Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Would this bother you?

We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned theice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is diheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Kimberle
WL Vet

Yes, it would bother me. I've read lots of reports lately about the decline in housekeeping. At all levels of resorts.

If my requests to housekeeping weren't being met, I would walk down to the front desk and ask for the General Manager. I'd probably take pictures, too, and email them to WDW when I returned home. (I'd state that I am not looking for a discount, or "freebie", but was displeased about the cleanliness of my room.)
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

All of it would bother me except the towel animals. They are cute and added magic, but some of the housekeepers make them and some don't. We've gone eight times and only had one trip that we got more than one. I certainly agree with expecting the room to be clean when you get back and not having to do it yourself!
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

It would bother me, and I would probably go down to the front desk. Always better to take care of a problem before you get home!
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

davidmaine, I would stop the tips (not double them) and why is reporting a dirty room *stirring* up trouble?

Wrong thread - this was on the Family thread - my bad!

Last edited by North of Mouse; 11-06-2012 at 06:57 AM.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
HappyHaunts999
Mouseketeer

Yes, ask to speak to the manager. Part of the price you pay for a room includes housekeeping. If they are not doing the job then someone needs to make them. I would not leave a tip.
HappyHaunts999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Yep, you bet it would bother me. I would snap a few pics, then go straight to the front desk and speak with the manager. No way would I keep leaving tips, either, unless the situation improved dramatically.

As far as the towel animals ... that's really hit or miss, regardless. You're not guaranteed to get them, tip or no tip, good mousekeeper or bad, etc. It really depends on whether the mousekeeper knows how to make them, has time, etc. It's a little bit of magic and they're nice to get, sure, but you have to treat them as pixie dust.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
debbiedana
DIS Veteran

That would bother me a lot. You need to speak to a supervisor or manager. And stop tipping.

As for the towel animals, you're going to need to let that go. I have never understood why so many people tie in their happiness with their resort over something so minuscule.

Hope you get the housekeeping issue resolved quickly and enjoy the rest of your trip!
debbiedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

If you are coming on the Dis to express your unhappiness with the cleanliness, than obviously its a problem for you, so go to the front desk and speak with a manager. That's what anyone would do in a situation such as yours.

I don't understand why people come to the Dis with their issues while at Disney when the people they need to be speaking with are right there. The people on the Dis can't make your room clean.

Sorry if that comes off abrasive, but if I am going to take the time to post about an issue I'm having with a room, I probably could have walked to the lobby and let the people who can do something about the problem know in that same amount of time.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
If you are coming on the Dis to express your unhappiness with the cleanliness, than obviously its a problem for you, so go to the front desk and speak with a manager. That's what anyone would do in a situation such as yours.

I don't understand why people come to the Dis with their issues while at Disney when the people they need to be speaking with are right there. The people on the Dis can't make your room clean.

Sorry if that comes off abrasive, but if I am going to take the time to post about an issue I'm having with a room, I probably could have walked to the lobby and let the people who can do something about the problem know in that same amount of time.
I don't think all people would, necessarily, go to the front desk. I think there is a general feeling sometimes that is you complain, the situation will worsen. It shouldn't happen that way, but often does. The above poster is quite right, however, in that one SHOULD go and make mention. I think that if you don't, then it isn't helpful to anybody, including the person cleaning your room. There's nothing worse than seeing a bunch of short and curlies in the bathroom or somebody else's toothpaste spit. Ew...I've had better luck sometimes being polite and kind to the actual housekeeper and simply saying, "would you mind just.....quickly"

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.
Should I bother to go to the front desk
I would ask for the housekeeping manager to come by the room for a quick talk. And yes stop tipping them and point out that you have been leaving a tip each night.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your mousekeeper is pretty apathetic about her job. I would go down and ask to speak with the manager, and take pics and forward in an e mail to customer relations/service if you have a laptop with you. And when you leave, be sure you ask for an exit survey.

This is why I always travel with a travel pack of sanitizing wipes. When I move into a hotel room, anywhere, I wipe down everywhere we touch. Counter tops in bathroom, dresser, night table, flusher, tv remote, phone, all knobs, etc. I just don't trust housekeeping. Some are very good, and some are like the one you got.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
I don't think all people would, necessarily, go to the front desk. I think there is a general feeling sometimes that is you complain, the situation will worsen. It shouldn't happen that way, but often does. The above poster is quite right, however, in that one SHOULD go and make mention. I think that if you don't, then it isn't helpful to anybody, including the person cleaning your room. There's nothing worse than seeing a bunch of short and curlies in the bathroom or somebody else's toothpaste spit. Ew...I've had better luck sometimes being polite and kind to the actual housekeeper and simply saying, "would you mind just.....quickly"
Short and curlies!?!?!

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean...I just think that nicely going down to the front desk is the way to handle it if its an issue. If you are nice about it, it should turn into something negative.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Towel animals would not bother me.

A dirty room most certainly would. Especially despite bringing it to the housekeeper's attention.

Snap pics and bring to the resort manager. Skip the housekeeping manager.

Also NO MORE TIPS-period.
Simba's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I don't see any issue at all see a post from someone on a trip asking for advise as to what to do if you where in their shoes. I have never had an issue like that with mouse keeping and wouldn't know if I should let the front desk know or if there is some place else I should call. I seen on a resort thread someone post you should go see **** and **** desk if they are working they will get to the bottom of your issue. And too u want to know if u are overreacting to the situation.

My opinion: that if the management of housekeep does not know then they can't train the staff correctly. Everyone has a bad day but if it happens for more than one day I would totally make a call. First i would leave housekeep a note if you would mind, I noticed ....... Thanks so much for you time (with a tip) if that did not work I would make the call to house keeping supervisor or manger

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: