Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #376
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyChick View Post
Hey Lia! You are histerical! I quote you to my mom all the time, so she can experience your awesomeness. I love going to Disney in spring, last year my birthday present was a surprise trip the first week of May. I'm dying to go this year, being a foodaholic myself also. Fingers crossed!
-Gianna
Hi Gianna! Thank you so much!! I hope you get to go this year too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
YAYYYAYYYYYY!!!!

I am so happy for you!

I have always wanted to spend my birthday at Disney. My birthday is towards the end of May and we always go in the summer to WDW. I just want to wear a birthday button and eat a free cupcake at every meal!

THIS IS SO EXCITING!
EEEEEE!! Thank you! You could always celebrate your birthday a little late during your summer trip! I mean, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocofifi View Post
Girl, you are so dang hysterical. Thanks for keeping me entertained! So happy for you that you have another trip in the works! My little girl and I will be there in 90 days!! So pumped! I'm going overboard with the exclamation points!!
Thank you so much!! I'm glad you find me entertaining! YAYYYY 90 DAYS!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #377
TheDisneyChick
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="__disneygirl"]

Your response just made my day! I was jumping up and down! As you can probably tell I'm new to the Disboards, and I love it! Haha!
TheDisneyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #378
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Just finished Day 1. This is a great TR! I LOVE how enthusiastic you are!! I am the same way, and it drives my family bonkers sometimes :rotfl

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #379
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

Ahhhh!!! So I've been dying to take my children to Disney for Halloween .....because ...well it would be AWESOME!! Is it bad that now I want to ditch the kids and go to the Food & Wine instead?!?!? Ahhh, the food looks so good and to try all the different wines & beer sounds divine! I'm not a big drinker myself but its sure sounding fabulous! I think the F&W will still be going on while we are there for Halloween, so I could probably do both and my children really like Epcot. Couple of questions for you...can you use snacks from the DDP or just pay cash? And approximately how much is each sample that you buy? Would you think just "snacking" around the F&W would suffice or should we still make a TS?

I CAN NOT believe Lee-Anne didn't try the cheese soup!! Her Lobster looked fab though!

Love the color changing beer!! Was it real strong?
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #380
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

How did I miss your previous update?!?!?!?! You're going back to Disney?? Whaaaaaa? I. AM. SO. JEALOUS.!

Ah, I absolutely love taking "new" peeps to Disney and they are as obsessed as I am ( ok, so they are not really, but they do love it!)

I will be watching the news that week . That's too much Celebrating ! I feel like y'all may make a news appearance!

I'm just jealous...nothing more to say.
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #381
__disneygirl

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl

Your response just made my day! I was jumping up and down! As you can probably tell I'm new to the Disboards, and I love it! Haha!
Aww! Well your nice comment made MY day! to the DIS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
Just finished Day 1. This is a great TR! I LOVE how enthusiastic you are!! I am the same way, and it drives my family bonkers sometimes :rotfl
Thank you so much! My family is used to me by now but I still definitely annoy them from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
Ahhhh!!! So I've been dying to take my children to Disney for Halloween .....because ...well it would be AWESOME!! Is it bad that now I want to ditch the kids and go to the Food & Wine instead?!?!? Ahhh, the food looks so good and to try all the different wines & beer sounds divine! I'm not a big drinker myself but its sure sounding fabulous! I think the F&W will still be going on while we are there for Halloween, so I could probably do both and my children really like Epcot. Couple of questions for you...can you use snacks from the DDP or just pay cash? And approximately how much is each sample that you buy? Would you think just "snacking" around the F&W would suffice or should we still make a TS?

I CAN NOT believe Lee-Anne didn't try the cheese soup!! Her Lobster looked fab though!

Love the color changing beer!! Was it real strong?
I hope you are there when you can do both MNSSHP and Food & Wine. That combo cannot be BEAT.

Yes you can use snack credits on almost anything at F&W. Watch the value though - save your snack credits for the more expensive items. You can really get an EXCELLENT value out of it that way. It's amazing. As for the pricing, some things are as low as $1.50 and the highest is like $8, except for the fancy alcohol which can be up to like $12. I'd say the average for most of the food items is between $3 and $6. It's NOT just snacking - it absolutely suffices for a whole meal and then some. I would definitely advise against making a TS. The F&W food is more than enough! :D

The beer wasn't that strong! I'm really bad with explaining this thing but I think it was like... in the middle. The flavor wasn't that strong and it was more of an ale? I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
How did I miss your previous update?!?!?!?! You're going back to Disney?? Whaaaaaa? I. AM. SO. JEALOUS.!

Ah, I absolutely love taking "new" peeps to Disney and they are as obsessed as I am ( ok, so they are not really, but they do love it!)

I will be watching the news that week . That's too much Celebrating ! I feel like y'all may make a news appearance!

I'm just jealous...nothing more to say.
Ahh yes I am! Don't be jealous, you'll be back someday! hahahaha YOU ARE RIGHT WE WILL PROBABLY END UP ON THE NEWS. That is so something I would say.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #382
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I am so jealous. It is my dream to go to F&W...we were supposed to go this past October, but we bought a house and postponed our trip. Now we leave in 23 days! I am thrilled about the food offerings for F&G...i plan to post a trip report when we get back, we arrive on Day 1 of the festival...you should check out my report when I do it!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #383
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #384
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Great updates! I am so jealous. It is my dream to go to F&W...we were supposed to go this past October, but we bought a house and postponed our trip. Now we leave in 23 days! I am thrilled about the food offerings for F&G...i plan to post a trip report when we get back, we arrive on Day 1 of the festival...you should check out my report when I do it!
Thank you!

YAY! Your trip is so soon! I can't wait to read the report! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thank you!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #385
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The watermelon soda from China is HEAVEN. It is SO good. I think I am going to fill an empty water bottle up with that stuff next time I’m at WDW.

I NEED TO GO TO THE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL FOR THE SOUP. I have had it before (DUH) and it is amazing. But if I could just get as much as I would like anytime… I would be food drunk. End of story.

THAT CHICKEN CHIPOLTE SAUSAGE LOOKS INCREDIBLE.

The Lobster Shepherd’s pie sounds so good. But I’m allergic to lobster. WHY?!

Waffles are a very exciting thing! But Mickey waffles ARE 500000000x MORE EXCITING.

This is like the best update ever. Food, food, soup, food, Moroccan CMs, food, waffles…. PEERFECTION.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #386
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran

How exciting... Another trip just around the cornor... I for one can't wait to read both your reports from that trip. Separately u both have me following your adventures and now together..WOW... This will b one fantastic time.... and infor one cant wait to hear about it. YEP... Can't wait!!! I'm uptodate on both your reports now... after reading about Jess and the DCP I'm soooo pushing my daughter into looking into that.... And after yours I'm sooo eager to start planning my own trip back to wdw... Cross my fingers that works out for me.

Can't wait to hear more....

Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423

scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #387
TheDisneyChick
Mouseketeer

Hello again Lia! I'm back, yes yes I know you missed me. I'm having to much fun commenting on different things, it's getting out of hand! Thanks again for making my day! Anyways, you should've tried the waffle, it is sooo good! Although *gasp* I've never tried the cheddar cheese soup! You make me want to write a trip report, but I have no trip to write about now! Maybe an old one from August? Haha, but I'd love for you to check out my "come say hi" thread on the welcome board to get to know me!
TheDisneyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #388
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hahaha omg I died at the "What up with that?" It's one of my favorite sketches they do nowadays.

Your experience is already making me really want to do F&W some day! Seriously. We will totally do it. Everything looks and sounds amazing! Now I'm hungry, nom.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #389
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Oh, the Thomas Kincade paintings!! He is my favorite modern artist (may he rest in peace). The Rapunzel one looks gorgeous, too. All of those Food and Wine offerings are making my mouth water.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #390
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The watermelon soda from China is HEAVEN. It is SO good. I think I am going to fill an empty water bottle up with that stuff next time I’m at WDW.

I NEED TO GO TO THE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL FOR THE SOUP. I have had it before (DUH) and it is amazing. But if I could just get as much as I would like anytime… I would be food drunk. End of story.

THAT CHICKEN CHIPOLTE SAUSAGE LOOKS INCREDIBLE.

The Lobster Shepherd’s pie sounds so good. But I’m allergic to lobster. WHY?!

Waffles are a very exciting thing! But Mickey waffles ARE 500000000x MORE EXCITING.

This is like the best update ever. Food, food, soup, food, Moroccan CMs, food, waffles…. PEERFECTION.
hahaha I saw something on Tumblr of a girl holding a full size Dasani water bottle in front of the soda machines that was filled with the watermelon soda and she wrote F THE POLICE on it. I don't know how someone could fill that whole thing without a CM coming by! But yeah it's my favorite.

You have to go to F & W for the...everything! But yes, especially the soup. And yes, the sausage was incredible! Such great flavors!

I've never even had lobster! I have such an aversion to seafood. I don't know why. I'll probably try it one day though, everyone loves it so much. Maybe next time I'm in Disney I will!

You're right... Mickey Waffles are pretty much the most exciting waffles. Like of all time.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post
How exciting... Another trip just around the cornor... I for one can't wait to read both your reports from that trip. Separately u both have me following your adventures and now together..WOW... This will b one fantastic time.... and infor one cant wait to hear about it. YEP... Can't wait!!! I'm uptodate on both your reports now... after reading about Jess and the DCP I'm soooo pushing my daughter into looking into that.... And after yours I'm sooo eager to start planning my own trip back to wdw... Cross my fingers that works out for me.

Can't wait to hear more....
Ahhh I know! I can't wait! We're gonna have the best time. I'm so excited!!!!

Good luck with your daughter. If I went to college I would DEFINITELY do the DCP! I hope your trip works out!

Quote:
Hello again Lia! I'm back, yes yes I know you missed me. I'm having to much fun commenting on different things, it's getting out of hand! Thanks again for making my day! Anyways, you should've tried the waffle, it is sooo good! Although *gasp* I've never tried the cheddar cheese soup! You make me want to write a trip report, but I have no trip to write about now! Maybe an old one from August? Haha, but I'd love for you to check out my "come say hi" thread on the welcome board to get to know me!
HEY! Thanks for making MY day with this comment!

I DID try the waffle later on, just not in that moment. Don't worry, I wasn't gonna miss out on that!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T HAD CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP! Honestly, it is a must have for any Disney fan/human being/creature of any kind.

Why not write a report for August? Better late than never!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Hahaha omg I died at the "What up with that?" It's one of my favorite sketches they do nowadays.

Your experience is already making me really want to do F&W some day! Seriously. We will totally do it. Everything looks and sounds amazing! Now I'm hungry, nom.
Me too! It gets me every time!!

You HAVE to do Food & Wine someday! There's just no question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post
Oh, the Thomas Kincade paintings!! He is my favorite modern artist (may he rest in peace). The Rapunzel one looks gorgeous, too. All of those Food and Wine offerings are making my mouth water.
I know, he was amazing! I was shocked when I learned of his passing. What a great way to live though, making such beautiful art that will live on for years.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: