Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Has anyone not been able to modify

Has anyone not been able to modify a reservation once a promo code came out? If so was there a reason?

Just wondering before I book.
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
partypa
Mouseketeer

We have always been able to Modify. We do use Dreamsunlimited so they keep track of the Discounts and Deals for us and Modify as soon as anything is released, one of the biggest reasons we use them is that little perk
partypa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Nope, never. I usually book with a TA also, but I am sure you will have no issue with Disney directly either.
disneyfantotheend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Has anyone not been able to modify a reservation once a promo code came out? If so was there a reason?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can modify up until you have paid off the trip. After you have paid off the trip, you can't modify it with a new discount code.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

I tried to upgrade our room to a King-water view that has a PIN attached and they said there was none of those rooms available. They are showing that type of room available at the resort, maybe not for that PIN?
Confusing, yes... I would think that they would be all over trying to get more money from me, but I guess not.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Yes, I always book through Disney and have always been able to modify without any issue. Last year it was very easy, they just applied the discount code and gave me my new balance. It took about 5 minutes.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
I tried to upgrade our room to a King-water view that has a PIN attached and they said there was none of those rooms available. They are showing that type of room available at the resort, maybe not for that PIN?
Confusing, yes... I would think that they would be all over trying to get more money from me, but I guess not.
Unfortunately, only a certain number of rooms and certain types of rooms are set aside for PIN codes. I know a LOT of people have been disappointed to find that the Little Mermaid rooms are not included in many/most/all of the PIN codes that have been sent out. My guess is that Disney is hoping to pull full rack rate prices for those rooms because they are popular. I suspect a King Water View room is quite popular as well. Sorry you weren't able to upgrade. I would honestly keep checking because people do cancel, even with a PIN. You never know, you might still be able get that upgrade.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post

We've never had a problem modifying a reservation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can modify up until you have paid off the trip. After you have paid off the trip, you can't modify it with a new discount code.
You can modify a reservation any time, however, you may/may not be charged a change fee. If it's done within the penalty period (i.e., 44 days or less prior to arrival for a package), you will be charged a $50 change fee if the total cost decreases (this fee is usually waived if the cost increases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
I would honestly keep checking because people do cancel, even with a PIN. You never know, you might still be able get that upgrade.
I agree. Availability changes all the time and you never know when/if something might become available.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
mmouse09
Mouseketeer

We had WL booked for 4 nights with FD. We wanted to modify a few weeks later and add an additional night but were told there were no standard rooms available with the discount any more (even thought it showed standard available at full rack rate).

I called and called and called and FINALLY got an agent that was able to add it on
mmouse09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: