Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #196
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Sorry I'm late, I just found your TR! Can't wait to start reading =)
Hi!!! Yay, you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Happy new year to you too!!! Hope yours is filled with lots and lots of Disney!!!
Eeee I hope so! Some exciting plans are on the horizon, but nothing for sure yet. Whatever happens it's not a DISNEY WEDDING like some people I know are having!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Happy New Year!
Hey Tinkgurlfriend!!! Glad you're here!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #197
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 8 In Which I Critique Amateur Models At The Hollywood Tower Hotel

So, when we last left off, I had just FINALLY taken my first Tower of Terror ride of the trip.
Oh yes. IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Going on the Tower of Terror again felt like the air was returned to my lungs after not being able to breathe for months.

FOREVER MY FAVORITE ATTRACTION.

It actually wasn't the *best* ride sequence, kinda low-intensity. But I did not care at ALL. I was back home.

Lee-Anne was steps away when I got off the elevator. I asked her if it was true that the Chicken Exit looked just like a normal elevator, and she said yes. That feels like a buzzkill to a ToT addict like me, but it must be a relief for the people who are all freaked out and wanting to get out. I was gonna say that Disney should decorate it to look like a Hollywood Tower Hotel elevator, just with normal functionality, but that would probably only further scare young children and stuff. BUT I MEAN, on the other hand it is called The Tower of TERROR. Not the Tower of Bunnies. People should be aware of the fear factor here.

In the place where you view the ride photos, I spotted a Hidden Mickey:

I think I pointed it out loudly and yelled "HIDDEN MICKEY!" as I often do, cause I remember a CM coming over and confirming it was, in fact, a Hidden Mickey. I asked her if there were any more in the general vicinity, but not to tell me the exact location, and she said she wasn't sure... I think she said there might be one on the desk back there, but we looked and didn't see anything!

For my next photo, I decided to do a SUPER SERIOUS face cause like I said, it is the Tower of Terror, not like the Tower of Bunnies, Rainbows, and Joy or anything (though it really is the Tower of Joy for me lbr).

I ended up looking like this:

It's funny anyway, but I just crack up when I think of what Lee-Anne said after she looked at it, which was: "You look like when Tyra tries to be really serious on America's Next Top Model." hahahahahahahaha.

"I HAVE TEN GIRLS STANDING BEFORE ME. BUT I ONLY HAVE NINE PHOTOS IN MY HAND."

Yup. That's me. I often get mistaken for Tyra Banks so it was a normal thing.

I went over to the bulletin board, one of my favorite hidden details of the HTH.

Look closer during your next stay. You never know what you'll find.

For instance, are you interested in buying some Chinese silk? Look no further!

We poked around in the gift shop for a few minutes before heading out.

Oh how I love this blessed place.

We were really thirsty, so we went to Catalina Eddie's to get some ice water before Fantasmic.

You gotta love the Girl Power theming up in this joint.

I started getting all bouncy again quite quickly because I was REALLY excited for Fantasmic. I've seen it SO many times and it's not even my favorite really, but I just had that first day in Disney excitement and I was dying to get to that theatre and see Mickey's imagination go wild!

*CONTINUED IN NEXT POST*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #198
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 9 In Which Minnie's Still A Mystery To Me

I love the views of the back of my house as you walk to the Fantasmic Theatre. <3

JAFAR! Lee-Anne kept talking about Jafar and Scar the whole trip. That girl loves her Disney Villians. I mentioned how their names rhyme and they should probably do a late night talk show together, cause I'm hilarious.

While we were walking down there, they made an announcement that it was now Standing Room Only. I was pretty annoyed at that, because of course I did not want to stand, Fantasmic is pretty long. I also really didn't want Lee-Anne's first viewing of it to be like a crappy standing behind a crowd of people experience. Being the seasoned Disney pro I am though, I figured they were saying it prematurely, and I was right! We found great seats right in the center.

Standing room only my butt.

During our wait for the show, they had CMs come out and play games with people. They picked like 4 guests to participate and asked SUPER EASY trivia questions. Any time someone got something wrong I was just like DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. I really hope I get picked for one of these someday so I can pulverize the competition!!!

Waiting for the show, of course it was necessary to have a mini photoshoot.

I actually hate this next picture of me... like what am I even looking at. However, it is necessary to post because of the amazing child photobombing us.

HAHAHAHA. He *just* made it in there too. That kid is a pro.

My future child.

SO then Fantasmic happened!

Lee-Anne LOVED it... Like it was one of her top top favorites. She actually asked if we could see it again, but with 2 Hanson show nights at Epcot, 1 night seeing MK the entertainment, and the next our MNSSHP night... there was no time! This is why 5 nights, 6 days in Disney is nowhere near enough! Oh well... we will just have to plan another BFF trip ASAP. :D

I think I enjoyed the show more than usual too. I was SO excited for it to start even though I have seen it so many times. I cried during it, of course. I was just so happy to be IN DISNEY, with my friend, watching Fantasmic... ahh it was perfection. We had such a blast!

After we left the theatre, Lee-Anne had to use the bathroom, so Hula Timon and I just chilled nearby, content with life.

Goodbye, my love... but not for long.

Hmm. Look at that one light on up top. Wonder which one of the ghosts is awake?

So, it was almost time to go, but we had to head to the hat first for one more ride.

I loved that Vinylmation display. Very Halloween appropriate. Also can I just say, the scene in Snow White where the Queen turns into her old evil witch state is freaking amazing animation, especially for the time. I was always captivated by that scene, like all the colors, and when her hair changes first and she drops the glass... it's really great. Look at it again if you don't know what I mean.

ANYWAY. I like to ramble on about movies sometimes. But back to the report! It was time for...

Le Great Movie Ride! Ca-Lass-Ic.

We actually even had to wait in line for this. Only like 10 minutes, but still. I was not used to these crowds. I'm sure they seem mild to someone who goes in the summer, but I'm used to Disney being basically my personal playground, so the whole line thing was weird to me!

Two of my favorite movie stars were on the screen:

THIS PERFECTION.

Allow me to ramble on about a movie again. Ok. I have such a bigger appreciation for Casablanca after seeing it on the big screen this summer. They brought it back for the 70 year anniversary and of course I had to go, being as in love with movies as I am. I really appreciated the cinematography more than ever and the damn thing just holds up so well, generation after generation later... I'm practically screaming at the end during the scene by the plane.

ANYWAY. Into the loading area we went.

For the 4873987th time, I searched the mural for the Hidden Minnie, and once again... I FAILED. I just do not know what it is going to take for me to finally find this thing. I have been looking for it for over 10 years! I swear... the day that I find that puppy, I am going to yell "EVERYBODY MAMBO!!" and start dancing with all the nearby CMs.

Sigh. One day I will find it.

After our journey INTO the movies, I was practically RUNNING out of Hollywood Studios. You see, my mind wasn't truly focused on classic movies or the finding of Hidden Mickeys. I was very distracted by the fact that we would soon be at what such dedicated eaters like myself call church: 'OHANA!!!

Up next: Just one of those nights where you wish Hanson would stop stalking you.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #199
norybell
DIS Veteran

Joining in - this is such a fun TR! If I ever get some free time (unlikely, but you never know), I'll have to check out your other ones.

October is my absolute favorite time to go to WDW, and this past one was the first October in four years I couldn't make it (I have a good excuse -- I was busy having a baby!), so I'm looking forward to having a vicarious October trip through your report!

Oh, and TOT is TOTally my favorite, too.

Looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #200
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I didn't get to ride TOT on my last trip because it was so crowded and I was CRUSHED. I have been craving it so much. Good thing I'm moving there or else this whole thing wouldn't work out.

I need to look more at those TOT details! I always miss them. (I know, you're probably very ashamed of me. tsk tsk. )

JAFAR AND SCAR'S LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW The dark side. They have Mickey bars.

I ALWAYS waltz into Fantasmic at the last minute and get fantastic seats. It's a frump gift, I suppose.

YES PHOTOBOMBING CHILD. I am giggling out loud to myself right now.

I LOVE Fantasmic. My appreciation for it has grown after my last trip. I don't know, it's just really magical
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #201
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Tower of Terror is my favorite ride too (although, I don't know about you, but I think the Tower of Bunnies would be pretty awesome. Someone get on that).

You mean you're NOT actually Tyra Banks? THEN WHAT AM I DOING HERE??

LOLOL That child photobombing you. Never change, kid.

I had the same experience as you with seeing Casablance on the big screen, except for me it was with Singin' in the Rain. Been in love with that movie for ages, finally saw it in a movie theatre for the first time a few months ago, and it was ultimate perfection. Why can't they still make movies like that?
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #202
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Tower of Bunnies!!! Well it would be pretty scary if they were the killer bunnies from Monty Python...

I would ABSOLUTELY watch Jafar and Scar's late night talk show! I think it would be great!

Don't feel bad, I can't ever find the hidden Minnie on the GMR. There's also apparently a hidden Donald in there too that evades me as well.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #203
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Joining in - this is such a fun TR! If I ever get some free time (unlikely, but you never know), I'll have to check out your other ones.

October is my absolute favorite time to go to WDW, and this past one was the first October in four years I couldn't make it (I have a good excuse -- I was busy having a baby!), so I'm looking forward to having a vicarious October trip through your report!

Oh, and TOT is TOTally my favorite, too.

Looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you for joining in, I'm glad you like it!

It's my favorite time too. I am counting down the days until fall in Disney again. Congratulations on your baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I didn't get to ride TOT on my last trip because it was so crowded and I was CRUSHED. I have been craving it so much. Good thing I'm moving there or else this whole thing wouldn't work out.

I need to look more at those TOT details! I always miss them. (I know, you're probably very ashamed of me. tsk tsk. )

JAFAR AND SCAR'S LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW The dark side. They have Mickey bars.

I ALWAYS waltz into Fantasmic at the last minute and get fantastic seats. It's a frump gift, I suppose.

YES PHOTOBOMBING CHILD. I am giggling out loud to myself right now.

I LOVE Fantasmic. My appreciation for it has grown after my last trip. I don't know, it's just really magical
OMG yeah I can't believe it stayed crowded even after New Years. But soon you will be able to ride it whenever you want!

It's okay frump, when I visit I will show you all the epic ToT details!!!

HAHA THEY BETTER. There should be an entire segment on this show called "Jafar and Scar Eat Mickey Bars." WHERE IS MY CHECK, DISNEY? THIS SHOW IS GONNA BE AMAZING.

We just have that frumpy power that allows us to get last minute seating! It always works for me with parades too.

I love that child. I wish him many more photobombs in the future.

I love it too, but not like anywhere near as much as Wishes. Comparing them is kinda stupid though, since they are so different. I usually get WAY more excited about Wishes but on this day I was just the biggest Fantasmic fan ever!

Quote:
Tower of Terror is my favorite ride too (although, I don't know about you, but I think the Tower of Bunnies would be pretty awesome. Someone get on that).

You mean you're NOT actually Tyra Banks? THEN WHAT AM I DOING HERE??

LOLOL That child photobombing you. Never change, kid.

I had the same experience as you with seeing Casablance on the big screen, except for me it was with Singin' in the Rain. Been in love with that movie for ages, finally saw it in a movie theatre for the first time a few months ago, and it was ultimate perfection. Why can't they still make movies like that?
SORRY I'M NOT TYRA BANKS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT.

Oooh I was sad I missed Singin in the Rain! Hopefully I'll get to see it at a rep theatre sometime. I love these revivals. I wish they had a new (old) movie every week or something at the big theatre chains. And I said the same thing on my movie blog about Casablanca - THEY JUST DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THAT ANYMORE! I know that makes me sound 85 years old, but it's actually true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Tower of Bunnies!!! Well it would be pretty scary if they were the killer bunnies from Monty Python...

I would ABSOLUTELY watch Jafar and Scar's late night talk show! I think it would be great!

Don't feel bad, I can't ever find the hidden Minnie on the GMR. There's also apparently a hidden Donald in there too that evades me as well.
WHOA. You're right. Also, if Disney had something Monty Python at the parks I would die of hilarity. I mean, they already have Eric Idle at Imagination, they need to bring Michael Palin and John Cleese in!!!

I agree!!! I need to start Exec Producing animated talk shows starring villains!!

I've seen the Hidden Donald! I wrote about it in my last TR. I was overjoyed to finally see it. It's actually Mickey and Donald together. If you want I can give you directions to it. LOL. It's one of my favorites now, so creative!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #204
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

"The person's name that I do not call, must return to the house, back your bags, and go home." "You need to learn how to smize!" "Wanna be on top? Na na na na..."

I think I've watched some of ANTM, don't you think?!

Love the photobomb! He did good!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #205
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post

I love these revivals. I wish they had a new (old) movie every week or something at the big theatre chains.
They're not chain theatres, but I'm lucky that we actually do have two theatres not too far that do a great job of showing older films on a regular basis, including a LOT of Hitchcock.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #206
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The details in ToT = ♥♥♥♥ SO many people just walk right by them and I’m standing there like “I LOVE DISNEY DETAILS SO MUCH OMG.”

Whenever CMs ask trivia questions, I can’t get over the number of people who are clueless about Disney. I mean, I know people don’t go like every year like us Disney freaks, but still. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

Oh Fantasmic, how I love thee.

The animation in Snow White is incredible, just like in that scene with the Witch. I am just in LOVE with that movie.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #207
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay for updates!!

Nice pics in ToT! I'm going to have to check out that hidden mickey & board next time around!! Ah! Fantasmic! If only I knew that secret about "standing room only" next time, I'll know. I seriously can't get through that show without crying.

Awesome photobomb! Yes!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #208
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Fantasmic, Great Movie Ride AND an amazing Max Goof gif! Excellent update. I've never seen the Hidden Minnie, either, so I'll join you in the mambo. Personally, I like when the Great Movie Ride has a bit of a line so you have an excuse to stay and watch the film reels before the loading area. There's always someone in my party unwilling to stand there a minute longer than necessary to enjoy a bit of the classics. Horrible.

Oh, since you love all things Tower of Terror.... Friends went down with a theater group at Thanksgiving and came back with a 'fact sheet' made up by one of the girls. One fact said the back of the Hotel is made up to look a little Morroccan in theme because you can see it from the Showcase Plaza at Epcot if you look across the World Showcase lagoon at Morrocco. Think this is true?

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #209
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
"The person's name that I do not call, must return to the house, back your bags, and go home." "You need to learn how to smize!" "Wanna be on top? Na na na na..."

I think I've watched some of ANTM, don't you think?!

Love the photobomb! He did good!
hahaha I used to watch it RELIGIOUSLY but when she chose Caridee over Melrose in that one season I was so mad. Like I took it personally. I haven't watched since. But the earlier seasons are addictive.

YES I love that kid!

Quote:
They're not chain theatres, but I'm lucky that we actually do have two theatres not too far that do a great job of showing older films on a regular basis, including a LOT of Hitchcock.
That's amazing! A Clearview theatre not too far from here showed a bunch of Hitchcock movies last October and it was AWESOME! I love the revival theatres in NYC too, I just wish that they were more widespread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The details in ToT = ♥♥♥♥ SO many people just walk right by them and I’m standing there like “I LOVE DISNEY DETAILS SO MUCH OMG.”

Whenever CMs ask trivia questions, I can’t get over the number of people who are clueless about Disney. I mean, I know people don’t go like every year like us Disney freaks, but still. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

Oh Fantasmic, how I love thee.

The animation in Snow White is incredible, just like in that scene with the Witch. I am just in LOVE with that movie.
I know! I hate how much so many people miss! It's crazy to think of all the things that your average guest does not see.

AGREED.

Me too! Snow White was never one of my top favorites, I was always more into the 90's Disney movies, but as I got older and learned more about film/film history I started to marvel at the animation! All the innovations that Walt & Co did before and better than everyone else. It's just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for updates!!

Nice pics in ToT! I'm going to have to check out that hidden mickey & board next time around!! Ah! Fantasmic! If only I knew that secret about "standing room only" next time, I'll know. I seriously can't get through that show without crying.

Awesome photobomb! Yes!
YES! I am back baby!!! NO more months in between updates. No sir.

Thank you! Definitely check it out. I'm sure there are details and hidden things I haven't even noticed yet. It just goes on and on!

Yeah, usually any time Disney says something is full... it's not. Unless they literally aren't letting you in, you can probably find a seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post
Fantasmic, Great Movie Ride AND an amazing Max Goof gif! Excellent update. I've never seen the Hidden Minnie, either, so I'll join you in the mambo. Personally, I like when the Great Movie Ride has a bit of a line so you have an excuse to stay and watch the film reels before the loading area. There's always someone in my party unwilling to stand there a minute longer than necessary to enjoy a bit of the classics. Horrible.

Oh, since you love all things Tower of Terror.... Friends went down with a theater group at Thanksgiving and came back with a 'fact sheet' made up by one of the girls. One fact said the back of the Hotel is made up to look a little Morroccan in theme because you can see it from the Showcase Plaza at Epcot if you look across the World Showcase lagoon at Morrocco. Think this is true?
I'm glad you appreciate my Max Goof gif!! I love him. You are welcome to mambo with me!!

I agree... I love watching all the classic trailers. It gets you in the perfect mood for the ride.

I know for a fact it is true! I have seen it from Morocco and that is accurate. They also do this on the top of certain buildings in Adventureland & Frontierland so that when you are in one land and see the top of a building it doesn't look out of place even from far away. Cause Disney is perfect.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #210
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

Subbing - because I've read too much at work and I REALLY want to find this again!! You are an incredibly awesome storyteller! My daughter (14) and I just did a whirwind trip in the 5 days leading up to Christmas - just the two of us and loved it! Reliving the trip through your pics!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: