Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #121
btm1017
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyHusband View Post
Did you originally sign up for a DP when you first booked?
What days did you book on your BB promo to get the free dining?

Last edited by btm1017; 02-26-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Delete
btm1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #122
disneydacey
Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'

When we were at POR in November the BB offer for FD had 9/13 as the last date for mods and 9/28 for deluxes. But when I called to book from my room the CM let me book CB for 9/28 arrival. I still have the copy of the offer from the room if anyone is interested I can post a pic of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #123
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Welcome! I have been reading on here and other websites that usually FD is released sometime around March-April. (Some on other threads are surmising that after this current promo ends on 3/7 we may see it). Also, I was able to get FD at Value last year. I would recommend booking the resort you want now, and adjust accordingly, that way if FD isn't released you won't have to worry about getting the resort you want
Thanks! So I did some more research on the booking requirements though & have another question - if I book a vacation package but want to change the dates and/or add a code later, MouseSaver says they'll charge $50, if made directly through Disney. This charge doesn't apply to room only reservations though -So my logic is telling me I can book just the room for now & then make a resort/date/package add-on later if I need to in order to get the discount, with no charge. Is that right or did I miss something important? And if I use a travel agent, the $50 would also be avoided, right? Which do you all feel is better - using a TA or direct with Disney?

Also, thanks CopperWife for the historical chart - helped alot!!
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #124
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA

Thanks! So I did some more research on the booking requirements though & have another question - if I book a vacation package but want to change the dates and/or add a code later, MouseSaver says they'll charge $50, if made directly through Disney. This charge doesn't apply to room only reservations though -So my logic is telling me I can book just the room for now & then make a resort/date/package add-on later if I need to in order to get the discount, with no charge. Is that right or did I miss something important? And if I use a travel agent, the $50 would also be avoided, right? Which do you all feel is better - using a TA or direct with Disney?

Also, thanks CopperWife for the historical chart - helped alot!!
No, that's not right. You only get charged a $50 fee if you are making changed less than 45 days before check in. Also, you can not just add tickets and dining to a room only reservation. You would have to completely cancel your room only reservation and they will not transfer that money to a new package reservation either - it takes 2 billing cycles, or 2 months, to get that money credited back to your credit card. The best thing to do is to make your package reservation with room tickets and dining and when a discount code is released, just call and have it added to your existing reservation. There is NOT a fee and even if you had to change dates, room category or even resorts there is not a fee, you don't have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same. There's really no reason to use a TA to book your Disney trip. They can't do anything or get any discount that you can't get personally. If you just don't want to take the time to call or plan use a TA but don't think they are doing things you can do or have access to yourself.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #125
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btm1017 View Post
What days did you book on your BB promo to get the FD?
Mine was 8/18 to 9/28. I booked 8/19to 9/2 2 full weeks.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #126
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
No, that's not right. You only get charged a $50 fee if you are making changed less than 45 days before check in. Also, you can not just add tickets and dining to a room only reservation. You would have to completely cancel your room only reservation and they will not transfer that money to a new package reservation either - it takes 2 billing cycles, or 2 months, to get that money credited back to your credit card. The best thing to do is to make your package reservation with room tickets and dining and when a discount code is released, just call and have it added to your existing reservation. There is NOT a fee and even if you had to change dates, room category or even resorts there is not a fee, you don't have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same. There's really no reason to use a TA to book your Disney trip. They can't do anything or get any discount that you can't get personally. If you just don't want to take the time to call or plan use a TA but don't think they are doing things you can do or have access to yourself.

Disney will only charge the $50 fee if whatever changes you make less than 45 days from check in LOWER the price of your reservation. If your price were to instead go up, then they will NOT charge the $50 fee.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #127
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96

Disney will only charge the $50 fee if whatever changes you make less than 45 days from check in LOWER the price of your reservation. If your price were to instead go up, then they will NOT charge the $50 fee.
That's true, but the point of applying the free dining discount is to save you a whole lot of money ;-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #128
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Got it! Thank you both for clarifying! It would be saving us money for sure, on top of allowing an upgrade from value to MOD resort, so I'm definitely hoping for FD, or at least a room discount. BF's sister (co-coordinator) just told me today she got the pin last month for 35% off but didn't even realize what it was until after it expired on the 16th. It would have covered our first set of dates if we had been able to catch it in time - kicking rocks!!! I think FD would be better deal for us anyway, but backup would have been nice. = /
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #129
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
from personal experience - we have called several times 24 hours in advance or even on the way down to add a night onto an existing reservation and we were not charnged any kind of penalty. So I agree with the PP if you're going up in price they won't charge you a fee.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #130
EmilyJ
Mouseketeer

Email with a code or September?

I've gotten numerous pin odes in the mail for isneyland, but we always travel wdw. I'm looking at a September 3/10 vacation. I got an email saying x prices for dates starting September 14. It said be sure to mention this code. But it isn't say anything like save x percent or anything....... As I've said, I've only gotten postcard pins, I'm assuming that isn't a pin?
EmilyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #131
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyJ View Post
I've gotten numerous pin odes in the mail for isneyland, but we always travel wdw. I'm looking at a September 3/10 vacation. I got an email saying x prices for dates starting September 14. It said be sure to mention this code. But it isn't say anything like save x percent or anything....... As I've said, I've only gotten postcard pins, I'm assuming that isn't a pin?
If the prices look like rack rates, it's probably one of the promotional things they have been sending out that look like a sale, but aren't.
Check them against the online booking prices, and if it's lower, call to see.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #132
EmilyJ
Mouseketeer

I'll check to be sure, but they didn't appear to be a good deal or anything. Hopefully soon.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #133
EmilyJ
Mouseketeer

While we are on topic, I've never traveled with extended family. We will need 5 rooms. If I get a pin, can I book ll 5 rooms with it?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #134
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

So I'm confused... How are people getting FD for September stays if it isn't being offered yet? We are going 9/22-9/28. How do I get that added???
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #135
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimbrogno View Post
So I'm confused... How are people getting FD for September stays if it isn't being offered yet? We are going 9/22-9/28. How do I get that added???
They booked a bounceback offer when they were there last year. Sorry, but you can't get it added now. Have to wait with the rest of us to see if they offer it to the general public.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: