Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Belle913
Earning My Ears

Dinner Options

Howdy All!!

My DF and I were going through the dinner options, and had so many different questions and wanted you guys opinion!! Let us know if you have done a buffet or plated dinner and what appetizers, entree's, and desserts you guys loved or disliked!!
Belle913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We had a plated dinner, we offered the tanglewood farms chicken, which we both got as we tried it at our tasting and thought it was fall-off-the-bone amazing, we also offered miso glazed salmon and the seared beef filet. You can really customize or add anything you want and make a custom menu. A lot of people have favorites from restaurants within Disney that they request be made for their weddings. I loved the goat cheese polenta we tried with the pork dish at our testing session, so I had polenta as my side with my meal, and I added a lobster tail to DH's meal as a surprise too.

For cocktail hour, we tried lobster beignettes, beef teriyaki skewers, and caprese skewers at our tasting, and loved all of them. To be more economical, we went with the antipasto display instead. Everyone raved about it and said it was amazing and so much food.

I'm sure whatever you pick will be amazing!
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

We did a buffet. Pre-reception was a fajita bar.

our dinner included salad, the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier, beef loin carving station, parmesan crusted chicken, mashed potatoes (with the works), a pasta action station with a penne a la vodka sauce and a bowtie with alfredo sauce, and we added mickey premium bars to be served with the cake.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Soarin Hubby
Mouseketeer

We went to Fulton's and everyone paid their own way.
Cruises: the Magic in '02 (eastern), '03 (western); the Wonder in '07, '08 (DVC), '10 (Halloween), '11 (Alaska) & '12 (Hawaii); Dream 3x's in 2012, 2x's in Apr '13, Jun & Oct '13 (Halloween), Jan & Jul 2014; & the Fantasy in Aug & Nov 2013. Bought DVC in '06 and use for DL, WDW resorts & cruises.

Soarin Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

We did a pre-reception and a buffet. You can read about our choices and see pictures on my blog.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I am a swan bride so this may not help you much we did our private reception at Fulton's on the upper deck. We cut out our cocktail hour which I am sort of sad about but oh well.

We ended up with the following:

Appetizer Soup: Crab & Lobster Bisque

Salad: Caesar Salad

Choice of Entree: Market Fresh Fish, Free Range Chicken Breast or Snow Crab Clusters

Dessert: Cheesecake

Fresh Baked Bread and Butter came with it and we added Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes for each table, the meal also came with Tea or Water to drink but we added sodas on request that we paid for that day along with the Kid's meals.

This was all for $72 a person prior to tax and service charges

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
stephenowen
Earning My Ears

I've never planned one before (this is my first...and only ;-) ). But of the weddings I've been to in the last few years, it seems like a buffet is that way to go. It gives people more of a chance to socialize with each other rather than feeling stuck at one table. It provides for more options (rather than "meat," "fish" and "vegetarian," etc.). That doesn't mean it can't be classy!

Those are my thoughts. :-)
stephenowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

We had a buffet at The Attic. Some of the things that stuck out to me are:

Pre-reception - we had the coconut shrimp, quesidillas, and anti pasta display. It didn't seem like many people touched the antipasta display but my husband commented that the coconut shrimp was the only thing he went back for seconds because he loved them.

Dinner - we had a normal salad, nothing special, but not bad, couscous - good but only a few people who liked it had it, carrots (my mil complained they were undercooked but she's crazy, everyone else assured me they were fine and she complained about like 6 other things), orange chicken (tasted a bit like chinese food to me, but well made chinese food), mahi mahi (loved it but I love fish), beef carving station (was good but I'm not a huge red meat person), and the best best best was the mashed potato/lobster mac and cheese bar. That was incredible.

Desserts - the only dessert I remember was the raspberry trifle martini. People still mention how delicious it was. My dad who loves all things chocolate (and we had chocolate options) said that was his favorite.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
rphelps27
Earning My Ears

We are going with stations. We decided that we wanted our guests to enjoy the wedding instead of sitting and waiting to get food so after we get introduced, dance our 1st dance songs and cut the cake, the guests will have 1 and a 1/2 hours to get their food. We are having different stations located throughout the room so there will not be much of a wait.
The stations will be:
1 - Seafood Station - crab cakes, shrimp cocktail and bacon wrapped scallops
2 - Roasted Turkey
3 - Pasta Stations - penne and tortellini
4 - Mashed Potato Martini Bar - we are including vegetables at this station

Coacktail Hour:
Vegetable springrolls
Bacon crusted beef & blue cheese
Coconut Shrimp

At our PS, we discovered that they will basically do whatever you would like within reason.
Good Luck!
rphelps27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: