Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #631
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

So I just caught up on your 94083823819053 fabulous updates.

I had a ton of things to say, but then I got distracted by that commercial. WHEN WILL YOUR FAVES.

But yes. You're the best and I love this TR and I love Disney and I love *NSYNC.

MarieTheCat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #632
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

ALL OF MY FAVORITES MK FAVES IN ONE UPDATE (as you can see, I’m catchin’ up).

Even though I am sick of MSEP and want Spectromagic back really bad, it’s still an awesome parade! And don’t apologize for more than a few pics. Disney photos make me happy.

Your photo shoot on Main St. is just fabulous. I was going to ask if you were in the last issue of Vogue but SILLY ME. Of course you were! Who am I kiddin’!

People REALLY need to learn to power walk. Like, isn’t that part of the Disney planning books? “LEARN TO POWER WALK (WITHOUT RUNNING KIDS OVER) TO YOUR FAVORITE ATTRACTION.” At least I thought it was…

THAT LITTLE GREEN MEN PUZZLE PIECE I AM IN LOVE.

Awesome job on drawing Stitch!

THOSE MARY BLAIR PLATES AND TEAPOT I AM CRYING.

Cupcakes are FAR more important than hurricanes, let’s be real.

THAT CUPCAKE NOMS.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #633
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

OMG! I totally understand how you feel about being in the Disney bubble and not really being aware of the outside world. And the "Could I really be stuck in Disney? Nah, I would never be that lucky." But, lo and behold... yes! I was that lucky! I wasn't stranded as long as you, but I got my own little stuck in disney moment thanks to a 5 day trip at the beginning of February and a little storm called Nemo that was due to hit Boston the day I was "supposed" to come home. Thanks to my family calling me and suggesting I switch my flight and stay and enjoy myself, I got 2 extra Disney days. While my friends and family were shoveling 2 feet of snow, I was in Epcot waiting to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. The most amazing experience ever! I can't wait to hear how awesome yours was!
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
pirateprincess1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #634
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
DH and I love the animation drawing class!

Hahahaha, yes I remember that commercial!

Ugh, Sandy! My family and I were stranded on Long Island for a week! And my poor friends (we were in their wedding) couldn't leave for WDW until a few days later!
I love it so much too! I did it 2 more times on the trip and I am DYING to go back.

Oh gosh, I hope everything ended up okay with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for awesome amounts of energy! I find that even on days when I do wake up a little ragged in Disney, I remember what I’m doing that day and bound out of bed with so much energy.

Ugh, Disney “know it alls” that don’t actually know anything really irk me, like no, how hilarious he sounded like hank! Another ugh to the people who can’t have manners in crowds and TSM races. Like, you cannot weave quickly like that when you’re holding hands, there’s so many wrong lessons parents teach their kids at Disney rope drops! We saw a dad RUNNING to dumbo with his kid held in his arms, like, what if you FELL?!?! He would’ve crushed the kid!

That’s one of the things I LOVE about traveling solo in the parks, the conversations and things you overhear, it’s hilarious! I get the “CM!” thing, I get it a lot in the parks, and with Paige, both of our trips everyone thought we were part of entertainment! And I mean hey, we’ll take it! To be mistaken for a cast member is an amazing thing!

Awesome drawing!!

Yum! CUPCAKES! So much yumm!!
LOL yeah I know. Sometimes I forget where I am for like a second when I wake up, and then I remember and I am like OH MY GOD I'M IN DISNEY WORLD.

In general there are just so many rude parents in Disney teaching their kids the complete opposite of how they should act.

Yeah, the same thing kept happening to me! We just need to be entertainment CMs for real already!

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
Isn't it the saddest when friends just can't DO Disney like you do??? I'm glad you can have fun on your solo adventures though!

Bahaha, that pic of the unlit Osbourne lights looks like a bunch of creepy spiders waiting to jump down on unexpecting guests. #shudder

Holy smokes, I didn't realize Sandy gave you 8 EXTRA DAYS OF DISNEY!!!!???? That's freakin insane!! What luck!!
I actually don't mind it! I really like being solo. It's no reflection on Lee-Anne personally, it's just that I'm an only child so I'm used to it and I enjoy being able to be selfish and just completely do WHATEVER I want! So it works out well for us cause she gets to sleep, I get to play, and then we join up later!

AHHH you're right! That's creepy.

It didn't, actually! I left Disney on November 1, but stayed with my friend Gina til November 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
You HAVE to try the peanut butter and chocolate cupcake! It is my absolute favorite! Better than the Butterfinger.....
I will probably try it next time, but it's really hard to get anything other than my beloved red velvet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I agree so much with this:

I feel like some days I need to take a break from the internet because no matter what Disney announces, so many people in the fandom only look for any potential negative thing they can complain about. It's fine to say something isn't your style or a certain character/movie you're interested in, but it's pretty apparent when it comes to making an immersive environment they are really going all out! I mean, YES, Tangled deserves way more than just bathrooms, but look how freaking amazing that area is!

Sorry for the rant in your TR, haha.

OMG I love your gray skirt with the giant Mickey head!! Did you make that or buy it (sorry if you've already answered this is other comments)?

Artist Point is probably in my top 3 Disney restaurants I haven't eaten, but reallyreally want to. Everything you ordered looks excellent!

That Haunted Mansion picture. Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

You did a great job with your Stitch drawing!

I am so excited for you to finally try the PB&C cupcake from Starring Rolls. Perfect before a ride on TSMM!
Gah, sorry but I'm one of those people who's like REALLY DISNEY, BATHROOMS!!?!!?!?!?!?! EFFING BATHROOMS?!?!?!!?!?!? IT'S TANGLED YOU MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I understand that the area is brilliantly themed and I CAN NOT WAIT to see it in person, omg. But it's BATHROOMS. I never in a MILLION years thought Disney would make a movie during my adult life that would in my mind compare to the ones of my childhood and then they did, and it's called Tangled, and I want a 45 minute broadway show of it, Nemo style, and I want a ride, and I want a greeting area that they don't change for Merida, or basically just anything that isn't a place where people change their kid's diapers. Like. UGH. It just really annoys me because it's such an unbelievable movie and they could do so much with it. And it's bathrooms.

Thank you! I bought it from Forever 21 like 3 years ago when they teamed up with that Japanese designer I can't remember right now and did the Minnie Muse collection.

Omg you really should book it for next time. I can't stress enough how great my experience was!

Thank you!!!

Hmm.. maybe AFTER TSM would be better for me. I get a bit uppity on that ride. and by uppity, I mean bouncing up and down and screaming. But I can't wait to try it! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for so much TSM that morning!!!! I think your animation drawing looks great! I always forget to go there, but someday I definitely want to!!

Hahahahahahaha YES that Chilis commercial!!! You KNOW if that came out now, there would totally be a #sendribs campaign going on.

Oh wow, I didn't realize you stayed in Disney that long after Sandy!! Our trips really did overlap!! We were able to fly out on that Sunday morning, but I'm pretty sure if our flight was just a bit later, we wouldn't have been able to!
Thank you so much! I think you would love it, you should try and stop in there next time!

hahaha #SENDRIBS. We have to bring that to twitter. maybe if we tweet @jtimberlake enough he will retweet us.

Well, I only stayed in DISNEY until Nov 1, and then I went to my friend Gina's til Nov 5! I didn't know you guys were able to fly out Sunday. I'm happy I always schedule late flights then hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
I agree so much about extra energy in Disney. I really wish it could be bottled up and brought home.

"Why did you draw a spaceship surrounded by cats?"

Too funny. Whenever I think of the Babyback ribs song I always think of Fat ******* from Austin Powers.

I do enjoy wandering solo on trips since whoever I'm with usually crashes at some point. You really get to experience things you never would otherwise.
Oh don't I know it.

HAHAHAHA omg. I forgot about him. I really need to watch those movies again, it's been years!

I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Joey lunges. Bahahaha. "I better not do any, you know, lunges!"

Eavesdropping is always fun, especially when the people you're eavesdropping on are saying the dumbest things, like that DHS is a "wander around park."

I've never done a drawing class either, mainly because I'm terrible at art. But your Stitch is so good!

OMG I LOVED THAT COMMERCIAL! Somehow I forgot about the crate of ribs dropping on Joey. Poor Joey... everyone always picked on him!
That is really like in the Top 5 best Friends episodes ever.

I'm sure you would do much better than you usually do at this drawing class! Seriously, they really make it easy for you. If I can do it, a blind man could!

LOL I forgot about that too honestly. I cracked up when I watched it!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #635
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
So I just caught up on your 94083823819053 fabulous updates.

I had a ton of things to say, but then I got distracted by that commercial. WHEN WILL YOUR FAVES.

But yes. You're the best and I love this TR and I love Disney and I love *NSYNC.

hahahahahahaha I KNOW. I can't even. It's so weird to me when I think about *NSYNC even agreeing to do that commercial. I mean at this point their record sales were astronomical, they were raking in more money than they could ever count, they were as famous as can be, and their manager was still like "A Chilis commercial about ribs?! They are so IN!"

You're the best toooooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
ALL OF MY FAVORITES MK FAVES IN ONE UPDATE (as you can see, I’m catchin’ up).

Even though I am sick of MSEP and want Spectromagic back really bad, it’s still an awesome parade! And don’t apologize for more than a few pics. Disney photos make me happy.

Your photo shoot on Main St. is just fabulous. I was going to ask if you were in the last issue of Vogue but SILLY ME. Of course you were! Who am I kiddin’!

People REALLY need to learn to power walk. Like, isn’t that part of the Disney planning books? “LEARN TO POWER WALK (WITHOUT RUNNING KIDS OVER) TO YOUR FAVORITE ATTRACTION.” At least I thought it was…

THAT LITTLE GREEN MEN PUZZLE PIECE I AM IN LOVE.

Awesome job on drawing Stitch!

THOSE MARY BLAIR PLATES AND TEAPOT I AM CRYING.

Cupcakes are FAR more important than hurricanes, let’s be real.

THAT CUPCAKE NOMS.
I'm a bit sick of MSEP myself. I really miss Spectro! I'm so ready for it to be back! It's just a better parade IMO, even though MSEP has some great moments and reminds me of childhood trips, I'm just ready for Spectro to come back!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yes, I was in Vogue, but it flew off the shelves so don't expect to find it anytime soon.

Ugh, they really do. It bothers me a lot. If I had a kid I probably wouldn't even do the mad dash with them and if I did I'd have to do it in a stroller or carry them cause the select few people that are crazy rude make me too nervous!

THANK YOU!!!

I know! I really want to buy some Mary Blair art next time I'm there. She is one of my all time favorite artists.

Cupcakes are more important than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
OMG! I totally understand how you feel about being in the Disney bubble and not really being aware of the outside world. And the "Could I really be stuck in Disney? Nah, I would never be that lucky." But, lo and behold... yes! I was that lucky! I wasn't stranded as long as you, but I got my own little stuck in disney moment thanks to a 5 day trip at the beginning of February and a little storm called Nemo that was due to hit Boston the day I was "supposed" to come home. Thanks to my family calling me and suggesting I switch my flight and stay and enjoy myself, I got 2 extra Disney days. While my friends and family were shoveling 2 feet of snow, I was in Epcot waiting to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. The most amazing experience ever! I can't wait to hear how awesome yours was!
Wow! Yeah, mine was beyond awesome as well. I had a lot of guilt though. I was like, people in my home state are dealing with their flooded homes and I'm on Space Mountain... how did I get so lucky?!!? So it was bittersweet for me.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #636
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

I loved your drawing! The animation class is on my future to-do list for when the kids are old (ages 5 and 1) and can participate.

I'm a little bummed though...I really want to read about MNSSHP and I just read like 3 updates and you STILL AREN'T AT THE PARTY!!! LOL Guess I'll have to wait longer...

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #637
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
I loved your drawing! The animation class is on my future to-do list for when the kids are old (ages 5 and 1) and can participate.

I'm a little bummed though...I really want to read about MNSSHP and I just read like 3 updates and you STILL AREN'T AT THE PARTY!!! LOL Guess I'll have to wait longer...

Thanks so much!!!! I think you can even do the animation class now with them being so young. During the 2nd class I took, a little girl enjoyed scribbling all over her paper very much and the instructor complimented her on her work. It was so cute.

Don't be bummed! There are 3 nights of MNSSHP for me to write about so there will be many many MNSSHP updates! Not quite yet though.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #638
TangledUp
Earning My Ears

So I've been lurking on your trip report pretty much from the start and just had to finally join in and say hello. The reason for this you may ask is because while my mom and I were supposed to be in Disney from October 24th - 28th...we also got stuck in Disney. Which I mean is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Anyway...our morning on the 24th was almost exactly the same as yours - two rides on TSMM, ToT, RnRC, followed by red velvet cupcakes at starring rolls. I feel like we must have been right near each other so many times.

Looking forward to the rest of your report (hopefully I'll see myself in the background of some of your pictures).
TangledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #639
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

I LOVE this trip report!!! I don't want it to end. EVER! lol! It makes me so happy, mostly because you are just a bubble of Disney energy like me!!

So hubby and I are headed in May too, only 40 DAYS!!! I mean seriously, I can't even contain myself....We are also going in October for our very first MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival -- so this here trip report has been very helpful, cant wait to hear about MNSSHP!

I realize these comments are all over the place, but I really just wanted to stop by and say that you & this TR ROCK!!!!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Cinderella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #640
lisatav
Mouseketeer

Lia, your updates were great! I love your solo time! I'm hoping to get some solo time at HS on my next trip since the rest of my family are sleep late people (which normally i am, outside of the WDW bubble). Not sure if i've said this yet but CONGRATS on the upcoming trip, it sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your time stuck in disney!

Our Vacation Video- July 2013- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZb5ySFhB8
My WDW trips
1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, & 2002- OFF
Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
April 2007- Coronado Springs
Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
Aug 2009- POFQ
Jan. 2010- Pop Century
Jan 2012- Pop
Dec 12/Jan 13- Pop
July 2013-POR-Royal Room
Oct. 2013- OFF, MK + EP
lisatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #641
flea1267
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read your entire trip report! My DD LOVES Hanson too! We started "touring" the East Coast from CT to FL when she was 12! She has seen them like 54 times...so I totally understand the addiction to them! Did you see the new tour dates that came out yesterday? Jennie is really excited!

flea1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #642
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledUp View Post
So I've been lurking on your trip report pretty much from the start and just had to finally join in and say hello. The reason for this you may ask is because while my mom and I were supposed to be in Disney from October 24th - 28th...we also got stuck in Disney. Which I mean is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Anyway...our morning on the 24th was almost exactly the same as yours - two rides on TSMM, ToT, RnRC, followed by red velvet cupcakes at starring rolls. I feel like we must have been right near each other so many times.

Looking forward to the rest of your report (hopefully I'll see myself in the background of some of your pictures).
Wow, all those similarities are so weird!! Thanks so much for reading & commenting. YAY FOR BEING #STUCKINDISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
I LOVE this trip report!!! I don't want it to end. EVER! lol! It makes me so happy, mostly because you are just a bubble of Disney energy like me!!

So hubby and I are headed in May too, only 40 DAYS!!! I mean seriously, I can't even contain myself....We are also going in October for our very first MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival -- so this here trip report has been very helpful, cant wait to hear about MNSSHP!

I realize these comments are all over the place, but I really just wanted to stop by and say that you & this TR ROCK!!!!
Well, don't worry, it won't end for a long time, and then #BirthdayFestivus13 will be here!

Aw i'm at 39 days right now! It feels too long but hopefully the time will fly. I really really really want to go in October as well. I hope I can make it happen!

Thank you so much!! YOU ROCK TOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatav View Post
Lia, your updates were great! I love your solo time! I'm hoping to get some solo time at HS on my next trip since the rest of my family are sleep late people (which normally i am, outside of the WDW bubble). Not sure if i've said this yet but CONGRATS on the upcoming trip, it sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your time stuck in disney!
Thank you! Solo time is so lovely. I am also a sleep late person everywhere except Disney. I hope you get your solo time!! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267 View Post
Can't wait to read your entire trip report! My DD LOVES Hanson too! We started "touring" the East Coast from CT to FL when she was 12! She has seen them like 54 times...so I totally understand the addiction to them! Did you see the new tour dates that came out yesterday? Jennie is really excited!
Aw, you're such a sweet mom for supporting her Hanson tour addiction. YES I AM SO EXCITED TOO. I'm gonna try and do as many shows as possible, but it looks like they're gonna do Eat to the Beat again so of course I gotta see them in Epcot! We'll see what happens!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #643
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Catching up! Loved your latest updates...sounds like it was a fabulous day at Hollywood Studios. I am so jealous, I have never gotten anywhere near 200,000 on TSM. Obvoiusly I need to put in more practice time.

Animation Academy is so much fun - I love all the different characters they do. Your Stitch looked great! And the BUTTERFINGER CUPCAKE. Oh my goodness, that may be my favorite cupcake on property. So much deliciousness.
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #644
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Okay, I absolutely adore this TR! I love how you are loving every minute, and I can't wait to read more!!!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #645
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 25, 2012
Day 5, Part 2 In Which It's NOT Just Pending

Lee-Anne texted me to tell me she had gotten up, so I packed up the half of the cupcake that was left and headed out of the park.

While on the bus back to Pop, I checked my bank account statement on my phone because I wanted to see that my paycheck had been direct deposited in there. I noticed that there was a $20 charge from Disney Dining in there, dated the day before.

HOW ABOUT NO.

Disney charges you $10 a person for certain restaurants (all the signatures, character meals, Ohana, etc) if you do not show up or you cancel less than 24 hours before your scheduled ADR time. Since it was dated a day before, that would mean that they were charging me for not showing up to Artist Point. Which we of course DID show up! I was slightly annoyed, but Disney is so great with customer service that I was sure they would remove the charge as soon as I brought it to their attention.

I let Lee-Anne know about this and told her I would be in the Pop lobby talking to someone at the Front Desk about refunding this charge. I had all the evidence ready to ensure that this would be fixed immediately: my phone which had my bank statement on it, and my camera which had photos we took at Artist Point on it. Anyone who works with the public and has customers would know this is a no-brainer. Apologize, issue a credit, "Have a magical day!", and we out.

But no. I had to get one of the only CMs in Disney World who has to be difficult.

I explained the situation to this lady, and she looked up the reservation. The CMs at Artist Point had in fact checked us in when we arrived, so there was no need to show my photos as proof - she knew we hadn't skipped out on our ADR. And she still wouldn't issue a credit!

She said that because it said "Pending" on my statement, that meant that the charge was going to disappear in a few business days and that they had not taken the money out yet. I know that sometimes a pending charge does not turn into a real charge, but 9 times out of 10, it does. Anyone who has a bank account knows that when you use your debit card, the purchases say PENDING first, and then they go through.

Maybe I could have let this go if I had known I'd be in Disney another week, but it was Thursday, and I was supposed to leave Disney on Sunday. Since it was the weekend, there was a good chance that this charge still wouldn't be resolved by the time I left, so I wanted to take care of it in person while it was still a new problem - just nip it in the bud.

I told her all that and she insisted that it was just pending, and it would be removed. I asked WHY there was even a pending charge in the first place since we did show up. She said she didn't know, but that it would definitely disappear. I argued that she could not guarantee me that it would disappear. I mean, mistakes happen. OBVIOUSLY. I was here having this conversation in the first place because of a mistake in their system, so if they could think we didn't show up to Artist Point when we obviously did, that charge would most likely go through.

Bottom Line: WE WENT TO ARTIST POINT. THEY CHECKED US IN. EVERYONE IS IN AGREEMENT THAT WE DID NOT SKIP OUT ON OUR ARTIST POINT RESERVATION. SO WHY WAS A PENDING CHARGE EVEN THERE?

I simply did not want a charge that I did not incur on my account! How hard was this to understand?!

I'm sure plenty of people argue this charge when they actually DO skip out on their ADRs. BUT WE DIDN'T! So this made NO sense.

She was just not budging. I found this absolutely ridiculous. I was not asking for anything extra or bonus here. I was simply asking for my $20 back that they charged me for no reason. I didn't even want a refund in the form of money back on my card. I wasn't asking for any bonuses even though I was inconvenienced by having to stand here and argue with this woman instead of enjoying my time in the parks with my friend. I JUST WANTED A CREDIT TO MAKE UP FOR A CHARGE THAT I DID NOT CAUSE.

"It's just pending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she kept saying. She was getting nasty, too. I don't know what her problem was. Maybe her supervisor had told her not to give out credits or something, but still, you can be nice while saying no. She was being rude.

I asked to see a manager or supervisor. All snotty she was like, "Well, I CAN go get someone but he is just going to tell you the same thing I am telling you!" I told her that was fine, I just wanted to talk to someone else. Preferably someone who wouldn't yell IT'S JUST PENDING in my face 1,000 times.

She went over to a tall guy who came over and helped me. I explained to him what happened, he looked up the reservation, saw that we had in fact been to Artist Point, and he apologized. I showed him the charge on my phone. He told me how puzzled he was by this. He seemed truly baffled, to the point of laughing.

"I really don't know why this happened, but I'm issuing a $20 credit to your room."

The rude CM was standing by and said to him all upset and out of breath, "BUT IT'S JUST PENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL.

Are you serious, lady? You're trying to fight a supervisor on giving me a credit? What's it to you? Is this ruining your day? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

He said back to her, "But it shouldn't even be pending in the first place."

DING DING DING.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

He was so nice. I love you, Tall Guy. Thank you so very much for taking care of this situation like a professional instead of handling it the way a snotty teenage girl might. I mean, it was like she personally did not want me to get a credit. Ugh, some people just want to spread their bad vibes no matter what.

So, I was pretty annoyed the whole thing took a good chunk of time. Honestly, I was expecting to be in and out of there. Lee-Anne was waiting for me at the Downtown Disney bus stop and said a bus had just left. Ahhh, stupid mean lady CM!!!

Oh well. In the end, I didn't care. They resolved the situation and I was in Disney and I was so excited for the rest of our day!

So, I had asked Lee-Anne where she would want to go before lunch. I left this time open for her to decide what we would do being that it was her last full day there. Usually on my last full day I take a survey of what I saw and did, and try to fit in things that I missed. Lee-Anne, of course, chose shopping.

So we found ourselves in Downtown Disney.

Can I just say that I really don't care that they are changing DTD, I mean, it's not special to me in the way that the parks are. As long as they don't remove Wolfgang Puck Express, I'm good. However, Disney Springs sounds like a retirement community. So that's a NO from me on the name.

Our first stop was Art of Disney, where we again marveled at all the art we wished we could buy.

AHH. This Evil Queen one was my FAVORITE. I can't even tell you how much I love this piece. Oh my God. It's sick and haunting and sad but still Disneyish.

I also traded for a Vinylmation in here.

I honestly had no idea what this was. I asked and the CM told me that it was one of the wenches from Pirates of the Caribbean. Her name is literally "Big Wench". LOL. Whew, I'm glad to be a woman in 2013 and not back then.

I definitely made a note that I would trade that one away soon! We left and headed into dangerous territory: World of Disney.

I normally avoid this store completely. It is just too much. There is just too high a risk of me spending all my money. And I literally mean ALL of my money. I mean like, calling my bank and telling them I am no longer a customer because I have nothing.

I gotta say... I didn't act like a lunatic this time! Has World of Disney gone downhill, or have I developed better self control? Hmmmm...

The one thing I did really want was chapstick or lip gloss because I seemed to misplace mine and I can not stand when my lips are dry. It seriously nags and nags at me. So I asked a CM if they had anything like that, and she said no.

Lee-Anne really wanted to buy more Winnie the Pooh stuff, but they didn't have a Pooh section like I thought they would. So it was more of a browsing trip for us.

We stopped into Tren-D next because I figured they would have some lip stuff.

They did, but it was $8 for a pack of two. Yikes, no thanks! Luckily, I located my chapstick later on, so crisis averted.

We walked by Team Mickey, and saw that they were blowing bubbles and holding up a sign that said YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks, Disney. You're beautiful too.

Our last stop was the Christmas store. I am really not one to be in the Christmas spirit before November, but I still wanted to buy basically everything in here.

I held back though, because I knew if I bought one ornament my brain would immediately go into the whole "Well if I get a Mickey one then I need a Minnie one, and I may as well get the whole set of the fab 5, but I also want a princess one, may as well get a stocking too even though I already have one, and do they have garland? Hmm, I wonder if they can just ship this entire display to my house?"

That ALWAYS happens to me in Target. I go into Target for batteries and come out with a new apartment. It's inevitable.

I did get this cute little Mickey gingerbread pen/pencil topper though. I thought it was SO ADORABLE and I just could not resist.

I actually didn't use it as a topper. I just poked a hole in the back so I could make it into an ornament which worked quite well!

It was Day 5, and I still had not pin traded, so when I saw a cute pin on a CMs lanyard, I decided it was really time to start!

It's a mushroom from Fantasia! At the time, I thought this was a super cool, semi-rare pin. I had never seen it before. Apparently like every CM had been given this pin to trade, because I saw it SO many more times during my trip! I hate how so many CMs have the same pins now. It was super annoying. I plan on working harder to find awesome pins on my next trip.

Up Next: OUR AMAZING LUNCH OMG. Turn to the next page for that post!

Last edited by __disneygirl; 04-03-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: