Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca G View Post
I saw a blog post in which the writer warned that the mouse level in the rooms by the main pool ( at AOA) was very loud. Even at night sometimes until past 10pm because of pool side movies. While I know my children will love these activities, we were careful to book our rooms over in the Cats area to avoid thd noise. I would think you could move to a quieter section.
I love this post. It mouse level wasn't as high in the Cats area.
AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #92
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Wow, I'm with you on this one. I really didn't expect a deluxe resort to have loud rock music at the pool.
So only the values should have the loud rock music? Yikes.. careful.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #93
macadoo
Earning My Ears

We stayed at All Stars last year and there was none of this, some fun afternoon games but no loud music so presuming it's a new thing? Going to POR next year think my children will love it (well DD will not sure about DS 15 lol) but think i'll be requesting a room by a quiet pool just in case
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #94
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

I agree it is most annoying. It was sooo loud at the Poly last year that I complained and they turned the music way down so you could barely hear it. The bartenders said they coudnt stand it either and hoped more would complain so they would get rid of it. It never failed that they would wheel that giant speaker right next to our table and get ready to blare it. I complained every day. LOL
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #95
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Disney needs to build an adult only resort. The problem would be solved that way. I bet it would sell out too what with honeymooning couples, empty nesters or those who just want to relax.

I like kids, but I agree that there is no need to have the poolside music and activities blaring for hours. An hour at most seems reasonable.
An adults only resort wouldn't guarantee a relaxing atmosphere. There would always be the adults who want to party at the pool - all night long. There have been times when we have been at the "quiet" pool (unthemed) and had tons of noise from other guests (adults) taking over the pool with their boom boxes and parties.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #96
Karabee
DIS Veteran

I'm totally with you on this one. We stayed at WL last year and had an inside courtyard view. Well, with the view came the noise. We could even hear it in the room. The pool area there is already so small that it was anything but relaxing. I think perhaps games and music for an hour or two a day or even alternating between a game and then no music but 6 hours of it was horrible.
It's easy to say, "go to the quiet pool" but I like the outside bar for a drink or snack, the waterslide and larger size of the main pools - I guess we can't have it all!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #97
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

I imagine that if a guest took a boom box poolside and started yelling at people thru a karaoke machine, imploring them to dance to the music and what-not, the resort would quickly respond and ask them to cease...

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #98
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

I find the all day Pool activities annoying. Once a day for maybe an hour or so is ok. Personally I like relaxing around the pool and enjoying the atmospheric music and resort sounds.
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #99
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

An adults only resort wouldn't guarantee a relaxing atmosphere. There would always be the adults who want to party at the pool - all night long. There have been times when we have been at the "quiet" pool (unthemed) and had tons of noise from other guests (adults) taking over the pool with their boom boxes and parties.
Soo true!!! Drunk loud adults at all hours- morning, noon and night!!! I can't stand that.

Also, the poster who commented on WL courtyard rooms, it can be true and that totally stinks. We stayed courtyard once and never again. On top of the noise level it just felt sooo un private.

Pool activities don't bother me for some reason. I'm 30 with no kiddos yet. I actually laugh at the young, cheey cm's on the mic running them. I can sleep through anything!!! Hahahhaa!! We were just akl in october and i laid out for a few hours during games and just zoned it out. You could wear earbuds. It's Disney, it's kinda par for the course kwim?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #100
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Soo true!!! Drunk loud adults at all hours- morning, noon and night!!! I can't stand that.

Also, the poster who commented on WL courtyard rooms, it can be true and that totally stinks. We stayed courtyard once and never again. On top of the noise level it just felt sooo un private.

Pool activities don't bother me for some reason. I'm 30 with no kiddos yet. I actually laugh at the young, cheey cm's on the mic running them. I can sleep through anything!!! Hahahhaa!! We were just akl in october and i laid out for a few hours during games and just zoned it out. You could wear earbuds. It's Disney, it's kinda par for the course kwim?
I've probably stayed at the Poly 300 nights, most in the Samoa building facing the volcano pool and I've never seen an obnoxious drunk adult. I've never seen them at GF, WL, CR either. I'd take a drunk adult over 3 hours of blaring music any day. LOL
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #101
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You have a point. But, I still think an adults only resort would do very well.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #102
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I've probably stayed at the Poly 300 nights, most in the Samoa building facing the volcano pool and I've never seen an obnoxious drunk adult. I've never seen them at GF, WL, CR either. I'd take a drunk adult over 3 hours of blaring music any day. LOL
Me too.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #103
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD

Biggest two for drunk adults for us were Poly and CSR!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #104
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
You have a point. But, I still think an adults only resort would do very well.
Until the guests who wanted to bring their new infant child with them. Or the guests who are dying to stay there, but they have a 10 yr old and since Disney requires a 10 yr old to buy an "adult" ticket, they should be able to stay there.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #105
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Beach Club last year in late October and the Yacht Club this past October and it seemed like the pool activities at SAB had been amped up a bit.

Last year, things didn't really get noisy until late afternoon and we actually enjoyed watching the kids enjoy the pool party and the lifeguards doing that Cha Cha Slide dance every day. This year, it seemed like the pool was loud much earlier and for much longer. We were by the pool around 11:00 am and they already had the loud music playing. I can't remember if there was someone who seemed to be a DJ or if it was just Top 40 music playing but the music was basically blaring. It was pretty loud. Then they kept getting on the microphone announcing that they would be starting games soon for at least a half hour to 45 minutes. When the games started, they kept the music blaring behind the yelling CMs. It was just too much.

I can't be sure but I seem to remember that last year they had the games without loud music in the background and no dance party style music until the actual pool party. Like I said, I don't mind the actual pool party or even the games, I just don't think we need resort music playing, Top 40 music blaring at the same time AND CMs yelling instructions to games on the microphone all at once.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: