Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #1876
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
So I have a weird story for everyone. Teaser though. I have a feeling this day is only gonna get weirder. But it involves car accidents and Jehovah's witnesses
Spill!!
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #1877
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

So I work as a dog walker, and I drive to all my clients houses, and go and walk around their neighborhoods. I'm driving from my first clients house to the next on a major road. Not like two lanes major, but like a route major. Speed limit around 45.

So I'm about to go into my left turn lane to go down the street to get to the house, when all of a sudden from the other direction, a black car darts into my lane, straight up the hill of the office park, and into a telephone pole.

I pull over and call 911, and speak to them, and weirdly an unmarked state trooper was on the same road so he pulls over. So I get stuck cuz I'm like damn, he sees me here so now I'm probs gonna be a witness. Yup. So I call my boss explaining how I'm gonna be running late etc and I give my statement and leave, shaking and terrified.the people who pulled over who were behind her said she was weaving and like passing people. So we think drugs or alcohol.

Get to my next house, bring the dog out, get home and have the Jehovah's witnesses ask me if my parents were home (because I apparently don't look old enough to have a huge fancy house) and trap me in the house I was in, while the dogs mom spoke to them

. I texted my boss and I was like I don't know what to make of today.... At all.... Haha

Sent from my iPhone
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #1878
TifffanyD
I need to reload

lol oh my!! Scary!

One time Matt and I were jogging on a sidewalk of a major road. There was that lawn between the sidewalk and the road so plenty of room. An old beater truck coming towards us jump the curb, hit a fire hydrant right in front of Matt knocking it off, kept going, and rolled back into the road. SO SCARY!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #1879
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD
lol oh my!! Scary!

One time Matt and I were jogging on a sidewalk of a major road. There was that lawn between the sidewalk and the road so plenty of room. An old beater truck coming towards us jump the curb, hit a fire hydrant right in front of Matt knocking it off, kept going, and rolled back into the road. SO SCARY!!!!
It's terrifying! I was driving with my mom once rigt when I was learning to drive. An 18 wheeler took the off ramp too fast and fell over, the truck part coming straight towards my mom and I. It luckily didnt hit us but I was so scared I refused to drive on the highway til I turned 18 and moved to Vermont for school and the only way home was on highways.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #1880
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
It's terrifying! I was driving with my mom once rigt when I was learning to drive. An 18 wheeler took the off ramp too fast and fell over, the truck part coming straight towards my mom and I. It luckily didnt hit us but I was so scared I refused to drive on the highway til I turned 18 and moved to Vermont for school and the only way home was on highways.
Ugh!!! Well I hope you calm down soon.

When I was driving to Pgh once I spun out on ice and hit a guard rail. And I still had like 40 more miles to go to get there (turning back home would've been like 80 miles)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #1881
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10
I want to cry right now. We lost our nice AoA reservations for february due to a super long story. Had to rebook at AsMu. Saved ourselves a lot of money, but my friends are so ticked at me now, because I made things super complicated. Just..... Not a good week. At all..... Is it Christmas yet?
Quote:

The guy at hotels.com did us a "favor" and waived the extra person charge. When we called to say wait it only says 2 people now, they're like oh. Those rooms don't fit 4 people. We can put you in a suite for 4 for 100 more a night.
Quote:

Yeah. Canceled and booked through disney directly. The woman who took my call was a saint because I was like trying not to cry on the phone.
Quote:

Yeah. We're in AsMu. That's where we rebooked after AoA. Disney was like, how'd you even get that room? I didn't know we even had them....
Holy Crap, what a nightmare!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
Good morning.

It’s past midnight here on 21 Dec 2012. I can report that there are no zombie sightings…although I haven’t looked in the mirror lately.
Seems like the internet is working as well given that you’re reading this advance notice about the Mayan apocolypse. I guess this means that Christmas is definitely on this year.

Time for this little vegemite to go to bed!

Good to hear!!!

Quote:
So I work as a dog walker, and I drive to all my clients houses, and go and walk around their neighborhoods. I'm driving from my first clients house to the next on a major road. Not like two lanes major, but like a route major. Speed limit around 45.

So I'm about to go into my left turn lane to go down the street to get to the house, when all of a sudden from the other direction, a black car darts into my lane, straight up the hill of the office park, and into a telephone pole.

I pull over and call 911, and speak to them, and weirdly an unmarked state trooper was on the same road so he pulls over. So I get stuck cuz I'm like damn, he sees me here so now I'm probs gonna be a witness. Yup. So I call my boss explaining how I'm gonna be running late etc and I give my statement and leave, shaking and terrified.the people who pulled over who were behind her said she was weaving and like passing people. So we think drugs or alcohol.

Get to my next house, bring the dog out, get home and have the Jehovah's witnesses ask me if my parents were home (because I apparently don't look old enough to have a huge fancy house) and trap me in the house I was in, while the dogs mom spoke to them

. I texted my boss and I was like I don't know what to make of today.... At all.... Haha

Sent from my iPhone
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!:/
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #1882
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels

Holy Crap, what a nightmare!!!

Good to hear!!!

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!:/
Yeah, car was totaled. She must've hit that thing going like 30mph. Enough that the car spun around. And she just got out all nonchalant and looked at her totaled, smoking car like it was nbd. My jaw was dropped. They way she hit it she should've been injured.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #1883
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
So I have a weird story for everyone. Teaser though. I have a feeling this day is only gonna get weirder. But it involves car accidents and Jehovah's witnesses
What happened with the Jehovah's witness? You started off with a bang. More exciting than the world ending.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #1884
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I guess the they forgot about the calendar dates for people across the international date line...unless there is a hidden calendar...
Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #1885
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose

What happened with the Jehovah's witness? You started off with a bang. More exciting than the world ending.
They just awkwardly followed me to the dogs house then talked to the mom and I couldn't leave because of them. Just awkward.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #1886
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
I want to cry right now. We lost our nice AoA reservations for february due to a super long story. Had to rebook at AsMu. Saved ourselves a lot of money, but my friends are so ticked at me now, because I made things super complicated. Just..... Not a good week. At all..... Is it Christmas yet?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1887
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
They just awkwardly followed me to the dogs house then talked to the mom and I couldn't leave because of them. Just awkward.
Sorry, duh! I missed that part. I am going stir crazy in the house.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #1888
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I guess the they forgot about the calendar dates for people across the international date line...unless there is a hidden calendar...
I don't know - what time zone is Lima in?

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1889
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

OK, apparently Lima is EST - it's the same time there as it is in New England. And I found this:
Quote:
Calendar Countdown

The Mayan Calendar finishes one of its great circles in December 2012. Some believe this is a sign of the End of the World.

In Lima this happens on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 6:11:00 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=131

Maybe I just won't set my alarm tomorrow.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #1890
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
OK, apparently Lima is EST - it's the same time there as it is in New England. And I found this:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=131

Maybe I just won't set my alarm tomorrow.
Only a few hours ahead...

Australia is already the 21st...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: