Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #346
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran
 
scrapperjill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,242

Disney n no splash mountain... I'm speechless!! Hopefully some day she will give it a shot. That and ToT....

Now I'm a Starbucks lover... And am intrigued as to how Starbucks and Disney fit together... Sipping on my iced Carmel macchiato and.... Walking down Main Street or chilling at a table under a sun umbrella sounds dreamy. But I can't believe outta all the space there they picked the Main Street bakery as the location.
__________________
Official member of the '07 POPper MOJITOooooo Club!





Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423



scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #347
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran
 
MarieTheCat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,153

I agree. The Storybook Circus meet and greet is really well done. The sets are so detailed and I love all the costumes.

It's too bad Lee-Anne decided not to give Splash a try. As a ride chicken, I definitely "get it" though. I know it's only 50 feet or whatever, but that drop is intimidating.

Oh gosh that's probably a relative of the bird that attacked me at Pecos Bills 10 years ago. Or it's the same bird. How long do those things even live? I'd google it, but I hate birds so much I don't even wanna give them hits on the internet.

AHHHHHH THE BLUE SKY IN ALL YOUR PICTURES IS KILLING ME. I miss Florida. Winter sucks.
MarieTheCat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #348
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
Every now and again I find myself browsing the Trip Reports forum; last night I happened to click on yours and ohHEY, there's Hanson! I may be bordering on 29 but they've been my favorite band since I was 12 (there's a big in there to those who thought I'd forget about them by the time I turned 16!). And just to throw that in their faces, a) my daughter was NAMED after a MON song and b) at 3 1/2 (I refuse to believe she'll be 4! this month) she can sing almost every song word for word.

On another note, we were there the same time as you and were also "stuck" in Disney due to Sandy. Our original dates were 10-23 (landing at 10am to give me enough time to make to EP for Hanson) - 10-30. We wound up not leaving until 11-3. As AP holders, having the extra days was fantastic but as a nurse, my director of nursing was NOT happy and I actually had disciplinary action, in the form of a verbal write-up, waiting for me once I returned to work. Nothing I could do about it -- all of the flights were canceled and I barely managed to book DD and I on the earliest flight home available!

This was our 3rd year seeing Hanson at ETTB, all of which happened by chance. We book our fall trip the day we return home from our spring time. The stars have aligned each and every time! We too have also run into them during numerous trips, but the best moment was when Isaac was TRYING to read a map and his older son was all "what's taking so long, Dad?" at MK!
YAY, !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly never thought this many Hanson fans would find my report. It's so awesome!

What's your daughter's name? Madeline? Lucy? Katie? Jamie? I love that you named her after a Hanson song. I could see myself doing something like that. It's also just too perfect that she knows all their songs! How precious.

Yay for you being #StuckInDisney as well, but that's really unfair that you got a write-up at work! Trust me, I know what a mess the flights were. That sucks.

That's so magical! Hopefully they will be be back again this fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post
Disney n no splash mountain... I'm speechless!! Hopefully some day she will give it a shot. That and ToT....

Now I'm a Starbucks lover... And am intrigued as to how Starbucks and Disney fit together... Sipping on my iced Carmel macchiato and.... Walking down Main Street or chilling at a table under a sun umbrella sounds dreamy. But I can't believe outta all the space there they picked the Main Street bakery as the location.
Me toooooo!

I'm sure it was because Starbucks demanded a prime location and Disney agreed because guests have complained so fervently about the coffee + more money. It SHOULD be at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station that is only open 1% of the time. My idea for that would have been to make a futuristic Starbucks to fit the theme of Tomorrowland, like what will Starbucks look like in 100 years? CALL ME, DISNEY, I HAVE IDEAS HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I agree. The Storybook Circus meet and greet is really well done. The sets are so detailed and I love all the costumes.

It's too bad Lee-Anne decided not to give Splash a try. As a ride chicken, I definitely "get it" though. I know it's only 50 feet or whatever, but that drop is intimidating.

Oh gosh that's probably a relative of the bird that attacked me at Pecos Bills 10 years ago. Or it's the same bird. How long do those things even live? I'd google it, but I hate birds so much I don't even wanna give them hits on the internet.

AHHHHHH THE BLUE SKY IN ALL YOUR PICTURES IS KILLING ME. I miss Florida. Winter sucks.
But the drop is over before you can say "Zip a dee do dah!" I guess. I don't know. LOL I don't really understand it beyond the fact that people are different and like different things. IT'S SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!! YOU'RE GONNA GET WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. AHHHHH!!!!!

Sigh.

Lmao I'm dying at you not wanting to give birds internet attention. I wonder where they fall in Google's rankings.

Winter does suck and life outside of Disney sucks and I want to go right now.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #349
kmb584
DIS Veteran
 
kmb584's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 4,353

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAY, !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly never thought this many Hanson fans would find my report. It's so awesome!

What's your daughter's name? Madeline? Lucy? Katie? Jamie? I love that you named her after a Hanson song. I could see myself doing something like that. It's also just too perfect that she knows all their songs! How precious.

Yay for you being #StuckInDisney as well, but that's really unfair that you got a write-up at work! Trust me, I know what a mess the flights were. That sucks.

That's so magical! Hopefully they will be be back again this fall! :dance3
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We've been lucky 3 times, hopefully the 3rd wasn't the charm!

I've run across a lot of Hanson fans on here and it just makes me so happy! No one understands Hanson fans like Hanson fans! Before baby I too traveled all over the country to see them. Times have changed but being able to see my favorite band in my favorite place in the world is just magical.

I look forward to reading the rest of your TR! I keep swearing I'm going to write one of my own but alas, it never happens!
__________________



Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #350
kmb584
DIS Veteran
 
kmb584's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 4,353

Ahh, her name's Madeline!
__________________



Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #351
PrincessFelisha
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessFelisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29

Joining in to say I'm loving this trip report and can't wait for more!!!
__________________

16 trips total! I've stayed at All Star Music, Pop Century, Disney's Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Animal Kingdom Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Dixie Landings (aka Port Orleans Riverside Mansions)



"IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, THEN YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN, YES YOU CAAAAAAANNNN!" (Long Live Horizons from Epcot Center and all the great long-gone Disney music!)
PrincessFelisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #352
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We've been lucky 3 times, hopefully the 3rd wasn't the charm!

I've run across a lot of Hanson fans on here and it just makes me so happy! No one understands Hanson fans like Hanson fans! Before baby I too traveled all over the country to see them. Times have changed but being able to see my favorite band in my favorite place in the world is just magical.

I look forward to reading the rest of your TR! I keep swearing I'm going to write one of my own but alas, it never happens!
"No one understands Hanson fans like Hanson fans!" hahahaha that is SO true. You really can't understand if you haven't done it. It's like a lifestyle.

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
Ahh, her name's Madeline!
I love that name. And the song! I always get extra excited when they play it live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFelisha View Post
Joining in to say I'm loving this trip report and can't wait for more!!!
Thank you so much!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #353
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,463

OCTOBER 22, 2012
Day 2, Part 7 In Which We're On Our Way To The FOOD!!!!!!!!!!


WELL. I was bouncing up and down in my seat because it was nearing the time I had planned for us to go over to Epcot!! The first set of Hanson shows were that night, and we wanted to get there early to scope out the line.

"THE LINE" is a big deal in the Hanson fan vocabulary. Hanson fans are the most dedicated (can also be thought of as "crazed") fans in the world. It is not uncommon for Hanson fans to sleep on the street one or even TWO nights before a concert to secure a front row spot.

I desperately wanted to do this when I was a teenager but my mom refused to let me (THANK YOU MOM!). I think the longest I waited outside for front row was 16 or 18 hours.

Not bad, really.

Of course... Disney does not allow this. But Hanson fans do line up for the shows as soon as World Showcase opens.

There was NO WAY Lee-Anne and I were going to waste an entire Disney day in line to see the Bigheads.

We lovingly call them that.

Their heads are big, what can I tell ya.

I don't mean that they have big egos. They don't. Most of the time.

Their heads are just physically large.

So we call 'em the Bigheads. Like from Rocko's Modern Life.

They appreciate it. I think?

Anyway... yeah. I've seen them from front row like 20 times. It's an unbelievably euphoric experience, seeing your favorite band from the front row. And I'm willing to sweat or freeze for hours outside for it... but NOT miss precious Disney time. THAT my friends... is just out of the question.

In fact, the last time I saw them at Disney World... I ended up being LATE for the show because I was too busy eating at the Food & Wine Festival!

I missed 7 songs. Oops.

But I mean, it was my 2nd of... I think 10 shows I ended up going to on that tour alone. So I was okay with cutting into my Hanson time with extra Disney time.

So this time, we still wanted to get there early(ish) just to see what was going on with THE LINE and also SO WE COULD EAT.

AFTER FOUR LONG YEARS, IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO BE REUNITED WITH THE FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!!!

Screw the Bigheads, I was ready for some FOOD!!!

Before leaving, we took some pictures in front of the castle since we were too eager to stop and do it in the morning.





I love those pictures because Dream Along With Mickey is going on behind us!!



Main Street was kinda packed, so I told Lee-Anne about the short-cut of walking through all the shops! (If you're a Disney newbie, all the shops on Main Street are connected, so if the street itself is packed with people, you can just walk through the stores as a shortcut. It's usually much less crowded, and during parades, it's empty!)



Aaand we popped out over here.



Oh man, while we were walking to the monorail I just lost it all over again. I could not wait to get to my beloved FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL! It had really been too long.

We met another little friend!



I am so obsessed with tiny animals that I almost did not notice the monorail had arrived. Lee-Anne was like "It's here! It's here!" and we RAN up the ramp!

MONORAIL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Por favor mantaganese alejado de las puertas. Que un photoshoot mini mientras haga así.

Translation: Please stand clear of the doors and have a mini photoshoot while you do so.



Or maybe I'm the only one that does that. Oh well. (:

POR FAVOR MANTAGANESE ALEJADO DE LAS PUERTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite sentence in the world.

Taking the monorail to Epcot is so much fun. The loop around the park just makes me even that more excited! I kept bouncing up and down saying "Epcot! Epcot!" And pointing out all the different pavilions to Lee-Anne!

I kept thinking how overwhelmed she must have been. She's really big on "no spoilers" so she didn't do any of her own research about Disney. Personally, that would drive me insane because I am a control freak. But she wanted to just experience it without a lot of prior knowledge. I mean, imagine never having been to Epcot and not knowing what all the pavilions are about and just... having no idea what anything is?! I don't ever remember not knowing Disney like the back of my hand, since I was lucky enough to grow up with it. I mean, just imagine how overwhelming it must be!

Lee-Anne was excited when I pointed out Imagination to her, because she is and always has been OBSESSED with Michael Jackson. She was so excited for Captain EO!



YES!!!! WE'RE HERE!!!!







It was amazing walking into the park knowing I was FINALLY back to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival. I know I keep repeating it but you really have no idea how excited I actually was. It really is the absolute BEST time to go to Disney World! Every time I have been back without F&W going on, it just hasn't been the same. I mean, Disney is Disney and being there on the most crowded, hottest day with no ADRs and no special events would still be wonderful... but October is my time, baby!



I loved this year's Food & Wine display! The ship reminded me of the Titanic so I TRIED TO COMPOSE MYSELF. I have been so obsessed with everything Titanic since I was 7 years old, so I definitely geeked out a little!







I was so antsy because I wanted to book it over to the World Showcase, but of course Lee-Anne wanted to stop every 5 seconds and marvel at/take pictures of everything! Can't blame the girl, like I said... she had NEVER been to Epcot before!

She wanted to stop in the Art of Disney store where I spotted the MOST BEAUTIFUL SHIRT EVER.



I looooved this piece of the castle's reflection as well!



We then took a million pictures of all the amazing art we wanted!!











They had some Halloween stuff out which was SO exciting because it got me even more pumped for MNSSHP!



How awesome is this one as Mickey & Minnie as Disney villians! Hook and the Evil Queen.



Up Next: I EAT.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #354
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46

Lol... Yep control freak here too!! Can't imagine going WITHOUT a plan?!?!?!? Whaaaaa


Love the pics in front of the castle!!

Can't wait for more!!!!
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #355
awdwnut
Mouseketeer
 
awdwnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Montana
Posts: 364

Hey Lia,

Yet another great update and we cannot wait for you to get to all of the juicy F&W details. You are so right about Epcot, F&W and October!! I spend way too much time everyday daydreaming about this coming Oct and F&W..

awdwnut
__________________
awdwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #356
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Ahhh I could never go to Disney without "spoilers"! Sounds like you were an excellent tour guide to Lee-Ann though!

The Art of Disney stores have such pretty things in them! (Although I do totally understand your impatience to get to World Showcase! )
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #357
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,316

I pretty much posted the EXACT same thing as you! Love Hanson, but not enough to spend a whole day camped out in line in the middle of EPCOT for cryin out loud!!! We did get to WS before it opened and were waiting at the rop with some girls who were planning to run right over there and get in line, and my DH thought it was so funny that he took a picture! We walked up just a few minutes before show time and yes, we were in the back, but I still had an awesome time!

LOVE the Art of Disney store! I think if I ever won the lottery I would end up spending a LOT of money in there!!!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #358
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
Lol... Yep control freak here too!! Can't imagine going WITHOUT a plan?!?!?!? Whaaaaa

Love the pics in front of the castle!!

Can't wait for more!!!!
NO. For my next trip I think I'll have a more laid back plan, but not NO plan!

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Hey Lia,

Yet another great update and we cannot wait for you to get to all of the juicy F&W details. You are so right about Epcot, F&W and October!! I spend way too much time everyday daydreaming about this coming Oct and F&W..

awdwnut
Thanks guys! I daydream about it all the time too. The food is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ahhh I could never go to Disney without "spoilers"! Sounds like you were an excellent tour guide to Lee-Ann though!

The Art of Disney stores have such pretty things in them! (Although I do totally understand your impatience to get to World Showcase! )
I could never go ANYWHERE without spoilers. I google everything before I do it. and Thank you, I tried to be! It's not as easy as it sounds!

I'm glad you understand. I was DYING to get out of there and get my F&W on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I pretty much posted the EXACT same thing as you! Love Hanson, but not enough to spend a whole day camped out in line in the middle of EPCOT for cryin out loud!!! We did get to WS before it opened and were waiting at the rop with some girls who were planning to run right over there and get in line, and my DH thought it was so funny that he took a picture! We walked up just a few minutes before show time and yes, we were in the back, but I still had an awesome time!

LOVE the Art of Disney store! I think if I ever won the lottery I would end up spending a LOT of money in there!!!!
LOL I know, it's crazy. I would have lasted about 5 minutes in that line before running around the park!

Me too! I say that every time I go in. Whenever I end up striking gold, I'm headed straight there.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #359
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran
 
sheila <3 WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois, near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 616

Love your report, you seem so fun! Can't wait to read more!
__________________
me , DH , DD (6), DS (2)
1st trip (for me/DH/DD) 9/2010: AKL 2nd trip 5/2011: BWV 3rd trip for 10th anniversary (DS 1st trip) 3/2013:POFQ 4th trip May 2014, Star Wars Weekend!!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #360
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

I agree, cutting through the shops on Main St. is the best during parade time! We do that all the time.

You have me so excited to try the F&W Festival some day! Can't wait to see pictures of your day.

I am so jealous you've seen Hanson!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: