Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #571
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I NEEEEEEEED that pin collage. Need it.

ART OF ANIMATION!!!!! I got to stay there in November in the little mermaid rooms and it was awesome. The resort is AMAZING.

Landscape of Flavors>any other QS.

AND OHMYGOD YOUR TRIP SOUNDS AWESOME.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #572
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi everyone!!! WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!!! In exactly two months, I WILL BE AT DISNEY WORLD! It still doesn't feel real at all, I'm not even as excited as I should be because it just does not compute that I get to go back to Disney so soon and again be there with some of my closest friends. A lot has changed about our trip and I really have to do a PTR update. So that will be coming soon! TWO MONTHS TWO MONTHS!!! 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
I think we are going at the same time
I'll be there May 15-22.. staying at Pop!

Only 59 days to go for me now!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!

Last edited by bentopher; 03-17-2013 at 05:51 PM.
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #573
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I had to picturing you going hardcore on TSM with a little old lady in the car with you!!

I am really hoping to take some time going over to AoA and look around and eat at Landscape of Flavors. I've heard nothing but great reviews! Your pasta looks delicious. Too bad Lee Ann couldn't join you...I bet she would have loved checking out lifesize Scar in the Lion King section!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #574
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for your upcoming trip!!!! That sounds like it is going to be EPIC!!!

Landscape of Flavors looks really good!
I could not be more excited!!

It really is delicious. I think you and Wingnut would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I NEEEEEEEED that pin collage. Need it.

ART OF ANIMATION!!!!! I got to stay there in November in the little mermaid rooms and it was awesome. The resort is AMAZING.

Landscape of Flavors>any other QS.

AND OHMYGOD YOUR TRIP SOUNDS AWESOME.
Well get ready to pay up, I think it was like $5000!

That is so awesome you got to stay in a Mermaid room. I want to do that so bad!

I agree =) Others come close, but Landscape has to be the best. Besides Wolfgang Puck Express but I don't count it b/c it's not Disney QS.

IT IS AWESOME!!! hahaha. It is going to be the best. I absolutely can not wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
I think we are going at the same time
I'll be there May 15-22.. staying at Pop!

Only 59 days to go for me now!!
YAY that's awesome!!! I hope you have a magical trip! Maybe I'll run into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I had to picturing you going hardcore on TSM with a little old lady in the car with you!!

I am really hoping to take some time going over to AoA and look around and eat at Landscape of Flavors. I've heard nothing but great reviews! Your pasta looks delicious. Too bad Lee Ann couldn't join you...I bet she would have loved checking out lifesize Scar in the Lion King section!
HAHAHA yes it was quite the experience for us both.

Trust me, it's sooo worth taking the time out! I'm sure your son would absolutely love it, I don't know what kid wouldn't. And the food is beyond delicious. Hopefully Lee-Anne will get to see Scar next time!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #575
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

I grew up vacationing in Bradenton-Sarasota! My parents now have a time share on Anna Maria Island. It it is such a beautiful place

Your birthday trip truly sounds EPIC!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #576
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post

YAY that's awesome!!! I hope you have a magical trip! Maybe I'll run into you.

More like maybe I'll run into you.. LOL I have a feeling I know what YOU look like more than you know what me and my kids look like

Keep up the great trip report! I can't wait to hear what happens with the hurricane!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #577
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

More fabulous updates. How awesome that you get to go back so soon!?!?!?! I'm jealous! We probably won't go back until October, 2014. Maybe we'll move it up to March/April 2014 and get another trip in before my son turns 3. We'll see.

I just got back from my trip 6 days ago and I am so sad to be home, but going through my pictures and I'm about to start a trip and dining report is really helping with the Disney depression.

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #578
arbolita
DIS Veteran

It is so exciting to hear about all of the plans for your trip coming up this spring!! I can't wait to follow along with you on Twitter, especially when you get to hang out with Jess =D

That is such a bummer that Lee-Anne was feeling so sick while in Disney At least she'll be going back with you this spring!

Donald and Daisy's Hollywood outfits are so adorable!

Tower of Terror is so perfect. *sigh* And YES. I would love a tour of Tower of Terror where you have the time to really look through everything that are in the rooms - especially if you get to go with a person who is familiar with Twilight Zone and can point out what story each prop represents.

