your encounter with Eugene's friend! How did that even come up in conversation?? Being friends with Eugene, I mean...
enchantedrosex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #858
Txshadow
Earning My Ears

I am loving the report and the video was BEYOND AH MAY ZING! Looking forward to more.

First Trip DW June 1977
Introducing hubby and first child to Disneyland Oct 1996
We are now a family of 4 DW Dec 1998
In-laws tag along DW Jan 2002
Early Christmas in DW Dec 2007
Hurricane Ike knocks out power for 17 days...run away to DW Sept 2008
20th Wedding Anniversary parents only first time staying on property DW-Coronado- Oct 2009
Last year was fun lets do it again DW-Coronado-Oct 2010
My baby is graduating from HS? Let's go to DW! Coronado-Dec 2011
Last time all 4 of us can be together at DW. Coronado-Sept 2012
Spring Break detour to Disneyland. March 2013
Parents only back to DW. POFQ-Sept 2013
25th Anniversary Trip to DW. CSR Sept 2014
Txshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #859
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!! I got to experience it in November and HOLY CRAP. I had no words. IT IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.

The queue for Ariel is INCREDIBLE. So many details AHHH.

Sleeping Beauty has like no representation in the parks. I might be wrong, but arent they adding a whole Sleeping Beauty float for the new parade in MK? At least thats something&

LeFous Brew is AMAZING, except I had it on the coldest night of the year (seemed like that anyways) in Florida and I just couldnt finish it because I was turning into an ice cube. I think it would be great on a hot summer day. I JUST CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT AGAIN!

The mirror IS LIKE THE COOLEST THING EVAH. That is Imagineering at its best.

Seriously, Enchanted Tales with Belle is& there arent words that can describe its amazingness. UGH it was so cool seeing the show and I got to be a part of it. One of the coolest things Disney has ever done, hands down.

Ok, um, THAT VIDEO WAS ALL KINDS OF PERFECTION. You did such a good job on it and I LOVED IT. You seemed SO happy and it was so cool to see everything through your eyes for 24 minutes. NOW I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN.
Yay, I'm glad you got to experience it early on as well!

I don't know. I haven't read much about that parade. I want to be surprised when I see it! I'm very excited they're gonna have a new one!

It got sooooooo cold on my trip too, I know what you mean! Being from up north you don't expect FL to be so cold in October/November but it definitely was!

I agree. The whole attraction is Imagineering at its best in my opinion. I'm so happy they went beyond the norm to create that attraction!

Thank you SO much! I'm glad you liked it. I was ridiculously happy so I'm glad that shined through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OMG I am SOOOOO jealous that your doing the overnight thing. I was at Disneyland last year for One More Disney Day. It was INSANE!!! Crazy crowded, but such a cool memory. You... will... love... it.

When I was there last week I always had Stacey on when I was in the room."Two new castles... TWO!!!!" It reminded of the DIS.

What more to say about the Eugene meet other than I am your dreams came true.
Plus, once you accomplish your "Must Do Disney" item, everything else just becomes even more perfect.

Ah New Fantasyland. I totally got in to it in it's first soft opening on October 12. I was so excited too, mostly because it was so unexpected.

I agree that A) the LM queue is spectacular and B) the transition from land to sea on the ride is amazing.

I have to admit the Lefou's Brew is so much better than I thought it would be.

What a great MNSSHP. I loved the video. So great. You are adorable. That is all.
I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT! I heard the crowds in WDW were not as bad as DL's on leap day so I hope it won't be THAT bad... but I don't even care when it comes down to it.

OMG I am so excited to see Stacey's new footage!!!!

That is so true! After that dream came true I was just in the best mood ever. Hopefully Eugene will come to the 24 hour event so I can see him again!

That's awesome!! I know what you mean about it being so unexpected. I was shocked!

Thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
I LOL'd so hard at your encounter with Eugene's friend! How did that even come up in conversation?? Being friends with Eugene, I mean...
When he was talking to me I noticed that he had something that said "Flynn Rider" on it and I was like I LOVE FLYNN RIDER/EUGENE and then he told me about his friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txshadow View Post
I am loving the report and the video was BEYOND AH MAY ZING! Looking forward to more.
Thank you so much!!! :D
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #860
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Wow, I don't know how I got so many chapters behind, but let's see if I can make my comments without having this be the longest post ever.

One of my favorite things about WDW is that no matter how old you are, or how long it has been since your first trip, there are things that you see/hear/smell that bring all of those memories from your childhood trips back to the surface, and it's like no time has passed at all.

I knew how the meeting Eugene thing eventually resolved itself, but I was seriously so upset for you while all that was happening and while reading through your update about it - being so excited and then literally walking into an empty room with absolutely no answers. Ugh.

I am terrible on Buzz too - like, legit awful, even when I try. I've heard Disneyland's version is MUCH better than WDW, so maybe I won't suck so badly on the West coast.

I have so many comments about MNSSHP, but basically I agree with every point you make. And it drives me CRAZY when I have friends who are there in the fall, but skip out on going because they think based on the name that it's just full of kid stuff. No, it's full of awesome, thank you very much.

That Toy Story section is freaking awesome. ASMovies is one of the resorts I've never been to, but I'm sure we'll stay there eventually!

So excited that you're stretching out your trip for the 24 hour day! Going down last year for Leap Day was one of the best spur-of-the-moment decisions I've ever made and truly one of my best days in Disney EVER. Watching the sun rise in the Magic Kingdom TWICE in one day at Disney? Priceless. If you have any questions about the experience, let me know!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MEETING EUGENE!!!! There really aren't any words to adequately describe the excitement of that situation, so I'm just going to leave it at that, haha.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY NEW FANTASYLAND!!!! (See above comment.)

My husband doesn't share my level of love and excitement over anything and everything Disney, but he at least knows enough never to say "What are we even doing here?" or anything remotely like that when we're in WDW, hahaha. To steal his tweet from the end of our first day in the parks this year: "It's been a long day. Totally worth it to see my wife happy." Yep, he's a keeper.

Again, it's just remarkable how much this whole area makes you feel like you are walking though the movie. It's so weird to have watched a film dozens and dozens of times over 20+ years and then be.... IN IT.
Yes yes yes. I still can't get over that with the BatB and LM areas in New Fantasyland. I will probably cry when I get to walk into the Tangled area.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #861
tiffany41108
Just the mama of a princess...

ugh. lia. y u so perfect?

seriously, even though I sound like a total creeper right now, we would totally be perfect friends.

your updates make me cry. the video made me cry. perfect.

1992ish - The Swan with the parentals/big bro
February 2012 - Family vacay @ AoA (LM)

Obsessed with the Mouse and Cincinnati sports.

tiffany41108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #862
akhwbj1
Earning My Ears

I have been lurking on here for a while now. I finally decided to comment lol. Your video has made me decide we just have to go to Disney during Halloween just for the party!
akhwbj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #863
littlemissjess
Earning My Ears

Aaaahhh! I am so excited for new fantasy land now! It looks beautiful.

I have been perfecting the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and fully plan on dancing down the street. I imagine it happening a lot like a musical where passers by just join in, because surely everyone knows the words!

I don't understand why this doesn't happen more often at Disney.

Are you super sure that it wasn't just Eugene? It seems weird that he would have gone to the party with Eugene (who would be working all night, so he would have been hanging out on his own..) AND he couldn't have said he worked as a character because obviously all the characters live at the castle and have parties and drink tea and such like.
littlemissjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #864
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

That sounds like just about the most perfect Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party EVER!!! Loved hearing about all your character interactions - you got to meet so many! And how exciting New Fantasyland was open!!

The video was adorable. And love that you met a friend of Eugene's on the bus back. What a perfect ending!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #865
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

OMG....awesome.
For some reason I didn't see all weekend that you had updated! I can't watch any of the vids at work, so I'll have to at home.

I've also decided that DH and I are going to read your TR together in prep for our trip, just because basically you write how I feel. And though he pretty much gets it, I don't think he gets it. You know?

Anyway...I LOVED this update! I can't wait to see New Fantasyland in 208 days! LOL....

Crap, I forgot what I was going to say...dammit.

Anyway, thanks for making my Monday morning magical!! I needed that! Can't wait for the next update!!

P.S. You costume rocks. I forgot to say earlier...

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #866
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Hey Lia! Still here reading every update even if I haven't commented much lately. You know how "Real Life Land" can be. (I love Disney so much I named my regular life a land so I can have the magic with me at all times.)

First, I totally agree with you...the cost of Disney becomes a non-issue when compared to all the memories you get to make and treasure for a lifetime!!! This is what really separates the ones that "get it" from those that don't. Any place that can transform my DH (the world's most serious realist) from "Why don't we go somewhere else next year" to "Let's stay at the Yacht club next time!!!!!" is simply priceless!

We love ASMovies too. The huge icons and pools there are so fun. Andy's Rm looks amazing, so glad you loved staying there.

EEEEeeeee!!! I'm so glad you finally got to meet Eugene. I was as frustrated as you and I wasn't even there. But then it was better than you ever dreamed! It's just that when you're in Disney dreams really do come true, day after day, one after another and when they occasionally don't, it's like, WHAT???!!! Then you have to pull yourself together until pixiedust is sprinkled your way again. And it always is! You can just see it in the happiness on your face. BEST NIGHT EVER.

Deserted Fantasyland!!!! (I know, I use too many !!!s) I love FPs and all but when there's no wait it's so fun to stroll through the cues and see all of the details. Thanks for sharing them.

Can't wait 'til you're back making memories in the World.
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #867
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

It's getting closer...

It's getting closer...
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #868
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

TLM was my second favorite movie growing up .... your description of the ride makes me so excited! The whole NFL area just gives me chills and warm fuzzies all at once.

BUT .... I did not listen to your warnings and read through your ETWB experience. OMG. *%^$(*)U#ROIJGOIU)(#%$W*(T OMG. I HAVE TO DO THIS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET PICKED. Seriously. If I have to do the attraction multiple times I will. I'll send the DBF to go get himself a turkey leg or something if he gets bored. That picture montage and write up just bumped ETWB to the top of the 'absolutely-completely-1000%-necessary' list.

and way too funny about meeting Eugene's friend. Only you. You should've proposed to him .....
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #869
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Lia. First off I cannot explain to you how happy I am that you're coming to Disney. Moving to Disney has obviously been the best thing that has ever happened to me and you know that. But you also know that reality has seeped in and that I've been dealing with a lot of sadness because of the consequences of distance and such.

But reading about your night at MNSSHP is encouraging. I need my spark back. And girl, you just might have enough spark to kick me back into gear here. Your whole night was magical. They way you view Disney is magical. It's not an "everyday" to you but it's special. And I know that it's like that for me too, but I'm letting reality control me right now. GAHH I hate it and I don't want it to.. but it is.

I just wanted to say thank you for writing. Thank you for giving me hope that the next few weeks are going to make me happy again. #BirthdayFestivus13 better be FREAKIN' GREAT because I'm so ready to be my old self again.

And also.... the fact that you met Eugene's friend MAKES MY LIFE. Sometimes those kind of meetings are more magical. And I don't know why.

And I want to meet that Ariel. SO BAD. She sounds amazing.

So yeah. Thank you. I can't wait until you're here!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #870
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Wow, I don't know how I got so many chapters behind, but let's see if I can make my comments without having this be the longest post ever.

One of my favorite things about WDW is that no matter how old you are, or how long it has been since your first trip, there are things that you see/hear/smell that bring all of those memories from your childhood trips back to the surface, and it's like no time has passed at all.

I knew how the meeting Eugene thing eventually resolved itself, but I was seriously so upset for you while all that was happening and while reading through your update about it - being so excited and then literally walking into an empty room with absolutely no answers. Ugh.

I am terrible on Buzz too - like, legit awful, even when I try. I've heard Disneyland's version is MUCH better than WDW, so maybe I won't suck so badly on the West coast.

I have so many comments about MNSSHP, but basically I agree with every point you make. And it drives me CRAZY when I have friends who are there in the fall, but skip out on going because they think based on the name that it's just full of kid stuff. No, it's full of awesome, thank you very much.

That Toy Story section is freaking awesome. ASMovies is one of the resorts I've never been to, but I'm sure we'll stay there eventually!

So excited that you're stretching out your trip for the 24 hour day! Going down last year for Leap Day was one of the best spur-of-the-moment decisions I've ever made and truly one of my best days in Disney EVER. Watching the sun rise in the Magic Kingdom TWICE in one day at Disney? Priceless. If you have any questions about the experience, let me know!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MEETING EUGENE!!!! There really aren't any words to adequately describe the excitement of that situation, so I'm just going to leave it at that, haha.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY NEW FANTASYLAND!!!! (See above comment.)

My husband doesn't share my level of love and excitement over anything and everything Disney, but he at least knows enough never to say "What are we even doing here?" or anything remotely like that when we're in WDW, hahaha. To steal his tweet from the end of our first day in the parks this year: "It's been a long day. Totally worth it to see my wife happy." Yep, he's a keeper.

Again, it's just remarkable how much this whole area makes you feel like you are walking though the movie. It's so weird to have watched a film dozens and dozens of times over 20+ years and then be.... IN IT.
Yes yes yes. I still can't get over that with the BatB and LM areas in New Fantasyland. I will probably cry when I get to walk into the Tangled area.
Ahh it's so true. I hope that feeling never goes away! I don't think it will.

I know It was just so unlike Disney for something like that to happen. Thank God I got to go again the next night or I'd probably STILL be annoyed about it.

That's good. I've heard a lot of rides in Disneyland are better, like Pirates. I can't wait to see all of it someday! Hopefully I will get to go next year.

It IS full of awesome! What a great way to describe MNSSHP. I love it.

You should stay there! It's great. Like I said my only complaint about the All Stars is how far they are from most things but if you have a car it's not as big of a deal.

I remember your video! I don't think we'll be going in the morning when it opens... maybe. But we are definitely going overnight and I can't WAIT for that. I will keep you in mind if I have any questions, Thank you!

IT'S TRUE. I don't even know how I find the words to write about these things sometimes.

OMG I love your husband for that. You can tell he just wants to see a smile on your face! That's awesome. If I ever get married it *has* to be to someone like that if it isn't someone who totally obsesses over Disney too. I hate when guys are so intolerant of it and annoyed about going.

I will DEFINITELY cry when I see that Tangled area. Obviously I have detailed my level of Tangled obsession so I can't even imagine it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany41108 View Post
ugh. lia. y u so perfect?

seriously, even though I sound like a total creeper right now, we would totally be perfect friends.

your updates make me cry. the video made me cry. perfect.
It's okay, I understand! I've read TRs like that before and now I am friends with some of those people hahaha.

Thank you!!!!!!! I am so happy you enjoyed them so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhwbj1 View Post
I have been lurking on here for a while now. I finally decided to comment lol. Your video has made me decide we just have to go to Disney during Halloween just for the party!
Not *JUST* for the party, although that would be worth it. Remember: Food & Wine goes on around that time too! With this combination, no other time of year could possibly as good. I hope you go and have an amazing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissjess View Post
Aaaahhh! I am so excited for new fantasy land now! It looks beautiful.

I have been perfecting the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and fully plan on dancing down the street. I imagine it happening a lot like a musical where passers by just join in, because surely everyone knows the words!

I don't understand why this doesn't happen more often at Disney.

Are you super sure that it wasn't just Eugene? It seems weird that he would have gone to the party with Eugene (who would be working all night, so he would have been hanging out on his own..) AND he couldn't have said he worked as a character because obviously all the characters live at the castle and have parties and drink tea and such like.
You should be! It's beyond.

You go girl! One should dance down the street in Disney at LEAST once if not multiple times.

I don't understand it either!

Well technically only Cinderella and her Prince live at the castle. The other characters travel from their respective homes - Aladdin and Jasmine are from Agrahbah, Pooh is from the Hundred Acre Wood, etc. Trust me... he was Eugene's friend in that he looked like Eugene, spoke like Eugene, hangs out with Eugene in the parks often... if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
That sounds like just about the most perfect Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party EVER!!! Loved hearing about all your character interactions - you got to meet so many! And how exciting New Fantasyland was open!!

The video was adorable. And love that you met a friend of Eugene's on the bus back. What a perfect ending!
It really was. I loved all the characters so much! I can't wait to meet even more when I go NEXT WEEK!! Ahh.

Thank you so much. It really was the best ending possible. And the funniest.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: