Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #526
PrincessFelisha
Earning My Ears

I just have to say I loved and appreciated your Almost Famous reference!! Love that movie!!

16 trips total! I've stayed at All Star Music, Pop Century, Disney's Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Animal Kingdom Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Dixie Landings (aka Port Orleans Riverside Mansions)

"IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, THEN YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN, YES YOU CAAAAAAANNNN!" (Long Live Horizons from Epcot Center and all the great long-gone Disney music!)
PrincessFelisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #527
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahahaha the Minnie Sticker Monorail sounds awesome!! I've never seen anything like that before!

Yay for more awesome Hanson concerts!! And I'm glad you had a great experience at Raglan Road - isn't it so much fun there!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #528
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
THE TIGERS. Dying.

Oh my GOD. The monorail with Minnie in it! That is like the cutest thing ever.

WHY HAVEN’T I BEEN TO RAGLAN ROAD. I mean, hot Irish guys, food, and dancing. WHYYYYYY.

I had a laughing fit back in August. At Epcot. Over some French Guys. That is another story for another time though…
The tigers and the Minnie monorail are tied for Cutest Thing Ever, I think.

I DON'T KNOW! You really need to. Don't wait as long as I did!

I would like to hear that story. I am very familiar with what you are talking about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
GAH! Can't believe I missed In the City! I have seen them perform it live exactly once, and it was pretty much a life changing experience. Remember last tour how they let fans vote on an album to be highlighted during the show? For the New Orleans show, TTA was totally winning until the day of when MON took the lead and won. I was SO BUMMED...most of my favorite songs are on TTA, and yes MON is great, but how many times have we heard those songs played live, people?! SERIOUSLY. Please go listen to Live From Albertane again and VOTE FOR TTA GEEZ.

Anyway, I am glad for you & Lee-Ann that the last show was a highlight, even if I missed it myself!

Raglan Road looks like a lot of fun!!
You're right, I don't know how anyone could choose MON over TTA for a live show unless they went deaf in 1999 or something. That's crazy. Oh well, I'm sure you'll see In The City live again someday! If you ever talk to them before a show, it wouldn't hurt to ask. That's how I got Taylor to play me a song.

Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFelisha View Post
I just have to say I loved and appreciated your Almost Famous reference!! Love that movie!!
It's my all time favorite movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahahaha the Minnie Sticker Monorail sounds awesome!! I've never seen anything like that before!

Yay for more awesome Hanson concerts!! And I'm glad you had a great experience at Raglan Road - isn't it so much fun there!
Neither had I! I love when little stuff like that happens. It just renews my Disney obsession over again.

YES IT IS SO MUCH FUN THERE. I CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #529
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I would like to hear that story. I am very familiar with what you are talking about though.
Here is the story (well it is like halfway down the post): http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=179

I'm ridiculous, I know.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #530
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Alright, Sparky, here's the deal...

I'm in love with you.

No. Really. If I let you have Taylor on the side, will you marry me?!

I've been on the DIS awhile, read many TRs, etc. but nothing has come close to the spectacularness of you. In fact, I do believe this is the first time I have ever posted on a TR other than to say that I, too, thought it was a bogus report. Feel blessed. No. Really.

Aside from all of the hilarity, the shenanigans, your writing style, how your quirky is so on par with mine that it's frightening, the fact that we have a bear named Shotgun (who is NOT DIS appropriate) who goes on all of our vacations with us and does naughty little things (he came with us to Vegas, mmmmmk? 'Nuff said.) that I have to document with pictures because as you know, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen. Set ALL of that aside and here's what it really boils down to: the references. Oh. My. God. *in Chandler style* the references.

You know how you feel about Hanson? That's me, with Friends. Courtney Cox? Who the heck is that? The star of that Tigerville show? Yeah, I don't know her. Monica Geller? I KNOW HER!! David Schwimmer? What is he? The inventer of bikes or something? Ross Geller? I WILL MARRY HIM!!! Every reference you made I wanted to quote out the entire scene. This is not a show to me. These are my friends and it's real life and I can tell you all these stories about the fun times we've had, and how Joey said that one thing that just cracked me up...but it might be a "you have to be there" kinda moment. Every single person I meet I make them be one of the characters. For example, if they're new-agey I call them a Phoebe. Me, I'm a Monica. Despite cleaning being essential to her character, and the fact that I am a slob, we're twins. I'm still breakin' porch swings, though...

Sometimes, I wonder if you even know you're referencing them, or if it's just me reading so much into it cause I'm so excited. Like, son of a jackal. Ha! Or the fact that your bucket list is laminated. Good times, SUCH GOOD TIMES.

Anyway, suffice it to say that I am really enjoying this trip report. You sucked me in and I have spent, literally (used correctly, not as a substitue for figuratively), 6 hours getting through it all. Now I'm going to hop over to your PTR and stalk you there. You think Hanson will let me join? They can show me how to stalk you properly. Not gonna lie, though, I'm terrified of heights so you can forget me climbing on balconies to get near you. I'm with Lee-Anne on this one, ain't no way I'm going on no thrill rides, boo. That ish just ain't fo' me. Tower of Terror made me cry from terror. No. Really. I pretty sure I have PTSD from it. Seeing the hotel makes me start having a panic attack. I just watched a video of it on youtube and couldn't open my eyes. Lee-Anne frequent the DIS? I hope so. I hope she sees this. DON'T LET HER TALK YOU INTO IT, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! Okay, not really, that's crossing the line but still...you really might pee a little bit. Just sayin'....

See what I do? How I went from talking about loving your TR to talking to a woman I'm not sure is even a DIS member, IDK.

Onward!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #531
__disneygirl

Quote:
Here is the story (well it is like halfway down the post): http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=179

I'm ridiculous, I know.

OH MAN. This is so something that would happen to me. That really was a funny comment your mom made about buying the chef hat for the CM though, like what a random and hilarious thought. Could you imagine his reaction if you did that? "Here... we got you a present!"

Also WHERE in the UK is Christopher Robin's room?!?! Oh my God. How have I never seen that before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
Alright, Sparky, here's the deal...

I'm in love with you.

No. Really. If I let you have Taylor on the side, will you marry me?!

I've been on the DIS awhile, read many TRs, etc. but nothing has come close to the spectacularness of you. In fact, I do believe this is the first time I have ever posted on a TR other than to say that I, too, thought it was a bogus report. Feel blessed. No. Really.

Aside from all of the hilarity, the shenanigans, your writing style, how your quirky is so on par with mine that it's frightening, the fact that we have a bear named Shotgun (who is NOT DIS appropriate) who goes on all of our vacations with us and does naughty little things (he came with us to Vegas, mmmmmk? 'Nuff said.) that I have to document with pictures because as you know, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen. Set ALL of that aside and here's what it really boils down to: the references. Oh. My. God. *in Chandler style* the references.

You know how you feel about Hanson? That's me, with Friends. Courtney Cox? Who the heck is that? The star of that Tigerville show? Yeah, I don't know her. Monica Geller? I KNOW HER!! David Schwimmer? What is he? The inventer of bikes or something? Ross Geller? I WILL MARRY HIM!!! Every reference you made I wanted to quote out the entire scene. This is not a show to me. These are my friends and it's real life and I can tell you all these stories about the fun times we've had, and how Joey said that one thing that just cracked me up...but it might be a "you have to be there" kinda moment. Every single person I meet I make them be one of the characters. For example, if they're new-agey I call them a Phoebe. Me, I'm a Monica. Despite cleaning being essential to her character, and the fact that I am a slob, we're twins. I'm still breakin' porch swings, though...

Sometimes, I wonder if you even know you're referencing them, or if it's just me reading so much into it cause I'm so excited. Like, son of a jackal. Ha! Or the fact that your bucket list is laminated. Good times, SUCH GOOD TIMES.

Anyway, suffice it to say that I am really enjoying this trip report. You sucked me in and I have spent, literally (used correctly, not as a substitue for figuratively), 6 hours getting through it all. Now I'm going to hop over to your PTR and stalk you there. You think Hanson will let me join? They can show me how to stalk you properly. Not gonna lie, though, I'm terrified of heights so you can forget me climbing on balconies to get near you. I'm with Lee-Anne on this one, ain't no way I'm going on no thrill rides, boo. That ish just ain't fo' me. Tower of Terror made me cry from terror. No. Really. I pretty sure I have PTSD from it. Seeing the hotel makes me start having a panic attack. I just watched a video of it on youtube and couldn't open my eyes. Lee-Anne frequent the DIS? I hope so. I hope she sees this. DON'T LET HER TALK YOU INTO IT, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! Okay, not really, that's crossing the line but still...you really might pee a little bit. Just sayin'....

See what I do? How I went from talking about loving your TR to talking to a woman I'm not sure is even a DIS member, IDK.

Onward!
hahahaha You're too funny!

Look, if you can convince Taylor, we have a deal. But he gets pretty possessive when it comes to me, I gotta tell ya.

I would love to hear about Shotgun's adventures in Vegas! I want to go there so bad. But I mean, not bad enough to go there instead of Disney, so you know.

Oh my God, you are so missing out by not watching Cougar Town. It is a ridiculously hilarious and underrated show. As much as I love Friends, I'm able to see Courteney as a different character. Especially because Cougar Town is basically Friends, only set in Florida with some different personalities. I also love Matthew Perry's new show Go On, but I feel like he's the main pull of it, while Courteney's cast members on Cougar Town are just as strong as she is. I mean, the Go On cast is good, but doesn't compare to CT. Wow, I am really rambling on about TV here aren't I? WHAT ELSE IS NEW.

LOL sometimes I think I don't notice that I'm referencing Friends, and then I'll be like... what is that from again? Why do I say that? and then I remember.

Anyway, I'm so glad you are enjoying my TR so much! Thank you for all the great compliments!

No, Lee-Anne isn't on the DIS, and thank God because I don't need any fellow scaredy cats discouraging her from riding the BEST RIDE EVER!!!!!!!!!! *SIGH* I love it so much.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #532
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Okay, so your Hanson description actually made me want to listen to them for a bit. I am now going to at work tomorrow, hahaha. Seriously, love your passion for them!

Raglan Road is my favorite! Seriously I love that place so much... But you missed out on the bread pudding, the BEST Disney dessert ever. Then again, with your fit, it might be a good thing to have skipped it, haha. I have definitely had those fits and laughed until I cried over things that weren't even funny.

You are going to be back in Disney before you even know it! Yay!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #533
LifeIsDis

Quote:

OH MAN. This is so something that would happen to me. That really was a funny comment your mom made about buying the chef hat for the CM though, like what a random and hilarious thought. Could you imagine his reaction if you did that? "Here... we got you a present!"

Also WHERE in the UK is Christopher Robin's room?!?! Oh my God. How have I never seen that before?
That is what happens during EMH at Epcot. Fun times, fun times...
And OHMYGOD that would be hysterical. "We think this would look really good on you! Ok, bye now."
And the Christopher Robin room is at the back of the Toy Soldier. It is used for meet and greets during the daytime!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #534
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Okay, so your Hanson description actually made me want to listen to them for a bit. I am now going to at work tomorrow, hahaha. Seriously, love your passion for them!

Raglan Road is my favorite! Seriously I love that place so much... But you missed out on the bread pudding, the BEST Disney dessert ever. Then again, with your fit, it might be a good thing to have skipped it, haha. I have definitely had those fits and laughed until I cried over things that weren't even funny.

You are going to be back in Disney before you even know it! Yay!
Aww! Yay! I hope you enjoyed listening to them today!

How can the bread pudding be better than 'Ohana's though? I'M NOT SURE I CAN FATHOM THAT.

So true! Right now it feels like time has stopped though. It just seems so far away... 2 months.

Quote:
That is what happens during EMH at Epcot. Fun times, fun times...
And OHMYGOD that would be hysterical. "We think this would look really good on you! Ok, bye now."
And the Christopher Robin room is at the back of the Toy Soldier. It is used for meet and greets during the daytime!
When did they have EMH at WS? I thought it was only FW. I've always wondered why they never have WS EMH. I mean, I know there are no thrill rides or anything but especially during F&W people would definitely stay late.

I never even knew about that room! That's so awesome.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #535
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an amazing night of Hanson!! I neeeeeed them to tour again Right. Now.

You will LOVE the food booths at Flower & Garden....we were there on opening day and it was all sooo good!

Aaaand, Raglan Road is now officially on my list of places I must go!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #536
LifeIsDis

Quote:
When did they have EMH at WS? I thought it was only FW. I've always wondered why they never have WS EMH. I mean, I know there are no thrill rides or anything but especially during F&W people would definitely stay late.

I never even knew about that room! That's so awesome.
They have EMH at WS...I think all the time! We were there in August and all of WS was open. The "incident" happened at like 11.

And I know! I love that room. Mary Poppins' umbrella is somewhere in there too. I think hanging on a coat rack or something.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #537
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
Sounds like an amazing night of Hanson!! I neeeeeed them to tour again Right. Now.

You will LOVE the food booths at Flower & Garden....we were there on opening day and it was all sooo good!

Aaaand, Raglan Road is now officially on my list of places I must go!
Meeee tooo! They should be doing some preview shows prior to the album release and then promo shows in June for the album release, so it shouldn't be too long now until we get some very exciting announcements!

AHH I KNOW. I keep hearing everything is so fresh and delicious. There are so many things I am excited to try.

YES~! GO! So much fun at Raglan Road!!

Quote:
They have EMH at WS...I think all the time! We were there in August and all of WS was open. The "incident" happened at like 11.

And I know! I love that room. Mary Poppins' umbrella is somewhere in there too. I think hanging on a coat rack or something.
Well it's definitely not all the time, in all my trips and planning, I've never ever seen it happen! You must have caught it on a very special night. I'm jealous!

Really? Ahh! I can't believe I've never heard of that before. I can't wait to look at it in 2 months!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #538
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Subbing!

Hi Lia! I've been away from the DIS for a while so I'm just now joining in on your magical journey! I can't wait to get caught up...only 35 pages to go!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #539
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that Minnie Monorail! Seriously Disney, where do you come up with these things???

Aww, I loved your whole Hanson description, it must be SO much fun to see your favorite band in Disney! Sadly, I know that my 2 favorite bands in life will never play in Disney because, well, one is Pink Floyd, who just doesn't exist anymore, and the other is this local CT band called The Breakfast, who, well, they don't exist anymore either, but even if they did, they would never get asked to play in Disney! (However, they used to play at Toad's Place in CT all the time, I thought it was funny you mentioned that place! I live about 15 minutes from there!)

Every TR I'm reading right now has Raglan Road updates! And they are all making me want to go there! Everything looks SO good! Sam Adams Octoberfest is my favorite beer in the world, and I'm not a big beer drinker! It's funny how the Food and Wine fest turns you into one!

Glad you guys had such a great time at Raglan Road, and the whole night!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #540
DisneyMagick2008
Disney Veteran

I love your trip reports !!! I have finished the first two and am now finally catching up. After seeing your footage of the Sci Fi Drive in, I have made it a must do on my next trip. I love that they show the intermission concession stand stuff with the dancing sodas and the flipping hot dogs etc... Up until a couple of years ago, Me and my friends used to go to the drive in religiously every weekend. Brings back memories...

Love Once Upon a Time. Everyone should watch this show !
DisneyMagick2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: