Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #466
disneychic
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North West, NJ
Posts: 2,804

Loving your TR! It's keeping me busy while I countdown the next 12 days till my next WDW trip!


Can't wait to read some more
__________________
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #467
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Loving your TR! It's keeping me busy while I countdown the next 12 days till my next WDW trip!


Can't wait to read some more
Thank you!!! WOOO HOOO you're down to 11 days now! Have a magical beyond magical trip!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #468
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,397

OCTOBER 23, 2012
Day 3, Part 4 In Which Now THAT'S A Lion!!!!!!!!


Our first stop in Africa was Kilimanjaro Safaris!

Luckily, there was no wait. I was very anxious though, because as many of you know... depending on which animals feel like making appearances, you can have either a good safari or a GREAT safari.

I knew this was Lee-Anne's only chance this trip to go on, and I *really* hoped it would be great for her! I have seen so many amazing animals up and about and in your face on this safari over the years, and I was hoping the fantastic luck I usually have with the animals would continue.

I especially wanted her to see the lions up and about - if you've read my past TRs you know how much I ADORE them and how I've been so lucky to see the male up and walking around, growling and overall being very Mufasa like, so I was really REALLY hoping she'd get to see him up too!

Fingers crossed, we headed out to the African Savannah.

The vultures were standing in a line and every single one had their wings spread!



It was crazy... on and on we went and the line of vultures continued, all looking like they were ready for a SHOWDOWN. it was crazy!



I LOVE GIRAFFES!



I could stare at these spots all day.



Some of them were hiding!





We then stumbled on a very serious African animal meeting!



I was so happy to get a great view of the elephants, but it was weird to see this netting in front of them. Never saw that before!



I can't see an ostrich without thinking of Dude, Where's My Car LOL



Pretty cheetahs!!!



So far, everything had gone pretty well... but would the lions be up?!? The anticipation was killing me!

FIRST GLIMPSE!!!



The answer was yes. YES, the lions were up.



!!?@@?@??!?!?Z!?>m;lkmLK@?@?@>@KN@KJKJ!B!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

YOU.

HAVE.

NO.

IDEA.

HOW.

UNBELIEVABLY.

UNREAL.

THIS.

MOMENT.

WAS.



YEAH HE WAS ROARING. I FELL OVER AND DIED.

Like.

I saw a lion roar. How many people in the world can say that? Or should I say, how many people who are still alive with all limbs in tact can say that?

THANK YOU DISNEY!

Whew.

That ruled. But there was some serious drama going on in the animal kingdom. And I don't mean in Disney's Animal Kingdom(R), which is where we of course were. I mean in the literal kingdom of animals.



Not in a good mood. Someone had P.O.'ed this fella.



Maybe he was in an argument with the wife?



We've all been there. But wait....



TWO LIONESSES?!?!?!

Uh oh.

I was afraid some Real Lionesses of Disney's Animal Kingdom was being filmed, cause there was DRAMA.



GEEZ! The lion was trying to rub his mane on the lioness and it was really cute, but she was not having it!

What I think happened is that the lion cheated on his lioness with another lioness. And the lioness mistress didn't know that he was taken because he totally lied about being single. So the mistress showed up at their Pride Rock and was all, "I hit that." and the wife lioness was all "Aw HALE NO." Both lionesses were really mad at each other first before realizing that the cat to blame here was obviously that two timing son of a jackal. So then they decided to ban together and they were all "Whatever, loser." and just decided to ignore his adulterating butt!





Regretting his indiscretions obvs.



I love how the lionesses aren't even looking at him.



*YAWN* OVER IT!



Even though he is a cheating jerk... you gotta admit he's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. Ain't that always the way?




Who... am I?

WHEW.

Stunning.

Amazing.

So yeah... my animal luck continued. Obviously. That was one of the coolest things I have EVER witnessed!!!

Up Next: More beyond special animal moments that I never expected!!!

Last edited by __disneygirl; 04-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #469
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita
 
beachphotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: State of Sunshine
Posts: 497

Oh my, wow. Dead. Literally dead. The lions?! I can't handle it. Even. At all.

Perfection.

Hahaha! The real lioness of the Animal Kingdom! You are too much and so funny!

What a great update!
__________________
Susie


Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #470
awdwnut
Mouseketeer
 
awdwnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Montana
Posts: 347

Lia,

The Lying King drama is too freaking funny! Great work as always, can't wait for the next installment in this TR masterpiece..

Rob & Jenn
__________________

Last edited by awdwnut; 03-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.
awdwnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #471
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42

Lia ---- OMG!! You are the funniest thing.ever! I love the Lion Saga!!


That is amazing seeing the Lion Roar!!!!

If you mentioned it, I must have missed it, did Lee-Anne like the safari ride? Crazy as this sounds I've heard so many people who don't enjoy and I'm like Whaaaa?!?!?! It's the greatest

PS : better not let Jess hear you talking about her Disney pizza!! Lol!! I will have to say I love Disney Pizza too, really I love all pizza from most anywhere ..... But I dont live anywhere that is famous for pizza so maybe this is my problem ...
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #472
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!
 
Enchantress01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Beach Club is home-the greeter told me so
Posts: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post


I was afraid some Real Lionesses of Disney's Animal Kingdom was being filmed, cause there was DRAMA.
Real Lionesses of Animal Kingdom. Mufasa just thinks he's all that.

I love that you and Lee-Anne got to experience the most incredible animal kingdom moment evvaa! I hope she loved it.

Those vultures on the other hand. For a moment there, I thought you two were going to be dinner. Nice dramatic lead up to the lions Disney.
__________________


DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #473
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Oh my, wow. Dead. Literally dead. The lions?! I can't handle it. Even. At all.

Perfection.

Hahaha! The real lioness of the Animal Kingdom! You are too much and so funny!

What a great update!
I couldn't handle it either! LOL

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Lia,

The Lying King drama is too freaking funny! Great work as always, can't wait for the next installment in this TR masterpiece..

Rob & Jenn
HAHAHA "THE LYING KING" oh my god that is the perfect title. I should probably re-name this entire trip report.

Thanks guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
Lia ---- OMG!! You are the funniest thing.ever! I love the Lion Saga!!


That is amazing seeing the Lion Roar!!!!

If you mentioned it, I must have missed it, did Lee-Anne like the safari ride? Crazy as this sounds I've heard so many people who don't enjoy and I'm like Whaaaa?!?!?! It's the greatest

PS : better not let Jess hear you talking about her Disney pizza!! Lol!! I will have to say I love Disney Pizza too, really I love all pizza from most anywhere ..... But I dont live anywhere that is famous for pizza so maybe this is my problem ...
hhahaha Thank you!

It was quite a sight to behold!

Yes, she loved it!! It's crazy that there are some people who don't enjoy the safari! I don't get it. I agree, it's the greatest!

I'm sure Jess doesn't mind lol. MORE DISNEY PIZZA FOR HER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post
Real Lionesses of Animal Kingdom. Mufasa just thinks he's all that.

I love that you and Lee-Anne got to experience the most incredible animal kingdom moment evvaa! I hope she loved it.

Those vultures on the other hand. For a moment there, I thought you two were going to be dinner. Nice dramatic lead up to the lions Disney.
hahaha he really does. Someone has to bring him back down to earth.

Me toooo! She did love it! I told her that she was very lucky and that kind of lion drama definitely doesn't always go on!

OMG I know. That in itself was crazy! The vultures seriously looked like they were ready for a rumble!!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #474
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Hahaha I would TOTALLY watch TRLOTAK.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #475
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,555

Just trying to get caught up after being in Disney last week! I'm never going to remember everything I have to comment on!! Ahhhh!!!

That was sweet of you to let Lee-Anne sleep in! I can't do it in Disney, my husband always wants to sleep too, and I'm like "OMG we're IN DISNEY, GET UP!!!!" I usually either sit there anxiously and wonder how early is TOO early to wake him up, or I wander around the resort for a little while!

Those characters from UP are so cute! I'd love to meet them, but I should probably see the movie first, right? I've been avoiding it, because I feel like I'm not going to be able to handle it, everyone tells me it it's sad. I'd rather watch a princess movie with a happy ending! But that dog is just SO cute, I feel like I have to watch it, just for that dog alone!

OMG you saw the lion ROAR!!! So jealous!!! On this past safari that I just saw on my trip, I actually saw the male lion and 2 lioness' as well, but they were not close to each other at all. Maybe they were still mad at him from when you saw him, after he got caught cheating? Not sure, there should really be a reality show to explain that soap opera!

Yay, caught up! Now if I could only get caught up on my own TR!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #476
cindianne320
Mouseketeer
 
cindianne320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 448

What an awesome safari! What time of day was it? After lunch?

We went first thing in the morning on our first visit and they were wide awake, too!
__________________
DH Me DS (4) DD (1)
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #477
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha I would TOTALLY watch TRLOTAK.
Well you have to stand by for when I pitch this show to Animal Planet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Just trying to get caught up after being in Disney last week! I'm never going to remember everything I have to comment on!! Ahhhh!!!

That was sweet of you to let Lee-Anne sleep in! I can't do it in Disney, my husband always wants to sleep too, and I'm like "OMG we're IN DISNEY, GET UP!!!!" I usually either sit there anxiously and wonder how early is TOO early to wake him up, or I wander around the resort for a little while!

Those characters from UP are so cute! I'd love to meet them, but I should probably see the movie first, right? I've been avoiding it, because I feel like I'm not going to be able to handle it, everyone tells me it it's sad. I'd rather watch a princess movie with a happy ending! But that dog is just SO cute, I feel like I have to watch it, just for that dog alone!

OMG you saw the lion ROAR!!! So jealous!!! On this past safari that I just saw on my trip, I actually saw the male lion and 2 lioness' as well, but they were not close to each other at all. Maybe they were still mad at him from when you saw him, after he got caught cheating? Not sure, there should really be a reality show to explain that soap opera!

Yay, caught up! Now if I could only get caught up on my own TR!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I have to catch up on your last TR too. So much to read!!

haha yeah it's difficult! That's why we decided on a wake up time the night before, because I didn't want to be sitting there wondering if I should or shouldn't wake her up and stuff.

Aww definitely watch the movie! It does have a happy ending, it's just different than most! It's truly a beautiful film. And I mean, it's less soul crushing than Toy Story 3 to be honest. That one kills me every time!!

Yeah it's always a different story with the lions, you never know what is going to happen! I like you're theory though, I'm sure they'll be mad for a long time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
What an awesome safari! What time of day was it? After lunch?

We went first thing in the morning on our first visit and they were wide awake, too!
Way after lunch! Hmm... I wanna say probably around 3!

I don't think I've ever been to the safari first thing in the morning, but I've heard several times that the animals are usually very active then.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #478
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

Ahhh the photos of you guys and dug and Russell are the cutest!!!
That movie ruined me emotionally too... I made the mistake of watching it on a plane...on my own. Emotional mess!!

That guitar playing guy is great!

I would totally quit my life to be a dancing zebra. Would clearly be the best life choice.

I love that the pizza made you cringe. You really crack me up

Holy lions! You have THE BEST animal luck ever!
I can't believe you got to experience that whole drama! LUCKY!
I would watch Real Lionesses if it was a show. Love that drama!

Have you decided what to do for your birthday yet?

Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #479
FancyNancy
Princess
 
FancyNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 729

Those are some awesome pics! The last time we went the male lion was just laying down like "yeah I know I'm a lion and obviously you want to look at me but get it over with and move along!"
__________________

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #480
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Those are some of the best photos of the lions at AK I have ever seen! How great that you got to see them up and moving around so much, although it was obviously a domestic dispute about to erupt.
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: