Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #256
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Am about to go bowling with the guys !! As you may recall last week one had a drop down seizure !!!I am sure hoping for a less eventful night this time !!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #257
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,583

If anyone can handle it you can Rosie.

We have a kid who takes Private Swim lessons who has a lot of seizures at the pool. It has gotten pretty routine for the lifeguards to deal with. When I mention it at staff meeting I get but for us it is just another day.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #258
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
If anyone can handle it you can Rosie.

We have a kid who takes Private Swim lessons who has a lot of seizures at the pool. It has gotten pretty routine for the lifeguards to deal with. When I mention it at staff meeting I get but for us it is just another day.
You are sooo right the first time I saw her have a Grand Mal I was stunned , now it is just routine, although at the bowling alley was anew one to me !!! I always tell any new staff, the first couple are a little scarey then it's just routine !!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #259
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,683

Hope the bowling was fun and UNeventful, Rosie!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #260
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hope the bowling was fun and UNeventful, Rosie!
Yes it was !! This was Char my co workers last day before major surgery She will be out 6 weeks and I am gonna miss her !!! Yesterday was quite a day !!

Rosie's Day Started at 12 midnight , with a call from the house , I had to go in and relieve a staff at the Er with clean clothes for the individual and stay till she was discharged !!The tale of horror begins :
12:30a a nurse ( i presume) gave her some anti diarrhae medicine , around 1a she has to go I call for assistance both verbally and thru the call button and NARDA as in nothing , by this time she is sitting on the edge saying I gotta goShe stands up before I can stop her anf falls Now I am laying on that call button!! An orderly comes in and gets her up and tells me I should have called !! Duh I did !!!!!Now as he said he had to make a report of her fall ,one would have thought that someone would check her right , again NARDA , Eventually at 2 a I see a nurse actually at the desk , sooo I go and ask what we are waiting for , I was polite . She said I am NOT her nurse and continued to ignore me !!So I asked can you find someone who does know !! Her reply THE DOCTOR is busy !! Again I kept my cool , as I turned to go back to the room the lady who was in the next cubicle with her husband calls me and says She is gonna report them for their rudeness and how awful they have been> She proceeds to tell me that a guy across the hall has been yelling for help for over an hour , I peek at him and he calls me i=over I explain I am not a staff there and I look for his call button which I couldn't find . I then spotted another staff who I asked if she could help him as he had been calling for anhour . Her reply The DOCTOR is busy. Around 2:30a the Doctor comes in and says his thing and discharhes her , Like 5 mins later my lady says I gotta go , I quickly look for staff only to almost bump into EVIL #1 , I tell her and she ignores me and proceeds to give discharge instructions to my MR individual:furious I again remind her that she has to GO . She says IHEARD YOU!! I calmly say to her "ARE you having a BAD Day " Her reply NO YOU ARE RUDE!!I lost my total calm and informed her she was the RUDE one :She then says CAN SHE SIGN them !! By now I had had it I am thinking you are the idiot who just read them to her and leftt me out !! The orderly caomes in and helps her to the bathroom and while I am waiting I hear CRUELLA telling other staff that I had the nerve to ask her if she was having a BAD day . I stick my head out and say "Ican hear you"
We finally left and when I arrrived at the House I was greeted by my overnight staff, who was cracking up!!~ Are you ready for this , Cruella had called the house to say we wer on our way and that the staff with her was .....


OLD< MEAN< RUDE and had DEMENTIA!!!!!!

I informed the individuals sister of all this and she is on the WAR PATH as is my nursing Directot I have a feeling CRUELLA is in TROUBLEOf course my staff is having a field day with this and it has been the main topic of conversation
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #261
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,321

Sounds like a nightmare to me, Rosie!

It's pay back time for Cruella.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #262
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sounds like a nightmare to me, Rosie!

It's pay back time for Cruella.
I am just enjoying all the fun the experience has given my staff
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #263
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sounds like a nightmare to me, Rosie!

It's pay back time for Cruella.

I second what Karin said!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #264
marvali
DIS Veteran
 
marvali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 5,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Yes it was !! This was Char my co workers last day before major surgery She will be out 6 weeks and I am gonna miss her !!! Yesterday was quite a day !!

Rosie's Day Started at 12 midnight , with a call from the house , I had to go in and relieve a staff at the Er with clean clothes for the individual and stay till she was discharged !!The tale of horror begins :
12:30a a nurse ( i presume) gave her some anti diarrhae medicine , around 1a she has to go I call for assistance both verbally and thru the call button and NARDA as in nothing , by this time she is sitting on the edge saying I gotta goShe stands up before I can stop her anf falls Now I am laying on that call button!! An orderly comes in and gets her up and tells me I should have called !! Duh I did !!!!!Now as he said he had to make a report of her fall ,one would have thought that someone would check her right , again NARDA , Eventually at 2 a I see a nurse actually at the desk , sooo I go and ask what we are waiting for , I was polite . She said I am NOT her nurse and continued to ignore me !!So I asked can you find someone who does know !! Her reply THE DOCTOR is busy !! Again I kept my cool , as I turned to go back to the room the lady who was in the next cubicle with her husband calls me and says She is gonna report them for their rudeness and how awful they have been> She proceeds to tell me that a guy across the hall has been yelling for help for over an hour , I peek at him and he calls me i=over I explain I am not a staff there and I look for his call button which I couldn't find . I then spotted another staff who I asked if she could help him as he had been calling for anhour . Her reply The DOCTOR is busy. Around 2:30a the Doctor comes in and says his thing and discharhes her , Like 5 mins later my lady says I gotta go , I quickly look for staff only to almost bump into EVIL #1 , I tell her and she ignores me and proceeds to give discharge instructions to my MR individual:furious I again remind her that she has to GO . She says IHEARD YOU!! I calmly say to her "ARE you having a BAD Day " Her reply NO YOU ARE RUDE!!I lost my total calm and informed her she was the RUDE one :She then says CAN SHE SIGN them !! By now I had had it I am thinking you are the idiot who just read them to her and leftt me out !! The orderly caomes in and helps her to the bathroom and while I am waiting I hear CRUELLA telling other staff that I had the nerve to ask her if she was having a BAD day . I stick my head out and say "Ican hear you"
We finally left and when I arrrived at the House I was greeted by my overnight staff, who was cracking up!!~ Are you ready for this , Cruella had called the house to say we wer on our way and that the staff with her was .....


OLD< MEAN< RUDE and had DEMENTIA!!!!!!

I informed the individuals sister of all this and she is on the WAR PATH as is my nursing Directot I have a feeling CRUELLA is in TROUBLEOf course my staff is having a field day with this and it has been the main topic of conversation
What a nightmare Rosie, and it sounds like a LOT of the staff there needs much more than you gave!!!

BUT......................

Is any of the above Cruella shared with your staff supposed to be NEWS to any of us who know you on the DIS???
__________________

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #265
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,583

I love the " I can hear you " comment


Sounds like Nightshift thinks they can say anything because they work overnight.....


I hope Cruella gets whats coming to her....
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #266
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
What a nightmare Rosie, and it sounds like a LOT of the staff there needs much more than you gave!!!

BUT......................

Is any of the above Cruella shared with your staff supposed to be NEWS to any of us who know you on the DIS???
Well OLD I am !!! I knew I could count on you to agree with the Dementia , but MEAN & Rude !!! There are definately a couple of my staff who would have been RUDE and pretty threatening to that staff !!In fact 1 stated she would have driven back to the ER and dealt with Cruella immediately But I am glad it didn't happen I don't want to have to fill their spots on the schedule while they await TRIAL!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #267
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I love the " I can hear you " comment


Sounds like Nightshift thinks they can say anything because they work overnight.....


I hope Cruella gets whats coming to her....
I think she well may as the individuals sister talked to the supervisor of the ER!!Guess what he used to work for our agency and knows 3 of my staff well !! Poor Cruella , they are conducting an internal investigation AND our Nursing Supervisor has been instructed by QA to write a formal letter to the Hospital
Now on a much better note, today I was once again at the same ER with the same individual , who has been admitted , and the staff were awesome !!! The nurse was very attentive , she kept us informed fully the whole time and made conversation. As I was leaving I went to the desk and Thanked her for her excellent care !!

But of course there is a Tale !!!!!The staff who releaved me at the ER called and said the doctor said that the catscan showed she may have swallowed a wire !!!We are all in shock as this is NOT a PICA person !!! Turns out , the catscan took a pix of her IV that was under her
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #268
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,084

Your Cruella sounds 10x worse than Disney's Cruella. So sorry you had to endure that.

I hope Char is doing well after her surgery.
KatMark is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #269
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I think she well may as the individuals sister talked to the supervisor of the ER!!Guess what he used to work for our agency and knows 3 of my staff well !! Poor Cruella , they are conducting an internal investigation AND our Nursing Supervisor has been instructed by QA to write a formal letter to the Hospital
Now on a much better note, today I was once again at the same ER with the same individual , who has been admitted , and the staff were awesome !!! The nurse was very attentive , she kept us informed fully the whole time and made conversation. As I was leaving I went to the desk and Thanked her for her excellent care !!
That good to hear, well not that the same individual was back in the ER but that the crappy care was limited to what seems like one nurse.
I hope Nurse Cruella gets bedpan duty and gets put somewhere where she can do not harm.



Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
But of course there is a Tale !!!!!The staff who releaved me at the ER called and said the doctor said that the catscan showed she may have swallowed a wire !!!We are all in shock as this is NOT a PICA person !!! Turns out , the catscan took a pix of her IV that was under her
I can only hope the doctor was only looking at what he thought it could be and luckily no intervention was done for the non wire.

Whoever loaded the patient is the one who screwed up. Yeesh can't take your eyes off them can you????
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #270
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Your Cruella sounds 10x worse than Disney's Cruella. So sorry you had to endure that.

I hope Char is doing well after her surgery.
Thanks for Char's well wishes !!That girl showed up at the Staff meeting today !!! I was shocked but she looks pretty good for so soon after the surgery !!!Said she was already going crazy !!! I have afeeling she will NOT be out 6 weeks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
That good to hear, well not that the same individual was back in the ER but that the crappy care was limited to what seems like one nurse.
I hope Nurse Cruella gets bedpan duty and gets put somewhere where she can do not harm.





I can only hope the doctor was only looking at what he thought it could be and luckily no intervention was done for the non wire.

Whoever loaded the patient is the one who screwed up. Yeesh can't take your eyes off them can you????

Our agency is opening a PICA house this year , so we were all thinking she would be put there !!!! PICA is a disease (mental) that people eat what would seem unedible objects such as batteries, lightbulbs etc etc !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: