Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #1126
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

My DH does all the cooking; I (sorta) do the cleaning. Which means our house isn't very clean!

I do a lot of the baking, so I'm also at risk for exploding cake pops & muffins!

Very glad to hear that the surgery went well. At least the body cast recovery part has a finite end!

Hope everyone who is ill feels better fast!
Thanks....

I do all the cooking around here too, and laundry, DH does everything else. Our house looks pretty good, but I tend to collect things during the week, and ten I have "Throw away Parties" you know where just start throwing everything away to clean it up and then I start a give away pile.

Today is a throw away party!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1127
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Pics, please!!

Sooooooooooo I am back in Tampa and life is already sweeter. Not that I don't miss my family and all. But the moment I landed and turned on my phone, got a message from my mom that my dad was out of ICU (in a regular room), ate spaghetti, and they are talking about rehab. YAY!!!! Tests will be done on Monday still.

Then when my husband came to pick me up he had our puppy in the backseat! So cute. I didn't even mind his carsickness.

My flight was a little early so I got home around 10:15. Because I'm a crazy person... I've since completely unpacked, done 1.5 loads of laundry, and did dog grooming (brushed him with deshedder, gave him a bath, and brushed his teeth). Finally starting to get tired now... so hopefully I will pass out soon since I have thing to get done tomorrow.

Thank you all for all your thoughts during this rough time. Hopefully things will continue to improve!
That is great news about your Dad, I will keep him in my prayers.

Hopefully you got a good nights sleep, I always sleep better in my own bed, one of the big downfalls of traveling

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #1128
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Good morning ! Tiffanay, glad your home! I need to catch up, Hope everyone is doing well
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #1129
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
play.... We are going to meet another couple there, we are planning on getting out of the cold for awhile... It would be a long weekend, but we wanted to see if there was anything to do there.
Ah ok! I forgot to mention Busch Gardens too! There is an area called Ybor which is a cool hang-out district and it has a comedy club and movie theatre in addition to shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, hookah lounges, and tattoo shops. Really old Cuban area. The Columbia is there which is a Tampa trademark restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
That is great news about your Dad, I will keep him in my prayers.

Hopefully you got a good nights sleep, I always sleep better in my own bed, one of the big downfalls of traveling
Thank you and yes I did! Besides going to bed STARVING at around 2am. I ate at off times plus I had a perpetual upset stomach due to travelling and stress (mostly stress).

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Good morning ! Tiffanay, glad your home! I need to catch up, Hope everyone is doing well
I'm happy to be home too
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #1130
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I need to get a paper before they run out. Starbucks, need the coffee to.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #1131
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Ah ok! I forgot to mention Busch Gardens too! There is an area called Ybor which is a cool hang-out district and it has a comedy club and movie theatre in addition to shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, hookah lounges, and tattoo shops. Really old Cuban area. The Columbia is there which is a Tampa trademark restaurant.

Thank you and yes I did! Besides going to bed STARVING at around 2am. I ate at off times plus I had a perpetual upset stomach due to travelling and stress (mostly stress).

I'm happy to be home too
That is cool, the woman that will be with us is half Cuban, so she might love that area. When we are together we like to hit the restaurants, and bars, and just relax, but with something as an attraction (not amusement park) but a museum or something enriching, we would be set. It is my turn to come up with some place for us to go so Tampa may be the right spot!

How is the weather there at the end of January?

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #1132
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

i know you have wanted to for awhile
Yes! Thank you!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #1133
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Glad to hear your Dad's getting better, Tiffany! It's always a relief, isn't it?

So . . . we've been invited to a wedding in Orlando. DH didn't want to take time off from work, but I have a lot of saved vacation, so I booked myself to go early, and do Disney solo (he's not really a fan). Flash forward and now . . . he's coming too! Luckily, we can take two bags each on Southwest, so he can bring his golf clubs. I'll go to the parks, he'll do what he wants to do, and we'll meet for dinner. Should be OK, as long as he doesn't complain about being in a Royal room!! I'm declaring it a "No Whining Zone."
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #1134
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom
Glad to hear your Dad's getting better, Tiffany! It's always a relief, isn't it?

So . . . we've been invited to a wedding in Orlando. DH didn't want to take time off from work, but I have a lot of saved vacation, so I booked myself to go early, and do Disney solo (he's not really a fan). Flash forward and now . . . he's coming too! Luckily, we can take two bags each on Southwest, so he can bring his golf clubs. I'll go to the parks, he'll do what he wants to do, and we'll meet for dinner. Should be OK, as long as he doesn't complain about being in a Royal room!! I'm declaring it a "No Whining Zone."
That is fantastic! Congrats!!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #1135
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

That is cool, the woman that will be with us is half Cuban, so she might love that area. When we are together we like to hit the restaurants, and bars, and just relax, but with something as an attraction (not amusement park) but a museum or something enriching, we would be set. It is my turn to come up with some place for us to go so Tampa may be the right spot!

How is the weather there at the end of January?
Weather is variable... Will be cold at night. Could be freezing during the day or it could be ice cream weather.

I can def give you more ideas tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom

Thank you!! Sorry I didn't have a chance to welcome you before but I was travelling.

Yay for Disney!!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #1136
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Boo boos get to see this first!

2 new ones (at once)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #1137
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD
Boo boos get to see this first!

2 new ones (at once)
Love it!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #1138
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels

Love it!
Thank you!!! I brought in the sugar skull but he just drew up the rum bottle (needed something to fill that space).

Leg's almost done...... Just a few more

He gave me a great price too!!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1139
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Tiff!! I'm glad to ear about your father! That's good news!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #1140
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

Very cool!!!

2013 Cruising adventures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: