Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #451
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

OCTOBER 23, 2012
Day 3, Part 3 In Which Timon Sees the Cousins

Off we headed to Festival of the Lion King!

(Don't miss the other update I just did at the bottom of the last page! :D)

Once we got to camp, I spotted this beautiful butterfly!

I love when you see a creature like this just randomly while at Animal Kingdom. Great and small, they're all here.

I also love the trash cans.

This guy was playing near the FOTLK entrance.

He was good! I would have given him some money if he had a guitar case open in front of him!

And then it was time for one of the BEST things at Walt Disney World, FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to post any pictures because it is just impossible for me to get an even half decent shot of this show so I just sit back and enjoy the amazingness.

Timon, however, did make me take one pic:

HIM AND HIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he cried. I cried. Lee-Anne cried. WE ALL CRIED.

I really don't have much else to say. It' an unbelievable show. As I've said before, I actually love it more than The Lion King on Broadway.

It's just that good!

@babybritney: I have news. I'm moving to Disney to become a dancing zebra.

*sigh* I wish! If I could do any job at Disney, that would probably be it.

After the show, Lee-Anne said she was hungry, so I told her about the CS options at AK. I wasn't hungry b/c it really hadn't been too long since I'd eaten that big breakfast. Plus, I was saving my hunger for The Food and Wine Festival!!!

I advised against Disney CS "pizza"... I mean with the great CS places in AK it would not be my 1st, 2nd, or 85th choice.

I put it in quotes because though it IS dough with sauce and cheese on top, it's not really PIZZA. I mean. Come on.

I WOULD eat it if the choice was to eat that or like... a zebra. I love zebras so I would feel bad about eating one and ONLY THEN would I go for the Disney "pizza".

I'd probably still get kicked out of New Jersey though and told never to return to New York. For eating such "pizza" even in a dire situation.

Lee-Anne is from Philly so she does not understand how serious we are about pizza around here. Plus Pizzafari was close by, so she said she would just have that.

I'll go here any day of the week. Not to eat, but for the art! It's just one of the coolest looking restaurants ever.

Lee-Anne chose the veggie pizza. I didn't realize this, but she didn't fully understand the dining plan. So when we were ordering and paying she was really confused, and the CM at the register was so patient while I explained every detail of it. The DDP can sound like a mess to people who do not spend hours obsessing over ADRs, but she eventually got the jist.

She then said that she didn't want a drink because she already had some water in her bag. I was like, "But it's free! You already paid for it." And she was like... "But I already have a drink." And I was like BUT IT'S FREE!

To me it's kind of wasting money if you don't take full advantage of your dining plan. But she didn't want anything, so I said "Ok, I'll get something." and I got a bottle of water.

Then we got to the dessert. She didn't want dessert. The exact same thing happened where I was like, "But it's free!" "But I don't want dessert." "It comes with your meal. You paid for it. Get something for later even!" "Nah, I don't want anything."

So I got a cookie. LOL. I quickly learned to stop arguing... because it meant free drinks and desserts for moi!!!!!! The only thing better than Free Dining is Free Dining with bonuses cause your friend doesn't want stuff! What WHAAAAAT!

Here is the area we sat in.

And the food!

She said the pizza was good. I cringed in its presence, but she seemed to enjoy it, and that's all that matters.

My water and cookie was... you know, water and a cookie. Overall not a very exciting dining experience. LOL.

After she finished eating, Lee-Anne went to the bathroom and I took pictures of masks! Woo!

When she came out, we headed over to Africa, where they don't say goodbye. They say go well!

Up Next: We finally see some ANIMALS!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #452
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting to meet Dug and Russell from UP!!! How cute are they???

(Don't think I missed that "Bye, Bye, Bye" reference!! Even though I was a MUCH bigger BSB fan back in the day. Sorry! )

Okay, I totally and completely understand what you mean about Disney pizza vs Jersey pizza! But I kind of regard Disney pizza in the level of frozen pizza, vs. real pizza!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #453
mom2munchkins
Mouseketeer

Your zebra comment made me literally LOL. I'm at the library using the computers so as you can imagine they were not to happy with me.. Been a bad few days so the laugh was needed THANKS!!

Wilderness Lodge December 2010
mom2munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #454
FancyNancy
Princess

The part with Timon and his cousins was just beautiful! Loved the updates!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #455
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

THAT SEA TURTLE SKELETON IS SO COOL. I have never noticed it before!

It is a good thing the stores at Disney have so many awesome details to look at it. When I am at AK, I just want to see animals and musicals and hang out with the Yeti. You my friend, are very patient!

UMMMMM….DYING OVER HERE BECAUSE OF RUSSEL AND DUG. I have never seen them at AK before but I think they will be there more often now because of the wilderness explorers game that is coming… I HOPE.

I LOVE the picture of the pretty butterfly and Mickey.

Disney “pizza”… just ew. There are SO many more great options at AK, and plus you can get “pizza” anywhere else in Disney. Or those nasty “flatbreads.” EVEN WORSE.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #456
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Loved your latest updates! So many fun things to do at AK, and I loved your tweet...being one of those zebra dancers would be so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I advised against Disney CS "pizza"... I mean with the great CS places in AK it would not be my 1st, 2nd, or 85th choice.
I COMPLETELY feel you!! Disney CS restaurants do so many things stupendously. Pizza is not one of them.

Especially at the Animal Kingdom, where there's Yak & Yeti and Flame Tree...ah well, at least Pizzafari is really cute and colorful inside! And air conditioned. Always a plus.

Quote:
She then said that she didn't want a drink because she already had some water in her bag. I was like, "But it's free! You already paid for it." And she was like... "But I already have a drink." And I was like BUT IT'S FREE!

To me it's kind of wasting money if you don't take full advantage of your dining plan. But she didn't want anything, so I said "Ok, I'll get something." and I got a bottle of water.

Then we got to the dessert. She didn't want dessert. The exact same thing happened where I was like, "But it's free!" "But I don't want dessert." "It comes with your meal. You paid for it. Get something for later even!" "Nah, I don't want anything."
When I worked at the Boardwalk, I would sometimes check families in who were staying on the dining plan but hadn't done ANY research or made any ADR's. I would just stare at them, dumbfounded. We plan so meticulously to get the most value - use the snack credit for the $4.99 cupcake and not the 79 cent banana and all that - it's so strange to see people who just don't worry about it. But I guess that's how Disney makes money off of the dining plan!

Quote:
So I got a cookie. LOL. I quickly learned to stop arguing... because it meant free drinks and desserts for moi!!!!!! The only thing better than Free Dining is Free Dining with bonuses cause your friend doesn't want stuff! What WHAAAAAT!
Love it.
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #457
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I'm BA-AAACK (say that like the girl from Poltergeist)! Haha, I'm sure it's not THAT terrifying, but I have returned from the dead once again (*wink, wink*) Really getting deep into this TR now, so excited I came back just in time. And I'm so happy to see Hula Timon actually being such an important piece of this TR! And I can totally relate to Lee-Anne on the constant need to shop in Disney. Though I feel for you and the need "to ride the rides, watch the shows, meet the characters, etc.", but I mean... it's DISNEY merchandise TO THE MAX! You can't go wrong there lbh

Can't wait to read about more!

P.S. Not sure if I told you this, but I finally saw Annie Hall. Really liked it and Diane Keaton does do a great job even though Woody's performance was actually my favorite, but that may be because I relate to Alvy Singer more. I think I'm going to watch Hannah and Her Sisters next since... MIA FARROW!!!!! Oh and I have a recommendation for you: Zero Dark Thirty. See it. Now. Totally worth it. Kathryn Bigelow = Snubbed at Oscars. Speaking of Oscars, what did you think? I know you aren't a big fan of Anne Hathaway so I'm interested to hear what your opinion is of what went down.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #458
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Oh, Dug and Russell!! I know what you mean about being an emotional wreck! I always skip the beginning because the love is so sweet, it makes me asad!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #459
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for getting to meet Dug and Russell from UP!!! How cute are they???

(Don't think I missed that "Bye, Bye, Bye" reference!! Even though I was a MUCH bigger BSB fan back in the day. Sorry! )

Okay, I totally and completely understand what you mean about Disney pizza vs Jersey pizza! But I kind of regard Disney pizza in the level of frozen pizza, vs. real pizza!
They're precious!

At the time I preferred *NSYNC although I loved BSB too, but I think BSB songs stand the test of time more. Like a lot of *NSYNC's songs are just flat out bad (though I still love them) while I feel like more of BSB's songs are genuinely good songs, especially their first album which I am in love with. They also have better voices, and *NSYNC has Justin, so blech @ him. But *NSYNC will always have a special place in my heart. I saw them live 3 times when I was 11 & 12 and had the time of my life!

I agree, Disney pizza is the equivalent to frozen pizza. Which is still okay, but why have something okay when you could have something marvelous? I don't know why grocery stores in Jersey even SELL frozen pizza when you can get the greatest stuff on earth on every street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins View Post
Your zebra comment made me literally LOL. I'm at the library using the computers so as you can imagine they were not to happy with me.. Been a bad few days so the laugh was needed THANKS!!
Aww that's wonderful. I hope your next few days are better, hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
The part with Timon and his cousins was just beautiful! Loved the updates!
haha Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
THAT SEA TURTLE SKELETON IS SO COOL. I have never noticed it before!

It is a good thing the stores at Disney have so many awesome details to look at it. When I am at AK, I just want to see animals and musicals and hang out with the Yeti. You my friend, are very patient!

UMMMMM….DYING OVER HERE BECAUSE OF RUSSEL AND DUG. I have never seen them at AK before but I think they will be there more often now because of the wilderness explorers game that is coming… I HOPE.

I LOVE the picture of the pretty butterfly and Mickey.

Disney “pizza”… just ew. There are SO many more great options at AK, and plus you can get “pizza” anywhere else in Disney. Or those nasty “flatbreads.” EVEN WORSE.
Me either! I don't know how I didn't notice a GIANT SKELETON, but that's Disney for ya: so much going on that you miss things like this.

I tried to be! It wasn't easy! But AK does have the most interesting stores as far as decoration goes. It's not just about the merchandise.

I haven't heard of that game but it sounds interesting!

Thank you!

Oh GOD I had the worst flatbread ever at AKL on my Dec 2011 trip. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Loved your latest updates! So many fun things to do at AK, and I loved your tweet...being one of those zebra dancers would be so much fun!

I COMPLETELY feel you!! Disney CS restaurants do so many things stupendously. Pizza is not one of them.

Especially at the Animal Kingdom, where there's Yak & Yeti and Flame Tree...ah well, at least Pizzafari is really cute and colorful inside! And air conditioned. Always a plus.

When I worked at the Boardwalk, I would sometimes check families in who were staying on the dining plan but hadn't done ANY research or made any ADR's. I would just stare at them, dumbfounded. We plan so meticulously to get the most value - use the snack credit for the $4.99 cupcake and not the 79 cent banana and all that - it's so strange to see people who just don't worry about it. But I guess that's how Disney makes money off of the dining plan!

Love it.
Thank you! I am so jealous of those dancing zebras!

Agreed. So many people are fine with paying $9 for a frozen pizza quality meal so they aren't gonna step it up I'm afraid.

Yes, I love Pizzafari despite the food! It's so awesome in there.

Oh my GOD I just don't understand guests when it comes to those who do no research IN GENERAL... I did the exact same thing, used all my snack credits for the expensive stuff like F&W dishes, you can use your credits for items that are 6, 7++ dollars! I saved so much money that way. I don't know why you wouldn't research it, that's just crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm BA-AAACK (say that like the girl from Poltergeist)! Haha, I'm sure it's not THAT terrifying, but I have returned from the dead once again (*wink, wink*) Really getting deep into this TR now, so excited I came back just in time. And I'm so happy to see Hula Timon actually being such an important piece of this TR! And I can totally relate to Lee-Anne on the constant need to shop in Disney. Though I feel for you and the need "to ride the rides, watch the shows, meet the characters, etc.", but I mean... it's DISNEY merchandise TO THE MAX! You can't go wrong there lbh

Can't wait to read about more!

P.S. Not sure if I told you this, but I finally saw Annie Hall. Really liked it and Diane Keaton does do a great job even though Woody's performance was actually my favorite, but that may be because I relate to Alvy Singer more. I think I'm going to watch Hannah and Her Sisters next since... MIA FARROW!!!!! Oh and I have a recommendation for you: Zero Dark Thirty. See it. Now. Totally worth it. Kathryn Bigelow = Snubbed at Oscars. Speaking of Oscars, what did you think? I know you aren't a big fan of Anne Hathaway so I'm interested to hear what your opinion is of what went down.
hahaha welcome BAAAACK. I'm glad you're enjoying Hula Timon! He got a little tired as the trip went on so he won't be showing up that much toward the end unfortunately.

ANNIE HALL IS THE BEST. I relate more to Alvy as well. I love Woody as an actor alone so much. He's just perfect in that movie, and so is Diane. Hannah and Her Sisters is nowhere near as good in my opinion, but still a great and classic Allen film.

I haven't seen ZDT yet, it doesn't spark my interest that much, but I will see it eventually.

The Oscars don't matter in my opinion. If you get to go to the Oscars, if you get to walk through that door, you've already won, and that's it really. I go between caring about them and not caring about them, because I do think it's great to celebrate film, but the format is not ideal. There should be a way to honor more films. As for this year's winners..

Argo - still didn't see it but I love Affleck

Screenplay - I love Tarantino so much. I don't think Django is his best screenplay but it's still better than 90% of movies so there you go.

Director - I know everyone was annoyed Affleck didn't get nominated, but I'm glad they changed it up and gave it to Ang Lee. I hate when something sweeps the Oscars, I like when different movies win different prizes and Ang Lee is fantastic.

Actors... DDL - ridiculously talented actor but getting boring at this point. Needs to change it up, like when he did the musical Nine. The film was panned but I LOVED it and it was a departure for him. He was great. Joaquin Phoenix deserved it this year, as did John Hawkes.
Jennifer Lawrence - Her award is less thanks to her performance and more thanks to everyone in Hollywood being desperate to please Harvey Weinstein. She's talented but no way she would have won that without him. There's *something* I like about her - I feel like in a sea of fake actresses she is probably the lesser of the evils. Even though everything she says is rehearsed and getting so tired... she's not that bad. I was not crazy about this category at all but I love Chastain. I was rooting for Emmanuelle Riva though.
Anne Hathaway - *sigh* Way way way way WAY worse than Jennifer when it comes to rehearsing every word that comes out of her mouth. Only time I liked her as an actress was in The Devil Wears Prada. She acts like a little girl doing what she thinks actresses do.
Christoph Waltz - F L A W L E S S actor, genuine, interesting, deserving. I'm surprised they gave it to him again but overjoyed. 100% deserved, although I would also have loved to see De Niro take it because his role in SLP was his first great one in years and plus having worked for the Tribeca Film Festival and met him several times I just *love* the man.

I liveblogged the show on my movie blog too! The best parts for me this year were the musical numbers honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Oh, Dug and Russell!! I know what you mean about being an emotional wreck! I always skip the beginning because the love is so sweet, it makes me asad!
I know, it was such a precious love story! I was so taken aback by it.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #460
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
hahaha welcome BAAAACK. I'm glad you're enjoying Hula Timon! He got a little tired as the trip went on so he won't be showing up that much toward the end unfortunately.

ANNIE HALL IS THE BEST. I relate more to Alvy as well. I love Woody as an actor alone so much. He's just perfect in that movie, and so is Diane. Hannah and Her Sisters is nowhere near as good in my opinion, but still a great and classic Allen film.

I haven't seen ZDT yet, it doesn't spark my interest that much, but I will see it eventually.

The Oscars don't matter in my opinion. If you get to go to the Oscars, if you get to walk through that door, you've already won, and that's it really. I go between caring about them and not caring about them, because I do think it's great to celebrate film, but the format is not ideal. There should be a way to honor more films. As for this year's winners..

Argo - still didn't see it but I love Affleck

Screenplay - I love Tarantino so much. I don't think Django is his best screenplay but it's still better than 90% of movies so there you go.

Director - I know everyone was annoyed Affleck didn't get nominated, but I'm glad they changed it up and gave it to Ang Lee. I hate when something sweeps the Oscars, I like when different movies win different prizes and Ang Lee is fantastic.

Actors... DDL - ridiculously talented actor but getting boring at this point. Needs to change it up, like when he did the musical Nine. The film was panned but I LOVED it and it was a departure for him. He was great. Joaquin Phoenix deserved it this year, as did John Hawkes.
Jennifer Lawrence - Her award is less thanks to her performance and more thanks to everyone in Hollywood being desperate to please Harvey Weinstein. She's talented but no way she would have won that without him. There's *something* I like about her - I feel like in a sea of fake actresses she is probably the lesser of the evils. Even though everything she says is rehearsed and getting so tired... she's not that bad. I was not crazy about this category at all but I love Chastain. I was rooting for Emmanuelle Riva though.
Anne Hathaway - *sigh* Way way way way WAY worse than Jennifer when it comes to rehearsing every word that comes out of her mouth. Only time I liked her as an actress was in The Devil Wears Prada. She acts like a little girl doing what she thinks actresses do.
Christoph Waltz - F L A W L E S S actor, genuine, interesting, deserving. I'm surprised they gave it to him again but overjoyed. 100% deserved, although I would also have loved to see De Niro take it because his role in SLP was his first great one in years and plus having worked for the Tribeca Film Festival and met him several times I just *love* the man.

I liveblogged the show on my movie blog too! The best parts for me this year were the musical numbers honestly.
Thanks and I promise not to disappear again!

I'm really trying to step away from my Oscar obsession now I've come to enjoy more and more movies. I feel I always find an awesome performance and a not-so awesome performance where the not-so awesome performance got an Oscar nom or win and the awesome performance just got no recognition. And this is the same with directors and movies. It just keeps on showing up. They just are interesting to watch considering careers can be revived, broken or made by a win. And seeing if maybe they actually get it right, that's exciting!

But anyways, I'm so glad you aren't totally hating J-Law. She's one of my favorite new actresses because even though there is a lot of stuff that feels rehearsed I agree, there seems something genuine to it all. Like what happened with Mr. Jack Nicholson, it was literally the most adorable thing I've ever seen. And I think it's great to see she hasn't fallen down the path of Kristen Stewart. I was happy to see her win the Oscar (even though I knew it probably wasn't hers to win) because she truly had a great year and that was her reward and to hoping she keeps it. Hopefully she won't have to depend on Weinstein in the long run. (And yeah, Chastain was fantastic in ZDT, but she was in the same boat as Viola Davis last year since ZDT was very ensemble-based)

You know how I feel about Anne Hathaway so I won't go into that again, but she deserved it wholly. Amazing performance though she was the only nominee I saw, but... it was just that good.

I have only seen DDL once and I wasn't blown away, but that's because I wasn't exactly really into the movie. I heard he was great in Lincoln, but I never saw it. I saw Denzel in Flight and I was hoping maybe he would win because it honestly was a PERFECT performance (the other nominee I saw was Jackman and... yeah, no chance for him) though Joaquin's Oscar is a long-time coming (even if he won't ever win due to his attitude towards award shows).

You rave about Christoph Waltz a lot on your blog I see his pictures being reblogged all the time and I've heard great things so I'm curious to see his performance. Didn't see any of the other nominees so I have no real opinion on this one. I wanted De Niro to win since he needs the boost and would be a testament to the Academy actually appreciating its greats these days, but if Waltz deserved, he deserved it.

I'm sure you know how happy I was to see QT win! He is honestly the coolest guy at the Academy, my favorite speech of the night though I hated how they had to give him the Jaws treatment. People better check themselves before they wreck themselves that's all I got to say.

Picture and Director were fine with me. I've heard great things about Life of Pi so I'm sure Ang Lee deserved it considering how there were no acting noms for that movie. As well as the fact he directed what people said was an unfilmable film. And Picture was honestly a surprise whatever way it went. I honestly didn't know and didn't care since it seemed there were a whole bunch of them that could've won and it wouldn't have mattered except with a few that shouldn't have won. But Argo/Affleck was getting a bad rap from the Academy at the beginning so that's nice Affleck got his due in the Producing part of the film.

Okay... didn't mean to write that much about the Oscars. How is it on a Disney site I talk about just films in one comment? I'll have to fix that!

I will miss Hula Timon dearly. I'm sure he got a well-deserved break for being so actively involved

All better!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #461
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:

I haven't heard of that game but it sounds interesting!

Oh GOD I had the worst flatbread ever at AKL on my Dec 2011 trip. Never again.
It is coming in April or May I think. It is going to be like the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, but you are going to be a wilderness explorer!

I remember reading about that! At Mara, right?! Yeah, I haven't had one good experience there.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #462
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Dug and Russell! I am so jealous! I love UP!
And speaking of an emotional train wrecks that UP can cause: I went to see Up in the theaters with my DH. I was 5 months pregnant at the time. TOTAL MELTDOWN in the theater. And the first thing DH said when we left 'I better die first.' It's just too much!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Festival of the Lion King. I keep hearing that it will be moved for Avatarland and I'm so afraid they are going to just do away with it.

And Pizzafari is ALMOST worth it for the artwork on the walls. ALMOST. But not quite.
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #463
__disneygirl

Quote:
Thanks and I promise not to disappear again!

I'm really trying to step away from my Oscar obsession now I've come to enjoy more and more movies. I feel I always find an awesome performance and a not-so awesome performance where the not-so awesome performance got an Oscar nom or win and the awesome performance just got no recognition. And this is the same with directors and movies. It just keeps on showing up. They just are interesting to watch considering careers can be revived, broken or made by a win. And seeing if maybe they actually get it right, that's exciting!

But anyways, I'm so glad you aren't totally hating J-Law. She's one of my favorite new actresses because even though there is a lot of stuff that feels rehearsed I agree, there seems something genuine to it all. Like what happened with Mr. Jack Nicholson, it was literally the most adorable thing I've ever seen. And I think it's great to see she hasn't fallen down the path of Kristen Stewart. I was happy to see her win the Oscar (even though I knew it probably wasn't hers to win) because she truly had a great year and that was her reward and to hoping she keeps it. Hopefully she won't have to depend on Weinstein in the long run. (And yeah, Chastain was fantastic in ZDT, but she was in the same boat as Viola Davis last year since ZDT was very ensemble-based)

You know how I feel about Anne Hathaway so I won't go into that again, but she deserved it wholly. Amazing performance though she was the only nominee I saw, but... it was just that good.

I have only seen DDL once and I wasn't blown away, but that's because I wasn't exactly really into the movie. I heard he was great in Lincoln, but I never saw it. I saw Denzel in Flight and I was hoping maybe he would win because it honestly was a PERFECT performance (the other nominee I saw was Jackman and... yeah, no chance for him) though Joaquin's Oscar is a long-time coming (even if he won't ever win due to his attitude towards award shows).

You rave about Christoph Waltz a lot on your blog I see his pictures being reblogged all the time and I've heard great things so I'm curious to see his performance. Didn't see any of the other nominees so I have no real opinion on this one. I wanted De Niro to win since he needs the boost and would be a testament to the Academy actually appreciating its greats these days, but if Waltz deserved, he deserved it.

I'm sure you know how happy I was to see QT win! He is honestly the coolest guy at the Academy, my favorite speech of the night though I hated how they had to give him the Jaws treatment. People better check themselves before they wreck themselves that's all I got to say.

Picture and Director were fine with me. I've heard great things about Life of Pi so I'm sure Ang Lee deserved it considering how there were no acting noms for that movie. As well as the fact he directed what people said was an unfilmable film. And Picture was honestly a surprise whatever way it went. I honestly didn't know and didn't care since it seemed there were a whole bunch of them that could've won and it wouldn't have mattered except with a few that shouldn't have won. But Argo/Affleck was getting a bad rap from the Academy at the beginning so that's nice Affleck got his due in the Producing part of the film.

Okay... didn't mean to write that much about the Oscars. How is it on a Disney site I talk about just films in one comment? I'll have to fix that!

I will miss Hula Timon dearly. I'm sure he got a well-deserved break for being so actively involved

All better!
Yeah, the Oscars are more based who the big shot Hollywood producers push everyone to vote for and who the media decides is the hot thing that year. It's not about who gives the greatest performance. That's far too subjective, which is why Woody Allen never shows up.

Jack Nicholson is THE BEST and I was so jealous of that moment!

Kristen Stewart's success is absolutely baffling to me. She is one of the worst successful actresses of all time. I mean I think Hathaway and Lawrence are overrated I don't get why a lot of people think they're great, But Stewart's success is a literal enigma. But you know what, cheers to her for somehow becoming a millionaire doing something she is horrendous at. Whatever.

You really, REALLY should watch more DDL movies. I could see you totally becoming a huge fan of his. He really is remarkable. You should probably start with There Will Be Blood.

Christoph is perfect and that Jaws thing was so ridiculous. I'm happy they didn't actually play Quentin off with that. I know they played something, but I can't remember what it was. But yeah I love them both dearly.
Yeah, it was good because Affleck and Lee both did films that were different from their previous works. Affleck's Gone Baby Gone and The Town were both great but had that similar gritty Boston crime feel, they were like bookends of each other. Argo is a departure from that. And with Lee, you're right, people said it was unfilmable and not only has Lee never done a film like that... no one has. Try to see it in the theatre, it's visually unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
It is coming in April or May I think. It is going to be like the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, but you are going to be a wilderness explorer!

I remember reading about that! At Mara, right?! Yeah, I haven't had one good experience there.
I have no idea what Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom even is either. Like I see the signs around but I haven't investigated! LOL. I guess there is so much going on at Disney as it is, sometimes I see these things and they just breeze right by me.

Yeah it was at the Mara. I love the Mara for other reasons, but the flatbread is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Dug and Russell! I am so jealous! I love UP!
And speaking of an emotional train wrecks that UP can cause: I went to see Up in the theaters with my DH. I was 5 months pregnant at the time. TOTAL MELTDOWN in the theater. And the first thing DH said when we left 'I better die first.' It's just too much!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Festival of the Lion King. I keep hearing that it will be moved for Avatarland and I'm so afraid they are going to just do away with it.

And Pizzafari is ALMOST worth it for the artwork on the walls. ALMOST. But not quite.
OH MY GOD awww. I could totally see that happening. It's heartwrenching!

They won't do away with it even with the move. They get rid of attractions based on guest attendance and that place is always packed. Plus they must know how much everyone raves about it.

It's worth it just to walk through and check out, but not to eat at!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #464
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Jack Nicholson is THE BEST and I was so jealous of that moment!
He is. And his acting is the best. Just saw One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and I can't get enough of it

Quote:
Kristen Stewart's success is absolutely baffling to me. She is one of the worst successful actresses of all time. I mean I think Hathaway and Lawrence are overrated I don't get why a lot of people think they're great, But Stewart's success is a literal enigma. But you know what, cheers to her for somehow becoming a millionaire doing something she is horrendous at. Whatever.
HATE Kristen Stewart SOOO MUCH! The fact they actually let her into the Oscars baffles me. I don't get it. Like I understand she has been able to make so much because she's the main character in the biggest movie franchise since Harry Potter (which is far superior), but I mean Snow White and the Huntsman was an awful film yet succesful. The visuals and cinematography were beautiful and Charlize Theron was perfect as always, but Stewart ran that film into the ground. She got lucky that is all I can say.

I actually think Kristen Stewart may be one of the reasons why I love Jennifer Lawrence so much. When The Hunger Games came out with a movie and the actress came out as a relative unknown at the time, I was so afraid she would be another Stewart. When she wasn't, it gave me hope and the movie itself was really what got me into movies seeing them for everything not just the premise or things that drew me to films. I don't think I'll be able to change your opinion on her ever, but I think she's a breath of fresh air for the franchise crowd after Twilight and I see potential. Who knows? I could be wrong, but I'm going to have to see SLP and Winter's Bone soon.

Quote:
You really, REALLY should watch more DDL movies. I could see you totally becoming a huge fan of his. He really is remarkable. You should probably start with There Will Be Blood.
I saw Gangs of New York, which wasn't really my thing. I liked what it said about history in a nutshell and DDL was good as I think back on it, had some awesome scenes. I also enjoyed seeing Cameron Diaz in a different light and Leo did a nice job too. But I want to see more of DDL since he seems to be a well-liked actor. My parents keep on telling me to watch My Left Foot so I think I'll see that first but There Will Be Blood is next on my list once some channel plays it (and I'm curious about PTA too, so there's an added bonus).

Quote:
Christoph is perfect and that Jaws thing was so ridiculous. I'm happy they didn't actually play Quentin off with that. I know they played something, but I can't remember what it was. But yeah I love them both dearly.
Yeah, it was good because Affleck and Lee both did films that were different from their previous works. Affleck's Gone Baby Gone and The Town were both great but had that similar gritty Boston crime feel, they were like bookends of each other. Argo is a departure from that. And with Lee, you're right, people said it was unfilmable and not only has Lee never done a film like that... no one has. Try to see it in the theatre, it's visually unbelievable.
I thought the Jaws thing was funny at first, but then it just became too too much. It totally threw off the speeches. Just a bad choice there.

I've been meaning to see Gone Baby Gone since one of my friends (who is supposed to be working with me on an exclusively movie tumblr I started) because I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Affleck. I've also been meaning to see Good Will Hunting, but I always catch it at the worst time. And now Argo :P My friend also recommended Life of Pi, she said it was fantastic and the visuals do look amazing. Hopefully I'll find some time to see it.

I honestly go on way too long with talking about movies (just like with Disney nbd). We need a separate place to do this lol
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #465
__disneygirl

Quote:
He is. And his acting is the best. Just saw One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and I can't get enough of it

HATE Kristen Stewart SOOO MUCH! The fact they actually let her into the Oscars baffles me. I don't get it. Like I understand she has been able to make so much because she's the main character in the biggest movie franchise since Harry Potter (which is far superior), but I mean Snow White and the Huntsman was an awful film yet succesful. The visuals and cinematography were beautiful and Charlize Theron was perfect as always, but Stewart ran that film into the ground. She got lucky that is all I can say.

I actually think Kristen Stewart may be one of the reasons why I love Jennifer Lawrence so much. When The Hunger Games came out with a movie and the actress came out as a relative unknown at the time, I was so afraid she would be another Stewart. When she wasn't, it gave me hope and the movie itself was really what got me into movies seeing them for everything not just the premise or things that drew me to films. I don't think I'll be able to change your opinion on her ever, but I think she's a breath of fresh air for the franchise crowd after Twilight and I see potential. Who knows? I could be wrong, but I'm going to have to see SLP and Winter's Bone soon.

I saw Gangs of New York, which wasn't really my thing. I liked what it said about history in a nutshell and DDL was good as I think back on it, had some awesome scenes. I also enjoyed seeing Cameron Diaz in a different light and Leo did a nice job too. But I want to see more of DDL since he seems to be a well-liked actor. My parents keep on telling me to watch My Left Foot so I think I'll see that first but There Will Be Blood is next on my list once some channel plays it (and I'm curious about PTA too, so there's an added bonus)

I thought the Jaws thing was funny at first, but then it just became too too much. It totally threw off the speeches. Just a bad choice there.

I've been meaning to see Gone Baby Gone since one of my friends (who is supposed to be working with me on an exclusively movie tumblr I started) because I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Affleck. I've also been meaning to see Good Will Hunting, but I always catch it at the worst time. And now Argo :P My friend also recommended Life of Pi, she said it was fantastic and the visuals do look amazing. Hopefully I'll find some time to see it.

I honestly go on way too long with talking about movies (just like with Disney nbd). We need a separate place to do this lol
That is one of the best movies ever. Jack's been in so many great ones though. You can't go wrong with him, he is one of the greatest of all time.

Kristen's the reason why I didn't even watch the Snow White film. Charlize Theron being jealous of Kristen Stewart's looks just made no sense. I mean, if you want a Snow White to play against Charlize's Evil Queen you need someone breathtaking. At least once it was revealed she was shacking up with the director I understood how she got cast.

I love that you are so passionate about movies and making an effort to see all these great ones instead of just watching whatever crap Hollywood throws out at teens nowadays! All hope for the future is not lost!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: