Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #691
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

OCTOBER 25, 2012
Day 5, Part 4 In Which My Costume Is So Perfect That I'm Just Going To Blatantly Brag About How Amazing It Is

Back in our Pop room, I discovered a new towel animal... or clown... or person... of some kind.

It/he/she was very cute! I love the heart dimples!

Hula Timon was resting. He had opted out of park touring in favor of going over to Animal Kingdom and hanging out with Pumbaa over at the safari. It had been a tiring day!

I tried not to freak out about the fact that we wouldn't get to MNSSHP an hour before it started like I had planned.

As you know, I am an obsessive Disney planner. I have been fantasizing about what my experience at MNSSHP would be like one day. Some girls pour over the details of their future wedding. Not so much me. I did that with MNSSHP. I was a MNSSHPzilla, if you will.

I just REALLY REALLY wanted to see and do all the things I had been dreaming about all these years. I never expect things to go perfectly, but I thought I had a pretty foolproof plan that could not go wrong.

Here is what I had mapped out for us:

-Get there about an hour before the party officially begins and go to Town Square to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the Prince and Princesses. Princes are only out with their Princesses during special occasions, and one of the things I was most looking forward to out of EVERYTHING on the whole trip was finally meeting my true love, Eugene Fitzherbert. You have no idea how important this was to me, but I will get more into that later.
-Circulate the park trick or treating and meeting other characters - the priority being those who can only be found at the parties such as Gaston, Abu & Genie who are not usually out with Aladdin and Jasmine, Pooh characters in their Halloween finest, Philip who is not usually out with Aurora, Tarzan & Jane & Turk, etc.
-HalloWishes at 9:30
-Go to Frontierland/Liberty Square area to get the perfect Boo To You parade spot for a flawless viewing experience - ESPECIALLY OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN, parade is at 10:30
-Villians Show at 11:15
-Do whatever we missed until party ends at midnight.

I just wanted to let go and enjoy myself and not be like OH MY GOD WE'RE MISSING IT ALL IS NOT GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN. However, this was really hard for me b/c there are a LOT of MNSSHP-specific things I wanted to do and see, and at the time I thought this would be my only chance after YEARS of waiting. I mean, I had thought about this for so long.

I just tried to accept that everything wouldn't get done and decided to just enjoy whatever did end up happening. It was going to be amazing no matter what. So we cranked up some Hanson songs and got to work on our hair and make-up.

We had a great time taking our time getting ready while listening to our favorite band. Hanson always helps calm me down when I'm stressed! Some people take a klonopin. I spin a record. Or in this case, hit play on Lee-Anne's iPhone.
Sure enough, I looked out the window after awhile and THE RAIN HAD STOPPED!!!

Oh thank GOD.

You have NO idea how relieved I was. Still kinda upset that we were late, but things were going in the right direction!

Once I was all dressed and ready, Lee-Anne was like "AGGGGHHHH!!!!!! YOU LOOK SO GOOD!!!!" Which made me smile really big.

I was very, very proud of this costume! It ended up coming out PERFECTLY. I didn't think it would be as good as it turned out. In fact, I even did a post on my last TR before we left about how the costume wasn't coming together as well as I had wanted, but that I didn't care because I just wanted to have fun. However... I ended up loving this costume basically more than any other I had ever worn.

My initial idea was to go as Rapunzel (aka: my favorite princess and Soul Sister), but I didn't want to wear a crappy wig, and the good wigs were like $500, and who wants to have that big heavy thing on their head at a theme park anyway?! I thought about being brunette Rapunzel, but I just love her long flowery braid so much.

So I thought hard and long about who/what I wanted to go as. There were several important factors:

1. It had to be a Disney themed costume.

2. There was no way I was going as something that tons of other people would be going as, nor would I buy a packaged, pre-made costume. No offense to any of you that do this, really, to each their own. But honestly trust me as someone who managed a Halloween store for 2 seasons. You are buying the crappiest quality of clothing you can possibly find. The mark-up is atrocious. Not only that, but you're going to look like thousands or millions of other people in those, and I like to be as original I can with these things.

3. Above all else, it had to be comfortable. Of course, I wanted to look amazing, but what is the point of looking like a million bucks if you feel like a crumpled up wet single? Honestly.

These 3 factors combined plus my obsessive need to have the best MNSSHP ever really made the choice tricky. I just kept thinking SIMPLE. Simple, simple, simple. When it comes to fashion, to me, the answer is always in simplicity. ESPECIALLY when you are going to be walking around a hot theme park for hours.

I considered Minnie Mouse, but that kind of broke the #2 rule. I knew mass amounts of girls would do this costume, so I tried to think of a unique spin on Minnie.

And then it came to me. I wouldn't go as Minnie Mouse. DUH. I would go with the boss. The king of it all. The main man. MICKEY MOUSE!

983402938 other girls showed up to MNSSHP as Minnie Mouse. I saw countless amounts of them at all three parties I went to.

But did any of them show up as MICKEY Mouse?

Nope.

Not a one.

Except me!

Ladies and gentlemen, I went to three Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties and not ONCE did I see a girl dressed as Mickey. I saw a few guys and some little boys, but no GIRLS as Mickey! I was so happy I thought of such a simple and obvious idea, but yet no one else was doing it!

In August, I started getting everything together for my Mickey Mouse costume. I wanted to do Mickey's fancier look, with the tuxedo coat. I decided there would be LOTS of sequins and glitter involved, that it would be a very jazzed up version of Mickey. Like, if someone was tap dancing in a Broadway show as Mickey Mouse, it wouldn't be cartoony with whiskers and a tail, it would be snazzy and shiny and covered in sequins!

Here is what I pulled together by October:

Yay!! I was so happy with this! It was SO comfortable yet looked like I was ready to put on a show. So rarely am I happy with both the look AND feel of a costume. I was on cloud nine!

The elements of this costume were: a black sparkly tank top I've had forever, plus the tuxedo coat and sequin bow tie which I bought on Ebay.

The tuxedo jacket actually didn't button, the buttons were there for show. I didn't like how it looked hanging open, so my solution was to get a large safety pin, color it black with a Sharpie, and use that to hold the coat together. It worked perfectly!

The bow tie was also an issue because the sequins were so heavy that they weighed the bow down and it would face down when it was on my neck. I was so annoyed and had no idea how to fix it. My mom ended up coming up with putting a Q TIP inside the front of it to make it stand at attention! I never would have thought of that. Thank you, Mom!

For the bottoms, I bought red sequin shorts. When they arrived in the mail, I tried them on and WHOA. These were glorified underwear. There was no way I could wear these in public, especially to a place where children are, LOL. So I cut them into four pieces and sewed the panels onto these shiny black shorts I've had for awhile but rarely wore. Then, I went to JoAnn Fabrics and got big white buttons to sew on the front. I wore plain black tights underneath, and bought the yellow sneakers from Amazon.

The icing on the cake were the plain mouse ears I bought at the Halloween store I was helping to run at the time. Did you notice Minnie ears are everywhere, but ones without a bow are harder to find? Hmm.

For my make-up I just did a basic look but with tons of glitter! The glitter got more serious at the 2nd and 3rd parties I went to. I actually like my make-up from those nights much more, but you'll see during those updates!

Lee-Anne went as Cleopatra!!

It was a really pretty costume! I loved the sequins! We actually saw a ton of other people wearing her costume, but I thought she looked the best. I may be a bit biased though due to the whole BFF thing.

She copied her make-up from Elizabeth Taylor's in Cleopatra. I thought she looked beautiful!

So, after we take these pictures and we're walking to the elevator, Lee-Anne says to me, "You have your ticket, right?" and in my head I'm like "Yeah, of course." But she meant my SEPARATE MNSSHP ticket, which I did NOT have! So we went back to the room.

WHEW! Thank God she said that. THANK YOU LEE-ANNE!

As soon as I got off the elevator and started walking through Pop, I felt like a celebrity. Everyone was staring and pointing at me and people kept telling me how much they loved my costume. I mean sure, I thought a few people here and there might say they liked it, but almost everyone in the bus line was commenting and asking questions! I never expected that kind of reaction, but it continued throughout all the parties I went to. It made me feel so special! All that sewing BY HAND that I did paid off. I WAS SO HAPPY.

Here's Mickey and Cleopatra on the bus!

At this point I was over the moon with excitement, bouncing around on the bus and just not being able to sit still or stop talking about how happy I was. I feel like it took forever to get there but I think it was just because the anticipation had been building inside of me for years, so it kind of did.

Obviously I feel extreme glee when it comes to going to a Disney park at any time for any reason, but I can not stress enough how much 1. I love Halloween & 2. How long I had been waiting to finally do MNSSHP. Like, it was literally my dream coming true.

Up Next: MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #692
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

OCTOBER 25, 2012
Day 5, Part 5 In Which I AM FINALLY AT MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived at the Kingdom a little before 8pm, and EVERYTHING WAS SO AWESOME AND SPOOOOOOKY!!!!!!! AHH.

We quickly got in the security line, and then the line to get in, which kind of took awhile. This is NOT the time to get to MNSSHP, folks, you should get there early. However, there was something fun about arriving when everything was at its peak, you know? People everywhere in costumes, music pumped up, smoke everywhere, everything lit in a spooky way... this just made me EVEN MORE excited. I was just jumping up and down like I was walking across hot coals. I could not keep my feet on the ground. OH MY GOD.

Like 39802398 more people told me they loved my costume and this is when Cast Members started addressing me directly as Mickey. I LOVED THIS SO MUCH.

We got in line to get our Trick or Treat bags, wristbands, and maps. YAY!

Despite the huge crowd, I was impressed with the way the CMs handled passing everything out. Those lines went very quickly, AND THEN WE WERE AT MICKEY'S FREAKING NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking under the train station, passed the Coming Attractions posters and onto Main Street was honestly one of the biggest moments of excitement I have ever felt!

That right there is the only picture I have of the two of us together in our costumes without characters in the shot, and look how it came out! UGH. Still, with the crappy quality, you can see how happy and fabulous we look. So it's all good.

It was pretty crowded (in fact, I think this night was the most crowded of all 3 parties I went to), and tons of people were lined up for the first showing of the Boo To You Parade, so I was glad my plan was to do character greetings first, and hoped the lines would be shorter since so many people were waiting for the parade. I was still sad that we got the party late, but I was just so excited to be there that I really didn't care.

The first order of business: Show my costume to the big guy and his lovely lady, and then MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, MR. EUGENE FITZHERBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and some princesses and other princes. Or something. But basically, Eugene.

My plan was paying off (or so it seemed) - both lines were super short. Mickey & Minnie's wait was listed at 10 minutes, and the Princess & Prince line was only 15!

First, we got in line for Mickey and Minnie. Even though I was DYING to finally meet my beloved Prince Eugene, I knew I had to meet the boss first. I mean, I was dressed as The Mouse himself... HE NEEDED TO SEE THIS!!!!

The wait a bit longer than advertised, probably about 20 minutes or so. It was fine, because the line was actually MOVING. Keep this in mind for later, because lines don't always move... as we would soon discover.

Our wristbands!

I LOVED the trick or treat bags because they had Frankenweenie on them!! I am the biggest Tim Burton fan and I LOVE that movie so even just that little thing made me freak out!!!

YAY! Wreck-It Ralph was on the other side, which at that time was not out yet, but I was so looking forward to seeing it!

I know I sound like a broken record but I can not even describe to you how excited I was in this moment. I was jumping up and down in line nearly the entire time. I was tearing up. I was just SO EXCITED.

I still get SO PUMPED to meet Mickey Mouse. I seriously don't care how ridiculous I look as an adult being more excited than the children. Every time I see Mickey, I cry. It just happens, there's really nothing I can do. It means more to me than most people can possibly imagine, and here I was, finally at MNSSHP, dressed like my favorite character in the world, about to meet him. It was just really, really special to me.

As we entered the room where you meet Master Magician Mickey Mouse, we took a ton of pictures! I love all the props in here. The theme is that Mickey is a traveling magician, and just like everything else at Disney, they go all out to make that theme a reality!

I loved this trunk that had a bunch of stamps on it from where Mickey had traveled. It is my dream to somehow get into Club 33 one day!

This trunk of magic stuff was sooo cool. My favorite is the chains - Mickey was obviously channeling Houdini!

AHHHH SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.

The King and Queen of Disney were in their fantastical Halloween costumes!!!!!

WE'RE NEXT WE'RE NEXT WE'RE NEXT WE'RE NEXT WE'RE NEXT

FINALLY IT WAS OUR TURN! Lee-Anne went first so I could give the PhotoPass photographer our card and give my camera to the Character Attendant.

Then I walked up to Mickey. As soon as he saw me he stomped his feet and threw his arms out, like he was aghast. KJDSLKJLKSFJSKDLFF.

Then, he looked me up and down and pointed to me, and pointed to my ears, and pointed to himself, as if to say, "me?" And I nodded and said, "Yes, I HAD to dress up as you! You're my favorite!! I LOVE YOU!!!!" He then did the aghast move again and put his hand to his mouth as if to say, "Oh, gosh!" and we hugged. I said, "I love you Mickey!" and he gave me a big kiss, and then pulled away and put his hand on his heart. AWWWWWWWWW. I was beside myself.

During this, Lee-Anne had been hugging Minnie, and when they came out of it, Mickey was in the middle of giving me another hug. While I was still in his arms, Mickey gestured to Minnie to look at me. She came around to get a better look and put her hand to her mouth.

She then got RIDICULOUSLY excited. Oh my GOD, it was so precious. She pointed, stomped her feet, and then both Mickey and Minnie got really excited AND KISSED. Everyone around us said "AWWWWW" and I was crying.

Yeah, Mickey and Minnie celebrated my flawless costume with a kiss. IT'S NO BIG DEAL. OH MY GOD. That moment totally didn't complete my life or anything.

Then Minnie hugged me, and we started this brilliant exchange of love that just included us blowing each other MASS amounts of kisses.

SO MUCH LOVE AT THE TOWN SQUARE TONIGHT. KISSES AND HUGS ALL AROUND!

So finally, it was time to pose for some photos together!

I thanked Mickey for inviting me to his Halloween party, and he hugged me again! It was the sweetest thing EVER. Honestly those moments were just above and beyond. I was on another planet of happiness. If I live to be a hundred, I will never forget it!

It was EVERYTHING I wanted out of that M&G and more. It's good to know that no matter how old I get or what I go through in life, Mickey and Minnie will always be at the Magic Kingdom waiting to give me hugs. Kinda means a lot to this girl right here.

Up next: From the highest Disney character high, to the lowest low!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #693
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Awww! Yay for amazing meet n greets!!!

I LOVE YOUR COSTUME!!! So cute & it turned out great--you really did look like a jazzed up Mr. Mouse!!

I will be one of the 3093403940394 girls dressed as Minnie this year, but I found the cutest red and white polka dotted dress, that I just can't not be Minnie, ya know? Still searching for some cute yellow shoes.

Question: Can you meet Halloween Mickey & Minnie before the party begins? We are planning on arriving around 4:00 and eating dinner at the MK before the party--will we be able to get pictures with them before the party begins? This is my first MNSSHP, so I am feverishly gathering all the info I can muster (and yes, I know it is still 6 months away! )

Cant wait for more updates...even though it looks as though it is going to be sad.
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Cinderella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #694
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Your costume was Amazing!

And uh oh- not looking forward to the low
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #695
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

AHHHHHHH! I LOVE these updates Your costumes is amazing! And I just love MNSSHP. Seriously my favorite time of year to go (not that there's really a bad time to go, I mean hello, it's Disney!). I've done MVMCP before and that was absolutely magical, but there's just something about the Halloween Party. All the rare characters (I too am in love with Eugene ) the parade, the Headless Horseman, the fireworks, plus I can dress up I seriously can't wait to go again this year
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
pirateprincess1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #696
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I love how much you love MNSSHP. It cracks me up. I've never been a huge Halloween fan (some years I get more into it than others), but you make a good ambassador for the holiday. You're basically the Stacey of Halloween.

Anyway, your costume is great and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the night! I feel like the Boo To You update's just gonna be one giant keyboard smash with some pictures.
MarieTheCat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #697
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Cake

I have a Niece that would Love to have a Cake like that!!

May the Magic continue for you.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #698
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

I loved your Mickey/Minnie M&G description... almost made me cry!

I never even really understood the whole M&G until this last trip with our DS and really didn't understand that it can be just as much for adults as it is for kids. I totally got teary eyed when I met Mickey and also Goofy. Pooh really did me in though, it was awesome!

I've got nearly 20 years on you though, and I can assure you that the wonderful feeling you get as a 20something meeting characters you love, isn't going to go away. I'm pretty sure I'll be there when I'm 80 still feeling like a 5 year old!
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
GillianP1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #699
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, Disney & Hanson?! I love this!!! Can't wait to hear more about your fun adventures!!!
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #700
scribega
Where's Perry??

Enjoying your TR.
Great costume. You did a good job of being a little sexy without being slu*tty.
I see a lot of people at the party who can't do that!
CBR - Oct. 2008
POP - Dec. 2009 - free dining
POP - March 2010 - quick biz trip
POP - Sept. 2010 - free dining
POP - Sept. 2011 - free dining
Disney Dream - Sept / POP - Sept. 2012 - free dining
-----
DISdad member #633
scribega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #701
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Oh my, both costumes are amazing. I just can't even tell you how cool it is that you went as Mickey!
What great eyelashes you have Mickey!
And Lee-Anne makes a beautiful Cleopatra.

That may have been the best M&G story I've ever read. At the very least it would be nominated.
You're totally like me, that IS Mickey Mouse, not a costume.

As an older than you adult, I can assure you that will not change. It certainly hasn't for me.
Why else would I book a last minute trip in just under 2 weeks to go by myself?
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #702
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

LOVE your costume, and oh my goodness, that meet with Minnie & Mickey!!!!!! I really cannot WAIT for our first Halloween party this year!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #703
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

I love, love, love your costume.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #704
enchantedrosex
Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

I got that same cake for my birthday one year!!!!

FOLLOW ME:
twitter: @michelafinn
Instagram: michelafinn

enchantedrosex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #705
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

OMG #BirthdayFestivus13 IS SO CLOSE. I feel like you just announced this amazing trip and that was like 2-3 MONTHS ago and now we are into weeks. GAHH CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS TR!

Your costume is just AWESOME. Like, OMG. And Lee-Anne looks beautiful too!

I went to MVMCP in November and it was amazing, but I WANT TO DO MNSSHP SO CRAPPIN BAD. And plus I never got to meet Mickey or Minnie or the princesses and the princes that night. I WAS BASICALLY CRYING. STILL AM. The line was SO long and I was so tired and it never worked out. UGH. This is why I need to go to MNSSHP or SOMETHING.

EEEE FRANKENWEENIE! That movie was spectacular.

I just died reading about you meeting Mickey and Minnie. OhmyGOD.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: