Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #61
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha we always have to take the earliest flight to Disney too! Why miss a minute of the arrival day that you don't have to???

Yay for FB'ing with Stacey before your trip!!! Too bad that Lee-Ann wasn't begging to watch her 18 times in a row though!!!
I agree! When people leave at like 4pm or something I'm like WHAT are you doing. I mean, for starters... I'd go insane from waiting all day to go to the airport.

It's ok... not all people accept Stacey into their lives right away, but I do believe she is on the path to enlightenment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I am completely with you on the earliest flight.

Hula Timon is so handsome/pretty. I've enjoyed reading about him/her in your other trip reports too! And yay for getting bumped up the the 60's section!
Right? It just makes sense.

Hula Timon is definitely pretty AND handsome. But more pretty... because of the flower in his hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Ok, your Jolly Holiday bow is like the best thing ever.

And your Mickey sweatshirt Hula Timon is sitting on is the second best thing ever.

I love the shirt you got. And really the characters riding the monorail?! LOVE.

Lee-Anne didn’t like Stacey?!?!?! I’m sorry, but HOW DO YOU NOT LOVE STACEY?!
Thank you! I love them. I got the sweatshirt at H&M a few years ago. They jumped on the whole Disney thing before Forever 21 and had much cooler stuff, imo!

I don't think it's that she didn't like her... but I don't know. I can't comprehend any other feeling toward Stacey but complete love and admiration, so I just don't even know. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great update! I almost always end up buying a kids size shirt when I buy t-shirts in Disney World. The adult small ones are HUGE sometimes!! I don't like wearing t-shirts than hang down to my knees and give me no shape whatsoever, thanks, Disney!

Yay for being bumped to Preferred! Room upgrades are always a nice way to kick off a Disney trip.

Shocked that Lee-Anne did not appreciate Stacey! I remember the first time we stayed offsite at our timeshare, we turned on the TV not expecting to see her since we were not a Disney resort, but there she was. I literally said, "*GASP* WE GET STACEY HERE!"
Right? It's kinda awesome though cause I tend to like the kid's shirts more sometimes! Just b/c I am a kid on the inside and desperately need over the top Disney t-shirts. :D

Isn't it wonderful? Ahh. It's so perfect getting your room request! I was so thankful!

YES, I've heard that she's at the offsite hotels as well. THANK GOD. If I ever stay offsite again, that will be a very welcome comfort. I hate all TVs that don't play Stacey, honestly.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #62
Angebee
Mouseketeer

We have to leave as early as possible, too. Maximum Disney exposure is IMPORTANT!! And don't feel so bad about living with parents. I still rent from mine, too.

'Prince Charming in Training', I love it!! Too bad all the little boys I know are more like... Flynn Rider or Mater in training. And I love the Hula Timon. Did you bring him into the parks with you? I used the Woody doll I won at Disneyland to help fight off Zurg at Buzz Lightyear last summer. He's looking for a Round 2.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #63
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I usually pick the earliest flights because they are the cheapest. It's just a bonus that it gets me more time at Disney.

I have a love/hate relationship with Stacey. She really bothers me, but for some reason I can't help but watch her when I'm there. It's like a disease.
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #64
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post
We have to leave as early as possible, too. Maximum Disney exposure is IMPORTANT!! And don't feel so bad about living with parents. I still rent from mine, too.

'Prince Charming in Training', I love it!! Too bad all the little boys I know are more like... Flynn Rider or Mater in training. And I love the Hula Timon. Did you bring him into the parks with you? I used the Woody doll I won at Disneyland to help fight off Zurg at Buzz Lightyear last summer. He's looking for a Round 2.
haha thanks. I don't feel that bad about it, but I do feel extreme anger toward the human sound machine AKA my dad. HE IS SO LOUD. lol.

Yes, Hula Timon demands lots of park action. He just loves Disney World. Though it did taper off once I got further into the trip because it's really hard to smuggle a meerkat into the parks! That's awesome that Woody helped defeat Zurg. Buzz would be proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I usually pick the earliest flights because they are the cheapest. It's just a bonus that it gets me more time at Disney.

I have a love/hate relationship with Stacey. She really bothers me, but for some reason I can't help but watch her when I'm there. It's like a disease.
Ahh they are usually NOT the cheapest from my neck of the woods. It's frustrating, but so worth it for the extra Disney time!

That means that you really do LOVE her. If you didn't, you wouldn't watch. Trust me... even Stacey haters secretly love Stacey. She is just a part of all our lives at this point.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #65
lisatav
Mouseketeer

It's always the most difficult to sleep the night before Disney isn't it!? I absolutely love that you mentioned John Green! I love his novels but more so his youtube videos. The Fault in Our Stars is amazing, with Looking for Alaska being my second favorite. If you haven't read it, try Will Grayson, will grayson. Its wonderful too!

Our Vacation Video- July 2013- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZb5ySFhB8
My WDW trips
1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, & 2002- OFF
Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
April 2007- Coronado Springs
Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
Aug 2009- POFQ
Jan. 2010- Pop Century
Jan 2012- Pop
Dec 12/Jan 13- Pop
July 2013-POR-Royal Room
Oct. 2013- OFF, MK + EP
lisatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #66
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Joining in
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #67
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

So I blame you for not getting laundry folded and the dishes washed. You know, all those things a responsible mom would have done today! LOL I just got caught up on your December 2011 TR and started this one! Yipeee! I hope I can convince my husband to return in Octover for MNSSHP and all the fall decorations!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #68
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great update!! I love drag queens!!! HT is too cute. Can't wait till you get to the parks. I totally do the same thing with the early flights. -Amanda
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

WAKE UP LIA!!!!

I LOVE the Jolly Holiday bow! I have the mini Mary one but I want the Bert too! And like all of them but that's not important right now.

I'm so glad the plane didn't crash.

Love the shirt! The obnoxious character explosion t-shirt is definitely a staple for any Disney fan.

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT! Oh my goodness. This is making me so happy!

Ya know, Pop is the only Value that I have not stayed at yet! Wait just kidding, AoA exists now. Whatever. Pop is so cute though! I mean... play doh and the phrase "Peace Man" in ginormous letters. Does it get better than that?

Aw, I'm sure Lee-Anne will understand the greatness of Stacey someday. Or maybe she won't. My sister is the same way. She likes to watch like... SHOWS at night at Disney. It's just weird.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #70
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Everything is looking GREAT so far! We pink sparkly heart the 60's section at POP! LOVED it last year! My daughter loves Pop because of the yo-yo staircases in the 60's section... She literally cried because we are staying at AKL/CSR this year. Holy massive check in line though - ick! Glad you did online check in!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #71
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We drive down and my husband actually suggested leaving a day early and driving to Jax so we can get to Disney super early! (huge shocker...he pretends to dislike Dsney and then proposes early arrival....) the more time at the resort, hotel, anywhere on Disney property, the better! Loving the report so far. Can't wait for the rest! That handsome devil HT is nice to look at too!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ

Last edited by lovingeire; 11-13-2012 at 06:36 AM.
lovingeire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #72
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Joining... a bit late but better than never! Can't wait to go back and read!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #73
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I live with my parents too! Human alarms... so annoying, but they get the job done! (Seriously though, I regularly sleep through non-human alarms, so I really need that human alarm to get me out of bed some mornings!)

I loved TFIOS! I really want to read Looking for Alaska, but there's so many books and only so much time. I always bring extra books (or ebooks) on trips, but I can never concentrate on them once I'm in Disney.

OHMYGOD that onesie is ADORABLE. I work in the kids section of a department store and we sell Disney baby/toddler/kids clothes, and it takes all of my willpower to not buy all of them, even though I don't know anyone who has a baby.

I am envious that you can fit into child sizes. If I could, I would probably buy all of the Disney clothes that we sell at work.

Everything's so bright and sunshiny in your pictures! And the colorfulness of Pop Century just makes it so much better!

Ugh. My boyfriend had a similar sentiment in regards to Stacey when we went back in May. We don't speak of it.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #74
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatav View Post
It's always the most difficult to sleep the night before Disney isn't it!? I absolutely love that you mentioned John Green! I love his novels but more so his youtube videos. The Fault in Our Stars is amazing, with Looking for Alaska being my second favorite. If you haven't read it, try Will Grayson, will grayson. Its wonderful too!
Yes it is! Glad to see another John Green fan here! I definitely am planning to read all his books, so I'll definitely check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in
Hi! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
So I blame you for not getting laundry folded and the dishes washed. You know, all those things a responsible mom would have done today! LOL I just got caught up on your December 2011 TR and started this one! Yipeee! I hope I can convince my husband to return in Octover for MNSSHP and all the fall decorations!
LOL WHAT. Gorl, I ain't no one's mama. Yay, thanks for checking out my other one and this TR too! I really hope your husband wants to go, it's just the perfect time to visit Disney in my opinion. If MNSSHP doesn't do it, tell him all about Food & Wine, I'm sure that'll help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great update!! I love drag queens!!! HT is too cute. Can't wait till you get to the parks. I totally do the same thing with the early flights. -Amanda
Thank you! I too love drag queens. How can ya not?

I'll tell HT you said that! I'm sure he'll be very appreciative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
WAKE UP LIA!!!!

I LOVE the Jolly Holiday bow! I have the mini Mary one but I want the Bert too! And like all of them but that's not important right now.

I'm so glad the plane didn't crash.

Love the shirt! The obnoxious character explosion t-shirt is definitely a staple for any Disney fan.

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT! Oh my goodness. This is making me so happy!

Ya know, Pop is the only Value that I have not stayed at yet! Wait just kidding, AoA exists now. Whatever. Pop is so cute though! I mean... play doh and the phrase "Peace Man" in ginormous letters. Does it get better than that?

Aw, I'm sure Lee-Anne will understand the greatness of Stacey someday. Or maybe she won't. My sister is the same way. She likes to watch like... SHOWS at night at Disney. It's just weird.
GAH!!!!!!!

YES I want sooo many of them. I would buy more but I'm trying to be more practical about stuff like that and I just don't know when I'm going to have time to wear all these bows. It's actually really hard to match them to outfits unless you're dressing as the character.

Same!

Thanks! I agree. It's a MUST-DO kinda shirt. Stacey has several, I'm sure.

Yeah, I love it so much. It's like falling into a giant toy box and I appreciate that. I have such a giant crush on AoA right now though, after visiting last month I am DYING to stay there. Plus it's only a 5 minute walk over to Pop so it's like staying at both!

It was disconcerting watching normal TV in Disney. I was just like... what is this, I don't get it, no one is screaming TEST TRACK BABY, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Everything is looking GREAT so far! We pink sparkly heart the 60's section at POP! LOVED it last year! My daughter loves Pop because of the yo-yo staircases in the 60's section... She literally cried because we are staying at AKL/CSR this year. Holy massive check in line though - ick! Glad you did online check in!
Thank you! I'm glad you guys love Pop too. Aww, I understand her plight! I would miss Pop very much too if I didn't stay there for at least part of the trip. Though I am sure she will fall in love with your other resorts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We drive down and my husband actually suggested leaving a day early and driving to Jax so we can get to Disney super early! (huge shocker...he pretends to dislike Disney and then proposes early arrival....) the more time at the resort, hotel, anywhere on Disney property, the better! Loving the report so far. Can't wait for the rest! That handsome devil HT is nice to look at too!
hahaha that is so true! I hope you do leave early, that would be perfect!

Thank you so much! I let Hula Timon know you said that. He'll just love that this is MY trip report and everyone is talking about him! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Joining... a bit late but better than never! Can't wait to go back and read!!!
YAY! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I live with my parents too! Human alarms... so annoying, but they get the job done! (Seriously though, I regularly sleep through non-human alarms, so I really need that human alarm to get me out of bed some mornings!)

I loved TFIOS! I really want to read Looking for Alaska, but there's so many books and only so much time. I always bring extra books (or ebooks) on trips, but I can never concentrate on them once I'm in Disney.

OHMYGOD that onesie is ADORABLE. I work in the kids section of a department store and we sell Disney baby/toddler/kids clothes, and it takes all of my willpower to not buy all of them, even though I don't know anyone who has a baby.

I am envious that you can fit into child sizes. If I could, I would probably buy all of the Disney clothes that we sell at work.

Everything's so bright and sunshiny in your pictures! And the colorfulness of Pop Century just makes it so much better!

Ugh. My boyfriend had a similar sentiment in regards to Stacey when we went back in May. We don't speak of it.
Haha, well I guess in your case the human alarms come in handy! In mine, not so much! I'm like... Dad, I love you. But shut up. PLEASE.

Gah I know what you mean, my "to read" list is endless, but right now I'm focused on John Green cause I just loved Stars so much. You should definitely read Alaska asap, it's so great and has a few more layers on Stars. I still preferred Stars, but Alaska's amazing too.

I always want to buy adorable Disney clothes for my "future children" (I actually did buy Minnie Mouse baby shoes once and I have them in my closet LOL) but I mean, I don't really need to be spending money to lug around clothes that won't get used for years.

I can't really fit into normal child sizes most of the time, but some of the Disney kids sizes are a lot bigger than usual!

Ahh I agree! That's one of the reasons I love the resort so much, it's just naturally bright & cheery!

Oh noooo. I don't think I could date someone who didn't love Stacey. That would be a dealbreaker for me. There's only so much I can handle!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #75
angelsmith52
Mouseketeer

loving your report so far!!!

------------------------------------------------------
1977- first trip to Disney off property. Don't remember much except the sky buckets and NOT being able to ride Dumbo!!, 1985- All Star Music- went with a friend and her son, 2008- All Star Music-First Family trip, 2012- Art of Animation- SURPRISE Christmas Trip
angelsmith52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: