Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
staffieri
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Posts: 703

Help!!! 2 rooms, Family Suite? We have 4

Ok, Going to WDW with Me, my 14year old, 6 year old and their Nana. How do I book a room? What would be best? No one wants to sleep in a queen together. Maybe me and my 6 year old if the deal is great. However, I can't put Nana in a sofa. What are our options. Is it cheaper to get connecting rooms? Would love your thoughts. I haven't been since 2003. We been cruising.
__________________
Kimberly
staffieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,096

You could book preferred at POR and stay in the AB section. They have two queens and a murphy bed set-up. However, the storage is limited.

You could also book a regular room at POR or POFQ and get two queen beds and bring an air mattress. There is plenty of storage for 4 people (I have done 4 adults in the mansions at POR). The air mattress can be placed agains the wall during the day when not in use.

The set-up would be similar at CSR. CBR still has double beds, so that would not be the most ideal choice, but it would work with the air mattress.

The threads for CSR, POR, and POFQ are very well maintained and have a ton of pictures; I would check them all three out and see what theming suits you best.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

for more money than POR - you can get two rooms at a value resort - then everyone gets a bed with connecting rooms.

think all stars sports or music is cheaper than movie or pop.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
dmdelight
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
for more money than POR - you can get two rooms at a value resort - then everyone gets a bed with connecting rooms.

think all stars sports or music is cheaper than movie or pop.
i would go with this option also, i don't like sharing beds.
but can connecting rooms actually be guaranteed?
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdelight View Post
but can connecting rooms actually be guaranteed?
Nope.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
dmdelight
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Nope.
had a feeling
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 387

If it's within your budget, you can stay at any deluxe other than WL/AKL. They all have 2 queen beds and a daybed. Your DD and you can share a bed, their Nana can have her own bed and your 14 yr old can sleep on the daybed.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 12

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
scm200
Mouseketeer
 
scm200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 137

the campground cabins have bunks, a double bed and a queen murphybed(in the living area)

if you can swing it that is a wonderful place to stay, full kitchen and lots of space. we loved it with the kids...

sharon
__________________
Sharon (aka Auntie SHA SHA)
scm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,136

In order to get queen sized beds, you have to stay at a moderate or deluxe resort. The standard rooms at the value resorts have full sized beds. the cheapest way for you to get what you want is to book a preferred room at POR. All the preferred rooms are in the bayou section, which means the odds are in your favor you will get a room with a trundle bed. Or you could book a standard room and pack along an air mattress.

If you decide to stay at a moderate resort with an air mattress, the only thing to keep in mind is that CBR has only double sized beds. No queens.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
In order to get queen sized beds, you have to stay at a moderate or deluxe resort. The standard rooms at the value resorts have full sized beds. the cheapest way for you to get what you want is to book a preferred room at POR. All the preferred rooms are in the bayou section, which means the odds are in your favor you will get a room with a trundle bed. Or you could book a standard room and pack along an air mattress.

If you decide to stay at a moderate resort with an air mattress, the only thing to keep in mind is that CBR has only double sized beds. No queens.
The problem is that only the 6 yr old with be able to sleep on the trundle bed. It's too small for the others. Staying at POR would involve two of the others having to share a bed.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 12

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,984

Family suite at AoA would get you queen bed for you and 6 yo. Nana could have full size table Murphy bed which I've read is very comfy. 14yo could have full size sleep sofa. You would get 2 bathrooms and kitchenette.

I would also consider a deluxe with 2 queens and a daybed. Not all rooms at BC have a daybed. The rooms at the Poly & CR are nice and big.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
The problem is that only the 6 yr old with be able to sleep on the trundle bed. It's too small for the others. Staying at POR would involve two of the others having to share a bed.
This. Although it's no longer a trundle bed at POR - it's a murphy bed that pulls down from the wall under the TV. And not a full size murphy bed like at AoA - it's small and meant for ages 10 and under. When they had the trundle, taller/older kids could get away with sleeping on it since it was on the floor. Not anymore since the new murphy style bed is suspended.

I'd probably do two rooms at a value and hope for connecting or adjacent rooms. Since it will presumably be you and 6 year old in one room and nana and 14 year old in other, I assume it wouldn't be a HUGE deal if there were a couple rooms between you in the worst case scenario. Two rooms will give everyone their own bed, plus two bathrooms.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2
 
MinnieGirl33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
If it's within your budget, you can stay at any deluxe other than WL/AKL. They all have 2 queen beds and a daybed. Your DD and you can share a bed, their Nana can have her own bed and your 14 yr old can sleep on the daybed.
This
__________________
Me DH DS20 DS17 Minnie Mia


MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,552

One other option would be to a bunk bed room at AKL or WL, which might be cheaper than the other deluxes. You and DD could sleep in the queen, Nana on the bottom bunk, and DS on the top bunk.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran
 
ilovemk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffieri View Post
Ok, Going to WDW with Me, my 14year old, 6 year old and their Nana. How do I book a room? What would be best? No one wants to sleep in a queen together. Maybe me and my 6 year old if the deal is great. However, I can't put Nana in a sofa. What are our options. Is it cheaper to get connecting rooms? Would love your thoughts. I haven't been since 2003. We been cruising.
I would get two connecting (request but not a guarantee) or two adjoining rooms at the value resorts.
__________________
What does $3.00 ham have to do with Mexico?
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.