Citizens of Hollywood has to be one of the best jobs in WDW. You get to hang out by Tower of Terror, wear amazing costumes and get paid to do improv. Sign me up!

EEEE Art of Animation! I still haven't been over there yet - I'm pretty sure that's where we're going to stay when we take my nephews in another year or two, since they LOVE Cars.

LOL That Pumba cut out is awesome and hilarious.

Thanks for posting that Stacey interview!! God I love her.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #579
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
I grew up vacationing in Bradenton-Sarasota! My parents now have a time share on Anna Maria Island. It it is such a beautiful place

Your birthday trip truly sounds EPIC!!!
Lucky you! It really is. I only spent a couple of days there last time but I just loved it, so I am very excited to return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
More like maybe I'll run into you.. LOL I have a feeling I know what YOU look like more than you know what me and my kids look like

Keep up the great trip report! I can't wait to hear what happens with the hurricane!!
LOL right, that's what I meant!

Thank you!! It was quite the ordeal, but overall I think everything worked out well on my end. My family members who were displaced are OK now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
More fabulous updates. How awesome that you get to go back so soon!?!?!?! I'm jealous! We probably won't go back until October, 2014. Maybe we'll move it up to March/April 2014 and get another trip in before my son turns 3. We'll see.

I just got back from my trip 6 days ago and I am so sad to be home, but going through my pictures and I'm about to start a trip and dining report is really helping with the Disney depression.
Thank you! You know what, October 2014 will be worth the wait! I am hoping to go then too. But of course I hope you get to go sooner.

It really does help to get to relive your trip on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
It is so exciting to hear about all of the plans for your trip coming up this spring!! I can't wait to follow along with you on Twitter, especially when you get to hang out with Jess =D

That is such a bummer that Lee-Anne was feeling so sick while in Disney At least she'll be going back with you this spring!

Donald and Daisy's Hollywood outfits are so adorable!

Tower of Terror is so perfect. *sigh* And YES. I would love a tour of Tower of Terror where you have the time to really look through everything that are in the rooms - especially if you get to go with a person who is familiar with Twilight Zone and can point out what story each prop represents.

Citizens of Hollywood has to be one of the best jobs in WDW. You get to hang out by Tower of Terror, wear amazing costumes and get paid to do improv. Sign me up!

EEEE Art of Animation! I still haven't been over there yet - I'm pretty sure that's where we're going to stay when we take my nephews in another year or two, since they LOVE Cars.

LOL That Pumba cut out is awesome and hilarious.

Thanks for posting that Stacey interview!! God I love her.
AHH I know I'm so excited!! I miss her and it's going to be so great to be back in the parks with someone who is as passionate about Disney if not more than I am!

I know I'm so happy she's coming with me again!

I LOVE THOSE OUTFITS. I just have a thing for when characters are wearing clothes outside the norm of their daily attire!

Yes, it is. As soon as I become rich (any day now...), I am renting that place out. It is one of my ultimate dreams!

I agree. That would be my dream Disney World job along with being a dancing zebra in FOTLK.

Oooh that will be perfect for them! I am dying to stay there. You should really make a trip over next time you're in Disney, it's so worth taking the time out. I just love it so much.

I LOVE HER TOO AHHHHH. Just doing my part in spreading the Stacey love!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #580
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 24, 2012
Day 4, Part 3 In Which Lee-Anne's Back In Business, SHAMONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was eating, Lee-Anne texted me to say she was getting up and felt a LOT better!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy! We had made the right decision - staying in bed for the morning helped. Now she could enjoy the rest of her day! She asked where she should meet me, but I told her I was right across the lake at AoA, so I would just come back to Pop and we'd go back out together.

I packed up the rest of my Mickey Tartlet quickly because I wanted to walk around outside for a little while before walking back to Pop, so I figured I would do that while she got ready, and then head to the room.

THE BIG BLUE POOL!

I did not have a room key and was not an Art of Animation Resort Guest. I did however open the gate and walk right in, cause it wasn't even shut. SUE ME IDC

It really is just so fantastic. It's like falling down the rabbit hole and landing in Disney movie paradise. They had the same idea with All Star Movies, but they really took it to the next level with the details at AoA.

@babybritney: If Art of Animation is the future of Disney, we are all in for some mind blowing new stuff. Wow.

Seriously, after seeing AoA and New Fantasyland, I don't think I've ever been more excited about the future of Disney. So many people complain about changes. However, when they add something new, they do not screw it up. I mean, I was just wowed.

I really wanted to explore the other sections of the resort, but I didn't want to keep Lee-Anne waiting, so I decided to walk back to Pop to meet up with her. I promised I'd go back to AoA later in the trip. Of course it turned out that Lee-Anne totally was not ready by the time I got back AND I never ended up going back to AoA, but hey that's life. I am *DYING* to go back to there, I can't even tell you how much! I still haven't seen so much of the resort!

So, I thought the walk from Art of Animation to Pop would be like at least 10 minutes, and I was wrong! It was way shorter. If you stay at one of them you may as well be staying at both, because you can easily access both food courts and hang out at either one. I know pool hopping is not allowed, but it is still fun to explore both resorts!

Hi, Pop!!!

If I had known it was so close I would have walked over there much sooner. The next time I stay at Pop I am gonna be so all up in AoA's business, you have no idea.

Looking at Pop from AoA's side of the bridge

And a look at AoA from Pop's side!

Soon I was back home to my beloved POP.

I loved this towel witch/ghost combo in one of the windows!

*Sigh* Halloween is the best. I am seriously sad that on our next trip it will not be Halloween. I'm not complaining, I'm lucky to go to Disney at any time. But I really hope I can go back in October, even if it's only for a few days, because I can not even tell you how much I miss MNSSHP and Food & Wine. I haven't gotten to the MNSSHP updates yet, but oh my God, I truly had the time of my life at those parties and I am absolutely dying to go back. BUT I am getting ahead of myself.

SO ANYWAY. Back to Pop.

I arrived back at the room, and turned on my beloved and angelic STACEY!!! while Lee-Anne got ready.

Soon we were on the bus off to Epcot!

@babybritney: Currently rocking all things Disney on my bod.

Oh how I love my pins!

I love this picture even though my eyes are closed LOL. I just look so happy. TOO HAPPY TO OPEN MY EYES, OKAY?

This one is a little bit better but you can barely see our eyes! Obviously it was very sunny.

So the main goal of this Epcot outing was to see Captain EO. Lee-Anne is completely obsessed with Michael Jackson and has been her whole life, so she was basically jumping out of her skin to see this.

Okay so here is another outtake from me. Please observe how attractive I am.

DON'T WORRY BOYS, I'M SINGLE

I just love it cause Lee-Anne looks so lovely and happy and I literally look like I'm about to vomit. Yeah, you get frump outtakes in this TR! YOU'RE WELCOME.

Let's try that again, shall we?!

That's better.

So if you haven't seen Captain EO, spoiler alert: Michael Jackson saved the world by dancing. Which is pretty much what he did in real life too.

Naturally, the next stop was Eric Idle.

Uh, I mean Figment. I love this ride. Lee-Anne was so amused by it. At the part where Eric Idle says "Imagination is at its best when it's set free!" and then the room goes pitch black and suddenly Figment is there and it's just this giant explosion of color and sound, she was like "WHAT!!?!?!?" and laughed hysterically.

I traded a Vinylmation for the first time ever in the Figment store!

This was a snow cone? I'm not crazy about some of the designs. I mean, this is cool, but I prefer the ones that are based on Disney characters or attractions. I liked the colors, but I made a note to trade that one again soon.

They did not have any Captain EO merchandise at the Imagination Pavilion, so Lee-Anne asked me where she might be able to find some... and a Michael Jackson merchandise hunt ensued.

I remembered seeing T-shirts in the Mission: Space store, so we headed over there.

Unfortunately, they no longer had the T-shirts and when I asked where else we might find Captain EO stuff, they didn't know. I suggested Mouse Gears, and one of the CMs said, "Oh, good thinking! Hey, you should work here!" and they laughed.

Yes, I SHOULD work there. Recognize!

Up Next: Lee-Anne's first ride on TOY STORY MANIA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #581
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 24, 2012
Day 4, Part 4 In Which I Am Not Your Mother, BREAK THOSE PLATES!

While in the Mission: Space dump shop, I traded my Vinylmation again. This time I got a mint chocolate chip sundae cone...? What was with all the frozen treat Vinylmations this day?!

Definitely wanted to re-trade that one too. I had two Vinyls I bought from the Disney Store prior to the trip that cost $10 for both, so I was really hoping to find two I loved... you will just have to stay tuned to see if that happened!

Look... a (not-so) Hidden Mickey!

So, off we headed to Mouse Gears in search of Michael Jackson stuff. I knew that whether or not there was Captain EO merch in there, Lee-Anne was going to go crazy, so I settled in.

OH HOW I LOVE THE HALLOWEEN STUFF.

Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize... and eat yogurt pretzels.

I discovered this awesome shirt:

HAHAHA I love it.

I asked a CM if they had any Captain EO stuff and they said no, that it was no longer in the parks at all. Lee-Anne said it was fine and she would just order something online. She shopped a bit more and then asked where she could get hot water because she had brought some of that magic echinacea tea I gave her so that she could keep drinking it and feel even better! So we went into the Electric Umbrella.

I hadn't been in there in so long - I forgot how cool it is inside! It kind of reminds me of retro Epcot. I mean, I didn't even go to Epcot until 1998 but whatever.

Next, we headed over to World Showcase because it was nearing our Toy Story Mania fastpass time!!!!!!! So we had to catch a Friendship Boat over to Hollywood.

This cranberry bog was in the middle of Epcot and that just made me laugh. Oh how I love you, Food and Wine Festival.

I just really wish it was my job to write on Disney pavement with chalk.

Off to Hollywood!

It was like my 8402984092th ride on Toy Story Mania, but Lee-Anne's FIRST EVER! I kept telling her how utterly unbelievably MAGICALLY FUN it was, but I go on and on about how great everything in Disney is so much so I don't think she thought much of it. So she really had NO idea.

Oh, so here's another photo of me looking amazing.

I was just really into modeling the glasses. Hire me, Disney.

Here we are in our car ready to go play with all the other toys!

We do not look thrilled enough!!

THAT'S BETTER.

Obviously, Lee-Anne absolutely loved this ride. If she hadn't, I would have checked her pulse because it is the best thing that has ever happened to planet earth. I think this was her favorite besides Peter Pan's Flight.

If I recall correctly, she did alright, but OBVIOUSLY, I killed her in the scores. Just like I do to everyone. Muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was really the only thing we had time for in Hollywood, because we had to make our way over to the WILDERNESS LODGE!!!! FOR DINNER!!!!!!!! AT ARTIST POINT!!!!!!!!!!!

Up Next: ARTIST FREAKING POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #582
jane2073
Mouseketeer

Try looking at the pins! I know even recently they had pins with the Captain EO movie poster.
Also, if you can get over there the Character Outlet store had plush versions of Captain EO's sidekicks. The last time we were there, my daughter comes running up to me claiming to have found a "rat with butterfly wings".
She loves her Fuzzball and sleeps with him most every night.

I love Captain EO!
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #583
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

It's great to hear LeeAnn started feeling better so soon.

Thanks for the echinachea and the AOA is next to Pop tips! Who knew? (probably everyone but me) Still, your TR and...

OMG! Your Walt pin is the best!!
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #584
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Lia,

Glad to hear that Lee-Anne started feeling better.

I actually have one of the Captain EO buttons as they were giving them away when I was at Disneyland last year. They're nothing amazing, similar to the "I'm Celebrating" style you can get at Guest Relations for birthdays, etc.
Looks like this,

http://thedisneyblog.com/wp-content/...07/eo-pin1.jpg

But, if you have an address to send it, I would happily send it along for Lee-Anne, since she's such a big fan. I understand not wanting to give out an address on here, but maybe you have a work address or PO box that would be more private?

It's totally up to you, but as I said, I be more than happy to send it if you like.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #585
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Hanson!! After reading about your concert experience I am now convinced I must go see them sometime. Jamming to "If Only" at work today may have also had an influence.

So glad Lee-Ann felt better! Being ill at Disney for even an hour is a downer. If you make it back over to AoA on your upcoming trip, make sure you visit the Cars section at NIGHT! It's great during the day but still more awesome with the neon on.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: