Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Fall 2013 Promotions

Hi

When does Disney typically announce promotions for the fall season.

I like to plan early for our vacations and my son will be going for the first time with his daughter who will be almost 4. He is on a budget so he really needs to know what he is looking at cost wise.

Thanks!
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
krichards
Mouseketeer

I asked the agent at disney reservations today and she said by summer. I don't want to wait that long to book but I don't really have a choice. Once you've gotten FD once, you realize how much money you save and it's worth waiting! Hope it comes out soon!! I'm planning mob going in September.

If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true. -- Cinderella
krichards is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
kpapiezjhbk7211
Mouseketeer

I have gone with the free dining twice and it really is a huge savings. I am planning on going in September as well and I'm waiting to see if they're gonna be offering it again. If not, I almost can't afford to go
kpapiezjhbk7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

I didn't go for 25 yrs, so never did free dining. Our play stay dine knocks the QS meal plan price down to between $15 and $25 a day for quick service, depending on how you do the math. Even at $25, I figure we will save some money, a couple $11 meals plus $2 drinks and $4 desserts plus a $4 snack is nice. And I'm prepaid for food, so can rest easy on the finance side. We are light eaters, will probably split most of our CS Meals and have 3 or 4 light meals a day and I am likely to have a fruit or pastry snack for breakfast. It's not as good as free, but still helped make our trip possible.
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
monicab28
Earning My Ears

Historically, Disney has released the Fall promos around July or August.
monicab28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

Last year we did free dining at the end of August and that promotion was released sometime around March 5th.

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
meloneyb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
denisea51
Mouseketeer

I am also waiting to hear about FD for Sept. I have already booked my resort but I want to know why are some of you waiting to hear about FD before you book your room? Can't you add it to your ressies when it comes out? Or is it because they only offer FD at certain resorts? Denise
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
krichards
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51
I am also waiting to hear about FD for Sept. I have already booked my resort but I want to know why are some of you waiting to hear about FD before you book your room? Can't you add it to your ressies when it comes out? Or is it because they only offer FD at certain resorts? Denise
If they see a lot of bookings then they may not feel the need to offer free dining.

If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true. -- Cinderella
krichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichards View Post
If they see a lot of bookings then they may not feel the need to offer free dining.
Which is why I am not booking until 181 days out ...

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
denisea51
Mouseketeer

I see thanks Denise
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

Hoping for FD here too. We will be in the World Sept. 27 - Oct. 6. However, if the current BB offer is an indication of dates, we may back arrival up to the 26th.
jacksgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

Hi all!! You can just add the code for FD to your current ressie if it comes out, provided you already have a package booked. If you do not have a package they will need to cancel your current ressie and rebook you in a package. Apparently it is a different system/department that handles room only ressies!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
julzee
Earning My Ears

adding promos to existing reservations

We are wanting to go 10/5 thru 10/13 . So if we book now we and a promo comes out they will add it to your current reservation? We went 3 years ago and had free dining and would love to do it again but don't really want to wait to book.

Thanks
julzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
weswife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksgirl View Post
Hoping for FD here too. We will be in the World Sept. 27 - Oct. 6. However, if the current BB offer is an indication of dates, we may back arrival up to the 26th.
We would like FD as well! We went in Oct 2011 and it was great! Do you have an idea in regard to FD dates? I noticed you made reference to changing dates!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzee View Post
We are wanting to go 10/5 thru 10/13 . So if we book now we and a promo comes out they will add it to your current reservation? We went 3 years ago and had free dining and would love to do it again but don't really want to wait to book.

Thanks
Yes, you just call reservations and let them know that your would like whatever offer has been released. You may have to change room types. For instance, if you booked standard and a standard is not offered in the offer, you will have to change to Garden View, Water View, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
We would like FD as well! We went in Oct 2011 and it was great! Do you have an idea in regard to FD dates? I noticed you made reference to changing dates!
Mousesavers.com has all the historical info. I have found it to be very helpful.

Also....I can't wait for a FD offer, either!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: