Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #511
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I finally caught up on this..loving the trip so far. I think I remember reading about you in one of Jess's TR's. I'm going to go back and read your other TR's too!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #512
jedhoban
JedlyH

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your report. Thanks
jedhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #513
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
Fabulous Tiger Pics, Lia!! You got some really amazing shots! What a great DAK day

Lovin all the updates!
Thank you so much!!! Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Oh my god those tigers! Sooooooo cute! You had the best ever animal antics in AK I have ever seen!
Ahh I know! It was crazy! Everything just went so perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
UGH I am SO jealous of the people at Disney right now that can have the rum Dole Whips!!! Maybe they'll become a F&W item too??

Awww the tiger pool party sounds like it was really cute!!
I heard they're keeping everything exclusive to each festival, which is why you don't see huge sellers like Cheddar Cheese Soup at the F&G fest even though they could make a ton of $ on it. But we'll see! I really can't wait to try it. I still can't believe they combined ice cream with alcohol. Someone is plotting my death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
67 days is so exciting! My trip is in 49! I can't wait to see the Flower and Garden and Booze Festival.

I'm totally with you on the scary/adorable thing. I love to look at the bats!

That tiger is so gorgeous! You're so lucky to have witnessed a tiger poop. We all have that one on the bucket list because well obviously.
Flower and Garden and Booze Festival LOL. Accurate!!! Ahhhh there is so much WINE. I'm so excited. I'm going to eat and drink until I die basically! You'll have to tell me how it is when you go!

HAHA yes I am just so blessed honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Joining in! I finally caught up on this..loving the trip so far. I think I remember reading about you in one of Jess's TR's. I'm going to go back and read your other TR's too!
and thank you so much!! Gotta love Jess. I hope you enjoy the other TRs as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhoban View Post
Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your report. Thanks
Aww, thank YOU! I appreciate you reading my Disney ramblings.
__disneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #514
RKew
Earning My Ears

Great Report Lia! Headed down on April 19th....I can expect the Flower & g but also Food and wine ?
Also looking for the cupcakes from DHS...I saw a choc peanut butter one in one of your photos...

Can't wait to check into AKL and hit Epcot

Last edited by RKew; 03-07-2013 at 07:16 PM.
RKew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #515
awdwnut
Mouseketeer

Just got caught up on you last few updates. I cannot believe how great your luck is with the animals in AK, it is just crazy! And since I have not heard any guys respond to your red clad, high ponytail Jasmine line... Lets just say that I AM A BIG FAN.... Yeah, Jafar is a creepy weirdo, but I just can't argue with his makeover on Jasmine (HA!)

awdwnut
Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #516
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran

Ill admit it... That tiger was too cute!!!

Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423

scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #517
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Just read all of your report so far and you have had me smiling and giggling the whole way through. You are just adding to my excitement for my trip in September. Can't wait for more! I can only hope that our day at AK brings us as much excitement as yours did... imagine seeing other animals pooping!!!!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #518
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Okay, those tiger photos are ADORABLE! I remember spending almost 45 minutes watching the lions at MGM for the same reason...they were acting just like overgrown house cats! The handlers threw a big purple ball in there, and one of the younger lions was just going nuts with that ball. So cute!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #519
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Your Boma dinner outfit is spot on. It's good to see you recognize the need to match your outfit with the appropriate park/restaurant/ride. (or maybe that's just me)

I love your tigger pool party pics too! You had a fabulous day. So glad Lee-Anne got to see what she would have missed hanging out in the gift shops.

Animal Kingdom is great already, but your TR makes me see it in a whole new light. Seriously, anyone who can make tiger poop a "must do" is genius!

Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming.
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #520
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKew View Post
Great Report Lia! Headed down on April 19th....I can expect the Flower & g but also Food and wine ?
Also looking for the cupcakes from DHS...I saw a choc peanut butter one in one of your photos...

Can't wait to check into AKL and hit Epcot
Thank you!!

Yeah, it's basically the Flower & Garden Festival combined with the Food & Wine Festival, except they have different menu items and booths. But it's the same idea.

I actually never got the chocolate peanut butter one! Not yet, anyway, but I would love to try it. My favorite is the Red Vevlet Cheesecake Cupcake and I also had the Butterfinger Cupcake on this trip which was delicious as well.

I'm so jealous you're staying at AKL! I really wanted to stay there on the upcoming trip but Lee-Anne and I couldn't agree on it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll stay there one day. It's been a dream of mine for so long! I hope you have a wonderful time there, you'll have to report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Just got caught up on you last few updates. I cannot believe how great your luck is with the animals in AK, it is just crazy! And since I have not heard any guys respond to your red clad, high ponytail Jasmine line... Lets just say that I AM A BIG FAN.... Yeah, Jafar is a creepy weirdo, but I just can't argue with his makeover on Jasmine (HA!)

awdwnut
I know!! I don't know where all this Animal Kingdom luck comes from but I wish it would manifest in other ways in my life. LOL.

OKAY... I admit Jasmine looks super hot in the red outfit but the girl is a dime! She would look good in anything. Jafar is just so gross though with his "I WANT PRINCESS JASMINE TO FALL DESPERATELY IN LOVE WITH ME" ugh, go home dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post
Ill admit it... That tiger was too cute!!!
She is the most precious ever! That is... until she rips your head off. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Just read all of your report so far and you have had me smiling and giggling the whole way through. You are just adding to my excitement for my trip in September. Can't wait for more! I can only hope that our day at AK brings us as much excitement as yours did... imagine seeing other animals pooping!!!!
Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you are loving it. :D

I KNOW! I hope to see all of the AK animals poop in my lifetime. That is quite a lot of animals so I better get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Okay, those tiger photos are ADORABLE! I remember spending almost 45 minutes watching the lions at MGM for the same reason...they were acting just like overgrown house cats! The handlers threw a big purple ball in there, and one of the younger lions was just going nuts with that ball. So cute!
Wait.. there were LIONS AT MGM? Are you talking about MGM as in the park formerly known as The Disney/MGM Studios or the actual MGM studios?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post
Your Boma dinner outfit is spot on. It's good to see you recognize the need to match your outfit with the appropriate park/restaurant/ride. (or maybe that's just me)

I love your tigger pool party pics too! You had a fabulous day. So glad Lee-Anne got to see what she would have missed hanging out in the gift shops.

Animal Kingdom is great already, but your TR makes me see it in a whole new light. Seriously, anyone who can make tiger poop a "must do" is genius!

Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming.
Thank you! I love planning my outfits for Disney, haha. I've been doing it for my trip that is still 2+ months away!

ME TOO! It really was an amazing day!

hahaha Thank you so much! If anything is a testament to my genius, it's that, so I'm glad you noticed.

Thanks for reading them!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #521
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Wait.. there were LIONS AT MGM? Are you talking about MGM as in the park formerly known as The Disney/MGM Studios or the actual MGM studios?!
OMG I'm so dumb, that should have said the MGM Grand, as in Las Vegas. That was pretty important info to have left out!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #522
__disneygirl

HAHAHAHA okay yes. Now I remember hearing about the lions in Vegas! I would love to see that.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #523
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 23, 2012
Day 3, Part 9 In Which I Lose It... Several Times

Settle in. This is a long update! I want to burn through this report as quickly as I can due to my next trip that is happening in just over TWO months! But I don't want the quality to suffer. I will still include more details than really anyone needs to know, so we're good!

We took the bus back to Pop Century, changed clothes, and went over to Epcot!

So we walk in and just when we're passing SSE, I notice something little zipping around on the ground!

What was it? Why, it was A TOY MONORAIL WITH MINNIE MOUSE ON TOP OF IT GIVING OUT MICKEY STICKERS, OF COURSE!

It was so adorable! I have never seen that before. The sign said "Please take a sticker" and so of course I did. I looked around and spotted a nearby CM who was just standing there with her hand hidden, so I assume it was her controlling it. The little monorail kept chasing kids around and driving up to people and stuff. SO SO SO CUTE.

Oh Disney.

We then booked it over to World Showcase since we actually missed the first Hanson show. But that was okay because the 2nd and 3rd were MAGNIFICENT!!!!

I'm gonna talk a lot about Hanson, so if you don't care, scroll on!

The 2nd show was kicked off right with my #1 favorite song from their latest album, Shout it Out. It's called And I Waited (http://youtu.be/wYsh0sSg6Dw). I go crazy when I hear this live. The first time I got to preview the album at Webster Hall in NYC 3 years ago, this is the song that immediately stood out, and I've been in love with it ever since.

SO YEAH I JUST LOST IT. They followed this up with two songs from their first record, "A Minute Without You" (another one that makes me go crazy and jump throughout the whole thing) and "Thinking of You". They play these pretty often but I was on such a high from hearing "And I Waited" so I freaked out like it was my first time hearing them live or something.

Next was "Thinkin Bout Something", the first single off of Shout It Out and another favorite. After that was "Penny and Me". This song is epic to me because it was the first single that came out after I really got into the band. We had just heard it live yesterday, but like I said, I was just so so happy and in this euphoric magical musical state.

I screamed when I heard the first notes of their next song. It was Hanson's cover of The Beatles' classic "Oh Darling!" The Beatles are tied with Hanson for my favorite band of all time so this combination makes me get on my knees and bow.

After that was "MMMBop" which never gets old. They closed the set with "This Time Around", one of those songs that just means everything to us Hanson fans.

It was an absolutely great set, and really put me in HANSON mode. Like the day before I was more in Disney mode and Hanson was just a nice bonus. This set made me feel like I was at a real Hanson show.

I honestly have no memory or pictures of what happened in between the sets. It was a blur. When I'm in Hanson mode, I'm gone. There are hearts in my eyes and I'm Penny Lane dancing to Cat Stevens in an empty concert hall. Everything else kinda settles.

THE LAST SHOW WAS THE BEST SHOW OF THEM ALL. Oh my God, we were crying and dying the entire time. By this point we were SO pumped up from the previous show that it just made the last one even BETTER. I didn't even care what they played, I was gonna rock out and dance and sing like there was no tomorrow.

They started with "Where's The Love", one of their early hits that I am pretty sick of hearing live. But I didn't care. Next they played "And I Waited" AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say about that. Is AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! And: I LOVE YOU ZAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, I am not one of those annoying girls who screams that during/after songs. But I scream it in my head daily.

The third song made Lee-Anne and I hold hands and jump up and down like little kids. It was "Get Up And Go" from their 2004 album Underneath which takes us back to a place and time we really wish wasn't over. It's such an upbeat, fun song and AMAZING live. It took us to the next level of excitement.

Next was "Penny and Me" again, then "Give A Little" which is not one of my favorites but like I said, I didn't care. Another round of "MMMBop", and then. THEN!!!!!!!!!!!

They played "Hey", another classic from Underneath. This is another song that is so great live because they do this thing where they have us scream HEY a million times and I always pound my fists and go mental and oh man, it was Heaven.

For the last song... I swear. I SWEAR Taylor reads my mind sometimes.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

THEY DID "IN THE CITY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this effing song so much, for many reasons... one, it's different from a lot of their other songs, it's a bit edgy and sexy and cool in a way that their songs usually aren't. The other thing is, it's one of their best songs to hear live. Taylor goes mental during this. I mean, he's worse than me. Usually he is playing an instrument while performing and so he is standing in one place. During In The City he just sings, and so he takes the mic and runs around the stage like his life depends on it. You probably think I'm exaggerating when I use the word "goes mental", I mean, this is Hanson, not Guns N Roses, right?

WRONG.

The first time I heard "In The City" live it was in Scranton, PA. I was 14 and standing directly in front of Taylor's piano. He climbed on top of it, stood up, and then LEAPED forward, almost falling off the edge of the stage. Meaning, he was inches away from falling onto ME. NO ONE WAS MAD.

The second time I heard this song live it was in Milwaukee, WI. There was some kind of rope hanging from the balcony that reached down to the stage, kind of like the rope in gym class. During the song, Taylor CLIMBED THE ROPE, high fived a bunch of fans, and then hung from the balcony. I was on the balcony. The things this man will do to get to me, I swear!

And now the third and final story, just so you can fully grasp the craziness of "In The City" so you can get a glimpse into what it was like that night in Disney. Another time I heard this song live, I was at a venue called TOAD'S PLACE in New Haven, CT. While performing the song, Taylor again climbed atop his piano. This really isn't that rare of a thing for him to do as you're probably aware of by now. He then noticed he was only a couple feet away from the ceiling panels. He then jumped up and grabbed onto them, pulling himself off the piano and swung side to side.

So yeah. My point is, Hanson ended their Disney shows with a bang. Isaac and Taylor were literally shoving each other on the stage. Of course this was instigated by Taylor (A.K.A. my sweet baboo). This is Disney, so I knew he couldn't climb any scaffolding or jump off anything, so he just roughed up his bro a little bit. OH WE SCREAMED. As the Stones say, IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL BUT I LIKE IT.

@babybritney: Now THAT felt like a real (expletive) Hanson show.

We left the way we leave them every time: sweating, screaming, and praying to God that they announce new tour dates in the morning. Cause once you see your favorite band again, you just can't imagine not seeing them. Just like leaving Disney, it sucks when you're in it and suddenly you're not.

Sigh.

I LOVE YOU HANSON.

It was perfect.

Of course, the Hanson shows being over definitely felt a lot less sad being that we WERE IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most ideal situation in the history of my life?! I think so.

After we filed out of the theatre, we tried to collect ourselves but as usual we failed. So we frumped it over to the Beach Club so we could catch a bus to Downtown Disney!

We stopped in Japan because Lee-Anne had forgotten to purchase something she really wanted from the night before.

@babybritney: I will have this entire shelf. Arigato.

Especially the POCKY!!!!!! Uhhdjskjfh Pocky is the best. Thank God they sell it in several places near my house because I would die without eating it on the regular.

Ok so truth be told, I don't remember what Lee-Anne bought. However, there are a couple pictures I actually took the night before and forgot to include in the update, so I may as well post them here!

This is the adorable CM that rang us up. Lee-Anne speaks some Japanese so they had a conversation I didn't really understand... however it was all very cute!

There was some English spoken too, so I wasn't completely in the dark. Lee-Anne told her about some of her time living in Japan and the CM was so pleased! Such a sweet person.

After that, it was off to Downtown Disney... but I just HAD to stop in France for a little appetizer first!

I had been dying to try the Coq au Vin sur Gratin de Macaroni, and even though we were headed to eat, I didn't care. I'm pretty much never full, so that's not a concern of mine.

I ate it as we walked to the International Gateway and onward to the Beach Club. IT WAS SO GOOD!

There was a lot of stuff on that little plate, but basically it was pork, pearl onions, and pasta smothered in a red wine sauce. OH MY GOD THE SAUCE WAS UNREAL. I don't eat onions but I loved the rest of it. What a perfect little prelude to Raglan Road that was! VIVA LA FRANCE OMG.

We caught the Downtown Disney bus at the Beach Club bus stop and got off at the 2nd stop for the West Side!

I WAS SO EXCITED. I love the West Side, but rarely spend time there. It always seems to be raging there, like everyone is having the best time. I had also been dying to try Raglan Road for years, and I couldn't wait to finally get in there!

Ahh I love all the Halloween stuff so much.

Speaking of Halloween stuff, of course there was a robot scarecrow performing in the West Side.

Like.

Duh.

I don't know if you've ever seen one of these guys, but they're always on the street in touristy areas of NYC such as Times Square. The ones I usually see paint their skin silver and make robot sounds while making very precise robot movements and having funny interactions with a crowd. Of all the talents to master, it seems like an odd choice to me, but hey, everybody's gotta be doing something, right?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a scene from Eurotrip that features one of these performers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1gFIablZXo *Warning: Content in video may not be DIS Appropriate, proceed with caution. And by that I mean: if you have never seen Eurotrip, watch it immediately. "Hey, this isn't where I parked my car!"*

I thought it was so random to see one of them in Disney. Especially dressed as a scarecrow. He drew quite a crowd, but we had an ADR to get to!!

We checked in at the podium and were seated right away. I was VERY pleased when I realized they hire Irish people (AKA: ATTRACTIVE IRISH GUYS WITH ACCENTS) to work here. Oh... it was just beautiful. The place was so loud and alive with musicians on stage playing Irish music. It was awesome!

YAY! I'M FINALLY HERE!

We were seated right in front of the stage near the bar. It was a great area to be in! Unfortunately, my back was to the stage so I had to keep turning around, but that was really the only negative thing about our whole experience.

You probably know by now I love Disney light fixtures, and the ones here were very cool!

Here is the menu!

I enjoyed it because I love any menu that says something besides "Appetizers" and "Entrees". "It's All To Devour" sounds a lot cooler than "Entrees"!

The menu also had all kinds of cool stuff to read on the back, including this FAQ.

You can also learn to speak Dublinese, which I did not know was a thing!

We started off by ordering drinks. I can't remember what Lee-Anne got, but I got the Samuel Adams seasonal on tap, which was the ridiculously delicious OKTOBERFEST. Oh man, I looovooeoeoeooeoe this beer. I love how on this trip I went from someone who tolerated beer in the right circumstance to basically a beer connoisseur. I can't wait to try 6,000 more kinds at the Flower & Garden & Booze Festival!!!

After a few songs, the band left and Irish dancers took the stage!!!

I love dancing so much. I haven't done it a lot lately, but I was in classes for most of my childhood/teen years and even did competitive dance for awhile. Now I take random classes but I miss doing it on the regular so bad! I was actually really sad when I didn't get a dance teaching job I wanted right before we left for the trip, but let's not get into my sob story! Sigh. Anyway, of all the types of dance I've tried, I've never really been into Irish dancing, but seeing this totally made me want to do it! I am part Irish on my mom's side, so what I'm saying is I should just MOVE to Dublin, or whatever part of Ireland is featured in the awesome movie P.S. I Love You (because the scenery in that movie was DIVINE! great movie in general btw SEE THAT ONE TOO), and start a new life. I'm sure within seconds I will meet an attractive Irish musician at a pub and we will tour together. I will dance and he will play guitar and we will become a nationwide and eventually global sensation.

WHEW.

That's gonna be fun!

Anyway, then one of the dancers got on this cute little stage in the middle of the room and danced by herself! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had noticed that little stage, but it didn't even occur to me that someone would jump up there and perform so that was such a cool surprise!

Our waiter brought us some bread and dipping oil, which I don't remember being my favorite? I think it was okay. I really can't remember because things were about to get CRAY.

I have wanted to try the Mighty Mixed Grill here since 2008, but of course on the spot I decided on a burger instead!

I had hardly eaten anything all day in preparation for eating at Food & Wine, and then I barely had time what with us getting to the Hanson shows late and missing the first one, so before the bread all I had eaten that day was the Zebra Cupcake and the little Coq au Vin plate!

SO... in gobbling up this DELICIOUS burger (the fries were my favorite though - the perfect middle ground in between skinny fries and steak fries) and downing the huge beer... I started to get a wee bit floopy.

I have to admit, even though it was an upbeat, fun place and I was staring down and flirting with cute Irishmen, I suddenly got tired. I get REALLY SILLY when I get tired. Like, more silly than when I'm drunk, if I'm super tired I am a lunatic.

Tiredness + beer + food + BEING IN DISNEY WORLD + HAVING JUST SEEN HANSON PERFORM FLAWLESS SHOWS IN DISNEY WORLD = me being a RIDICULOUS person.

All of the overwhelming things about the past few days suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks.

Have you ever had a real laughing fit? I don't mean laughing for a minute straight over a really funny joke. I mean laughter that goes on for several minutes, makes your eyes water, and your stomach hurt, and no matter WHAT YOU DO... YOU CAN. NOT. STOP. And you don't even know why you started laughing in the first place!

You just have to ride it out. There's nothing you can do. It's like throwing up. IT'S GOTTA COME OUT. You just have to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh until your brain calms down.

My brain did not calm down for a good 10 minutes.

Lee-Anne was scared.

I've never seen her look at me that way before and we have had our own laughing fits, but never like this. Usually they start because something funny happened. Lee-Anne was truly puzzled because nothing funny happened, I literally just started laughing and did not stop.

She asked me several times if I was okay. I kept trying to get out that I was just overwhelmed with joy and this is what happens to me, but it probably wasn't coming out clear because of the cacophony of other sounds bellowing out of me.

"So this is what it's like to sit across from a mental patient," she said.

She had to go to the restroom and I was still in the midst of the utter fit. So I just continued laughing like a maniac alone. I probably have never looked more insane, and that is really saying something when it comes to me.

I finally stopped sometime before she came back and when she saw I was no longer cracking up, she seemed relieved. LOL.

Despite scaring my friend, I was actually so happy that the laughing fit happened. It was one of those fits that is just so massive, it really only happens once every few years, and even though it literally hurts, it also feels SO good. I mean it's like when you're devastated and can't stop sobbing, but the opposite. It just feels AWESOME to let yourself go like that. I was very, very happy.

We skipped dessert because we were already so full, and who knows what on earth my reaction would be to sugar at a time like this. Looking back, we definitely should have gotten something to go being that it came with our dining plan! Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

Overall it was a Two Very Enthusiastic Thumbs Up for Raglan Road. I had a blast even not counting the laughing fit. The food was delicious, I don't remember anything bad about the service, the Irish guys were attractive, the place was lively and fun with great entertainment.

I will surely be back! I'm actually planning to take Gina there when she joins our Birthday Festivus trip in May! We have a tradition of drinking in MANY different locations every time we're together, so we're planning to do a Disney bar crawl. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Ok so I have one more picture from tonight and I'm pretty sure it was taken at the Downtown Disney bus stop... but I can't remember!

I seriously don't remember anything about the rest of the evening, it's a haze of hilarity. I do have a few tweets.

@babybritney: Alcohol is is so pretty. If that makes me an alcoholic, then fine. - Lee-Anne

@babybritney: "Next week ill be in like, New Jersey or New York or something." "Are those Cast Members?"

@babybritney: Loved Raglan Road. Wish I wasn't so overwhelmed with sensory overload so I could have enjoyed it more. Also: Irish guys.

@babybritney: THE SOONER I GO TO BED THE SOONER I CAN WAKE UP AND GO ON TOY STORY MANIA!!!!!!!!!!

Up Next: A new day! BACK TO MY CRACK-LIKE ADDICTION!!!!

Last edited by __disneygirl; 03-20-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #524
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

THE TIGERS. Dying.

Oh my GOD. The monorail with Minnie in it! That is like the cutest thing ever.

WHY HAVEN’T I BEEN TO RAGLAN ROAD. I mean, hot Irish guys, food, and dancing. WHYYYYYY.

I had a laughing fit back in August. At Epcot. Over some French Guys. That is another story for another time though…
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #525
khertz

GAH! Can't believe I missed In the City! I have seen them perform it live exactly once, and it was pretty much a life changing experience. Remember last tour how they let fans vote on an album to be highlighted during the show? For the New Orleans show, TTA was totally winning until the day of when MON took the lead and won. I was SO BUMMED...most of my favorite songs are on TTA, and yes MON is great, but how many times have we heard those songs played live, people?! SERIOUSLY. Please go listen to Live From Albertane again and VOTE FOR TTA GEEZ.

Anyway, I am glad for you & Lee-Ann that the last show was a highlight, even if I missed it myself!

Raglan Road looks like a lot of fun!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: